by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Vaporwave Paradise Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .135136137138139140141142143»

Bienenhalde wrote:If the Ashkenazis were descended from Khazars, why did they speak a Germanic language instead of a Turkic or Slavic one?

Because they lived in German speaking territories? You know, they same reason the Sephardis spoke Ladino. It's not like the ancient Jews spoke a dialect of Old Spanish or Proto-Romance.
If they were descended from Jews why didn't they speak a variety of neo-Aramaic?

Diopolis wrote:Because they lived in German speaking territories? You know, they same reason the Sephardis spoke Ladino. It's not like the ancient Jews spoke a dialect of Old Spanish or Proto-Romance.
If they were descended from Jews why didn't they speak a variety of neo-Aramaic?

And yet they continued to speak a Germanic language even after migrating eastward into Balto-Slavic and Finno-Ugric speaking countries. Which seems to confirm that they originated from Germany and not from the Slavic and Turkic speaking region of the Pontic steppe.

I support a two state solution. Anyone here support a one state solution?

The Reformed American Republic wrote:I support a two state solution. Anyone here support a one state solution?

yes - pro-kazakhstan

The Reformed American Republic wrote:I support a two state solution. Anyone here support a one state solution?

All jokes aside, I'm talking about Israel and Palestine here.

The Reformed American Republic wrote:I support a two state solution. Anyone here support a one state solution?

What about the three-state solution?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-state_solution

The Reformed American Republic wrote:All jokes aside, I'm talking about Israel and Palestine here.

what's an "israel"?

imagine supporting national self determination

Bienenhalde wrote:What about the three-state solution?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-state_solution

Looks like an ok plan. Better than a one state.

Sepharad

The Reformed American Republic wrote:Looks like an ok plan. Better than a one state.

The Palestinians have no interest in being ruled by Egypt or Jordan and this would still leave the matter of territorial disputes between Israel and the Palestinians largely unresolved.

Sepharad

Diopolis wrote:Truly, to question the supremacy of Khazars pretending to be Jewish is the clearest example of anti-semitism around.

The Khazar Hypothesis has been pretty thoroughly debunked by genetic evidence. The present consensus is that the Ashkenazim originated as a result of men from the Levant intermarrying with Alpine women who converted to Judaism. There may be some small degree of admixture from the Khazar population but, at the moment, we aren't even certain to what degree the non-aristocratic segments of society accepted Judaism. Additionally, the expansion of the Kievan Rus and rival Turkic groups resulted in the absorption of the Khazars over a thousand years ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN248026

Ayn Rand Institute wants a government loan. They hate the idea of the government doing practically anything, lol.

Sepharad wrote:The Palestinians have no interest in being ruled by Egypt or Jordan and this would still leave the matter of territorial disputes between Israel and the Palestinians largely unresolved.

And what is Palestinian national identity based on anyway, besides a toxic sense of victimhood and grivance against Israel. It would be better for Palestinian children to be taught to be good Egyptians or Jordanians. And anyway I don't see how they would be worse off as Egyptian or Jordanian citizens.

Sepharad

Bienenhalde wrote:And what is Palestinian national identity based on anyway, besides a toxic sense of victimhood and grivance against Israel. It would be better for Palestinian children to be taught to be good Egyptians or Jordanians. And anyway I don't see how they would be worse off as Egyptian or Jordanian citizens.

The Palestinians have a culture distinct from that of the Egyptians and Jordanians. They have their own dialect of Arabic, whereas the Jordanians tend to speak Najdi or Hijazi. They have their own cuisine, dances, and clothing which bear a close resemblance to those of the Lebanese and Syrians but still have noticeable differences. They're fiercely republican, creating another stark difference with the Jordanians who appreciate their monarchy. The Egyptians are pretty alien from the the Palestinians. They're their own thing. The Jordanians probably have more in common with populations in Saudi Arabia. The Lebanese, while similar in many ways, have noticeable differences culturally - you can notice this by simply watching dabkes from both countries. Additionally, Egypt and Jordan do not want to annex Palestine or deal with an unruly population there.

Post self-deleted by South Odreria 2.

and what is american national identity based on anyway, besides a toxic sense of victimhood and grivance against england. It would be better for american children to be taught to be good englishmen or frenchman. and anyway I don't see how they would be worse off as english or french citizens.

and what is cuban national identity based on anyway, besides a toxic sense of victimhood and grivance against Spain. It would be better for cuban children to be taught to be good Puerto Ricans or Dominican Republicans. and anyway I don't see how they would be worse off as as Puerto Rican or Dominican Republican citizens.

Curse me not seeing one of the posts above. My dumb comment has been deleted.

and what is estonian national identity based on anyway, besides a toxic sense of victimhood and grivance against Russia. It would be better for estonian children to be taught to be good Belarusians or Finns. and anyway I don't see how they would be worse off as as Belarusian or Finnish citizens.

We should go back to the Victorian era and have our mail delivered a double-digit number of times a day.
I for one look forwards to the RWDT mailing list.

Diopolis wrote:We should go back to the Victorian era and have our mail delivered a double-digit number of times a day.
I for one look forwards to the RWDT mailing list.

I believe we should maintain a network of carrier pigeons to communicate between our respective towns. I also believe TEM should pay for disposing of pigeon droppings and a large quantity of whatever pigeons eat.

Cekovia wrote:and what is estonian national identity based on anyway, besides a toxic sense of victimhood and grivance against Russia. It would be better for estonian children to be taught to be good Belarusians or Finns. and anyway I don't see how they would be worse off as as Belarusian or Finnish citizens.

For reasons which I cannot fully articulate, I have a certain fondness for Belarus. No idea why - maybe because they're just a less problematic Russia. They don't really care about international politics so much, just their own little plot of the Earth, which they've taken rather good care of in recent years. I only wish they were more respective towards their Orthodox populace.

Joohan wrote:For reasons which I cannot fully articulate, I have a certain fondness for Belarus. No idea why - maybe because they're just a less problematic Russia. They don't really care about international politics so much, just their own little plot of the Earth, which they've taken rather good care of in recent years. I only wish they were more respective towards their Orthodox populace.

Is it because they embrace a form of societal order you agree with, while being mostly isolationist?

«12. . .135136137138139140141142143»

Advertisement