WA Delegate: The Free Republic of Knootoss (elected )
Last WA Update:
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Information Technology Sector in Western Atlantic
World Census staff compiled lists over Smart Phone related traffic accidents to determine which nations have the largest Information Technology industries.
As a region, Western Atlantic is ranked 2,016th in the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
|1.||The Free Republic of Knootoss||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Libertate Unanimus”|
|2.||The Caldan Union of The Resurgent Dream||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“Spem Reduxit”|
|3.||The Holy Empire of Excalbia||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“En Brivi Folks, Av Dieva Zelastibu”|
|4.||The Confederation of Soveriegn States||New York Times Democracy||“A Free People Know No Limits”|
|5.||The Kingdom of Brasland||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Für Gott, König und Vaterland”|
|6.||The Dominion of Upper Virginia||Democratic Socialists||“Freedom and the Hope of Peace”|
|7.||The Empire of Tehua||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“UNION RELIGION INDEPENDENCIA”|
|8.||The Kingdom of Cyretopolitania||Moralistic Democracy||“God Preserves the Faithful”|
|9.||The Republic of Laneria||Corporate Bordello||“Audemus iura nostra defendere”|
|10.||The Hetmanate of Kasakia||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“When the banner is raised, reason is in the trumpets”|
- : The Kingdom of Mayagua arrived from Osiris.
- : The Principality of Ultrasylva arrived from Osiris.
- : The Kingdom of Brasland arrived from Osiris.
- : The Empire of Tehua arrived from Osiris.
- : The Free Republic of Finara arrived from Balder.
- : The Hetmanate of Kasakia arrived from Lazarus.
- : The Republic of Laneria arrived from Balder.
- : The Caldan Union of The Resurgent Dream arrived from Osiris.
- : The Kingdom of Brasland ceased to exist.
- : The Principality of Ultrasylva ceased to exist.
Western Atlantic Regional Message Board
New flag done although I note that it's similar to Knootoss. Then again there's a host of Real Life flags that are very similiar and why am I saying this here rather than the discord? We'll never know.
We would have seen it sooner on the Discord.
Finished fleshing out the history of Jrawa through the proclamation of the republic in the mid-19th century.
9 days ago: The Socialist People's Fiefdom of Uncle Noel ceased to exist
We will never speak of this again
You brought it up.
Under the treaties, the new Autonomous Provinces of Deandra and Southland agreed to:
- recognize the Excalbian Emperor as their Head of State;
- merge their state militias and coast guards into the Imperial Armed Forces;
- turnover former Confederal military bases to the Imperial Armed Forces;
- forswear the right to conduct their own foreign affairs, enter into treaties or international trade agreements;
- submit to Imperial authority in all matters of foreign policy, international trade, trade with the other constituent parts of the Holy Empire, military affairs, immigration, and customs and border control;
- recognize the Imperial Supreme Court as the highest court and court of final appeal for all matters of law;
- integrate their postal services into the Imperial Post;
- accept the Imperial Sov as their legal currency;
- recognize all rights granted by the Imperial Constitution.
The Holy Empire of Excalbia agreed to:
- recognize the autonomous provinces' sovereignty over all other domestic matters not specifically placed under Imperial authority;
- recognize citizens of Southland and Deandra as full citizens of the Holy Empire;
- provide for the defence of the provinces;
- allow the provinces to appoint a governor to the Board of Governors of the Bank of Excalbia (joining the Grand Duchy of Patverums and the Union of Ajuba in that privilege);
- allow the provinces to send delegates (16 for Deandra and 14 for Southland) to the Imperial Senate; while the delegates would generally be non-voting, they would be allowed to vote on matters pertaining to the military, foreign relations, international trade, immigration, customs and border control, and the posts, including the appointment of relevant officials in related positions.
In accordance with the Confederation Constitution, the House of Representatives was called upon to elect the new president. However, the divided House could not come to an agreement. Heated debate turned into shouting and ended with punches being thrown and House staff having to restrain and remove multiple representatives from the floor. Congress adjourned without electing a president.
Amidst the chaos, the States of Southland and Deandra, both of which had given few votes to Krauklis - even fewer than Collins in the case of Deandra, began debating secession in their state legislatures. Finally, the governors of Southland, Deandra and New Virginia jointly called for an extraordinary Constitutional Convention to resolve the crisis.
Appearing before the Convention both outgoing President Collins, whose term was coming to an end within days with no successor, and his predecessor and ideological opposite Tom Caine appealed for cooperation and unity. Delegates to the Convention failed to head their call. Instead, the Convention voted to dissolve the Confederation as it had been. Southland and Deandra would secede - both would shortly open negotiations to unite with the Holy Empire of Excabia, and the remaining States would remain in the Confederation under a highly revised Constitution.
Changes to the Constitution included the dissolution of the House of States, making the Confederation Congress a unicameral legislature. The direct election of the president was adopted and rank-order voting was adopted to avoid hung elections in the future. A special provision was adopted to allow the Convention to elect an interim president until new elections could be held in 2022.
After ratification of the constitutional changes by the remaining states - New Virginia, Alud, Trondgard and Northlands - Janice Rudeles, Tom Caine’s former foreign minister, was sworn in as President.
The first organized cities appeared on Tametry plains around 8000 BCE. Around 3400 BCE, the city of Badaria began to grow in prosperity and influence, eventually forming the nucleus of what became the Kingdom of Tametry about 3100 BCE.
The Kingdom of Tametry under the Pharaohs of Badaria had expanded by the 9th century BCE to include most of modern-day Cyretopolitania and Jrawa, which constituted the Kingdom's Eastern Province. In 147 BCE, the Roman Republic invaded and occupied most of the coastal areas of the Eastern Province, creating the Roman province of Cyretopolitania.
Over the next century, Rome gradually absorbed more and more of Tametry until it was officially made the Roman province of Tameteria. Its capital was relocated from ancient Badaria to the newly built Roman city of Alexandria.
Christianity was introduced in Tameteria by Saint Mark, who established the See of Alexandria. Followers of Saint Mark then carried Christianity to Cyretopolitania and Jrawa. While Christianity fully dislodged the ancient religions of Tameteria and Cyretopolitania, it never fully dislodged Judiasim in the tiny region in Jrawa.
In the 5th century CE, the See of Alexandria, along with the See of Cyretia, refused to recognize the Council of Chalcedon, separating the Coptic Orthodox Churches of Cyretia and Tameteria from the Eastern and Western Churches.
Umayyad Invasion and the Sultanate of Qubti
In the 7th century, the Umayyad Caliphate launched a successful invasion of Tameteria. Uthman ibn Muhammad entered Alexandria in 686 and renamed the city Iskandariya.
After the fall of the Umayyad Caliphate, Tameteria, now known by the Arabic name Qubti, remained under Muslim rule, with several local governors vying for control.
In 1261, Jawhar Abdallah, a governor from the south of Qubti, conquered Iskandariya, which cemented his control of all of Qubit. After proclaiming himself Sultan,he seized the ancient cathedral of Saint Mark, which had been spared by the Umayyads, and turned it into the mosque now known as the Golden Mosque.
Over the next several hundred years, the Sultanate of Qubit mounted several invasions of the Christian Kingdom of Cyretopolitania and Jewish Kingdom of Jrawa. None succeeded, although much territory on the fringes of Cyretopolitania and Qubti switched hands several times during the course of several wars.
Fall of the Sultanate
Following the First World War, the economy was near collapse and social unrest was growing in the Sultanate rapidly urbanizing cities. A group of officers, many of whom had either been educated in the West or had been exposed to Western ideas during the War, decided that Qubit could only be saved by removing the Sultan and installing a secular, nationalist government.
The coup, led by Colonel Abasi Hamdy, succeeded in overthrowing the Sultan on November 15, 1920. The Republic of Qubti was proclaimed the next day, with Colonel Hamdy as its first President.
In 1962, a group of radical officers influenced by socialist revolutions in other parts of the world overthrew the authoritarian government of President Mussa Said and proclaimed the Democratic Republic of Qubti.
Although the current government of Qubti has returned to name Republic of Qubti, it continues to officially espouse socialism. The military, however, remains the primary power broker in Qubit. Further eroding socialist ideals is a growing Islamist movement that has been tolerated, if not cultivated, by the government, which uses it appease the masses, threaten its neighbors, and justify periodic crackdowns.
Finally posted a history for Qubti.