CODECO Response to the Adama Regime
In a letter drafted by CODECO leadership, a response to the speech of the Adama regime's delegate was made:
Greetings, We will be rejecting your proposal, and instead will be putting forth a counter offer: 1. William Adama will step down from his position and will order forces loyal to him to cease military activity 2. William Adama agrees to retire from Sequoyan politics 3. William Adama will be placed on house arrest by COMISEQ 4. William Adama's administration will be dissolved and the Reorganized Constitutional Government of the Republic of Sequoyah will take its place 5. The Reorganized Constitutional Government of the Republic of Sequoyah will be recognized as the legitimate government of Sequoyah 6. The Reorganized Constitutional Government of the Republic of Sequoyah will begin the process of an electoral cycle guided by COMISEQ and the Big Three 7. Militias and military units loyal to William Adama will be incorporated into the Reorganized Sequoyan Armed Forces 8. COMISEQ and the Reorganized Sequoyan Armed Forces will begin a campaign to defeat Calhounist warlords and the Odyssian Clan 9. A new Sequoyan constitution will be established by the new Sequoyan government with Big Three and COMISEQ approval 10. COMISEQ will remain in Sequoyah for a minimum of one year 11. Extensions to the COMISEQ mission can be made depending on if objectives of ending the Sequoyan Civil War are yet to be completed or if COMISEQ is needed for any other reason 12. Trials will be organized to prosecute William Adama and Edward Calhoun 13. William Adama will be exempt from the death penalty 14. Ulysses Lincoln will be pardoned but will agree to retire from politics We hope you accept our reasonable terms in order to bring about a stable, lasting peace in Sequoyah. Signed, Alexander II Emperor of Creeperopolis and the Creeperans Kemoh Foday President of the Republic of Lyoa Francesco II King of Salisford Alexander Giammattei Falla President of the Principality of El Salvador Francisco I Supreme Pontiff of the Creeperian Catholic Church
The Sequoyan Delegate responded to this letter on the floor.
"Gentlemen, while we appreciate CODECO's effort to create peace in our nation, this agreement is clearly one-sided and left intentionally vague. I will address each clause of this agreement now and propose some alternatives.
1. William Adama is willing to step down, but he cannot order his forces to cease military activity without some assurances. We do not want to begin a new era of our history with a foreign occupation. Limits must be placed on CODECO peacekeeping forces and their boundaries must be clearly outlined before we can, in good conscience, order our troops to step down.
2. William Adama is willing to retire from Politics, but I do not know why this clause is necessary. He is already stepping down as President, why do you want to remove him from public life?
3. This clause is illegal and unconstitutional. Adama's rule was authorized by the Second Sequoyan Constitutional Convention and the Treaty of Freemont, so I ask, what crime has he committed? And if he has committed such a crime, why would COMISEQ oversee his arrest? He has broken no Creeperan, Salisfordian, or Lyoan laws that I am aware of. If Adama is to be placed under "house arrest" because he is suspected of a crime, it will be administered by the civilian police forces of Sequoyah.
4. The Reorganized Constitutional Republic of Sequoyah is ruled by a Captain with no political experience who has spent the last year languishing in a Lyoan Prison. He is unelected and has no authority to rule the people of Sequoyah. I propose a compromise: an immediate referendum will be administered and overseen by the TCN to determine the nature of the provisional government while a new constitution is drafted. That way, any provisional government that is seated will have the people's authorization to rule. This falls in line with the democratic mission of COMISEQ.
5. Again, this "government" has no authority from the people. Let us hold a referendum to determine the nature of the provisional government. This "reorganized government" would, of course, be an option for a provisional government, but it would have to be authorized by popular vote.
6. We see no issue with this clause, except that the timeline is left vague.
7. Again, the Reorganized Constitutional government has no authority. In the event that it is approved in a popular vote of the Sequoyan people, then we would, of course, hand over control of our military to them. But until that moment, they don't have the authority to rule.
8. The Armed Forces of Sequoyah will be led by whoever is authorized by Sequoyan law to lead them. We are more than willing to work with COMISEQ forces.
9. Again, we believe this clause is valid, but there is no timeline.
10. COMISEQ must have a maximum time limit on its mission unless it is reauthorized by the Sequoyan government. Without this maximum time limit, we risk an indefinite occupation. That would be damaging both for the Sequoyan political system and for the general stability of the continent. We are willing to agree to a maximum one year mission, unless the Sequoyan government reauthorizes the mission.
11. This clause leaves who exactly will decide if further COMISEQ intervention is warranted is left vague. That decision must be left to the government of Sequoyah and the Big Three. We cannot allow CODECO to use the vague nature of this agreement to justify permanent military occupation.
12. I am still confused as to what crime William Adama committed. Furthermore, this treaty doesn't say under what court these men will be tried under. If COMISEQ expects us to reach an agreement, it must cease attempting to entrap us with vague language.
13. Of course he will be exempt from the death penalty, as he has done nothing illegal!
14. Why does Ulysses Lincoln need to retire from politics? What standing does this have on peace and stability of the Sequoyan government? On whose authority would that agreement be enforced?
Gentlemen, this agreement cannot stand without significant alterations. It is without timelines and places no limits on the COMISEQ peacekeeping force. We cannot allow Sequoyah to become the playground of CODECO. Doing so would only further radicalize the population. It attempts to place a government sanctioned only by a foreign power in charge of our nation, without the consent of the Sequoyan people. I offer this counter agreement now.
1. William Adama will remain in office long enough to oversee a referendum held on December 20th authorizing a provisional government. This provisional government will led by the Council of Governors if they are authorized by referendum. If they are not authorized by referendum, CODECO's "reorganized constitutional government" will be placed on an authorization referendum at a date determined by the Big Three. The Provisional Government will work with the Big Three and CODECO to write a new constitution. This Constitution must be ratified by a majority vote in a Sequoyan referendum.
2. COMISEQ will be authorized to remain in Sequoyah for a minimum of two years. After two years, they will leave Sequoyah unless their mission is extended by The Big Three. If their mission is not extended by the Big Three after two years, any attempt by CODECO to remain in the country is in violation of international law. COMISEQ may keep no more than 8,000 troops in each Province. They are relegated strictly to civilian protection and operations in coordination with the Sequoyan Armed Forces. If COMISEQ overrides these bounds, they may be dismissed by the Big Three
3. TCN observers will have full access to all Sequoyan elections and referenda that take place within the next ten years. This period can be extended at the request of the Big Three.
4. Any violations of Sequoyan Law will be tried by Sequoyan Courts authorized by the Provisional Sequoyan Government or the forthcoming Sequoyan Constitution.
5. All fighting between Sequoyan forces and COMISEQ will cease.
6. Land in each province will be provided to COMISEQ as a base of operations.
We have attempted to meet the needs of both the Sequoyan Government and CODECO with his agreement. We are willing to negotiate these clauses. However, any proposed agreement must be specific and outline clear boundaries for COMISEQ to prevent a permanent Sequoyan Occupation. We ask for a prompt response to prevent further deaths.
Vague clauses are dumb and entrapping. If anything is gonna "fix" Sequoyah, it's not gonna be an undefined treaty that allows for indefinite occupation. If CODECO can outline specific terms and actually attempt to compromise we can reach an agreement.
This is OOC, I'll do an IC response later, for the terms at least,
Bold = extra emphasis
1. Literally "I'll step down but only if you do what I want"
2. Because he's a clownish two-bit dictator
3. This clause is illegal and unconstitutional, says the government that basically burned the constitution for Adama to stay in power.
4. I mean, within a couple of weeks Adama will have been unelected for his current mandate, and was he ever even elected?
5. Neither does Adama's lol, also, do you know what provisional means? Its explicit purpose is to set the stage for a properly mandated government.
6. The timeline is vague because nobody in CODECO or the Big Three is a psychic.
7. Again, your government lacks the same mandate that you chastise them for not having. The difference is their government is expressly provisional, Adama's is not.
8. No response needed, just a conditional platitude.
9. See number six.
10. The clause should include that the Big 3 has to review it say, every six months after two years initially.
11. You're simping say the big three should approve it when that is literally already the case (or only that would be approved by us, anyway).
12. He literally violated the constitution to stay in power after an election he didn't stand in. Yeah, Calhoun deserved to be arrested, but are there not constitutional lines of succession or a court to defer to if it is unclear? Adama is not the electorate nor the court.
13. Literally a lie. He more or less committed treason.
14. Probably for siding with the guy who burned the constitution.
West Coast Meteorological Information Center, Gardena, Paleocacher
Doctor Hauser watched the computer simulation whirring its way across his screen. He ran the number and simulations through dozens of different variations and the most common result was one that nightmares were made of. He placed a phone call through to the Undersecretary of Public Safety and asked for an immediate teleconference with the Secretary and other members of the executive cabinet.
"This is big ladies and gentlemen. This low pressure system has merged with a northbound cyclone to the southeast of that large island across the Ascernis Ocean. It's turning towards us and we expect it will be very bad. Far worse than the storm of '83. This one is a killer and its leading fronts will start making landfall on Saturday afternoon. We have to start getting the word out and making preparations at once."
"Very well then," replied the Secretary. "I'll call the president and we'll get storm warnings up for the Fjordland and the West Coast. Some precautions will be taken at once such as the strategic deployment of relief supplies and civil defense personnel."
Paleocacher National News
Special Report: Storm Warnings Issued
The Federal Department of Public Safety surprised many across the country when just an hour ago, they issued warnings of an imminent winter storm that is supposed to bring to an end three weeks of mostly dry, unseasonably warm early winter weather. Meteorologists report that some areas inland and on the Fiordland peninsula may receive up to two feet of snow and more southerly areas may get up to a foot of rain. Blizzard warnings have been issued in four states and the Fiordland territory and severe storm and some flood warnings have been issued in an additional five states as well as the capital city of Gardena. Residents are encouraged to stock up on emergency supplies and to prepare to shovel lots of snow and that power outages may be expected. This comes on the verge of the four day Founderís Day holiday weekend and many thousands of people are on their way north to the Fiordland Peninsula to take advantage of already fallen snow for winter fun. Local officials have said they will not be issuing any mandatory evacuation orders but that they will be advising all visiting tourists of the danger and that the Trans Fiordland Railroad and Scenic Route 68 will be closing to northbound traffic on Saturday morning as a precaution to prevent too many people from heading into harms way. Social media is buzzing with many people disregarding the National Meteorological Observatoryís storm warnings, saying that they are too wrong too often and that they intend to enjoy the holiday weekend anyway. The President has announced his intent to hold a press conference to address the storm later tonight. In the meantime radio, television and cell phone warnings are to be sent out by the government repeatedly over the next 48 hours. Two of the ten regions expected to be affected have preliminarily declared states of emergency with more to follow suit.
How do I resist Disneys corporate power while being incredibly excited about all of their new content
Wait this isnít google
10 December 2020
The Deltinian Liberation Army released a statement regarding the CODECO military intervention in Sequoyah:
The Deltinian people and the Deltinian Liberation Army fighting for Deltinian liberation whole-heartedly denounce the Creeperian-Lyoan-Salisfordian invasion of Sequoyah. CODECO only seeks to commit atrocities in Sequoyah and seeks to align with the Natives to kill all Sequoyans. CODECO only seeks to plunder and loot Sequoyah for all its resources, rape its women, kill its men, and enslave its children. We also denounce Adama for colluding with the Natives to destroy Sequoyan society. We demand the immediate release of Calhoun, as he is the legitimate President of Sequoyah. Adama and Young must be immediately arrested and brought to trial for their crimes against humanity. Quebecshire, Eminople, and our brothers of Greater Sacramento need to immediately condemn COMISEQ and CODECO and topple these tyrannical regimes. If these demands to bring peace to the world are not met, there will be consequences.
Cortina Village, Idtrix Parish (19 miles outside Idtrix)
Four trucks drove down the narrow dusty street of the village. Stopping in front of a brick house, soldiers in the pale green-gray uniforms of the Arcadian Army jumped out of the trucks and surrounded the home. Two helicopters flew overhead.
"This is Firenze-01 calling ground teams, how copy?"
"This is Ancona-01 actual, read you loud and clear, how's it look?"
"We have locals forming a crowd in the square, recommend you direct Ancona-03 and 04 to the north."
As two teams headed north to cut off the growing crowd, another surrounded the house. The fourth team entered the house with a battering ram. Several gunshots were heard. Several bodies, three inhabitants of the house and one soldier, were dragged out by the soldiers. Another soldier was dragged out, this one screaming from pain due to a gunshot wound in his leg. A combat medic gave him morphine and began bandaging his wound. Finally, a live inhabitant was dragged out by the soldiers, handcuffed.
"Ancona-01 this is 04, crowd is getting restless. Get the HVI out of here, no idea how much longer we have."
"Roger that 04, pull back to the trucks, we'll prep them to leave."
One of the helicopters landed. The body of the soldier, the wounded man, and the HVI boarded. The helicopter took off and veered east.
"This is Firenze-02, Firenze-01 has the HVI, we're on station to provide cover for ground teams."
Gunshots began snapping at the soldiers as they reboarded their trucks. Several sparked off the trucks, but none bit into the flesh of living men. The trucks began driving down the road, finally safe.
"For Adros!" cried a voice from an alley.
A missle streaked from an alley way and hit the third truck. The soft-skinned vehicle provided no protection. The drivers died instantly, as did several of the men in the back. A few others survived, but were burned and gutted from shrapnel from the explosion or had bones broken as the truck flipped onto its side and slid to a halt. The fourth truck in the line couldn't stop in time and crashed into the wreckage. Unable to get around, the men in the fourth truck disembarked and began to retrieve the wounded from the third truck. Gunfire started up and machine gun fire sent two soldiers to the ground. Firing back, the survivors began making their back to the two surviving trucks.
The helicopter hovered over and began firing its front machine guns into the crowd of militia following behind the soldiers. A RPG streaked from the roof of a building and narrowly missed the cockpit of the chopper. A second clipped the tail rotor and sent the chopper spiraling to the ground, just behind the militia. Faced with an easy target, the militia turned back and surrounded the chopper, tearing the pilots out of the chopper and dragging them away. The two surviving trucks drove off, carrying the wounded and survivors.
Voting Recommendations for Current WA Proposals at vote: Repeal: "Rights of the Employed" and Commend Praeceps
For General Assembly Resolution: Repeal: "Rights of the Employed"
As World Assembly delegate I urge all members of the WA within the LCN to vote FOR this resolution. As stated in the repeal proposal this resolution is flawed in multiple ways, not the least of which being that it is ineffective and that its main purposes leave and retaliation are covered in two different WA resolutions already. There is no need to keep this redundant legislation.
For Security Council Resolution: Commend Praeceps
As WA delegate I urge all WA members in the LCN to vote AGAINST this resolution. Praceceps' actions while laudable such as promoting the arts are little known and are primarily confined to a single region and have little interregional significance of the nature that would warrant a commendation from this august body.
Inverness, Fjordland, Paleocacher
It had begun. Despite the warnings and alerts several thousand ignorant tourists who had either not seen them or not heeded them were still either in the region or trying to get to the mountains for the holiday weekend. The northbound express had departed that morning and was now approaching the town of Rathcullen. The first signs of the storm began as snow began to fall, first slowly, then as the clouds darkened and the wind picked up in sheets. In the first two hours nine inches would fall and winds gusted up to fifty knots. The storm had come and it was much worse than anticipated.
Just as the storm was starting to hit the northern coast its southern end smashed into the coastal city like a runaway train. Massive wind-swept waves, combined with the high tide inundated low-lying areas along the coast. Torrents of rain fell and rivers and lakes began to rise. Wind currents swirled and began to shake buildings and trees. Lightning and thunder cracked and the city fairly shook under the strain, and it was only the beginning. The weather office estimated the storm would last through the night and into the next day.
Sequoyan Proposal for Temporary Ceasefire for negotiations to begin
The Sequoyan Government has proposed a temporary ceasefire in the COMISEQ invasion and suggested negotiations in Bostonia should take place immediately to prevent further destruction and destabilization of Sequoyah. The Big 3 has been invited to mediate the discussions. The ceasefire would last for one month at which point it could be renewed. The month-long period would provide the Sequoyan government time to get aid to civilians trapped in active war zones and to evacuate refugees from the conflict. It would also provide the COMISEQ forces a chance to relieve their troops and rotate new forces in. The Sequoyan government stated "it is our hope that we can avoid further fighting and come to an agreement."