by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .1,9151,9161,9171,9181,9191,9201,921. . .1,9331,934»

Hello Gazooís friends! Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

Florensia

Hello! Can anyone help me with the the rocket launch countdown script..I mean what are the things needs to be checked as the T minus goes on...

Florensia wrote:Hello! Can anyone help me with the the rocket launch countdown script..I mean what are the things needs to be checked as the T minus goes on...

what?

Zetox wrote:Gazoo wants to apologize for not being online this week. Gazoo is very busy! Gazoo finishing Cornell University and getting right for Harvard University!

No need for apologies, we should be thanking you instead <3

Good evening! Sending good vibes and hoping everyone has a great week!

Florensia wrote:Hello! Can anyone help me with the the rocket launch countdown script..I mean what are the things needs to be checked as the T minus goes on...

This might give some ideas of what to put in your script. Hope it helps.

Zetox wrote:Gazoo wants to apologize for not being online this week. Gazoo is very busy! Gazoo finishing Cornell University and getting right for Harvard University!

Ah yes

Suppose itís true, what is your dissertation topic? You do political science iirc and since I plan to do PPE in Oxford in the future for my degree, it would be of great help if I can engage in grad level political debates now

It would be even more engaging for me if you talk about your own ideas, since argument evaluation is an essential skills that I must develop should I delve more into political science.

On another note, Iíve done some research (itís a short course) before on the Democratic Peace Theory and wrote a short essay. I wonder if youíve discussed that in your Cornell courses before? It would certainly be interesting to see the arguments Cornell professors and you have on this theory.

Chokoku wrote:Ah yes

Suppose itís true, what is your dissertation topic? You do political science iirc and since I plan to do PPE in Oxford in the future for my degree, it would be of great help if I can engage in grad level political debates now

It would be even more engaging for me if you talk about your own ideas, since argument evaluation is an essential skills that I must develop should I delve more into political science.

On another note, Iíve done some research (itís a short course) before on the Democratic Peace Theory and wrote a short essay. I wonder if youíve discussed that in your Cornell courses before? It would certainly be interesting to see the arguments Cornell professors and you have on this theory.

Finland, a democracy, went to war with Britain and America during the Winter War. A rarity, but it happens. This was triggered by the Soviet invasion of Finland, forcing the latter to ally with Nazi Germany during WWII. But barring external factors such as the invasion of a sovereign democratic country by a larger neighbor that is allied to another democracy that is at war with yet another country that is also at war with the invading neighbor, Finland and the Western allies would never have found themselves at odds. I'd say that under more normal circumstances, the democratic peace theory largely holds to this day. Mature democracies simply do not wage war against each other. This is what sets civilized countries apart from uncivilized ones.

/Not a poli sci student

Liberal Malaysia wrote:Finland, a democracy, went to war with Britain and America during the Winter War. A rarity, but it happens. This was triggered by the Soviet invasion of Finland, forcing the latter to ally with Nazi Germany during WWII. But barring external factors such as the invasion of a sovereign democratic country by a larger neighbor that is allied to another democracy, Finland and the Western allies would never have found themselves at odds. I'd say the democratic peace theory largely holds to this day.

/Not a poli sci student

The essay I wrote seeked to suggest an alternative theory, which is Pax Americana

I used examples like South Korea pre 1990s and Japan, Saudi Arabia and Israel to prove its America thatís tying them together, and itís just that coincidentally American allies are usually democratic(or if you must say, not exactly coincidentally as American alliance generally result in democracy)

Chokoku wrote:The essay I wrote seeked to suggest an alternative theory, which is Pax Americana

I used examples like South Korea pre 1990s and Japan, Saudi Arabia and Israel to prove its America thatís tying them together, and itís just that coincidentally American allies are usually democratic(or if you must say, not exactly coincidentally as American alliance generally result in democracy)

I edited my post moments before you replied.

Liberal Malaysia wrote:Finland, a democracy, went to war with Britain and America during the Winter War. A rarity, but it happens. This was triggered by the Soviet invasion of Finland, forcing the latter to ally with Nazi Germany during WWII. But barring external factors such as the invasion of a sovereign democratic country by a larger neighbor that is allied to another democracy that is at war with yet another country that is also at war with the invading neighbor, Finland and the Western allies would never have found themselves at odds. I'd say that under more normal circumstances, the democratic peace theory largely holds to this day. Mature democracies simply do not wage war against each other. This is what sets civilized countries apart from uncivilized ones.

/Not a poli sci student

Pretty sure the US didn't declare war on Finland, and the UK declared war during the Finns Continuation war in 1941 when they allied with Germany against the Soviets, the winter war was Nov 1939 to Mar 1940, well before hand

I hope that the cold weather in New York ends soon. Turns out the stupid groundhog was right...

Korovan wrote:No need for apologies, we should be thanking you instead <3

Thank you for understanding! Gazoo appreciate that!

La Republique Louisianaise wrote:Good evening! Sending good vibes and hoping everyone has a great week!

This might give some ideas of what to put in your script. Hope it helps.

Thank you Mr. Ambassador.

Chokoku wrote:Ah yes

Suppose itís true, what is your dissertation topic? You do political science iirc and since I plan to do PPE in Oxford in the future for my degree, it would be of great help if I can engage in grad level political debates now

It would be even more engaging for me if you talk about your own ideas, since argument evaluation is an essential skills that I must develop should I delve more into political science.

On another note, Iíve done some research (itís a short course) before on the Democratic Peace Theory and wrote a short essay. I wonder if youíve discussed that in your Cornell courses before? It would certainly be interesting to see the arguments Cornell professors and you have on this theory.

Gazoo dont need to do a dissertation to get bachelor's degree from Cornell. https://government.cornell.edu/undergraduate

But Gazoo is planning to do a dissertation or thesis for his master degree at Harvard University regrading the Second Amendment of the US Constitution but Gazoo will talk with Thesis-dissertation supervisor once Gazoo finally arrives at Harvard University.

Capital Markets wrote:I hope that the cold weather in New York ends soon. Turns out the stupid groundhog was right...

Gazoo like cold weather over hot weather.

Zetox wrote:Gazoo like cold weather over hot weather.

Me too. I really miss the snow in London.

Zetox wrote:Gazoo dont need to do a dissertation to get bachelor's degree from Cornell. https://government.cornell.edu/undergraduate

But Gazoo is planning to do a dissertation or thesis for his master degree at Harvard University regrading the Second Amendment of the US Constitution but Gazoo will talk with Thesis-dissertation supervisor once Gazoo finally arrives at Harvard University.

Ah I see.

It will certainly be interesting to look at the 2nd Amendment. Are you more interested in looking at the political philosophy side of it (the rationale and justification of (or against) it) or the political implications side of it (stuff like how political parties shifted to adopt their views in this issue)?

Zetox wrote:Thank you for understanding! Gazoo appreciate that!Thank you Mr. Ambassador.

that went over your head lol

I was saying thanks for giving us a week long break <3

LinkChina truckers use fake travel records, 'clean' drivers to dodge Covid-19 rules

Chinese truck drivers hoping to outwit Covid-19 inspectors are faking travel histories to get through checkpoints or avoid quarantine, state media reported, as weary citizens struggle with restrictions more than two years after the pandemic began.

While some truckers try to use hi-tech sleight of hand to dodge the restrictions, some desperate travellers are simply trying to hide in their cars to get where they want to go.

Authorities across China have tightened Covid-19 curbs this month as the highly transmissible Omicron variant spreads, triggering lockdowns in Shanghai and the whole province of Jilin.

Many regional authorities have barred travellers, including long-distance truck drivers, from high-risk areas, while some have to spend time in quarantine, complicating lives and disrupting China's sprawling transport system.

Not surprisingly, there are people who try to game the system.

In Shenyang, capital of Liaoning province and a major northeastern transport hub, nearly 100 truckers have been punished for trying to trick inspectors with mobile phones loaded with fake travel histories, state media reported.

Often one phone, tucked away, contains a driver's real travel history, including locations with positive Covid-19 cases marked with a star, while another phone, ready for presentation at checkpoints, shows a fake travel history with not a star in sight.

Truckers for a logistics company aiming to get into another Liaoning city were caught trying to key phone numbers of people with "clean" travel histories, provided by their employer, into their phones to fool inspectors, the official Xinhua news agency reported on Wednesday.

Some travellers hoping to reach the capital, Beijing, have hired substitute drivers with untainted travel histories to drive their vehicles through checkpoints, while they sneak through the woods beside the road on foot to reclaim their cars on the other side, authorities said.

Substitute drivers can earn up to 2,000 yuan per trip, the Beijing city government said this week.

Other travellers resort to just trying hiding in their cars to get through checkpoints, it said.

Last week, a traveller returning to Jiaxing city, near Shanghai, got a substitute driver to help him get there.

He was confirmed to be coronavirus positive a few days later, police said.

- Reuters

People are literally starving in their apartments for lack of food and essential supplies. They are sneaking out of their homes to buy food only to be detained by officers and forced to "confess" their crimes on camera and "acknowledge" that the state does indeed provide them with food. Those who do appear on camera receiving food from government employees at their front doors are required to "thank" the government on camera for its endless compassion and generosity. Ordinary people are being dehumanized on camera simply for trying to survive. This insanity would never happen in most countries. Not even tinpot dictatorships such as Iran or Russia are this inhumane with their COVID restrictions.

I don't mind obeying COVID rules in most places as long as they're sensible, proportionate, and based in science and not religion or politics. This includes most countries including Malaysia, even if our government occasionally does stupid things like keeping bars and nightclubs closed while reopening everything else because some religious extremists are not fond of bars and nightclubs. I'm more than happy to wear a mask and receive my shots (as long as they're the correct shots) and practice 1m physical distancing. COVID rules in most countries are slowly becoming farther and fewer in between as life slowly begins to return to normal after two years of COVID hell.

Not in China or Hong Kong. In China and Hong Kong, I support full-scale civil disobedience. Just tear everything to the ground. Bend the zero-COVID rules. Resist compulsory mass testing. Resist mass quarantine. Resist arbitrary and draconian travel restrictions. Resist total, indiscriminate lockdowns. Resist the Sinovac "vaccine". Disobey and resist at all costs. Purposely lie and mislead government officials. Give them hell. Revolt en masse and reclaim your dignity. The Chinese government has no legitimacy or popular mandate whatsoever. Therefore, any rules and regulations they may impose are null and void by definition.

For FREEDOM.

Read dispatch

Liberal Malaysia wrote:Me too. I really miss the snow in London.

Snow is great! Gazoo also love the snow! It so white, so pure!

Chokoku wrote:Ah I see.

It will certainly be interesting to look at the 2nd Amendment. Are you more interested in looking at the political philosophy side of it (the rationale and justification of (or against) it) or the political implications side of it (stuff like how political parties shifted to adopt their views in this issue)?

Gazoo will like to do both things do a philosophy and practice of 2nd Amendment but Gazoo wont be surprised that its Thesis supervisor tone the scope of such dissertation or thesis into one area and not both.

Gazoo is excited for Fall so Gazoo can be in another Ivy League school, Harvard University, and learn new things of how to do government and to meet Gazoo's dissertation supervisor. Gazoo hope that the supervisor isnt a radical left member of the faculty

Korovan wrote:that went over your head lol

I was saying thanks for giving us a week long break <3

Ohhh, Gazoo thought you were happy and proud of Gazoo but Gazoo now see that you were happy that Gazoo wasn't online because Gazoo is sort of disturbance to you and this Union.

Gazoo is very sad to hear that. Gazoo cant believe you really believe that.

Hello friends! How are you? Gazoo hope everyone is doing great on this WrestleMania weekend!
Gazoo shed a tear listening to The Undertaker Hall of Fame speech last night.

Gazoo is excited for Night 1 of WrestleMania from Texas!! It going to be stupendous!!!

That uranium is mine, no one touch it!

Zetox wrote:Snow is great! Gazoo also love the snow! It so white, so pure!

Gazoo will like to do both things do a philosophy and practice of 2nd Amendment but Gazoo wont be surprised that its Thesis supervisor tone the scope of such dissertation or thesis into one area and not both.

Gazoo is excited for Fall so Gazoo can be in another Ivy League school, Harvard University, and learn new things of how to do government and to meet Gazoo's dissertation supervisor. Gazoo hope that the supervisor isnt a radical left member of the faculty

Ohhh, Gazoo thought you were happy and proud of Gazoo but Gazoo now see that you were happy that Gazoo wasn't online because Gazoo is sort of disturbance to you and this Union.

Gazoo is very sad to hear that. Gazoo cant believe you really believe that.

Can we get another week?

The United Sentinel Systems wrote:Can we get another week?

Really? Is Gazoo so bad that you want Gazoo to be out of this great Union?

Hi everyone! Happy WrestleMania Sunday! Last night was awesome at WrestleMania Night 1. Gazoo is excited for night 2 of WrestleMania from the great, conservative, republican state of Texas!

WWE is the big leagues! the EVP of AEW jumped ship and redebut last night at WrestleMania! Plus Stone Cold wrestle last night!

The United Sentinel Systems wrote:That uranium is mine, no one touch it!

You better not be making WMDs with that Uranium sir

«12. . .1,9151,9161,9171,9181,9191,9201,921. . .1,9331,934»

Advertisement