<<Fort Verden's vote for "Commend Grays Harbor" has been noted.>>
No! You are NOT an idiot Gig Em Buddy.
Your Buddy Verner
When I said “I figured” I wasn’t agreeing you were an “idiot”, there, buddy. 😳 I just figured you made an oops, and my twisted sense of humor mandated I make a silly comment. 🙁
Speaking of Gig em Aggies, you never gave us your review of CoD Modern Warfare. How was it? As impressive as the TV commercials. The new Diablo IV trailer looked pretty sweet. Too bad it is probably years from release.
@ Grays Harbor - Go GH! Go GH! Go GH! For those interested in his handiwork, we will be rotating a number of the stamps he did for NewTexas as our flag for a while.
Good morning ladies and gentlemen of Texas!
Welcome to Texas!:
The Republic of Gonzopia
The Republic of The Free principality of Texas
The United Socialist States of The Texan Commune
The Empire of The Grand empire of the Texan Duchy
The Free Land of The anarchist state of Texas
Your Buddy Verner
Take a look at these videos y'all:
Why Costco is Cheaper than Amazon
10 Military Operations That Could Have Changed The World
The Incredible Story of The PayPal Mafia
Howdy Texas!! I have this month's emissary report for you :)
10000 Islands Emissary Update
Has your region been invaded, or do you want to get in touch with TITO? If so, contact one of the following nations:
~Field Commander: Kanta Hame.
~Tactical Officers: Shy Guyia, Smugglers and Mercs (EF), Twobagger, Mingulay Isle.
~Executive Officers: Aschente, Hakketomat.
As of this report’s publication, the Government of 10000 Islands consists of:
~Chief Executive: Markanite
~WA Delegate: Kuriko
~Senior Senator for Blue Canaria North (Emissary Report): HumanSanity
~Senator for Himes West (RP): Flemingisa
~Senator for Lyonnesse East (Houses): The United Royal Islands of Euramathania
~Senator for New Republica South (Debates and Discussions): Aschente
~Minister of Immigration: Sargon Reman
~Minister of Education: The Tasmanian Islands
~Minister of Labor: Paffnia
- Following the coup of The East Pacific by Fedele/Scardino, Delegate Kuriko issued the following statement: page=dispatch/id=1270303
- Some of you are getting this update for the first time! We are excited to announce new embassies with Lazarus, Hartfelden, and a re-opened embassy with The East Pacific! HumanSanity has been dispatched as Emissary to Lazarus, Aschente to Hartfelden, and Hakketomat to The East Pacific. Our new emissaries look forward to meeting you all!
The Council of Nine has recently opened the position of World Assembly Secretary to be tasked with recruiting and assisting aspiring WA authors, providing information to Islanders about WA proposals, and conducting international outreach for WA proposals. Markanite has named Sargon Reman our inaugural WA Secretary and he has named Mingulay Isle as the inaugural Deputy WA Secretary. Congratulations to them both! We're excited to see what this new office will do.
Hiring here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37938/new-wa-secretary-announced and here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37956/deputy-wa-secretary-appointment
Additionally, thanks to my new Deputy Senator, THX1138, we have a new section covering WA votes in 10000 Islands! It will briefly cover WA resolutions and 10000 Islands' regional vote on each.
Oct 18, 2019 GA Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc: A brief resolution to prevent, in all member nations, the sterilization of minors or incompetent persons without the approval of an independent Institutional Review Board, that deems it necessary for the health of the individual.
Author: Imperium Anglorum
10000 Islands discussion on this resolution: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37889/resolution-ban-sterilisation-minors-etc
Regional vote: For 0 | Against 8
Delegate vote: Against (weight 293)
Final WA vote: For 10295 (77%) | Against 3128 (23%)
Result: Passed Oct 21, becoming GAR#472
Oct 22, 2019 GA Responsible Land Management: A comprehensive replacement for the recently repealed GA #432 'Preventing Desertification', suggesting measures for nations to take to reduce the effects of sapient impact on the environment, and specifically on the overuse and wear and tear on soils.
Author: Refuge Isle
10000 Islands discussion on this resolution: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37910/ga-resolution-responsible-land-management
Regional vote: For 9 | Against 3
Delegate vote: For (weight 296)
Final WA vote: For 11330 (77%) | Against 3404 (23%)
Result: Passed Oct 25, becoming GAR#473
Oct 26, 2019 GA Financial and Economic Education: A safeguarding resolution outlining the specific forms of education a nation must provide to better inform inhabitants about the economic workings of their nation, and their responsibilities within it.
Author: Imperium Anglorum
10000 Islands discussion on this resolution: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37913/ga-resolution-financial-economic-education
Regional vote: For 3 | Against 9
Delegate vote: Against (weight 297)
Final WA vote: For 11415 (84%) | Against 2183 (16%) Result: Passed Oct 29, becoming GAR#474
Oct 27, 2019 SC Repeal: Condemn The Black Hawks: An effort to repeal SC#52, citing its inferiority to a second, standing condemnation against the same region, and bringing into question some of the assertions made in the target.
10000 Islands discussion on this resolution: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37943/resolution-repeal-condemn-black-hawks
Regional vote: For 10 | Against 9 | Delegate's Prerogative 3
Delegate vote: For (weight 297)
Final WA vote: For 2202 (18%) | Against 10258 (82%)
Result: Failed to pass
Oct 30, 2019 GA Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools: A resolution to mandate, and in some cases subsidize, the education of sciences throughout the WA, in an effort to generate a fact-based understanding of the natural world.
10000 Islands discussion on this resolution: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37961/resolution-promoting-natural-sciences-schools
Regional vote: For 6 | Against 2
Delegate vote: For (weight 301)
Final WA vote: For 13290 (91%) | Against 1244 (9%)
Result: Passed Nov 3, becoming GAR#475
- Minister of Labor Paffnia has hosted the regional Poet Laureate contest this October - the theme was fright! Congratulations to poetry extraordinare Aersoldorf on his victory! See here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37856/poet-laureate-contest-10-19 and here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37884/voting-poet-laureate-contest-10
- Taco Island Charities has opened up a time capsule. In one year it will be opened, and if enough nations survive then a million tacos will be split between everyone who put an item in! See here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37781/second-louisistan-time-capsule
- XKI keeps NationStates relative time, and this October we entered NS Year 300! Welcome to the fourth century! See here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37909/happy-nationstates-year-300
- This month, Lyonnesse East Senator United Royal Islands is hosting the House Cup and Shield contest - a periodic recruiting event between XKI's Great Houses. See here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37712/house-cup-shield-fall-2019
- URI also hosted a prolific posting competition won by Houses Louisistan and Echolilia, with individual awards going to HumanSanity and URI. See contest here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37713/october-2019-prolific-posting-contest and results here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/post/1706988/thread
- With new technological breakthroughs on thermionic desalination technology, Mortimer Report payouts based on the regional shop are higher this month for some items. See here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37906/thermionic-desalination-breakthrough-oct-2019
- Chief Executive Markanite posted a message to commemorate Empire of Power Annexation Day here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37903/empire-power-annexation-day
- Recruiting was at a steady hum in 10000 Islands in October. Escanaba was top recruiter once again, but this time Minister of Immigration Sargon Reman gave him a run for his money. Thanks to Naba, Sargon, and everyone else who pitched in!
- In celebration of the spooky Halloween holiday, Chief Executive Markanite has started a scavenger hunt! See here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37933/10000-islands-spooktacular
- BUT don't get too comfortable, little bitty ghosts are coming to attack and steal our candy! They've already popped up in our main discussion board and at a political rally! See here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37949/spooktacular-attack?page=1
- Haivon has been named Featured Nation by the Ministry of Education. Congratulations! http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37968/10000-islands-featured-nation-haivon?page=1&scrollTo=1711532
- The 110th TITO Knight, Sargon Reman, has a new statue that has been added to the Hall of Heroes courtesy of Marxist Germany. See here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/5776/10000-islands-hall-heroes?page=6&scrollTo=1710483
- For a more... surf's up take on regional events, feel free to check out Jabberwocky's The Mad Surfer. See here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/37848/mad-surfer-october-2019
The region has benefited from a significant number of new arrivals, and this has increased RMB activity exponentially over the last months. October saw open discussion on a variety of topics, from the true nature of Fascism to the merits of abortion. In this section, a curated collection of some of the best posts of the last month:
- First up, this excellent post by Finalanswer Archive in the context of a larger discussion around capitalism versus socialism, and wage equality: page=rmb/postid=36612720
- A cheeky and humourous post from the NS mods, who made quick work of removing an unwanted and offensive guest: page=rmb/postid=36668824
- A dark secret revealed by nation 1984 Commune: page=rmb/postid=36680269
- An even darker secret revealed by Evil Dictators Happyland: page=rmb/postid=36691807
- Jabberwocky, always with the existential questions: page=rmb/postid=36791063
Regional Poll of the month asked who played the best Catwoman: page=poll/p=148619
We're adding another new feature! Each month, I'll sit down with one of our regional members so that everyone can get to know them a little bit better. This month I sat down with Republic of Tikistan, the 98th Knight of TITO!
HS: How did you originally hear about NationStates?
Tiki: I saw it in a message board of general stuffs
HS: When you signed up what were you expecting?
Tiki: I thought its gonna be about making my nation and laws and government and such
HS: How has that differed from why you've stayed around?
Tiki: I didn't know there will be a lot about acting with other nations and also I didn't know there is gonna be regions
HS: What specifically about "regions" and XKI specifically attracted you initially?
Tiki: I like to react with other ppl and also I like to be a defender. TKI is specially active.
HS: And what keeps you coming back day-in and day-out to play?
Tiki: Counting threads are fun also I like Tito Knights missions but I am using a app now and missions are hard to do. Probably I'm gonna not use the app soon.
HS: What would you say is your proudest accomplishment in NS?
Tiki: Being a TITO knight
HS: What is the time you've laughed the hardest playing this game? The time this game has upset you the most?
Tiki: Woonsocket made me laugh a lot but I can not remember 1 time only. I got little bit upset when people accused that I am a invader.
HS: Do you have anyone that you'd consider like a mentor to you in NS? Why and what did they do for you?
Tiki: Yes Woonsocket When I got a question always I tell him also he told me how I better do TITO missions and such.
HS: Do you have any goals in NS that you're working towards that you haven't accomplished yet?
Tiki: I wish I will get 100 battle stars but it is little bit slow now because I am using my phone for posting and it is harder to do missions on my phone.
Thanks all for reading! Until next month!
We would like to second this sentiment, but instead of merely seconding, we would like to square it. Grays HarborHarbor has done so much more for The Great Region of Texas than the Security Council Resolution mentions. Aside from his assistance on the Texas Map, which was invaluable and took 100s of hours of collaboration and design, GH is one of the highest decorated members of the Texas Defense Forces. We do not recall ever asking GH to assist and hearing him say "No" or "Can't do it". When it came time for needing members of the Texas Representative Council, GH was always there. And, when Wysteria and The Heartland and Texas formed The Triumvirate in 2003, the first Embassy-type thing in NS, GH was one of the first nations we met as a result of this friendship between like-minded regions. GH, despite his curmudgeonly facade, is a real teddy bear and real Texas Hero.
Huzzah GH! Hip, Hip, Hooray! Thank you, Grays Harbor!
***** Texas Saturday Breakfast *****
WooHootie Texas! What is a better way to start your day than with a big ol' stack-o-pancakes! For today's breakfast needs, we will be serving Saturday Texas Pancake Buffet compliments of the Texas House of Pancakes. We have a wide variety of pancakes, all made to order. We will be flipping flying saucer size with a pizza paddle and silver dollar size with an offset frosting spatula. The right tool for the right job is key in everything from home-building to pancake-making. We will be offering a ton of pancake add-ins too! We have everything from the standard blueberry to caramelized apples, to strawberry, chocolate chip, pecan, walnut, granola, butterscotch chip, black cherry, dehydrated cranberries, pumpkin pieces, and the all-new praline bits. For the health-conscious, we will be offering whole wheat, bran, buckwheat, or oatmeal pancakes. Also, for the internationally-inclined, we have crepes, blintzes, crespelle, pannenkoeken, and lettu. As a public service reminder, THOP wishes to remind all that Texas is still bigger than France. We will be breaking out the Topping Bar made popular during Wacky Waffle Saturday. We have all your pancake needs covered for the traditionalist including genuine maple syrup imported from our friends in Canada, as well as melted butter, whipped butter and even stick butter! The goodness continues with honey, treacle, stroop, strawberry preserves, banana compote, orange marmalade, blueberry preserves, and a new addition for this year, cookie butter! We even have newly-added adult toppings such as Kahlúa whipped cream, Frangelico syrup, Crème de Cassis sauce, Kirschwasser cream and Grand Marnier with orange zest reduction. Come on down and get a short stack or a full stack of some great pancakes. No Juice Bar today. Start your day off the right way; munch out and go back to sleep.
Our friends over in The Dominion of United Vinceland have a new Special Breakfast Beverage of the Day for us! Vincent accidentally stumbled upon a fantastic Apple Pie Sangria that we are going to turn into a Virgin Apple Pie Sangria. This luscious drink is all about the apples! It starts with a green apple, cored and cubed. Do the same to a red apple; repeat with a pear. Now put your wonderful assortment of cubed fruit in a pretty glass pitcher and cover with a 50-50 mix of apple juice and apple cider. Stir in some sugar, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cardamom and let everybody get used to each other for a few hours. To serve it up, we put it up in a copper goblet and garnish it with a cinnamon stick. The drink you can eat! Thank you, Vincent!
No Juice Bar today. Of course, The Never Ending Urn of Coffee is full and ready to help you wash it all down. Come on down and start your day right Texas. You know you want to!®
***** Texas Chat Reminder *****
The Texas Weekly Chat Session will be Saturday (TODAY) at High Noon Texas Time (CDT) ***Saturday***. And, if you can't be there right at Noon, that is Ok, Texas Chat usually runs 3, 4, 5 hours with some Chats running as high as 7 or 8 hours.
The Texas Chat Site is here: http://texasregion.net/blab70/login.php
Please register with your nation name. This is a great opportunity for nations old and new to Texas to find out what is going on! We chat, we debate, we talk about the weather, we talk about stuff we like, stuff we hate, random stuff and more stuff. But, it is never stuffy. Usually, it is about meeting your fellow Texans and talking about the latest and most interesting stuff in NationStates at the moment. But then again, sometimes NationStates does not even come up. It is wide-open chatting with peeps from around The World both IRL and NS. It is Texans, EuroTexans, WannabeTexans, ex-Texans, and plenty of Friends of Texans. We have it all and all are welcome. Texas Chat, 764 weeks and running! For the math-challenged, that is over 15 years! Check it out! Good stuff!
Well tonight on the Texas Report Texas A&M plays South Carolina this Saturday then Georgia then last and least LSU plus Chad Morris is toast at Arkansas after being Dropped by WKU and his chances of a threepeat at Arkansas is slim to none as they next play LSU then Missouri
(Go Dawgs! 😉)
I presume your secretly rooting for A&M otherwise https://youtu.be/V1QidirATFc
In this edition of the Texas Report Arkansas have placed Coach Barry Lunney Jr as its Interim Head Coach after releasing Tusk V to chase Chad Morris out of Fayetteville. Morris was 4-18 in his years at Arkansas
^ Go Aggies!
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen of Texas!
No Buddy. More like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyIhxxvvy1Y
Nyah ha ha ha! :)
Have an absolutely fantastic day everyone!
Edit: A new poll is up.
Other (Write in): Water :)
Your Buddy Verner
Happy Veterans Day Texas! For those who may be unaware, Veterans Day is a patriotic day to honor all American veteran soldiers. It was originally created as "a legal holiday - a day to be dedicated to the cause of world peace and to be thereafter celebrated" in 1926 after World War I. In 1938, it was named Armistice Day. After World War II, it was renamed Veterans Day by President Eisenhower. It is a legal holiday in all states. It is generally marked by parades to honor veterans. It is a celebration to honor America's veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good. Be sure and tell any veterans you see or come in contact with "Thank you". We know Texas, as a region, has many veterans and we wish them all a big Texas-sized Thank-you! Don't forget to thank our active-duty soldiers as well. Texas veterans, please stand up so we can salute you!
As the line from a poem states, "I'm proud to stand here like my fathers before me."
2nd Generation Air Force and 3rd Generation Military. I have an ancestor who served in the Civil War, somewhere I have a copy of his discharge papers.
I wanted to join the USAF after I joined my high schools JROTC program mainly as a pilot of an F-16 but I was to tall dammit plus there's the whole deal about my weight and hearing problems so graduating as a C/Capt. in JROTC was the closet I got to the real deal.