by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The West Pacific Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .10,25910,26010,26110,26210,26310,26410,265. . .10,36310,364»

griefing rules were stupid, like BBD I never did the R/D games, but I have to say I ended up hating the ADN and their BS holier than thou routine.

frankly I'm sure that's why you got kicked out of TWP way back when Westie. Discovered later that you weren't one of 'them'.

:)

Raids and defenses could be reversed on a Mod decision on those vague rules. Each side rules lawyering to get the other side's actions reversed. Mods could kick all 'non-natives' out if they decide greifing rules have been broken. Remove UN leads from the UN so you lose the delegacy. Restore previous delegates. So both raids and liberations got caught in the web of rules and individual interpretations. It was annoying for our volunteer Mods, most of which are said to have wanted gameplay ended entirely.

Influence was bad for gameplay, a sledgehammer taken to the problem and rapidly accelerating the already descending activity. But it saved mod sanity, ended the vague rules, eliminated rules lawyering, and gave native communities tools to protect themselves without Mod intervention. Some of us adjusted and held the NS fort to maintain and shepard it until new generations would become active. Those are The Crimson Warriors *wink*, spread across NS to promote community and activity, who have since stepped back. Here we are years later and the game no longer needs us as the generations we anticipated would come have taken their turn.

But we still have stories to tell.

Wickedly evil people wrote:griefing rules were stupid, like BBD I never did the R/D games, but I have to say I ended up hating the ADN and their BS holier than thou routine.

frankly I'm sure that's why you got kicked out of TWP way back when Westie. Discovered later that you weren't one of 'them'.

:)

*chuckles* Yeah, that's true. I had NPO unsure about me as far back as '04, because I didn't behave like one of 'them'. Mammothstan was very cautious with me while keeping contact. I was just loyal to my region and it's mission. And Pope Hope was anxious to make use of my talents. Equility left in '05 and I thus inherited a defender region when I wanted to leave, and it was a struggle to change the policies he established. I was often frustrated. So The Schism allowed me to finally change directions without pulling an Ivan or Moo.

There was once a conference between ADN and Gatesville, three representatives from both sides. I was one of the ADN reps. The two were in conflict over Gatesville support of, and ADN's opposition to, the NPO. I could see no real reason for conflict and pursued better relations. Gates and I got along fine, and we both presented the question - why do we oppose each other when we both support and defend regional sovereignty? The ADN powers didn't like that and the conference died on the vine. Gates came to visit Equilism afterwards, and years later joined The Crimson Order.

Yep, Westwind just got captured among 'them' without knowing the game yet. And being Westwind, I had to design my own way out.

The main problem are the invisible regional forum raids as I saw it very often. This remains unvisible under the radar and is done in one hour.

Then you have to start again with another regional forum. Which cost a lot of time that is actually wasted for zero dollar and you don't get smarter or richer by creating CSS /HTML websites.

We have a private off-site forum.
Very well protected.

Drunken aga wrote:Which cost a lot of time that is actually wasted for zero dollar and you don't get smarter or richer by creating CSS /HTML websites.

This is why TAO created, and TWP promoted around NS, the COPS Treaty....

Preamble:

We, the undersigned, disgusted with the inexcusable practice of forum crashing and its attendant evils, wish to use this treaty as a means to work for the eradication of the practice.

Definitions:

Crashing: any action which could cause a forum to go out of service or lose information, including: the deletion of posts, the deletion of the forum, spamming, or any other act of this kind.

Legal: In accordance with the rules of Nationstates as set out on the site.

Off-site property: Any forums, websites or Wiki pages owned or maintained by a Nationstates nation, organization or region.

Signatories: The regions and nations who sign and the organizations on whose behalf they sign the treaty.

Spamming: Any action undertaken by non-region nationals to waste space on forums or to cause forums to crash. This includes any attempts to force a DOS error on forums and any attempts to flood the RMB of a region which is not your normal abode.

Phishing: Any attempts to gain forum controls or passwords by deception, especially by posing as administrators or moderators.

I

We, the undersigned, do agree to adhere to all the regulations set out below and do hereby accept the right of all nations, regions and alliances to create and maintain off-site property without hindrance, annoyance or any behaviour which could prevent the free exercise of this right. We commit to specifically refrain from all forms of forums crashing, spamming and phishing and condemn these acts as illegal and destructive. We also agree that no such act shall be ordered, condoned or accepted as legal by us or those nations and regions whom we represent and influence.

II

We agree that proper geopolitical requirements and cooperation are a key to preventing those who engage in acts proscribed in this treaty from continuing to do so. Signatories to this treaty agree to multilateral cooperation and further agree to enact laws against acts proscribed in this Treaty on a regional or organisational basis as one of the requirements for full membership. To fulfill the second requirement of membership we further agree that nations and entities that engage in these acts will gain no safe haven in member regions and organizations. To that effect we assert the right of all members to bring charges and try those that engage in these acts within their court system.

III

In order to be a member of this Treaty, a prospective member region or organization must meet the above requirements of Section II, ratify it within their region or organization and send a legal signatory to post their acceptance of the Treaty terms within the ACCEL and TWP areas where the original Treaty will be held in trust for all member regions and organizations. This treaty shall be binding and shall remain in effect from the time a signatory is added to the list, to the time they post a request to leave the Treaty. While the decision of a signatory to leave this treaty shall be unfortunate, it shall not be construed as support for, or intention to commit any of the acts condemned in this treaty. This treaty shall be considered supplementary to and not a replacement for any treaty in force between any and all of the signatories.

IV

Given the scope and purpose of this treaty, signing the treaty does not necessarily mean that signatories are in political or diplomatic agreement on any other matter bar the matters attended to in the text of this treaty. It is the hope of the signatories that, given that forum crashing may affect regions of all sizes and political views, this treaty shall be signed by as many regions and organizations as possible. Any and all signatories are hereby granted the right and encouraged to invite others to sign this treaty.

Read factbook

We banded together with other regions and forum administrators and owners to enforce a standard against offsite property destruction. TWP still recognizes the COPS treaty today, as do many other regions. Our TWP administrators still enforce bans against players that violate these standards.

Meicania

Drunken aga wrote:The main problem are the invisible regional forum raids as I saw it very often. This remains unvisible under the radar and is done in one hour.

Then you have to start again with another regional forum. Which cost a lot of time that is actually wasted for zero dollar and you don't get smarter or richer by creating CSS /HTML websites.

Westwind wrote:This is why TAO created, and TWP promoted around NS, the COPS Treaty....

Preamble:

We, the undersigned, disgusted with the inexcusable practice of forum crashing and its attendant evils, wish to use this treaty as a means to work for the eradication of the practice.

Definitions:

Crashing: any action which could cause a forum to go out of service or lose information, including: the deletion of posts, the deletion of the forum, spamming, or any other act of this kind.

Legal: In accordance with the rules of Nationstates as set out on the site.

Off-site property: Any forums, websites or Wiki pages owned or maintained by a Nationstates nation, organization or region.

Signatories: The regions and nations who sign and the organizations on whose behalf they sign the treaty.

Spamming: Any action undertaken by non-region nationals to waste space on forums or to cause forums to crash. This includes any attempts to force a DOS error on forums and any attempts to flood the RMB of a region which is not your normal abode.

Phishing: Any attempts to gain forum controls or passwords by deception, especially by posing as administrators or moderators.

I

We, the undersigned, do agree to adhere to all the regulations set out below and do hereby accept the right of all nations, regions and alliances to create and maintain off-site property without hindrance, annoyance or any behaviour which could prevent the free exercise of this right. We commit to specifically refrain from all forms of forums crashing, spamming and phishing and condemn these acts as illegal and destructive. We also agree that no such act shall be ordered, condoned or accepted as legal by us or those nations and regions whom we represent and influence.

II

We agree that proper geopolitical requirements and cooperation are a key to preventing those who engage in acts proscribed in this treaty from continuing to do so. Signatories to this treaty agree to multilateral cooperation and further agree to enact laws against acts proscribed in this Treaty on a regional or organisational basis as one of the requirements for full membership. To fulfill the second requirement of membership we further agree that nations and entities that engage in these acts will gain no safe haven in member regions and organizations. To that effect we assert the right of all members to bring charges and try those that engage in these acts within their court system.

III

In order to be a member of this Treaty, a prospective member region or organization must meet the above requirements of Section II, ratify it within their region or organization and send a legal signatory to post their acceptance of the Treaty terms within the ACCEL and TWP areas where the original Treaty will be held in trust for all member regions and organizations. This treaty shall be binding and shall remain in effect from the time a signatory is added to the list, to the time they post a request to leave the Treaty. While the decision of a signatory to leave this treaty shall be unfortunate, it shall not be construed as support for, or intention to commit any of the acts condemned in this treaty. This treaty shall be considered supplementary to and not a replacement for any treaty in force between any and all of the signatories.

IV

Given the scope and purpose of this treaty, signing the treaty does not necessarily mean that signatories are in political or diplomatic agreement on any other matter bar the matters attended to in the text of this treaty. It is the hope of the signatories that, given that forum crashing may affect regions of all sizes and political views, this treaty shall be signed by as many regions and organizations as possible. Any and all signatories are hereby granted the right and encouraged to invite others to sign this treaty.

Read factbook

We banded together with other regions and forum administrators and owners to enforce a standard against offsite property destruction. TWP still recognizes the COPS treaty today, as do many other regions. Our TWP administrators still enforce bans against players that violate these standards.

In addition, I'm involved in the Watchlist, a Discord-based database that collects and distributes information on players who pose OOC risks to forums, Discords, and communities in general—including forum destruction.

Pachar wrote:Hello everyone! I just joined today.

Welcome to The West (Best) Pacific!

Anonymous australia

Pachar wrote:Hello everyone! I just joined today.

G'Day so did I. But welcome just the same.

Pachar wrote:Hello everyone! I just joined today.

Anonymous australia wrote:G'Day so did I. But welcome just the same.

Hi! Welcome to The Best (West) Pacific! You can read our guide for new players to learn about this wonderful region!

When you see your country do3crime per hour

Could we please enlighten us with straight forward resolutions, our great nation of Eccon drops this comment, Help with straight forward comments, thanks

Eccon wrote:Could we please enlighten us with straight forward resolutions, our great nation of Eccon drops this comment, Help with straight forward comments, thanks

Well I’d help, but your post doesn’t make much sense.

TODAY IN THE WEST

You learn something new every day.

I was dissatisfied with the options for today, so I did more digging and learned that today is Crab Racing Day.

Yes, it is real (but I've yet to find a live official website). Here's an example of crab racing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu6Ign-ueto

Question of the Now: head over to our special West Pacific Crab Sanctuary and determine which crab would win a racing championship. Who would you pick and why? Have some fun with it.

The two main options for today are Ash Wednesday and Random Acts of Kindness Day. It's not actually possible to intend to do a random act of kindness, but if you don't like crabs, here are three ways to not-so-randomly be kind:
1. Give your chocolate to Darkesia as it belongs to her
2. Follow our region's RMB Etiquette and Code of Conduct
3. Don't be a jerk.

It's D-4 before the 1st World Cup of Football!

While signups are still ongoing, today is the last day of placing bids for hosting the World Cup of Football! Only three nations so far have placed their bids! We will be waiting until today at 8 PM ET before officially closing the placing of bids in hosting the World Cup!

Got questions for the 1st World Cup of Football? Ask me on the Discord role play server or in the forums!

The tournament starts on 2/21/2021!

Not a citizen yet? Apply now in our forums at www.westpacific.org/forums!

Hello all, new here, but im having fun!

Annapolita wrote:Hello all, new here, but im having fun!

Hi! Welcome to The Best (West) Pacific! You can read our guide for new players to learn about this wonderful region!

(UA, I just recycled your post.)

No problem, BBD! :D

United Adaikes wrote:No problem, BBD! :D

Cuts down the chances of being ninja’d by Gio! 😀

*leaves chocolate at the altar of Darkesia*

*coffee*

Fifth russian republic

hello

*takes out a box of absolutly decadent dark chocolate truffles with creamy chocolate centers the size of golf balls*

These were for my Valentine. However, Darkesia, I remembered that I am a succubus and devoured him the week before. :(

You can have them...

«12. . .10,25910,26010,26110,26210,26310,26410,265. . .10,36310,364»

Advertisement