Nope. How to do it?
Oh, ask Roendavar by a telegram, press telegram and put Roendavar in, and say I want a spot on the map and please link it. Then, go to your flag and press factbook and write about your country there.
In fact, it's Vancouvia you should telegram. Also please read this information before you do so :
The map is key to developing relationships between our nations and engaging in role-play. As it has limited space, it is therefore reserved for nations who actively engage in RP and new nations (who have a fair probability of engaging in RP in the future). Please do not request a map spot unless you plan on being active for a long time.
For new nations in the region, you must do ALL of the following to receive a map spot:
1. Have a realistic nation name, as in something reasonably similar to a real world state (but not actually a real world country name or extremely similar), and use this as your name that you role-play with.
2. Have at least one nation-building factbook (i.e. relating to your nation's government, culture, economy, etc.) AND one forum post (of any kind, on any thread). We use the forums for role-play so it is important that you know how to post on them.
3. Have been active sometime in at least the last three days. For example, if you send me the request on Monday, stop logging in after Tuesday, and I check the request on Saturday, I will not add you, because it appears you are no longer active.
4. Be in the World Assembly on the nation you're applying with.
5. Send me, the Founder, a telegram that answers the following questions:
Standard Application for Map Spot
How did you find the region/why did you choose The Western Isles:
How long have you been active on NationStates:
Is this nation a puppet or side project:
List your other nations, if any:
Do you plan on being active (participating in regional role-play), and what are you interested in:
Are you in the WA:
Have you read the welcome guide "A Welcome and Introduction Dispatch for New Nations":
Have you read, understood, and agree to the map rules located in the regional rules dispatch:
Where exactly do you want to be on the map (describe the location in relation to other nations' locations):
If that spot becomes no longer available, what is your second choice for location:
The map is updated at least once a week, usually on Sundays. My goal is for there to be an average turnaround of less than five days. I will let you know when you have been added, usually by replying to your telegram with "Added." I will most likely not respond to your telegram until such time as I have added you or messaged you back seeking clarification if there's a problem.
In order to stay on the map, you must post on any regional in-character role-play thread at least once a month AND you must also do at least one of the following every ten days or less:
1. Publish or significantly and clearly add to a nation-building factbook entry.
2. Post on any regional role-play thread (including but not limited to the news, tweets, citizens, or League threads).
If you're going to be on an extended vacation or unavoidable absence, telegram the current Secretary of Role-Play and me and I will likely hold your spot for you if you have shown in the past to be an active member.
No puppets. No nation on the map may serve in any capacity in any foreign region's government.
All players must use a single nation name for all of the region's affairs. Creating and using a new nation to RP as a territory or province is heavily discouraged.
See also additional rules for specific instances: page=dispatch/id=426501
1. Treat others how you want to be treated.
2. Be friendly, welcoming, and supportive of everyone, but more so to the new nations of the region.
3. Don't sabotage, harass, or annoy anyone, in the region or elsewhere.
4. Don't engage in one-sided role-playing, for example by invading a nation that does not want to be invaded.
5. Keep your military strength conservatively realistic.
6. Everyone is equal! Elitism isn't welcome here.
7. Alts/puppet accounts cannot vote. If caught voting, you face expulsion from the region.
8. Follow the NationStates rules.
The RMB is used for:
1. Communicating with the region as a whole, for announcements either on personal matters or about your nation.
2. Welcoming new nations.
3. General conversation about news or other non-controversial topics.
4. Advice on national issues.
5. Help on anything concerning NationStates itself.
6. Campaigning, once an election poll has gone up.
7. Advertising a regional news article or paper, only once per 12 hours.
The RMB is NOT used for:
1. One-on-one conversations. These should occur through telegram.
2. Role-playing events. These will occur in threads on the NationStates forums that will be linked to on the regional world factbook entry. This is so they do not get lost in a sea of other messages on the regional message board.
3. Controversial discussion. These should occur in public threads on the forums.
4. Spam, inside jokes, troll language, memes, etc. Each message should be at least a full sentence and be either helpful, informative, or evoke conversation.
5. Non-English conversation. Use English.
6. Incredibly long posts, particularly those copy-pasted from something else.
1. No regional telegrams can be sent out by non-officers, for any reason, including to campaign
2. Officers can only send out regional telegrams if absolutely necessary, such as in order to conduct their duties or conduct elections
3. Residents may, of course, still telegram any other resident privately for any reason, including to campaign
Breaking the Rules
Upon violating the rules, the following events are likely to happen:
1. Suppression of RMB posts
2. Telegram/post asking to stop
3. Kick from the region
4. Ban from the region
These events may occur in a different order depending on the severity of the offense(s). The telegram/post may come from any nation; if someone warns you that you are breaking the rules, that counts as a warning.
I find it weird that someone who almost certainly lost relatives to fascism would advocate for it in a nation that was ravaged by it.
I made the comparison to Balnik because he used to call himself a fascist, though he’s from Canada, a place you wouldn’t expect people to pick up on it. Now he’s just a nationalistic separatist and given he’s from Alberta, this is somewhat expected.
FYI, all map claim requests go straight to Vancouvia, if there’s a matter of population or GDP caps, then contact the Secretary of Roleplay.
Hello! I just formed a new nation a couple of minutes ago, so hi! I'm from the good 'ol USA, (it's not good) and this nation is supposed to be a parody of IRL China.
P.S. Do not ask me to join the World Assembly, I'm not interested in it.
Welcome to TWI! Feel free to make yourself at home and grab a look at the Welcome Dispatch for the 4-1-1 on how things work here.
You must be wondering what you can do here and how, what is expected of you and how to start role-playing... I'll try to answer these questions in this dispatch.
First of all, if you haven't done so already - go ahead and introduce yourself on our regional message board (RMB). You can post things like what country you're from, if you're new to NationStates or to role-playing (RP), what kind of a nation you want to create, and anything else you'd like to share.
About the Region
IC communication (in-character, meaning role-playing) is done on the NationStates forums
OOC communication (out-of-character, from general chatting to world-building) is done on the RMB and the forums
Telegrams are usually OOC
We don't have offsite forums, but there's a "mostly unofficial" Discord chat.
We use the NationStates platform to create fun and interesting stories, about our nations, peoples, and leaders. We usually discuss ideas and plan RPs on the RMB and in OOC forum threads, and then co-write them as RPs, news, accounts, information, and history in dispatches and IC threads.
We have a democratically elected government (you can run for office) in-charge of several aspects of the region:
Facilitating RP and promoting world-building and cooperation in the region
Managing the region in terms of regional rules and standards
Recruiting new players and managing our embassies with other regions
For more information, you can read through the following dispatches when you get a chance:
The Constitution - It details the responsibilities of the various government officers and the Founder, as well as the processes of legislation and elections in the region. Of course, there's no need to remember it all, but it's there if you need it.
The Regional Rules and Conduct - That's just... The rules. You know, don't be a jerk to others, don't spam the RMB, and so on. The map rules are also there, but we'll get to that in a minute.
The Monthly Report dispatch - Contains current and updating information about the region (recent stats of the region, weekly updates, important daily events, etc.).
Of course, most of us can. If you still have questions, you can do either of the following:
Post a question on the RMB; you'll likely get an answer not long after.
Send a personal TG to any of the officers (listed in the WFE) or to an active member
Your address for questions regarding specific RP rules is the Sec. of RP (Roendavar). Feel free to tag him in your RMB post or to TG him.
About Role-Playing in the Region
Our regional map is the basis of our RP, and it is therefore reserved for nations who actively engage in RP or plan to do so.
Here in this region we don't use NationStates stats at all. Population, economic status, main industries, defense budget - All of those things are up to you, the player, to decide! Make factbooks or dispatches describing your nation's culture, history, religion, government, economy, climate, military, science, industries, people, corporations, trade deals, and anything else you can think of.
RP in this region is based on realism and modern-technology, so keep your nation in those limits. There are a few other guidelines we have in place to keep things balanced, for example:
A while ago I attempted to summarize the realism-related guidelines in our RP in a dispatch. It explains the certain limitations on size and population, size of military and economy, WMDs and such. These are not rules, but I encourage you to read them.
To sum up: Be humble, think balance.
Other than that - the limit is your own creativity. Feel free to look around and read other nations' factbooks and dispatches for ideas. See for example:
Take some time to look around, get to know the other players and the region as a whole, and develop your nation. I recommend doing that before getting into RP.
You can get to the region's ongoing RPs and events in either of the following ways:
Through the "Ongoing Events and Perpetual RPs" in the region's World Factbook Entry
As a start, I recommend reading the recent posts in the regional news thread and posting some of your own, before moving on to more complex RPs. This would allow players of the region to get acquainted with your nation and your style.
NS is full of useful guides on RPing and writing. This one, for example, is short and to the point. This has all the NSCodes. This thread explains about RPing warfare. There are many more RP guides and tip dispatches or threads around the site - feel free to explore and learn more about RPing.
For any question on the region (or not), feel free to ask on the RMB or to any of the active members.
Also, just so you know I'm a little bit more capitalist than IRL China, to the point where I have almost no state-owned industry.
Did someone say, D&D!? I LOVE D&D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is D%D?
Dungeons and Dragons. It's also an ampersand, not a percent symbol.
Taiwan isn't democratic-socialist.
You do realize that the Polish Socialist Party under President Moscicki and Marshal Ryder-Smigly was a fascist government that invaded Lithuania and was part of the coalition with Nazi Germany that carved up Czechoslovakia.
I figured, after the first post, that there was some kind of a path for Polish Fascism to be prevalent given the post-war socialist government, and remembering that Poland at the moment has a very strong right wing. I stand by my original statement though, it's still weird. It would sort of be like if I were to join the Klan growing up in a post-Black Panther state.
let us thrive
I updated my factbook again
After the Conglomerated Einnstadian Arms Syndicate announced yet another setback in the development of a promised new fighter jet, the Hell-Eastern Imperial Eagle 3000, the Ministry of Defense is considering the previously unthinkable: importing from overseas.
Isn't it already solved? Haha!
go western isles