The Holy Protectorate of Devoted Decons is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Duke with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 28.453 billion Devoted Deconsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government is primarily concerned with Spirituality, although Education, Law & Order, and Environment are also considered important, while Social Policy and Public Transport receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vincestria. The average income tax rate is 36.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Devoted Deconsian economy, worth 844 trillion talents a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 29,665 talents, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The stock market has been destroyed for its own protection, expensive show trials reveal the harshness of the nation's justice system, the fattest folk in Devoted Decons look to be the happiest ones, and Devoted Deconsian actors literally work from cradle to grave. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Devoted Decons's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Devoted Decons was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Devoted Decons's influence in Catholic fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Devoted Decons updated the World Factbook entry in Catholic.
- : Devoted Decons was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist and Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Devoted Decons was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Devoted Decons was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Devoted Decons was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential, the Top 5% for Most Valuable International Artwork, and the Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Devoted Decons was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Devoted Decons was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Devoted Decons was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather, Highest Economic Output, Most Pacifist, and Most Advanced Public Education.