|Leader||the Prince of Darkness|
The Murder-Suicide Cult of Hellscapia is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by the Prince of Darkness with an iron fist, and renowned for its infamous sell-swords, fear of technology, and enforced nudity. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.511 billion Damned are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order and Administration are also considered important, while Environment and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pandæmonium. The average income tax rate is 88.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Hellish economy, worth 148 trillion sins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, highly specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 98,240 sins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Hellscapia, Big Brother is still watching even when your big brother is dead, it is a silent spring in Hellscapia, and a recent "genocide prevention" campaign includes murdering children based on their DNA. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Hellscapia's national animal is the human soul, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Satanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hellscapia, a recent "genocide prevention" campaign includes murdering children based on their DNA.
- : Hellscapia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Hellscapia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Hellscapia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Hellscapia was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Hellscapia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Hellscapia, it is a silent spring in Hellscapia.
- : Hellscapia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Hellscapia, Big Brother is still watching even when your big brother is dead.
- : Following new legislation in Hellscapia, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Hellscapia.