|Leader||the Central Committee|
The Actually Existing Socialism of Zutroy is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Central Committee with an iron fist, and renowned for its national health service, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 24.929 billion Zutrons are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zutroy. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Zutron economy, worth a remarkable 5,765 trillion work points a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 231,260 work points, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia, factories are regularly demolished to make way for low-cost housing areas, the state believes that nature-oriented summer camps will somehow solve youth crime, and streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zutroy's national animal is the suid, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is state-sponsored atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zutroy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Pierconium".
- : Zutroy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World Assembly Justice Accord".
- : Zutroy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Farm".
- : Zutroy updated the World Factbook entry in Red Army Headquarters.
- : Zutroy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Airspace".
- : Zutroy voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Endangered Species Protection"".
- : Zutroy voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protecting Personal Data"".
- : Zutroy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Depository standards Act".
- : Zutroy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Darkesia".
- : Zutroy's influence in Red Army Headquarters rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
Endorsements Received: None.