Wait a second...
I enabled IP address distinguishing but it clearly didn't work
>should the garlic come back
>yes - 81 votes
>no - 26 votes
poll opened 6 minutes ago
Me. Actively looking for a new speaker. And I would resign from the Chairmanship if someone competent took the role.
What's it like in your Oasis, chief?
Hi, I am looking for 2 that can help me in the realization of my very beautiful idea. Who is interested contact me.
It's me, campaigning again! Yesterday I made my closing statement on the RMB debate that happened in the Thaecian Stadium. It basically summaries what I said in it, as well as giving you more information about what I will do with the executive if I am elected as President of Thaecia. Lastly, it gives you a reason why I am the best presidential candidate from a certain point of view. If you planned on voting for someone else than me, at least read this post! It could change your mind. 😚
And, as always, my campaign is listed down below. If you have any question/critic/comment/whatever, I'm only one TG/Discord DM away! And of course, remember to vote for me! #Avance #TeamIslonia #AvanceWithIslonia #IsloniaPourLaPrésidence !
Most of you already know me. Either as Roleplay Secretary, Associate Justice, Member of any of the Thaecian Ministries or just little rant guy. I'm Islonia, here since March-April 2019. I've stood for a long time outside Thaecian Politics, joining the dramas and RMB fires to either stop them or point some facts that seemed completly idiotic and impossible for a healthy democracy this region wishes to achieve.
I am and will be an independent in this region for long, as I see the need for political parties useless because of how they function and how this democracy gives them a place. I openly and several times said I hate the idea of a political party. And here I am, standing as a candidate for the Thaecian Presidency! 🙂
I'm running on several points that are important to me and my partners. Some are important reforms I'd like to keep to a certain moment if I win this election. But I hope I will be able to make all of them pass. If not, you'll see me running for another term. :P
Political parties may exist, but they must be independent of government. This means that the political affiliation of all members of the executive must be removed from the government factbook and the "List of Political Parties" must be deleted. The only person who has the right to recognize a group as a political party is the electoral commissioner.
The executive exists to keep the region running, growing and having fun. Its work is not based on a specific ideology, but on a mix of ideas from all sides. On the contrary, the legislature has a myriad of ideologies fighting over which law and why it is good or not for the region.
2. Removing the WA Center & the President Office Staffs. The WA Centre and the staff of the President's Office were established by Xernon as the presidential administration and were entrusted with several tasks. Both of these programs died under Xernon's inactivity. And, since I have my own idea of the presidential administration that will be explained under this paragraph, I do not intend to keep the old system set up by our President.
3. Merging the Prime Minister and President's Administration. I do not see the point of the Prime Minister and the President, two executive posts acting as Head of Government and Head of State, having different administrations. Of course, the President is in charge of the affairs of the WA, but this can be done by a sub-section of the same administration. Furthermore, we need a united executive and not two "governments" acting as the executive. Because at present, the Prime Minister and the President are only what we criticize the bicameral legislature for.
4. Reforming the Executive into a Semi-Presidential / Presidential System. It's a sensitive issue. Be sure to read it several times if necessary.
I want to reform the executive into a system where the president has more power. Because at present our President with few sovereign powers, we could compare this position with that of the President of Germany. Apart from that, it is a symbolic position with influence and respect. That is all.
That's why I want to change our executive system in two (or more, our working group has just thought about it, so it's a new idea subject to change) possibilities :
- A semi-presidential system: The president is elected, and the prime minister will be chosen by the president and then confirmed by Congress. This is a variation of the French S-P system where the President chooses the Prime Minister by a majority of Congress, which we cannot do here because of our bicameral system where our two chambers have very similar functions and powers.
- A presidential system: The President and the Prime Minister are elected on the basis of a ticket. This means that instead of having two elections, we only have two in one.
In both systems, the President accepts/rejects the ministerial appointments of the Prime Minister, has the power to appoint judges and represents Thaecia internationally as a true head of state.
5. Opposition to Interregional Organisations. Interregional organizations are not something Thaecia is interested in. After the failure of the AoR and the current thinking on interregional organizations, I hardly see the region joining another type of organization like this one. However, I do support embassies that communicate with the regions, that have people we know or with whom we have cultural and historical ties. For the same reason, I am opposed to the idea of "friendship treaties", which I find silly. If you want a region to be your friend, all you have to do is exchange cultures and organize events together. The Force& N-Day are perfect examples of this.
6. Creation of Legislative Commissions. I WILL ONLY PUT THIS IN PLACE IF UNICAMERALISM WINS THE REFERUNDUM
It takes time to debate a law. To read and debate its amendments, to vote on it. Sometimes Congress can spend a lot of time on a single bill for a number of reasons. That's normal, we need time to make sure we have the best possible bill before we vote on it. Our Congress is not fast and usually because one chamber is much faster than the other. We have seen this many times before.
A Legislative Commissions is a commission created to read and debate all proposed amendments to the law before the law itself passes through a chamber. This can lead to debates where the amendment is either discarded, modified or remains unchanged.
The way I think it would work is that 3-4 members of the Chamber come together and discuss the amendments and the law itself. If they wish, they could be joined by citizens who would like to have a say in this legislation. At the end of the discussion, one of those present will act as rapporteur and will give the chamber debating the said law a brief summary of the discussion between the parties.
Therefore, the chamber debating this law will obtain any consensus-amendment or agreement between the partners before debating it. Citizens will even be able to express their ideas if any of them wish to participate in the discussion. In this way, the legislator will take less time to debate on NationStates (which takes a lot of time) something debated before the session.
The commissions would meet on discord in a channel that every resident can see but where only commission members can speak.
7. Terentiland for the Electoral Commission. Our current electoral commissioner has proven his ability to manage our elections. It is a job he has done to perfection. I am pretty sure that the majority of citizens agree with this appointment, so I do not need to explain this argument any further. :)
These are the people I worked with for my platform and ideas. I'd like to thank them for accepting to work together to find policies for the future of our region!
Thaecia needs an active president. Whoever he is. However, we can't have anyone as president. The presidency is an influential and respected position in Thaecia. Because of its lack of sovereign powers, it has a tiny and huge range of functions that it can have, which means that it depends only on what the elected individual wishes to do. I wish to be a president who will work closely with the Prime Minister's administration, which will not hesitate to crack down on any poisonous politics as I have done in the past. I hope to represent Thaecia internationally as I have done in the past in a private capacity. Finally, I wish to revive the aggressive recruitment program that we had in the past; but, in order to do so, I will need your help.
NationStates is a game. That means we're supposed to have fun playing it. Keep doing the same thing and you'll find the game boring. That's why I'm not against unicameralism and even for it. We have tested bicameralism, so why not try unicameralism? Same system for the executive. We have tested an elected PM and president, so why not try something new?
I think that is a wonderful idea and would love to see it come to fruition! Hopefully we'll see something soon.
Also, for those of you who are new, or haven't seen ot yet, read this!
World Trade is my second nation, my first being lost to history. I've been playing this game for about 3 years now, and have stayed in many regions, as well as creating my own. I am interested in politics in the real world as well as on NationStates, although I don't do much in the world. I have consistently been involved in regional politics, however, and have been the WA delegate for a region, as well as founding a political party and being part of a now-extinct minor party here in Thaecia.
We have been through some rough times recently, and I am running for Senate to make Thaecia prosperes. I hope to do this through encouraging the recruitment ministry through debate, and by encouraging the promotion of it. I would also like to encourage more people to get involved in politics, whether that be in the ministries, HoC or Senate. I believe that at the very least our populace should be knowledgeable on politics, so would support efforts to make this dream come true.
Well, as you probably already know, I have not been here for very long. What you may not know though, is that this is my third time here, with my last time being with a minor party. This leads to my experience with the politics of this region. However, since I haven't been here very long (this time) it has allowed me to travel and to experience other regions politics. This would hopefully lead to me being able to introduce new and refreshing ideas to the senate. I also take part in debates, like those on gun control and Scottish independence alongside the wonderful chairman of PCT, Titanne. Of course, being part of PCT I will try to encourage their ideas. However, I will say I am an advocate of free speech, although I believe should be everyone's top priority to not offend people, although no repercussions would come from me. Nazis are bad etc., Vote For Me!
I was also wondering if anyone had a bill writing template, asI've had some good ideas, but want to make sure I present them properly so people can understand them and not criticize them as easily.
great answer my dude.
NGL, I was hoping that y’all would pick the V.A.N so that I can name a section of the news article “The Game V.A.N”
2)Keeping track of the various election campaigns.
3)Collecting data on the positions of the President and Prime Minister.
Well, everyone, tomorrow is the day for the presidential and PM elections! Look out for the ballot and the candidate's final drive. I am pretty excited to see how it all shakes out after this fantastic campaigning season.