by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Universal Order of Nations RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Sovereign Covenant of Teutionia (elected )

Founder: The Sovereign Covenant of Teutionia

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

Largest Information Technology Sector: 150th Most Scientifically Advanced: 159th Largest Black Market: 175th+40
Most Advanced Defense Forces: 188th Highest Average Incomes: 218th Largest Manufacturing Sector: 219th Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector: 229th Highest Poor Incomes: 303rd Most Subsidized Industry: 359th Rudest Citizens: 374th Most Nations: 383rd Smartest Citizens: 384th Largest Mining Sector: 426th Most Avoided: 430th Most Corrupt Governments: 435th Highest Wealthy Incomes: 458th Largest Governments: 463rd Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry: 481st Largest Agricultural Sector: 490th Highest Economic Output: 520th Most Armed: 558th Largest Retail Industry: 563rd Most World Assembly Endorsements: 595th Largest Furniture Restoration Industry: 631st Most Cultured: 682nd Most Advanced Public Education: 710th Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector: 721st Lowest Crime Rates: 928th Largest Publishing Industry: 1,267th Most Developed: 1,307th Most Extensive Public Healthcare: 1,347th Most Advanced Public Transport: 1,388th Most Secular: 1,448th Largest Cheese Export Sector: 1,512th Healthiest Citizens: 1,547th Highest Disposable Incomes: 1,554th Most Inclusive: 1,570th Fattest Citizens: 1,752nd Most Valuable International Artwork: 1,855th Largest Soda Pop Sector: 1,877th Largest Basket Weaving Sector: 1,885th Most Advanced Law Enforcement: 2,112th Greatest Rich-Poor Divides: 2,580th
World Factbook Entry

The Universal Order of Nations

"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite region on NationStates." Commander Shepard


Map (Earth & Space) | Request map space

Chat-room | LinkDiscord | LinkForum

Getting Started Guide | Rules and Guidelines (<- Required Reading)

LinkApply to the region


LinkRegional OOC Charter

Roleplay Year: 2645



Embassies: The Erviadus Galaxy, The Bar on the corner of every region, Pax Britannia, International Debating Area, Commonwealth of Liberty, Portugal, Solar Alliance, The Great Universe, The Vast, Argo Navis, Lardyland, Greater Middle East, Celestian Prosperity Sphere, The Western Colonies, Diamond City, Independence Hill, and 2 others.Krasnaya, and Todays Chariot.

Tags: F7er, FT: FTL, Fantasy Tech, Featured, Future Tech, Large, Magical, Map, Multi-Species, Offsite Chat, Offsite Forums, Outer Space, and 7 others.Regional Government, Role Player, Serious, Silly, Snarky, Social, and Video Game.

Regional Power: Moderate

The Universal Order of Nations contains 53 nations, the 383rd most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Most Advanced Public Education in The Universal Order of Nations

Fresh-faced World Census agents infiltrated schools with varying degrees of success in order to determine which nations had the most widespread, well-funded, and advanced public education programs.

As a region, The Universal Order of Nations is ranked 710th in the world for Most Advanced Public Education.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Council Republic of Greater IstanistanCivil Rights Lovefest“A Life For The People”
2.The Kingdom of Suburbia-Purlieu of West SuburbiaInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Plus Ultra”
3.The Sovereign Covenant of TeutioniaInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Actions, Not Words”
4.The Merchant Confederacy of TitananiumIron Fist Consumerists“Gold in peace, weapons in war”
5.The Second People's Empire of ShriveCorrupt Dictatorship“Fukoku Kyōhei, Shokusan Kōgyō”
6.The Wa'Ebe'Akth Doot-Hokdywa of Legion Of PeaceCorrupt Dictatorship“Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge”
7.The Inian Confederation of The Prussian RaumreichInoffensive Centrist Democracy“For the benefit of all who live.”
8.The Mienazmoru of UkaristCapitalist Paradise“Nyan”
9.The Interplanetary Federation of The New Equestrian FederationMother Knows Best State“Armoniam est Magia”
10.The Königreich of SilberflussFather Knows Best State“Together Against Death”
123456»

Regional Happenings

More...

The Universal Order of Nations Regional Message Board

Federation News Network

President Cameron, Chance for Peace?

The Federation since its establishment has encountered conflict from one Administration to the next, however, President Andrew Cameron has pursued a path of peace and might become the first President since Andrew Scott to not start a war during their time in office or at least their first year in office. A current look at the wars and military conflicts by President:

1. Andrew Scott, 2610-2620
a. No Wars or Conflicts

2. Francis Uruquhart, 2620-2628
a. First Legion War
b. Federation Civil War
c. Second Legion War
d. Military Intervention in Greater Republics

3. Michael Conway, 2628-2632
a. Greater Republics Military Intervention

4. Theresa Kennedy, 2634-2639
a. First Alliance War

5. Garrett Walker, 2639-2645
a. Military Intervention in Ontario
b. Second Alliance War
c. Second Federation Civil War

President Cameron has signaled he wants to change course with Federation Foreign Policy and instead of operating under the "Cowboy Diplomacy" that was seen by past Administrations to be instead be replaced by a policy of mediation and negotiation. Many political scientist conclude under past foreign policies, the Federation would get involved in another military conflict, which many experts believe that it would be with the Northern Pacific Empire, President Cameron understanding that such a conflict would be destructive and cost the lives of innocent civilians and military personnel alike.

In a recent interview President Cameron provided insight on how he would have handled the Galactic Alliance and the Tarkinist: "I was opposed to President Kennedy's draft of the Galactic Reorganization Act, which inflamed tensions between Terran Federation and our planetary territories. Kennedy wanted to pass legislation that would allow her to unilaterally appoint Planetary Governors, I would have approached it under a One Country, Two Systems approach, allowing these planets to be under the Federation banner, but have a massive degree of autonomy.", in response to the Tarkin: "The Cataclysm shook our nation, and we thought we never would face another Great Anarchy. I believe when Dalia Tarkin was getting foreign support she supported the idea that she should be President to lead the recovery. I believe Civil War was avoidable through reconciliation, but Walker was dumb to arrest the Tarkinist Generals who were plotting a coup in the way he did. He should have allowed the Justice Ministry to open an investigation, not unilaterally with Presidential Authority order the arrest."

The NPE begins to mobilize it's entire military and prepares for war under Warfront Protocols.

(I know I've not been that active, I've been keeping up on the RMB as much as I can. Been working alot and maintaining alot of stuff with life so I've kinda had to drop alot of NS. Fortunately at my work I have a break period so I'll try and use that for NS)

Federation News Network

Cameron Announces Foreign Policy Updates!

In response to the growing threat of the Third Swarm, President Cameron announced a major foreign policy update: "My fellow citizens, we are faced with adversity and conflict once again. There are those who don't want peace, who don't seek prosperity, but seek colonization and subjugation. I want to announce the Federation will not seek membership in the Warfront, but will still provide support to the NEF through Federation Fleet Alpha (has over 100 Capitol Ships, hundreds of starfighters), and the unveiling of the FSS Vladimir Ivike, our fleets first Super Dreadnought, which shall lead the fight for Federation Forces under NEF Command.

Our Nation has involved itself in many alliances or organizations has withdrawn from Administration-to-Administration, beginning with my Administration the Federation will not become involved with any future Military Alliances and pursue a path of peace. We will honor our current commitments and not seek to renegotiate, and any future conflicts, such as the Third Swam, we will be involved with our international allies. Our foreign policy changes our more focused on Terra."

Equisian Government Confirms Hostile Third Swarm Intentions, Invasion Likely; Diplomatic Communication Fails; War Preparations Begin

The Equisian Government has come out with an official and formal statement, iterate both domestically as well as internationally:

"The Equisian Government hereby announces, after an emergency several day session with Parliament and the Empress of Equis, the recognition of hostile intention by the Third Swarm in the Commonwealth of Aquarii sector towards the New Equisian Federation and the Ashian Empire. Following confirmed detections of Third Swarm FTL activation with destinations aimed at the Echelon System, Luminar Nova system, and Ashian frontier space, as well as failed attempts to open a diplomatic channel with the Third Swarm, the NEF is recognizing an extremely likely invasion by the Third Swarm into Equisian space with the likely intention to go beyond that.

"Recognizing the severe threat against the NEF, a session of Parliament have agreed to grant the Empress of Equis complete and total authority against the Third Swarm in the impeding crisis. It has further recognized that the Empress of Equis has the full privilege to wage war against the Third Swarm should the Third Swarm conduct an invasionagainst the NEF or another member of the defensive league against the Third Swarm. The Empress of Equis will not need to seek further approval from Parliament for military actions against the Third Swarm at this time.

"Furthermore, the Empress of Equis has hereby issued an official call to arms for all Equisian forces and for all garrisons to officially operate under wartime protocols. Any defenses capable of operation, even if undergoing repair, are expected to be ready to strike if required. Production of ESC vessels are now considered highest priority due to the severity of the situation and likely invasion of thousands of warships into Equisian space and both Equisian forces are being deployed to defensive positions in the targeted systems.

"The NEF has further called upon the international community to both condemn this impending aggression as well as to supply whatever aid that may be given to the Warfront to quickly halt this invasion." Equisian Government

The Empress of Equis highlighted that the "fears of a Third Swarm invasion are, sadly, being realized" and mentioned that "this threat is the reason the respective sovereigns of many nations are now burying hatchets for a time to confront a grave threat that looms over us all.

"Much like the Orion Spur was threatened by the invasion of the Manchuvians, we are now threatened by further invasions from the Third Swarm. Already they deny diplomatic communication and deploy military fleets towards our major population centers, making their intentions towards us obvious. They do not wish to stop where they stand, they wish to push further. They seek to conquer much of the Orion Spur as the Manchuvians attempted. If the entirety of the Orion Spur doesn't unite once more against this threat now, then it will only grow until it becomes impossible for a united front to stop. The Spur is slowly drifting towards more war and more chaos, thus the time to act is now before the matter becomes far, far worse.

"I do not believe every single Swarm in the Sosseath Alliance would be aggressive as the Third Swarm. Truthfully, given past talks with the Sosseath Alliance I do believe a fair amount of them are willing to diplomatically communicate. However, between what we have learned from resident Sosseath in Griffonia and given the behavior of the Third Swarm towards us in the last few months, I truly believe this is an intention of a full-scale invasion and subjection of the NEF by the Third Swarm. I fully intend to make them pay with every ounce of scrap they've put together to make these armadas that now approach our homes.

"If the rest of the Sosseath Alliance truly listens to Orion Spur communcations, I implore you to intervene and stop the aggressive actions of the Third Swarm. If you do not, then we will act as necessary to fully secure and safeguard the Orion Spur from Third Swarm aggression. The NEF recently gained its independence and I have no intention of letting that independence fall so quickly after we gained it. To those that consider us allies or friends, I implore you to send what aid you can. To those who consider us neutrals or even enemies, this is a time to point our arms towards a common foe instead of at one another. This incoming crisis will define the immediate future of the entirety of the Orion Spur as well as certainly have shockwaves reaching as far back as to the Sosseath homeland.

"It's time to show the Third Swarm why the Orion Spur defeated the Manchuvian Empire. If the Third Swarm wish to take our homeland, they'll find the cost is something they cannot afford to pay!" -Empress Cipher Lulamoon of the NEF

In related news, 90 more Equisian Frigates have recently arrived from the Zeikeutsyr per completion of a new batch and arrival of skeletion crews to bring them over. Due to the inability to use the Warp Gate network, their travel took longer. It should be noted these frigates chose to identify under the Warfront Flag, despite it not being officially activated yet by a majority of members. Some questions arose on when the Battleships in Grippli space would finish, but others have been consumed by either panic of the encroaching conflict or a desire to prepare hard for it.

It's unknown if either the Echelon system or the Luminar Nova system can hold out against the Third Swarm. It's further unknown of the actual size and fleet of the Third Swarm that is approaching both Equisian and Ashian space. Economic expansion and infrastructure work is now becoming significantly delayed as economic production is being switched over to wartime efforts with the Makara and Theta Vendrizi systems being ordered to "Prepare for Refugees and Fallback Points" should either the Luminar Nova or, worse, the Echelon system fall to enemy invasion. It's further unknown how prepared the orbital defenses of Equis are as repairs to every installation are incomplete.

While some eye witness reports have claimed the "Star Fortress" appears to be fully operational, it's unknown how effective it may be against a determined Third Swarm assault alongside the regular Fortress stations. All civilians are advised to avoid Equisian airspace if the alarm for the planetary shield to activate is sounded, as the activation of the shield may cause ship crashes if entry or exit is timed poorly with activation of planetary shielding.

ENN will continue to follow this breaking news.

Nip, tuck, undercut.
Anyone with a computer would notice an uptick in certain advertisements for a self-described cheap and no-maintenance cosmetic surgery, ranging from nose-jobs to a complete reconstruction of your body. While undoubtedly translated from a second language, the website that the advertisements linked to was built by a professional, and even hosted videos of bloody albeit-successful surgeries for the hypothetical naysayer. Under it’s section for pricing showed a Wide array of prices for various surgeries, each offering itself for free in exchange for “donation of genetic material”. While reeking of a plot to steal organs, the low prices knocked other dealers of modification out of the water if their advertisements were legitimate.

Constantly mentioned was a University, hosted in an obscure system-state south of Zeikeutsyr. What normality there was in describing the student experience was shattered by the accompanying pictures. A spectrum of macabre, surreal, and downright odd beings made up each photo, laughing, smiling, and acting as if there was no oddity in their forms. Under it all was a bold hyperlink, reading out:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=DQSIkWdsW0yxEjajBLZtrQAAAAAAAAAAAAMAAOE-NGZUOFdEMjhZSzNaRjJXMUw0RFhZMlc4TjkyUy4u

Confederacy Unconvinced

The Council of Fire has expressed its doubt on the validity of the NEF statements of the Sosseath expressing aggressive actions against the spur at this point in time. This conclusion was brought on by a relevant piece of information procured by the Kauldaran Intelligence Agency, and confirmed by SecCom. The information was the fact that it wasn't the Sosseath that instigated the attack, the Third Swarm forces located in Aquirii are in fact, based on the understanding of the Confederacy, responding to an assault on their territory by states such as the Ashian Empire, Republica, and the NEF. An assualt on a territory which had remained peaceful, but heavily guarded for months without issue until someone decided to "poke the bear". This information has made the Merchant Confederacy, feel that this rally to halt a massive assualt on the states surrounding Aquarii is not as noble a cause as the NEF claims it to be, given they are asking others to bleed for their mistakes.

This information combined with the fact that the Confederacy is otherwise pre-occupied with monitoring far more pressing issues, such as the ongoing Delek Civil War and Eucadian Spring, has brought the Council of Fire to fully reject the NEF call to arms. Infact the Merchant Confederacy has chosen to speak out against this call to arms and dissuade its fellow Al'terran powers in aiding, given this cause would mean shedding untold amounts of blood for someone else's erroneous judgement. The Confederacy will however prepare itself for the potential of a fight should the Third Swarm choose to take the fight beyond the neighboring states, and to the Al'terrans.

Titananium wrote:Confederacy Unconvinced

The Council of Fire has expressed its doubt on the validity of the NEF statements of the Sosseath expressing aggressive actions against the spur at this point in time. This conclusion was brought on by a relevant piece of information procured by the Kauldaran Intelligence Agency, and confirmed by SecCom. The information was the fact that it wasn't the Sosseath that instigated the attack, the Third Swarm forces located in Aquirii are in fact, based on the understanding of the Confederacy, responding to an assault on their territory by states such as the Ashian Empire, Republica, and the NEF. An assualt on a territory which had remained peaceful, but heavily guarded for months without issue until someone decided to "poke the bear". This information has made the Merchant Confederacy, feel that this rally to halt a massive assualt on the states surrounding Aquarii is not as noble a cause as the NEF claims it to be, given they are asking others to bleed for their mistakes.

This information combined with the fact that the Confederacy is otherwise pre-occupied with monitoring far more pressing issues, such as the ongoing Delek Civil War and Eucadian Spring, has brought the Council of Fire to fully reject the NEF call to arms. Infact the Merchant Confederacy has chosen to speak out against this call to arms and dissuade its fellow Al'terran powers in aiding, given this cause would mean shedding untold amounts of blood for someone else's erroneous judgement. The Confederacy will however prepare itself for the potential of a fight should the Third Swarm choose to take the fight beyond the neighboring states, and to the Al'terrans.

The NEF finds the accusation that it attacked the Third Swarm in Aquarii to be absurd. The NEF has, for many months, been in diplomatic contact with the Government of Aquarii, previously known as the Commonwealth of Aquarii, under the Sosseath Alliance with several agreements reached that included trade and immigration. The latest deal included construction of warp gates to further connect the Commonwealth and the NEF together.

Then radio communication with the Commonwealth of Aquarii's Government was lost, only for the NEF to then learn they were replaced with a different Government under a Dominion and that the "Third Swarm" were now in charge. Furthermore, all future diplomatic communication with Aquarii was cut off and militarization of the area was increased with more and more ships arriving. No communication with the Third Swarm could be acquired despite attempts.

Then the ships suddenly disappeared for several months over time, only to be recently learned they were hiding in Dark Space in Aquariian and the edges of Equisian space. Ships now directly heading towards Equisian worlds and Ashian frontier worlds.

It's completely absurd to state that the NEF attacked Aquarii to begin with due to the severe lack of military potential compared to the thousands upon thousands of warships confirmed to be sitting in Aquarii by public eye. Given diplomatic success and even an official meeting, that only further removed the reason for any violence. Add on the fact that the Empress herself is championing diplomacy and has seen war as the only last resort of resorts, it further begs the question on why she would start a war. Not to mention, and this should be frankly honest, few nations would trust the NEF to begin with unless the information was genuine enough to give them concern despite misgivings.

If the Confederacy has actual evidence that Equisian forces attacked or assaulted Third Swarm forces in Aquarii, they may present it.

The New Equestrian Federation wrote:The NEF finds the accusation that it attacked the Third Swarm in Aquarii to be absurd. The NEF has, for many months, been in diplomatic contact with the Government of Aquarii, previously known as the Commonwealth of Aquarii, under the Sosseath Alliance with several agreements reached that included trade and immigration. The latest deal included construction of warp gates to further connect the Commonwealth and the NEF together.

Then radio communication with the Commonwealth of Aquarii's Government was lost, only for the NEF to then learn they were replaced with a different Government under a Dominion and that the "Third Swarm" were now in charge. Furthermore, all future diplomatic communication with Aquarii was cut off and militarization of the area was increased with more and more ships arriving. No communication with the Third Swarm could be acquired despite attempts.

Then the ships suddenly disappeared for several months over time, only to be recently learned they were hiding in Dark Space in Aquariian and the edges of Equisian space. Ships now directly heading towards Equisian worlds and Ashian frontier worlds.

It's completely absurd to state that the NEF attacked Aquarii to begin with due to the severe lack of military potential compared to the thousands upon thousands of warships confirmed to be sitting in Aquarii by public eye. Given diplomatic success and even an official meeting, that only further removed the reason for any violence. Add on the fact that the Empress herself is championing diplomacy and has seen war as the only last resort of resorts, it further begs the question on why she would start a war. Not to mention, and this should be frankly honest, few nations would trust the NEF to begin with unless the information was genuine enough to give them concern despite misgivings.

If the Confederacy has actual evidence that Equisian forces attacked or assaulted Third Swarm forces in Aquarii, they may present it.

There was a very clear provocationof the Third Swarm Fleet in Aquarii, even if the NEF can prove its innocence to this blunder, they are contributing to it through their association with states that have caused such provocation. In mind of the Merchant Confederacy it is best to be safe, then sorry, and sorry in this situation would mean countless dead for a cause built upon lies. The Merchant Confederacy believes first and foremost in peace, non-aggression, and trade; and it will continue to do so, avoiding utilization its military might as a tool of its national policy. As such it also reaches out to its Al'terran brethren to halt their attempts at military aid, in the hopes that blood shed in this probable meatgrinder is reduced. The Al'terrans have already seen their fair share of pointless conflicts, the last of which broke their world.

Titananium wrote:There was a very clear provocationof the Third Swarm Fleet in Aquarii, even if the NEF can prove its innocence to this blunder, they are contributing to it through their association with states that have caused such provocation. In mind of the Merchant Confederacy it is best to be safe, then sorry, and sorry in this situation would mean countless dead for a cause built upon lies. The Merchant Confederacy believes first and foremost in peace, non-aggression, and trade; and it will continue to do so, avoiding utilization its military might as a tool of its national policy. As such it also reaches out to its Al'terran brethren to halt their attempts at military aid, in the hopes that blood shed in this probable meatgrinder is reduced. The Al'terrans have already seen their fair share of pointless conflicts, the last of which broke their world.

The NEF too champions and believes in peace and non-aggression where possible, proven both by the efforts of recent and successful mediation attempts around the Orion Spur as well as the diplomatic, immigration, and trade intiatives being conducted with the Commonwealth of Aquarii without much interference from the Sosseath Alliance. Yet now Equis itself is directly threatened with incoming Third Swarm fleets and no reply to diplomatic channels from them, despite having conducted such diplomacy and peaceful efforts not long ago with those previously in charge of Aquarii. This too comes after months of arrival of newer Third Swarm ships via the warp gate by eye witness accounts from immigrants and civilian trade vessels.

Does the Confederacy have any evidence that either of the other accused states attacked the Third Swarm with military assets in Aquarii?

Forum View

Advertisement