|Leader||Emperor Basil the Great|
The Everlasting Empire of Bej is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Basil the Great with an iron fist, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, aversion to nipples, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 4.375 billion Bejians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beki. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Bejian economy, worth a remarkable 1,031 trillion Bejis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an amazing 235,848 Bejis, with the richest citizens earning 7.1 times as much as the poorest.
No one knows how to tie a reef knot, citizens sell their moldy bread as homemade penicillin, prisoners pray grey skies are gonna clear up, and artists attempt to convince the Hardship Fund that their unmade bed is a masterpiece. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bej's national animal is the Bejian crocodile, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bej was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Bej was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Bej's influence in The West Pole rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Bej lodged a message on the The West Pole Regional Message Board.
- : Bej was ejected from the WA for rule violations.
- : Following new legislation in Bej, artists attempt to convince the Hardship Fund that their unmade bed is a masterpiece.
- : Following new legislation in Bej, prisoners pray grey skies are gonna clear up.
- : Following new legislation in Bej, citizens sell their moldy bread as homemade penicillin.
- : Following new legislation in Bej, no one knows how to tie a reef knot.
- : Following new legislation in Bej, cops with assault weaponry are forcing their way into private homes to search for terrorists.