The Eternal Crusade of The Unfounded is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Achaedus with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 34.324 billion Shirassi enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 92.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Shirassi economy, worth a remarkable 7,869 trillion Soulstone Motes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 229,283 Soulstone Motes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, much of The Unfounded's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, euthanasia is legal, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Unfounded's national animal is the Orn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Unfounded's influence in The Godulus Empire fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : The Unfounded's influence in The Godulus Empire rose from "Minnow" to "Contender".
- : The Unfounded relocated from Lazarus to The Godulus Empire.
- : The Unfounded was refounded in Lazarus.
- : The Unfounded ceased to exist in The Godulus Empire.
- : The Unfounded was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : The Unfounded was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : The Unfounded was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest.
- : The Unfounded's influence in The Godulus Empire rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : The Unfounded was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest and the Top 5% for Longest Average Lifespans.