|Currency||bit of string|
The Can of SillyString is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its smutty television, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 15.771 billion SillyStringians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 82.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient SillyStringian economy, worth 671 trillion bits of string a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Pizza Delivery, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 42,598 bits of string, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Raver DJ XStacy holds multiple medical degrees in chillaxing, the government mails weekly updates on the new anti-junk mail laws to every citizen, Jennifer Government is a bestseller, and jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. SillyString's national animal is the Seal, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : SillyString's influence in The North Pacific fell from "Sprat" to "Minnow".
- : SillyString was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : SillyString was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : SillyString was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive and Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : SillyString was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and the Top 10% for Largest Governments.
- : SillyString was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : SillyString's influence in The North Pacific fell from "Shoeshiner" to "Sprat".
- : SillyString was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : SillyString was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist and the Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans and Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : SillyString was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.