by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Western Isles Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .22,16422,16522,16622,16722,16822,16922,170. . .22,17422,175»

Greetings everyone from the The Lantern Islands. Feel free to visit...bring money.

The Lantern Islands wrote:Greetings everyone from the The Lantern Islands. Feel free to visit...bring money.

Begone you fiend, before I get the navy to keelhaul you and your bandit crew.

Athara Magarat wrote:Miklania

Athara Magarat National Army


Logo of the Athara Magarat National Army
(by Samudera)

Overview

Founded

1998

Commander-in-Chief

Jrm Hangma

Minister of Defence

Ilsa Hangma

Chief of Defence

General Milan Gurung

Military Age

16

Active Personnel

40,000 (20,000 army)

Reserve Personnel

100,000

Land Forces Budget

2 billion USD

Air Force Budget

1.5 billion USD

Naval Budget

1.5 billion USD

The Athara Magarat National Army is the military of the Athara Magarati Federation of Hangates. The armed forces of the communist federation People's Republic of Chuli were disbanded in 1996 after the end of the 30th Parallel War and the fall of the United Central Communist Republics (UCCR). The modern-day Athara Magarat National Army was established in 1998 after the renewal of Magarati Arms Limitation Treaty was agreed between the Athara Magarati government led by Fimla Hangma and the Mesder Sea Treaty Organization (MSTO). To this day, concerns about a rearmed Magarat, even though severe restrictions have been imposed on it, remain both in and outside the country.

The Athara Magarat National Army is often described as a high-tech international crisis intervention force since Athara Magarat is forbidden from declaring or going to war. Although Athara Magarat is still forbidden from being a primary belligerent, she can now join the wars of her allies since the 2016 renewal of the Magarati Arms Limitation Treaty. Desperate to prove that their army can be used to for other purposes than just invading other countries, Athara Magarat was one of the first nations to join Noronica in both the Occupation of Arvan and the Allied Invasion of Charbagnia. Currently, the Athara Magarat National Army is involved in major anti-SHOCK operations in coordination with local paramilitary and police forces of the hangates and the Vancouvian Special Forces.

The Athara Magarat National Army is not especially popular with quite a significant number of the Magarati public. While other armed forces around the Isles might be the pride of their countries, the Athara Magarat National Army is rather seen as a necessary evil by most Magaratis and as an unnecessary evil by quite a few vocal minority. The Magarati leaders and hard-line militarist factions, on the other hand, want to increase the size of the army. The hard-line factions spread propaganda news of how the MSTO is preventing Magaratis from defending against border incursions or possible invasions by San Montagna, Razzgriz or virtually anyone else in the Isles. The newer Magarati generation, though firm supporters of the Magarati Arms Limitation Treaty, are mostly of the view that the current Magarati military is barely sufficient to defend a large nation like Athara Magarat. Thanks to the constant refusals by the MSTO to renew the treaty and propaganda spread by hard-line militarist factions, the newer Magarati generation is becoming more and more anti-MSTO. One of the factors leading to Jrm Hangma's election was her promise of increasing the Magarati land forces from 20,000 to double that number.

Despite the rising anti-MSTO trend, most Magarati citizens pretty much disrespect their armed forces. Magarati soldiers (excluding the fallen or traumatized individuals) are often portrayed as stupid and badly equipped by the Magarati media. This is highly in sharp contrast with the "brave" local paramilitary forces or the "smart, disciplined and professional" Gurkha regiments that are part of the United Noronnican Army or the Miklanian Army. In fact, most of the recruits in the Athara Magarat National Army are boys or girls who failed to qualify into the Noronnican Brigade of Gurkhas or the Miklanian Gurkha Regiment.

History


TBD

Current Status


The Athara Magarat National Army consists of about 20,000 active members with roughly 20,000 soldiers in the land-based Dragon Army, and 10,000 personals each in the Eagle Force and the Turtle Fleet.

As a result of the increased threat of terrorism, the Athara Magarat National Army has been committed to Operation Homeland since 2002 to assist the local police forces of the hangates with securing high-profile targets in major cities. After increase in SHOCK-related incidents, this military protection was expanded to include soft targets in the public space.

We are not THOSE Guns of Magarat


The Dragon Army is the ground arm of the Athara Magarat National Army. It is also known as the Guns of Magarat. This causes unfortunate implications as the Imperial Magarati Army was called the "40 Guns of Magarat". The various hangates of the Khas-Kirat Empire always called their armies as guns whether it was just 5,000 men or 20,000 strong.

The Dragon Army currently has 20,000 soldiers and 10,000 civilian staff. It is organised into two military divisions: Northern and Southern. Each division has 10 land-based guns, which are equivalent to a battalion of the armed forces of other countries.

Number

Gun

Type

Division

Notes

01

Chuli Gun

Air Defense and Artillery

Northern Division

02

Four Kham Gun

Engineers

Northern Division

03

Four Thakali Gun

Infantry

Northern Division

04

Majh Kirat Gun

Infantry

Northern Division

05

Mun Gun

Infantry

Northern Division

06

Myagdi Gun

Infantry

Northern Division

07

Nine Gyarong Gun

Mechanized Infantry

Northern Division

08

Pallo Kirat Gun

Mechanized Infantry

Northern Division

09

Tiwe Sivn Gun

Mechanized Infantry

Northern Division

10

Twelve Magar Gun

Support (Signals, Medical, Logistics, etc)

Northern Division

11

Eastern Chyo-bang Gun

Air Defense and Artillery

Southern Division

12

Koch Gun

Engineers

Southern Division

13

Marubhumi Gun

Infantry

Southern Division

141

New Forest Gun

Infantry

Southern Division

15

Newa Gun

Infantry

Southern Division

16

Nine Khas Gun

Infantry

Southern Division

17

Santhal Gun

Mechanized Infantry

Southern Division

18

Sawneeak Gun

Mechanized Infantry

Southern Division

19

Tamang Cavalry

Mechanized Infantry

Southern Division

20

Western Chyo-bang Gun

Support (Signals, Medical, Logistics, etc)

Southern Division

Equipment of the Dragon Army

Weapon

Image

Type

Origin

Notes

LinkKukri

Machete

Athara Magarat

Standard issue sidearm efficient as a multiple utility weapon.

NA-15

Semi-Automatic Pistol

Noronica

Standard issue sidearm.

Night-Miyongma Rifle

Bolt-action rifle

Athara Magarat

Still in service as a training rifle.

CR-15M

Sniper rifle

Domanania

Standard issue sniper rifle.

CR-15

Bullpup assault rifle, carbine, designated marksman rifle, submachine gun

Domanania

Standard issue service rifle.

IR3 Guadaņa

Infantry rifle

Corindia

Standard issue infantry rifle.

GL1 Figurante

Grenade launcher

Corindia

Attached to IR3 Guadaņa infantry rifles.

M20

Assault rifle

Scantarbia

M24

Assault rifle

Scantarbia

SMG1 Canalla

Submachine gun

Corindia

Standard issue submachine gun.

MG3 Leņador

Light machine gun

Corindia

Standard issue light machine gun.

HMG1 Granito

Heavy machine gun

Corindia

Standard issue heavy machine gun.

Gurung-Karki R1 System

Short-range anti-aircraft missile system

Athara Magarat

Standard anti-aircraft missile system in service with the Chuli Gun of Northern Division and the Eastern Chyo-bang Gun of Southern Division.

D'EX-80

Guided anti-tank missile

Domanania

All variants in service.

Gurung-Karki R2 Multi-Role Weapon System

Multi-role (anti-armor, anti-fortification, anti-personnel, illumination) recoilless rifle

Athara Magarat

Standard anti-tank rocket launcher.

Rattlesnake

Anti-tank missile system

Ostehaar

All three variants are in service.

RL-92

Rocket launcher

Domanania

All three variants are in service.

HG8

Fragmentation grenade

Noronica

Standard issue hand grenade.

[url][/url]

[img]???[/img]

Mine

[nation]???[/nation]

???.

Vehicles

Vehicle

Image

Type

Origin

Number

Notes

Chuli Leopard MRAP

Infantry mobility vehicle

Athara Magarat

600

Épée

Kirati Yak

Armored vehicle

Athara Magarat

600

TBD light tank

Light tank

Thuzbekistan

100

NO-CO1 Coyote

Light utility vehicle

Corindia/Noronica

100

NO-TP5 Tiger

Light armored jeep

Noronica

100

OSD-AV1 Wolf

Armored vehicle

Ostehaar

200

OSD-FV1 Raven

Infantry fighting vehicle

Ostehaar

200

OSD-RA2 Hound

Multiple launch rocket system

Ostehaar

50

We are not THAT Eagle Force


The Eagle Force is the air arm of the Athara Magarat National Army. The Imperial Magarati Air Force was also called Eagle Force; so was the air force of the People's Republic of Chuli. This current Eagle Force takes its name from the air force of the communist federation that existed after the Imperial War; not the air force of the empire that fought in the Imperial War. The modern-day Eagle Force is composed of an estimated 10,000 personals and 250 military aircraft. The Eagle Force also has two "elite air-borne guns" designated as "Talons" - the Yakthung Thibon and the Wallo Kirat Gun. Lieutenant-General Toran Poon is the current air marshal of the Eagle Force.

Current Aircraft

Aircraft

Image

Type

Origin

Number

Notes

C-5/10 Albrantoch

Heavy-lift military transport

Noronica

10

C-6/12 Peliachn

Medium-range STOL military transport

Noronica

10

B-82 Baolain

Tactical strike bomber

Noronica

5

C137 Dakota II

Medium transport

Miklania

10

EF 58 Killa

Counter-insurgency aircraft

Athara Magarat

20

F-123 Falcon

Multirole stealth fighter

Athara Magarat, Corindia, Noronica, Ostehaar

20

F-24 Monach

Light Attack Fighter / Trainer

Noronica

40

Gaelfighter

Light fighter

Ainslie, Alteran Republics, Aruia, Dormill and Stiura, Michigonia, Negarakita, Noronica, Ostehaar, Roendavar, Samudera

5

H177 Valkyrie

Attack helicopter

Noronica

20

Rottweiler

Medium utility military helicopter

Athara Magarat, Domanania, Keomora, Noronica, Wellsia

40

T4 Blue Jay

Trainer aircraft

Corindia

20

Yak-Killer H-2

Attack helicopter

Athara Magarat

30

We are not THAT Turtle Fleet


The Turtle Fleet is the naval arm of the Athara Magarat National Army. One of the fleets of the Imperial Magarati Navy was called the Black Turtle Fleet. The navies of various hangates that were part of the Khas-Kirat Empire had names with the words "turtle", "serpent" or "dragon" added. For example, "Black Turtle Fleet", "Green Turtle Fleet", "White Turtle Fleet", "Blue Serpent Fleet", "Blue Dragon Fleet", etc. The modern-day Magarati navy derives its name from this tradition; not the Imperial Magarati Navy.

The Turtle Fleet currently has roughly 10,000 personals and 17 vessels; excluding 300 "Beast of Burden" amphibious landing craft. Admiral Sachita Karki is the current commander of the Turtle Fleet. Its current vessels, excluding the landing crafts, are:

Ship Name

Hull Number

Image

Origin

Class

Type

Commission Date

Homeport

Note

White Tigress

DDG1

Athara Magarat, Domanania, Keomora, Noronica, Wellsia

Snow Lion

Guided missile destroyer

21 January, 2018

Tiwe Sivn

The lead ship of the Athara Magarat National Army.

Su Hangma

LSD1

Athara Magarat

Great Hang

Dock landing ship

27 January, 1995

Myagdi Island

The largest and the oldest ship in service with the Athara Magarat National Army.

Dragon Princess

F701

Noronica

Ādnachd

Multirole frigate

December 9, 2017

Myagdi Island

Promise of Humanity

F702

Noronica

Ādnachd

Multirole frigate

December 9, 2017

Myagdi Island

Lost Children of War

F703

Noronica

Ādnachd

Multirole frigate

December 9, 2017

Myagdi Island

Arresting of God

F704

Noronica

Ādnachd

Multirole frigate

December 9, 2017

Myagdi Island

Inheritance of Loss

F705

Noronica

Ādnachd

Multirole frigate

December 9, 2017

Myagdi Island

Palpa

80

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2000

Myagdi Island

Blue Karnali

81

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2010

Myagdi Island

Seto Dharti

82

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2010

Myagdi Island

Life of Flowers

83

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2010

Myagdi Island

Life of Thorns

84

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2010

Myagdi Island

Eyes of Flowers

85

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2015

Tiwe Sivn

Summer Love

86

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2015

Tiwe Sivn

Blue Mimosa

87

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2015

Tiwe Sivn

Paniko Gham

88

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2015

Tiwe Sivn

Journey of Souls

89

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2015

Tiwe Sivn

NOTE

Squad Idea - Thanks to Miklania and Wellsia for help

Dragon Team

Corporal - squad leader with assault rifle
Sniper - marksman with sniper rifle
Medic - with the combat medic first aid stuff and assault rifle
Rocket - with light light AT weapon and sub machine gun
Rocket - with light light AT weapon and sub machine gun

Tiger Team

Lance Corporal - with an assault rifle
Machine Gunner - with light machine gun
Rifleman - with an assault rifle with grenade launcher
Rifleman - with assault rifle
Rifleman - with assault rifle

Read factbook

Say, I can still have the hangates having their own paramilitary forces right?

Oh he'll yes Hadzanye is having this

Miklania wrote:Whether or not services get status as an independent, co-equal branch is entirely a matter of politics. Many countries whose governments came to power through a revolution (9/10 commies) or a military coups tend to have their services split into multiple branches with competing turf, to prevent one from being too powerful. Not being overthrown is a big concern for people who came to be where they are by overthrowing somebody. For examples, look at Russia and their menagerie of security branches, many of which used to be centralized under one roof, located at 2 Dzerzhinsky Square, Moscow Centre. Around here you can look to Thuzbekistan, whose Army is mistrusted by the civilian government for a variety of reasons. To counterbalance them he has a large and powerful Navy and Marine Corps, and an Air Force split into two different parts: one with small fighters and ground attack planes to closely support the Army and the other with fighter-interceptors and boatloads of SAMs to manage the air defense of the country. Guess who would win if the less politically reliable members of the Army decided to be 'anti-social'.

In countries with less cutthroat politics, the general rule that it's all political still holds true. For instance, look at the creation of the US Air Force, and the hullabaloo this caused in Washington. Competition for precious budget dollars is usually what they fight over. In the USAF case, the Army relinquishing its control over the land based air forces resulted in the Navy having a conniption: the infamous "Revolt of the Admirals". Essentially the new Air Force, no longer under the watchful eye of the Army, was free to pursue its mission of winning every war from the air. That meant they needed lots and lots of bombers. Lots and lots of bombers costs a lot of money. The only place to get more money since they'd already taken a goodly portion of the Army's budget with them was in the Navy's budget. They suggested totally scrapping carriers, almost all naval aviation, handing what was left of it over to the Air Force to manage, and relegating the fleet to convoy protection to support the occupation forces that waltz in after the heroic flyboys nuked the enemy into submission. No exaggeration. That was the plan. The Navy was not amused. Political shenanigans ensued, admirals went to the press, bureaucratically sabotaged things, and threatened to resign publicly. Fortunately for the country, they won, and military strategy for the rest of the 20th century was not "bomb them to ashes then send in some soldiers to mop up". A slightly better attempt to prevent this sort of thing from happening after the Imperial War is why the Miklanian Air Force is still part of the Army. And even then, come budget season it tends to be the Army and Navy fighting side by side to stop the air power lobby from carrying away all the pie. Which would obviously lead, in short order, to the end of civilization.

I'm happy I get to be used as a good example of an irl situation

I just thought about a good news post to kick off a new plot.

Athara Magarat wrote:Miklania

Athara Magarat National Army


Logo of the Athara Magarat National Army
(by Samudera)

Overview

Founded

1998

Commander-in-Chief

Jrm Hangma

Minister of Defence

Ilsa Hangma

Chief of Defence

General Milan Gurung

Military Age

16

Active Personnel

40,000 (20,000 army)

Reserve Personnel

100,000

Land Forces Budget

2 billion USD

Air Force Budget

1.5 billion USD

Naval Budget

1.5 billion USD

The Athara Magarat National Army is the military of the Athara Magarati Federation of Hangates. The armed forces of the communist federation People's Republic of Chuli were disbanded in 1996 after the end of the 30th Parallel War and the fall of the United Central Communist Republics (UCCR). The modern-day Athara Magarat National Army was established in 1998 after the renewal of Magarati Arms Limitation Treaty was agreed between the Athara Magarati government led by Fimla Hangma and the Mesder Sea Treaty Organization (MSTO). To this day, concerns about a rearmed Magarat, even though severe restrictions have been imposed on it, remain both in and outside the country.

The Athara Magarat National Army is often described as a high-tech international crisis intervention force since Athara Magarat is forbidden from declaring or going to war. Although Athara Magarat is still forbidden from being a primary belligerent, she can now join the wars of her allies since the 2016 renewal of the Magarati Arms Limitation Treaty. Desperate to prove that their army can be used to for other purposes than just invading other countries, Athara Magarat was one of the first nations to join Noronica in both the Occupation of Arvan and the Allied Invasion of Charbagnia. Currently, the Athara Magarat National Army is involved in major anti-SHOCK operations in coordination with local paramilitary and police forces of the hangates and the Vancouvian Special Forces.

The Athara Magarat National Army is not especially popular with quite a significant number of the Magarati public. While other armed forces around the Isles might be the pride of their countries, the Athara Magarat National Army is rather seen as a necessary evil by most Magaratis and as an unnecessary evil by quite a few vocal minority. The Magarati leaders and hard-line militarist factions, on the other hand, want to increase the size of the army. The hard-line factions spread propaganda news of how the MSTO is preventing Magaratis from defending against border incursions or possible invasions by San Montagna, Razzgriz or virtually anyone else in the Isles. The newer Magarati generation, though firm supporters of the Magarati Arms Limitation Treaty, are mostly of the view that the current Magarati military is barely sufficient to defend a large nation like Athara Magarat. Thanks to the constant refusals by the MSTO to renew the treaty and propaganda spread by hard-line militarist factions, the newer Magarati generation is becoming more and more anti-MSTO. One of the factors leading to Jrm Hangma's election was her promise of increasing the Magarati land forces from 20,000 to double that number.

Despite the rising anti-MSTO trend, most Magarati citizens pretty much disrespect their armed forces. Magarati soldiers (excluding the fallen or traumatized individuals) are often portrayed as stupid and badly equipped by the Magarati media. This is highly in sharp contrast with the "brave" local paramilitary forces or the "smart, disciplined and professional" Gurkha regiments that are part of the United Noronnican Army or the Miklanian Army. In fact, most of the recruits in the Athara Magarat National Army are boys or girls who failed to qualify into the Noronnican Brigade of Gurkhas or the Miklanian Gurkha Regiment.

History


TBD

Current Status


The Athara Magarat National Army consists of about 20,000 active members with roughly 20,000 soldiers in the land-based Dragon Army, and 10,000 personals each in the Eagle Force and the Turtle Fleet.

As a result of the increased threat of terrorism, the Athara Magarat National Army has been committed to Operation Homeland since 2002 to assist the local police forces of the hangates with securing high-profile targets in major cities. After increase in SHOCK-related incidents, this military protection was expanded to include soft targets in the public space.

We are not THOSE Guns of Magarat


The Dragon Army is the ground arm of the Athara Magarat National Army. It is also known as the Guns of Magarat. This causes unfortunate implications as the Imperial Magarati Army was called the "40 Guns of Magarat". The various hangates of the Khas-Kirat Empire always called their armies as guns whether it was just 5,000 men or 20,000 strong.

The Dragon Army currently has 20,000 soldiers and 10,000 civilian staff. It is organised into two military divisions: Northern and Southern. Each division has 10 land-based guns, which are equivalent to a battalion of the armed forces of other countries.

Number

Gun

Type

Division

Notes

01

Chuli Gun

Air Defense and Artillery

Northern Division

02

Four Kham Gun

Engineers

Northern Division

03

Four Thakali Gun

Infantry

Northern Division

04

Majh Kirat Gun

Infantry

Northern Division

05

Mun Gun

Infantry

Northern Division

06

Myagdi Gun

Infantry

Northern Division

07

Nine Gyarong Gun

Mechanized Infantry

Northern Division

08

Pallo Kirat Gun

Mechanized Infantry

Northern Division

09

Tiwe Sivn Gun

Mechanized Infantry

Northern Division

10

Twelve Magar Gun

Support (Signals, Medical, Logistics, etc)

Northern Division

11

Eastern Chyo-bang Gun

Air Defense and Artillery

Southern Division

12

Koch Gun

Engineers

Southern Division

13

Marubhumi Gun

Infantry

Southern Division

141

New Forest Gun

Infantry

Southern Division

15

Newa Gun

Infantry

Southern Division

16

Nine Khas Gun

Infantry

Southern Division

17

Santhal Gun

Mechanized Infantry

Southern Division

18

Sawneeak Gun

Mechanized Infantry

Southern Division

19

Tamang Cavalry

Mechanized Infantry

Southern Division

20

Western Chyo-bang Gun

Support (Signals, Medical, Logistics, etc)

Southern Division

Equipment of the Dragon Army

Weapon

Image

Type

Origin

Notes

LinkKukri

Machete

Athara Magarat

Standard issue sidearm efficient as a multiple utility weapon.

NA-15

Semi-Automatic Pistol

Noronica

Standard issue sidearm.

Night-Miyongma Rifle

Bolt-action rifle

Athara Magarat

Still in service as a training rifle.

CR-15M

Sniper rifle

Domanania

Standard issue sniper rifle.

CR-15

Bullpup assault rifle, carbine, designated marksman rifle, submachine gun

Domanania

Standard issue service rifle.

IR3 Guadaņa

Infantry rifle

Corindia

Standard issue infantry rifle.

GL1 Figurante

Grenade launcher

Corindia

Attached to IR3 Guadaņa infantry rifles.

M20

Assault rifle

Scantarbia

M24

Assault rifle

Scantarbia

SMG1 Canalla

Submachine gun

Corindia

Standard issue submachine gun.

MG3 Leņador

Light machine gun

Corindia

Standard issue light machine gun.

HMG1 Granito

Heavy machine gun

Corindia

Standard issue heavy machine gun.

Gurung-Karki R1 System

Short-range anti-aircraft missile system

Athara Magarat

Standard anti-aircraft missile system in service with the Chuli Gun of Northern Division and the Eastern Chyo-bang Gun of Southern Division.

D'EX-80

Guided anti-tank missile

Domanania

All variants in service.

Gurung-Karki R2 Multi-Role Weapon System

Multi-role (anti-armor, anti-fortification, anti-personnel, illumination) recoilless rifle

Athara Magarat

Standard anti-tank rocket launcher.

Rattlesnake

Anti-tank missile system

Ostehaar

All three variants are in service.

RL-92

Rocket launcher

Domanania

All three variants are in service.

HG8

Fragmentation grenade

Noronica

Standard issue hand grenade.

[url][/url]

[img]???[/img]

Mine

[nation]???[/nation]

???.

Vehicles

Vehicle

Image

Type

Origin

Number

Notes

Chuli Leopard MRAP

Infantry mobility vehicle

Athara Magarat

600

Épée

Kirati Yak

Armored vehicle

Athara Magarat

600

TBD light tank

Light tank

Thuzbekistan

100

NO-CO1 Coyote

Light utility vehicle

Corindia/Noronica

100

NO-TP5 Tiger

Light armored jeep

Noronica

100

OSD-AV1 Wolf

Armored vehicle

Ostehaar

200

OSD-FV1 Raven

Infantry fighting vehicle

Ostehaar

200

OSD-RA2 Hound

Multiple launch rocket system

Ostehaar

50

We are not THAT Eagle Force


The Eagle Force is the air arm of the Athara Magarat National Army. The Imperial Magarati Air Force was also called Eagle Force; so was the air force of the People's Republic of Chuli. This current Eagle Force takes its name from the air force of the communist federation that existed after the Imperial War; not the air force of the empire that fought in the Imperial War. The modern-day Eagle Force is composed of an estimated 10,000 personals and 250 military aircraft. The Eagle Force also has two "elite air-borne guns" designated as "Talons" - the Yakthung Thibon and the Wallo Kirat Gun. Lieutenant-General Toran Poon is the current air marshal of the Eagle Force.

Current Aircraft

Aircraft

Image

Type

Origin

Number

Notes

C-5/10 Albrantoch

Heavy-lift military transport

Noronica

10

C-6/12 Peliachn

Medium-range STOL military transport

Noronica

10

B-82 Baolain

Tactical strike bomber

Noronica

5

C137 Dakota II

Medium transport

Miklania

10

EF 58 Killa

Counter-insurgency aircraft

Athara Magarat

20

F-123 Falcon

Multirole stealth fighter

Athara Magarat, Corindia, Noronica, Ostehaar

20

F-24 Monach

Light Attack Fighter / Trainer

Noronica

40

Gaelfighter

Light fighter

Ainslie, Alteran Republics, Aruia, Dormill and Stiura, Michigonia, Negarakita, Noronica, Ostehaar, Roendavar, Samudera

5

H177 Valkyrie

Attack helicopter

Noronica

20

Rottweiler

Medium utility military helicopter

Athara Magarat, Domanania, Keomora, Noronica, Wellsia

40

T4 Blue Jay

Trainer aircraft

Corindia

20

Yak-Killer H-2

Attack helicopter

Athara Magarat

30

We are not THAT Turtle Fleet


The Turtle Fleet is the naval arm of the Athara Magarat National Army. One of the fleets of the Imperial Magarati Navy was called the Black Turtle Fleet. The navies of various hangates that were part of the Khas-Kirat Empire had names with the words "turtle", "serpent" or "dragon" added. For example, "Black Turtle Fleet", "Green Turtle Fleet", "White Turtle Fleet", "Blue Serpent Fleet", "Blue Dragon Fleet", etc. The modern-day Magarati navy derives its name from this tradition; not the Imperial Magarati Navy.

The Turtle Fleet currently has roughly 10,000 personals and 17 vessels; excluding 300 "Beast of Burden" amphibious landing craft. Admiral Sachita Karki is the current commander of the Turtle Fleet. Its current vessels, excluding the landing crafts, are:

Ship Name

Hull Number

Image

Origin

Class

Type

Commission Date

Homeport

Note

White Tigress

DDG1

Athara Magarat, Domanania, Keomora, Noronica, Wellsia

Snow Lion

Guided missile destroyer

21 January, 2018

Tiwe Sivn

The lead ship of the Athara Magarat National Army.

Su Hangma

LSD1

Athara Magarat

Great Hang

Dock landing ship

27 January, 1995

Myagdi Island

The largest and the oldest ship in service with the Athara Magarat National Army.

Dragon Princess

F701

Noronica

Ādnachd

Multirole frigate

December 9, 2017

Myagdi Island

Promise of Humanity

F702

Noronica

Ādnachd

Multirole frigate

December 9, 2017

Myagdi Island

Lost Children of War

F703

Noronica

Ādnachd

Multirole frigate

December 9, 2017

Myagdi Island

Arresting of God

F704

Noronica

Ādnachd

Multirole frigate

December 9, 2017

Myagdi Island

Inheritance of Loss

F705

Noronica

Ādnachd

Multirole frigate

December 9, 2017

Myagdi Island

Palpa

80

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2000

Myagdi Island

Blue Karnali

81

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2010

Myagdi Island

Seto Dharti

82

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2010

Myagdi Island

Life of Flowers

83

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2010

Myagdi Island

Life of Thorns

84

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2010

Myagdi Island

Eyes of Flowers

85

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2015

Tiwe Sivn

Summer Love

86

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2015

Tiwe Sivn

Blue Mimosa

87

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2015

Tiwe Sivn

Paniko Gham

88

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2015

Tiwe Sivn

Journey of Souls

89

Athara Magarat

Naga

Fast attack craft

2015

Tiwe Sivn

NOTE

Squad Idea - Thanks to Miklania and Wellsia for help

Dragon Team

Corporal - squad leader with assault rifle
Sniper - marksman with sniper rifle
Medic - with the combat medic first aid stuff and assault rifle
Rocket - with light light AT weapon and sub machine gun
Rocket - with light light AT weapon and sub machine gun

Tiger Team

Lance Corporal - with an assault rifle
Machine Gunner - with light machine gun
Rifleman - with an assault rifle with grenade launcher
Rifleman - with assault rifle
Rifleman - with assault rifle

Read factbook

Say, I can still have the hangates having their own paramilitary forces right?

Why not?

Thuzbekistan wrote:I'm happy I get to be used as a good example of an irl situation

I just thought about a good news post to kick off a new plot.

Glad I got the situation correct.

Do tell about this new plot idea.

f

Miklania wrote:Glad I got the situation correct.

Do tell about this new plot idea.

An "unauthorized" meeting of generals getting busted by the TIS with ties to the conservative parties being found resulting in emergency orders for the national police and army to be put into stand down positions and allowing the marines to take over policing both on bases and on the streets while the army general staff and the opposition parties are investigated. Based on communications discovered during that investigation, elections are suspended and party heads arrested, leading to a very large political and civil crisis. Great rp material imo

Thuzbekistan wrote:An "unauthorized" meeting of generals getting busted by the TIS with ties to the conservative parties being found resulting in emergency orders for the national police and army to be put into stand down positions and allowing the marines to take over policing both on bases and on the streets while the army general staff and the opposition parties are investigated. Based on communications discovered during that investigation, elections are suspended and party heads arrested, leading to a very large political and civil crisis. Great rp material imo

Conservatives not being the establishment powers, I presume?

Alteran Republics wrote:Slight modification of the Sentinel (as the actual turret of cramped A.F. - not as bad as the Firefly mind you ...)

I have the graphics for the Vampish and Valour - will upload them to the dispatch tonight I reckon and try get the other two drawn over the weekend.

I may change one of the variants to that of the Sentinel III Thunderbolt - which had a modified 25 pounder gun that could fire AP and HE shells. Talk about OP ...

Miklania wrote:Conservatives not being the establishment powers, I presume?

Very much the case

Thuzbekistan wrote:Very much the case

A primer on your internal politics would be a fascinating read.

Miklania wrote:A primer on your internal politics would be a fascinating read.

I'll link those when I get home

I wonder if Alabama had recovered from Hurricane Dorian yet. It must have been horrible. Horrible. I don't know if I've ever heard of a category 5 hurricane hitting land-- I know they exist.

My thoughts and prayers for the devastated communities in Alabama

Shidei wrote:I wonder if Alabama had recovered from Hurricane Dorian yet. It must have been horrible. Horrible. I don't know if I've ever heard of a category 5 hurricane hitting land-- I know they exist.

My thoughts and prayers for the devastated communities in Alabama

Ever heard of Katrina and Rita.

The New Adventures of Alabama, the Alabaster Llama.

Shidei wrote:I wonder if Alabama had recovered from Hurricane Dorian yet. It must have been horrible. Horrible. I don't know if I've ever heard of a category 5 hurricane hitting land-- I know they exist.

My thoughts and prayers for the devastated communities in Alabama

Pfft category five hurricanes are just made up by scientists trying to say climate change is a real thing /s

Aizcona wrote:Pfft category five hurricanes are just made up by scientists trying to say climate change is a real thing /s

Like the 5th dimension was made up to suggest there is such a thing as the universe.

Wellsia wrote:Ever heard of Katrina and Rita.

I don't know if you missed the joke or I'm being double woooshed

Shidei wrote:I don't know if you missed the joke or I'm being double woooshed

Understand you making fun of President Trump’s fubar, but having lived through Katrina and Rita, class 5 hurricanes are nothing to joke about.

Has anyone else had Jury duty before? I got selected.

Balnik wrote:Has anyone else had Jury duty before? I got selected.

We don't have that here; have fun!

Nhoor wrote:We don't have that here; have fun!

How do you do trials without a jury?

Miklania wrote:How do you do trials without a jury?

How do you do it with a jury? The judge or judges are supposed to be the experts; I always wondered why ever you would want to actively involve people who haven't studied the law. You don't let random people give advice to e.g. surgeons during an open heart surgery either.

Thuzbekistan, if you go through with this, I think we agreed a long time ago that I'd have like an airborne brigade or something based in your country, maybe there could be something tension-wise happening with them too?

«12. . .22,16422,16522,16622,16722,16822,16922,170. . .22,17422,175»

Advertisement