|Faith||The Imperial Church|
The Empire of Segmentia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Empress Divine with an iron fist, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, strictly enforced bedtime, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 23.081 billion Segmentians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Segmentia. The average income tax rate is 98.9%.
The all-consuming Segmentian economy, worth a remarkable 4,226 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 183,096 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Students who do not recite the national anthem each morning have to drop and give their teacher 50, gay men commonly complain about their time of the month, new government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps, and the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Segmentia's national animal is the Xenomorph, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Imperial Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Segmentia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Segmentia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Segmentia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Segmentia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Segmentia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Segmentia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Segmentia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Segmentia altered its national flag.
- : Segmentia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Segmentia, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster.