The Republic of Bitcoin is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, absence of drug laws, and suspicion of poets. The democratic population of 124 million Bitcoinians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 27.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Bitcoinian economy, worth 3.83 trillion bitcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Cheese Exports, Uranium Mining, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 30,900 bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks", the tenet of free speech is held dear, and having skeletons in one's closet is no longer just a macabre idiom. Crime is totally unknown. Bitcoin's national animal is the unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bitcoin's influence in United Alliances rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Bitcoin's influence in United Alliances rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Bitcoin's influence in United Alliances rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Bitcoin's influence in United Alliances rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Bitcoin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and Most Politically Free.
- : The Federated Island Republic of Zocra appointed Bitcoin as Director of the Treasury with authority over Communications and Polls in United Alliances.
- : Bitcoin changed its national motto to "bitcoin.org".
- : Following new legislation in Bitcoin, having skeletons in one's closet is no longer just a macabre idiom.
- : Following new legislation in Bitcoin, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in Bitcoin, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks".