|Leader||Emperor Helnut II|
|Faith||Banned by State|
The Third Empire of Asterguard is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Helnut II with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, enslaved workforce, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 2.528 billion Oberstuttens have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Law & Order, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berlin. The average income tax rate is 75.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Asterguardian economy, worth 319 trillion German Marcs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 126,258 German Marcs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The construction of massive skyscrapers seems to be the result of Asterguard's mid-life crisis, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy, and sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Asterguard's national animal is the German Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Banned by State.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Asterguard was endorsed by The Rising Sun's Land of Yaorozu.
- : Asterguard was endorsed by The Holy Violet Matriarchy of Racoda.
- : Asterguard was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and the Top 10% for Most Average and Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Asterguard was endorsed by The Writing Legislation of Praeceps.
- : Asterguard was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Federation Terra Australis.
- : Asterguard was endorsed by The Collective of Wineclaw.
- : Following new legislation in Asterguard, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Following new legislation in Asterguard, cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy.
- : Following new legislation in Asterguard, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
- : Following new legislation in Asterguard, the construction of massive skyscrapers seems to be the result of Asterguard's mid-life crisis.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Shin-Hachioji, Doggerstan, Pallaith, Alunya, Abject Ludicrosity, Newpromisedland, El Fiji Grande, The Rhein States, Omnistria, Territorio di Nessuno, Ethnon, Trillius, Malphe, Great Bights Mum, Saturns Edge, Sundred, Victoriaans Nederlands, Sunto, The Black Cathedral, Kwaj, PlanetPunk, Unimaginable Doom, Koda-Land, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, Napnomadia, Corfad, Apetopia, Kirostan, Dreadton, Guer Aike, New Caeitanordia, Frances Francis the First of France, Notyoutopia, Bayern-Straubing, Egalico, East Spopovichka, Wortowland, A Classless Society, Shibutani, Siwale, Sinelona, Steampunk Ariel, Wineclaw, Federation Terra Australis, Praeceps, Racoda, and Yaorozu.