by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Ad From Max

Providence: The new novel by Max Barry, creator of NationStates

The LCRUA RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Eternal Usurper of Larnion (elected )

Founder: The Direct Democracy of LCRUA Founder

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

Most World Assembly Endorsements: 221st Most Nations: 513th Largest Black Market: 736th+29
Most Cultured: 750th Most Inclusive: 937th Most Advanced Public Transport: 1,156th Largest Welfare Programs: 1,189th Nicest Citizens: 1,214th Smartest Citizens: 1,279th Most Compassionate Citizens: 1,362nd Most Extensive Public Healthcare: 1,368th Highest Poor Incomes: 1,371st Most Eco-Friendly Governments: 1,450th Highest Foreign Aid Spending: 1,487th Most Advanced Public Education: 1,518th Most Beautiful Environments: 1,526th Largest Information Technology Sector: 1,559th Lowest Crime Rates: 1,570th Largest Governments: 1,586th Most Valuable International Artwork: 1,610th Healthiest Citizens: 1,730th Most Scientifically Advanced: 1,763rd Most Influential: 1,900th Most Advanced Defense Forces: 1,965th Most Popular Tourist Destinations: 1,986th Highest Economic Output: 2,008th Most Subsidized Industry: 2,048th Largest Publishing Industry: 2,106th Highest Average Incomes: 2,111th Most Devout: 2,138th Most Corrupt Governments: 2,244th Most Secular: 2,549th
World Factbook Entry

| The Constitution | World of The LCRUA | LinkOur Discord | Foreign Affairs Department | Regional Calendar | Roleplay


Welcome to The LCRUA (Left Centrist Right Unification Alliance), the continuation of LCRUA. Established August 26th, 2015. We are a region with the goal of closing the ideological gap peacefully, sharing culture and preserving freedom. Our purpose is to actively promote the idea of harmonical and mutually prosperous coexistence of beliefs from all sides of the political spectrum.


The Councillors for Term 23 have been appointed.


Please endorse our WA delegate, Larnion!


Please read the Master Dispatch and the Guide to The LCRUA, where you can find legislation, roleplaying, handy links, and much more!



Embassies: LCRUA, The Glorious Nations of Iwaku, Eientei Gensokyo, The Peaceful Coffee Shop In Chicago, International Debating Area, POLATION, The Bar on the corner of every region, Right to Life, The Confederacy of Free Nations, Libertatem, Solid Kingdom, Avadam Inn, Novapax, Solar Alliance, Elparia, The Sands, and 26 others.Krillin, Driselbia, Abydos, Libertas, Portugal, Gay Equality, Selene, Wintreath, USSD, Eladen, Union of Democrats, Yuno, Red Wolf Alliance, Fredonia, La nova Terra, Kylden, Westfalen Westphalia, Communist Cartel, Kappa Region, Union de Naciones Latinas e Ibericas, Niamark, New West Indies, Philippines, Yggdrasil, The Embassy, and nacionesunidasespanolas.

The embassy with Westfalen Westphalia is being withdrawn. Closure expected .

Tags: Anarchist, Capitalist, Casual, Communist, Conservative, Cyberpunk, Democratic, Egalitarian, Fandom, Free Trade, Future Tech, Game Player, and 27 others.Generalite, Independent, International Federalist, Issues Player, LGBT, Liberal, Libertarian, Map, Medium, Modern Tech, Multi-Species, Neutral, Non-English, Offsite Chat, Outer Space, Past Tech, Post-Modern Tech, Regional Government, Role Player, Serious, Silly, Social, Socialist, Sports, Surreal, Video Game, and World Assembly.

Regional Power: Moderate

The LCRUA contains 38 nations, the 513th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Fattest Citizens in The LCRUA

World Census takers tracked the sale of Cheetos and Twinkies to ascertain which nations most enjoyed the "kind bud."

As a region, The LCRUA is ranked 22,001st in the world for Fattest Citizens.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Republic of GaldanuliaAnarchy“#BanTheFash”
2.The Republic of ThracityAnarchy“God, Homeland, Liberty”
3.The Proceterate of The Armed CrystalNew York Times Democracy“This, we shall rebuild!”
4.The Democratic Republic of LCRUA GuardianCivil Rights Lovefest“For Freedom, Peace, Respect and Culture”
5.The Gestalt of Cyborgs and Sentient MachinesLiberal Democratic Socialists“Borg noises”
6.The Democratic States of The LCRUACivil Rights Lovefest“For the LCRUA”
7.The Protectorate of Section Thirty-OneInoffensive Centrist Democracy“The ceremony of innocence is drowned”
8.The Direct Democracy of LCRUA FounderNew York Times Democracy“For Freedom, Peace, Respect and Culture”
9.The Federal Republic of Wrenia and BirblandCivil Rights Lovefest“The wren, the wren, the king of all birds.”
10.The Early Morning Philosophy of PenumberInoffensive Centrist Democracy“I need to pee”
1234»

Regional Happenings

More...

The LCRUA Regional Message Board

Smolcasm wrote:[the DIG Act is brought to poll at the behest of the three Councillors]

Me: [votes] "Hey, I wonder who all has voted so far"

The poll: [one abstention, and the votes for Approve are... the three Councillors]

Me: "cool cool"

Democracy? More like oligarchy.

My nation: "So the issue is, hmm, if you think about it, perhaps we should, err, um, maybe we should have, y'know, a secret police."

Me: "...no"

My nation: [political freedoms, civil rights, safety, & intelligence risen; black market, social conservatism, & authoritarianism fallen; integrity at an all time high; corruption and crime at an all time low; cancer & the common cold cured; climate change reversed; fifth LCRUA Constitution successfully written; four dozen chocolate chip cookies baked for every individual; every purchase of a cup of coffee now comes with a picture of a cute puppy; Smolcasm national anthem changed to "Happily Ever After" from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann; suicide rates drop to zero percent; everybody stood up and clapped]

The government seems to have a minor case of shutdown-itis...

Galdanulia wrote:The government seems to have a minor case of shutdown-itis...

And this happened during a term where that insufferable fool Smolcasm wormed her way into political office. Coincidence? I think not!

Smolcasm - not even once

My voting recommendation for the soon-to-be-voted-on Security Council resolution "Condemn Quebecshire": AGAINST

So, I'm about to tell a story. This is a story involving many of my defender friends, so beware, this may be very, very biased. Here we go!

So, this all started with some fun in the League Defense Force. Lyoa and Makasta decided to have some fun and try to condemn Quebecshire, so they convinced Varanius, a member of the West Pacific Armed Forces and yes, the Grey Wardens (mmhmm very biased) to write this proposal. Of course, Vara agreed, being just the kind of person who does dumb things like this. It's extremely, EXTREMELY stupid with very, VERY messed-up tags and bad capitalization all-pervasive. I mean, this is BAD bad.

Oddly enough, Quebecshire wants it to pass. He wants this joke to be carried to the highest level. He wants to have the WA's biggest mark of shame to remind him of a dumb joke for all eternity. But he can't have any fun.

I must not only protect him, but also the WA from all of this stupidity. This is stupid. The whole thing is stupid. A vote against is a vote for sanity. If you vote for... well, then you're a living breathing meme. You don't want to be a joke, do you?

Also, did you hear that Vara kicks puppies?

Hello all you LCRUA card collectors!

Somebody named Noirex is severely inflating the value of S2 Krptonist! What once was just another epic, save for the fact that it's from our region, is now worth OVER 32 BANK. And they aren't stopping. Their sights are firmly set on 50, and the price may go even higher.

The LCRUA: The region of stonks.

It's been about three weeks since the Council last convened.

If I were still a minarchist, I would rate the current performance of our regional government as a 10/10: it's smaller than it was last term, it's not sticking its nose in the private affairs of the citizenry, everything's peaceful and nothing's on fire. We're not fighting any wars, none of our neighbors are plotting devious schemes against us, and we're each quietly going about our business without exception. Even if it's only on a scale as small as this little corner of NationStates, the "night watchman" state seems to work absolutely perfectly.

But that isn't my philosophy any longer.

We - by which I mean the LCRUA's government - can and should be doing more. It's wonderful that we've carved out a small haven free of pettiness, drama, and conflict, but we lack any incentive for community engagement, and condemn ourselves to inactivity for as long as we tolerate and maintain this dull state of affairs. We can't achieve the august ambition of demolishing the dogma of demagogues and doctoring the disdain-driven divides that disturb the disparate denizens of the democratic world when we withdraw from writing... well, anything - whatever words we will - on our RMB. I feel it is the responsibility of our regional government - that, in part, it is my responsibility - to restore activity to the region and affect positive change, rather than languishing in silent neutrality... but while I acknowledge that this exaggerated quietude poses a problem, I'm not sure where to begin rectifying it except to write this.

I just hope that we haven't yet lost everyone that would read it.

Smolcasm wrote:It's been about three weeks since the Council last convened.

If I were still a minarchist, I would rate the current performance of our regional government as a 10/10: it's smaller than it was last term, it's not sticking its nose in the private affairs of the citizenry, everything's peaceful and nothing's on fire. We're not fighting any wars, none of our neighbors are plotting devious schemes against us, and we're each quietly going about our business without exception. Even if it's only on a scale as small as this little corner of NationStates, the "night watchman" state seems to work absolutely perfectly.

But that isn't my philosophy any longer.

We - by which I mean the LCRUA's government - can and should be doing more. It's wonderful that we've carved out a small haven free of pettiness, drama, and conflict, but we lack any incentive for community engagement, and condemn ourselves to inactivity for as long as we tolerate and maintain this dull state of affairs. We can't achieve the august ambition of demolishing the dogma of demagogues and doctoring the disdain-driven divides that disturb the disparate denizens of the democratic world when we withdraw from writing... well, anything - whatever words we will - on our RMB. I feel it is the responsibility of our regional government - that, in part, it is my responsibility - to restore activity to the region and affect positive change, rather than languishing in silent neutrality... but while I acknowledge that this exaggerated quietude poses a problem, I'm not sure where to begin rectifying it except to write this.

I just hope that we haven't yet lost everyone that would read it.

We indeed should be doing more. Our silence does no favors to our region. We need to work to fix what has gone wrong.

But what to do...

"I think I'm going to commit to socialism for real this time" - me, after picking an option on an issue that eradicates capitalism, only to undo it a few days later

Smolcasm wrote:"I think I'm going to commit to socialism for real this time" - me, after picking an option on an issue that eradicates capitalism, only to undo it a few days later

"I'll definitely abolish my government" - me, picking option 2 of Issue #110, only to re-establish my government the next day

Forum View

Ad From Max

Providence: The new novel by Max Barry, creator of NationStates