The Republic of Obsessions is a massive, genial nation, renowned for its avant-garde cinema, keen interest in outer space, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-working population of 4.026 billion Obsessionsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 34.4%.
The very strong Obsessionsian economy, worth 271 trillion baht a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Woodchip Exports, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 67,453 baht, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster, the nation has an international reputation for compassion, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty, and prisons are filled with the cackles and sobs of a deranged inmate population. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Obsessions's national animal is the panther.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Obsessions's influence in The United World Nations rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Obsessions's influence in The United World Nations rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Obsessions's influence in The United World Nations rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Obsessions's influence in The United World Nations rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Obsessions's influence in The United World Nations rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Obsessions resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Obsessions became WA Delegate of The United World Nations.
- : Obsessions's influence in The United World Nations rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Obsessions relocated from Artificial Solar System to The United World Nations.
- : Obsessions was endorsed by The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 13.