by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Texas Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

«12. . .594595596597598599600. . .610611»

Safj wrote:I think I'm getting really close to finishing a Texas deck. If there's anyone who's got what I'm looking for, I'm willing to pay above market value. I think I have all the expensive ones now, however...

I have you. Do you need you?

Safj wrote:I think I'm getting really close to finishing a Texas deck. If there's anyone who's got what I'm looking for, I'm willing to pay above market value. I think I have all the expensive ones now, however...

Sounds like the cards will stick around after some retooling. Which cards are you looking for to finish a Texas Deck?

Indian Empire wrote:I have you. Do you need you?

No, I have 3 copies of myself, hahaha. Consequently, if a savvy investor is looking to add me to a fantastic collection, I'm willing to offer one for an extremely low rate.

Trecdom2 wrote:Which cards are you looking for to finish a Texas Deck?

I have the major nations. It seems like I'm missing a few alternates and some others here and there. There's a list, if anyone can/will help me acquire these cards. I have offers out to buy them.

Blandings and Fenwick The United Lands Of Texas Weedomaker Easter egg hunters The empire of texas Crockettville Kortexania Hathaw Texas V Pretorix Palindream Fuoco Amore Anima Amore Lossalvadores Dyr Nasad VI Lorddoom Haeresim01 Haeresim05

A note to my fellow Texans:

If you need (or have) any Epic cards, I've got over 600 for sale. I've got Buy orders in on pretty much all the rest. Buying for .50, selling for .85 (for the most part). Check it out!

Safj

I sold you Lord Doom. This evening I will try to check my other nations for the remaining cards.

Black box recorder

I've just banned "Jennifer Government". Chew on that, Mr. Barry!

Trecdom2, Indian Empire, and Trump kingdom of walls

Good news: Finally got a NewTexas card! :P

At this time, for a complete set of all nations in Texas, I am still in need of the following cards:

UPDATED:
Easter egg hunters The empire of texas Kortexania Hathaw Haeresim01 Haeresim05

If you own these cards, please sell them to me. I have offers on all of them, but I will raise the price if you will sell them to me. I'd like to have the set complete before time is up.

***** Texas Saturday Breakfast *****

WaHootie! It is Saturday Breakfast time again! Today we will be fulfilling Texans' breakfast dreams with a Saturday Muffin Fest! And man, do we have the muffins! We have plenty of plain ol' sweet muffins we are serving up with fresh creamery butter straight from the Bammel Dairy of Greenspoint. Like fruit? Check! For those looking for a little fruit in their muffin, we have blueberry muffins, dried cherry muffins, banana/pecan muffins and tart cranberry muffins. Not enough fruit for you? Go gonzo on theses double-fruit gems - orange-pineapple muffins and strawberry-banana muffins round out the healthy ones. Not healthy enough for you? We have super jumbo bran muffins! These suckers will make you more right than Ted Cruz! For the extreme health-conscious, we have whole-wheat carrot oatmeal bran muffins. For the less so, we have chocolate chip muffins and chocolate muffins and even chocolate chocolate chip muffins. Poppy seed muffins are available for the adventurous (don't eat more than a couple if you are headed in for a drug test). We even have corn muffins if your breakfast tastes lean more to the savory than sweet. So, feed your muffin top today and eat some muffins! We will open up The Juice Bar with all the standard juices - Orange, Apple, Grapefruit & Tomato. This week's funky stuff is, drumroll please, Lavender Wheatgrass!!! Try "The Suicide" - all the juices, in one glass - we dare you! It doesn't get much better than this! Start your day off the right way; munch out and go back to sleep. Of course, The Never Ending Urn of Coffee is full and ready to help you wash it all down. Come on down and start your day right Texas. You know you want to!

***** Texas March Madness Announcement *****

March Madness is history and big 'ol Texas Congratulations go out to The Cypher Nine of Forest! They took the top spot in the tournament. Yours truly, NewTexas took second and one of Safj's two brackets took third. Cheers to all who played and followed along!

***** Texas Election Reminder *****

In Texas Election News, the First Trimester 2018 Texas Elections Speech & Campaign Week is winding down. This Election is very calm compared to the last one when it comes to speeches. There are not very many of them and all are quite civil. No Confidence is the sleeper candidate and is running in every Cabinet race. A couple of Cabinet candidates have made speeches, a couple of candidates have not. We are sure that will change soon (* dings Head Speech Writer *). This is just the kind of foothold No Confidence likes. The same goes for the Texas Representative Council nominees, none of whom have made a single speech in the ten-nation race for five positions.

Election Week starts Sunday, April 8, 2018, at High Noon Texas Time (GMT -6). So you only have about 1 days if you have any more speeches to make before voting starts for your Texas Cabinet and Texas Representative Council positions. We always enjoy speeches and there is plenty of room for more. Candidates can take it right down to the wire when the polls close but sooner is definitely better than later.

If you would like to make some Constitutional Amendments, Repeals to offer and or would like to propose new Articles, then you also only have until April 8th - Tomorrow! Or, if you just have questions on how this works, there is a link to the forum at the top of this page and a link to more information at the top of the page on the offsite forum! Just to be clear:

http://s2.zetaboards.com/Texas/forum/3000040/

Let's go Texas! Election Week begins TOMORROW!, shortly after noon. Get out there and make your Speeches candidates or make changes to the Constitution. Threads are up and waiting! Let's go Texas!

***** NationStates April Fools Reminder *****

Less than nine hours left for trades! Shore up your deck now!

***** Texas Chat Reminder *****

The Texas Weekly Chat Session will be Saturday (TODAY) at High Noon Texas Time (CDT) ***Saturday***. And, if you can't be there right at Noon, that is Ok, Texas Chat usually runs 3, 4, 5 hours with some Chats running as high as 7 or 8 hours. The current record is a marathon fifteen hours forty-nine minutes starting on April 1, 2017, and ending on April 2, 2017.

The Texas Chat Site is here: http://texasregion.net/blab70/login.php

Please register with your nation name. This is a great opportunity for nations old and new to Texas to find out what is going on! We chat, we debate, we talk about the weather, we talk about stuff we like, stuff we hate, random stuff and more stuff. But, it is never stuffy. Usually, it is about meeting your fellow Texans and talking about the latest and most interesting stuff in NationStates at the moment. But then again, sometimes NationStates does not even come up. It is wide-open chatting with peeps from around The World both IRL and NS. It is Texans, EuroTexans, WannabeTexans, ex-Texans, and plenty of Friends of Texans. We have it all and all are welcome. Texas Chat, 683 weeks and running! For the math-challenged, that is over 13 years! Check it out! Good stuff!

Thank you Thank you, it has been an honor to bring the cup back to Forest. I will make sure to remind Palos Heights frequently of how honored we are. :P

NewTexas wrote:***** Texas Saturday Breakfast *****

WaHootie! It is Saturday Breakfast time again! Today we will be fulfilling Texans' breakfast dreams with a Saturday Muffin Fest! And man, do we have the muffins! We have plenty of plain ol' sweet muffins we are serving up with fresh creamery butter straight from the Bammel Dairy of Greenspoint. Like fruit? Check! For those looking for a little fruit in their muffin, we have blueberry muffins, dried cherry muffins, banana/pecan muffins and tart cranberry muffins. Not enough fruit for you? Go gonzo on theses double-fruit gems - orange-pineapple muffins and strawberry-banana muffins round out the healthy ones. Not healthy enough for you? We have super jumbo bran muffins! These suckers will make you more right than Ted Cruz! For the extreme health-conscious, we have whole-wheat carrot oatmeal bran muffins. For the less so, we have chocolate chip muffins and chocolate muffins and even chocolate chocolate chip muffins. Poppy seed muffins are available for the adventurous (don't eat more than a couple if you are headed in for a drug test). We even have corn muffins if your breakfast tastes lean more to the savory than sweet. So, feed your muffin top today and eat some muffins! We will open up The Juice Bar with all the standard juices - Orange, Apple, Grapefruit & Tomato. This week's funky stuff is, drumroll please, Lavender Wheatgrass!!! Try "The Suicide" - all the juices, in one glass - we dare you! It doesn't get much better than this! Start your day off the right way; munch out and go back to sleep. Of course, The Never Ending Urn of Coffee is full and ready to help you wash it all down. Come on down and start your day right Texas. You know you want to!

***** Texas March Madness Announcement *****

March Madness is history and big 'ol Texas Congratulations go out to The Cypher Nine of Forest! They took the top spot in the tournament. Yours truly, NewTexas took second and one of Safj's two brackets took third. Cheers to all who played and followed along!

***** Texas Election Reminder *****

In Texas Election News, the First Trimester 2018 Texas Elections Speech & Campaign Week is winding down. This Election is very calm compared to the last one when it comes to speeches. There are not very many of them and all are quite civil. No Confidence is the sleeper candidate and is running in every Cabinet race. A couple of Cabinet candidates have made speeches, a couple of candidates have not. We are sure that will change soon (* dings Head Speech Writer *). This is just the kind of foothold No Confidence likes. The same goes for the Texas Representative Council nominees, none of whom have made a single speech in the ten-nation race for five positions.

Election Week starts Sunday, April 8, 2018, at High Noon Texas Time (GMT -6). So you only have about 1 days if you have any more speeches to make before voting starts for your Texas Cabinet and Texas Representative Council positions. We always enjoy speeches and there is plenty of room for more. Candidates can take it right down to the wire when the polls close but sooner is definitely better than later.

If you would like to make some Constitutional Amendments, Repeals to offer and or would like to propose new Articles, then you also only have until April 8th - Tomorrow! Or, if you just have questions on how this works, there is a link to the forum at the top of this page and a link to more information at the top of the page on the offsite forum! Just to be clear:

http://s2.zetaboards.com/Texas/forum/3000040/

Let's go Texas! Election Week begins TOMORROW!, shortly after noon. Get out there and make your Speeches candidates or make changes to the Constitution. Threads are up and waiting! Let's go Texas!

***** NationStates April Fools Reminder *****

Less than nine hours left for trades! Shore up your deck now!

***** Texas Chat Reminder *****

The Texas Weekly Chat Session will be Saturday (TODAY) at High Noon Texas Time (CDT) ***Saturday***. And, if you can't be there right at Noon, that is Ok, Texas Chat usually runs 3, 4, 5 hours with some Chats running as high as 7 or 8 hours. The current record is a marathon fifteen hours forty-nine minutes starting on April 1, 2017, and ending on April 2, 2017.

The Texas Chat Site is here: http://texasregion.net/blab70/login.php

Please register with your nation name. This is a great opportunity for nations old and new to Texas to find out what is going on! We chat, we debate, we talk about the weather, we talk about stuff we like, stuff we hate, random stuff and more stuff. But, it is never stuffy. Usually, it is about meeting your fellow Texans and talking about the latest and most interesting stuff in NationStates at the moment. But then again, sometimes NationStates does not even come up. It is wide-open chatting with peeps from around The World both IRL and NS. It is Texans, EuroTexans, WannabeTexans, ex-Texans, and plenty of Friends of Texans. We have it all and all are welcome. Texas Chat, 683 weeks and running! For the math-challenged, that is over 13 years! Check it out! Good stuff!

This tourney was nuts. Shame the brackets were busted but hot damn was that some good March Madness. Thanks for the invite to play guys!

The Cypher Nine wrote:Thank you Thank you, it has been an honor to bring the cup back to Forest. I will make sure to remind Palos Heights frequently of how honored we are. :P

Haha jokes on you I still had a good time. Congrats Cypher!

Greetings again Texas
In case you didn't know my name is Sarah McGowan and I'm running to be your representative this trimester. The reason I want to be re-elected to the council is because I think I can make a good difference. If I got re-elected I wouldn't be the only representative for the region. We would all be because I would be very willing to take ideas from you guys. The other reason I would be a good representative is that I'm not afraid to voice my opinions or stand up for what I believe in. I have some really cool ideas for 2018 that would be great for Texas. One of my ideas was that we could do more discussing and debating on more issues if you to vote for me as your council representative.

I would like to represent all of you this year again and contribute my strongest dedication to our council. As your representative, I will voice your ideas and insight to the council as well as make my own contributions to the region.
I believe I qualify for this responsibility for a few reasons. First of all, I am an extremely dedicated person, and am willing to cut out whatever time it takes, whenever it is, to make Texas an even better place. I am also organized and responsible, and I can say in complete veracity that I will convey your opinions and my own to the council as well as inform you of anything you should know.
Ultimately, my goal is to help everyone and newcomers live up to its our regions motto by being a part of Texas Representative Council, however long it may be.

Thank you all and good luck to my fellow candidates

**** New WA Resolution Notification *****

There is currently a new Security Council Resolution at vote. When expressing your opinion, please note which Resolution it is for. And remember Texans, your individual vote does count!

The new Resolution is called:
"Condemn Union Of Confederate Regions
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation Nominee: Union of Confederate Regions Proposed by: New Ex Patria

The Security Council,

Noting that the Union of Confederate Regions is"...

<see the Security Council for full text and to vote>

Synopsis: The Security Council attempts to reward evil. No Stars. NewTexas will go on record as AGAINST on this Resolution. This is only the opinion of NewTexas. We look forward to other Texans' opinions and comments on this Resolution. If good arguments to the contrary are made, we will reconsider our position.

The Texas response was flat on the last SC vote -- Commend Wintony -- which was passed after gaining 75.0% of the vote. As a reminder, all we are looking for is a simple 10% of Texans to say one way or another. We are a force for change in the WA. Every vote counts! There were 3 publicly-expressed opinions on the last Resolution with the final Texas tally running 0 FOR and 3 AGAINST and 0 ABSTAIN and 0 UNDECIDED. Texans were unanimous! Yay!

If you would like to take part in shaping the world you live in, please vote. Voting is a right and a privilege, please consider using it. And, if you are not a member of the World Assembly, we strongly encourage you to join.

All Texas WA Member nations please vote. Please make your Texan opinions known in Texas by 11:00 PM Wednesday and in the World Assembly voting booth by 11:00 AM Texas Time on Thursday the 12th. Current voting in The World is running - Votes FOR: 3740 Votes AGAINST: 4918

Big Tex

PS: Remember, be sure to vote at the World Assembly too!

***** State of The Region Address *****

April 8, 2018

Greetings Citizens of Texas!

It is our great pleasure to announce that the nomination process is over and so are the speeches for the 2018 First Trimester Texas Elections. As always, this is going to be an interesting Election. Not only will every Cabinet-level position be taking on No Confidence, but every Cabinet position is contested for the first time in quite some time. The still-new Secretary of State has 3 contenders to fend off if he wants to keep his job. The returning Secretary of WA Affairs, Indian Empire, is splitting himself by running for WA Affairs and Defense but is contested in each by new Cabinet contender Seeker Alpha in WA Affairs and the current Sec-O-State as well as perennial nominee Darth Kermit in Defense. Oh, we really want to see how that race goes! Any and all would be excellent in that position. Pins and Needles, Pins and Needles peeps! That leaves the Lieutenant Governor race which is far from decided. Sarah of Lewisville Texas is looking to be the #2 in Texas but has incumbent Hiram to beat. It will be a tough fight out there peeps! We hope it all sorts out to everyone's satisfaction. Not to be discounted, there is always No Confidence representing "None of the Above" lurking, lurking. They can be a fierce competitor. We wish them all luck.

The Texas Representative Council race is going to be good too. Not only are all 7 Cabinet contenders on the ballot (in case No Confidence wins), but so are 5 others made up of a nice mix of incumbents, former officeholders and new seekers to Texas Government service. That makes 12 running for the 5 positions open. Of course, if a Cabinet Member wins their race, the votes for them for TRC are tossed out.

In Constitutional actions, we got nothing. That is ok. That simply means we have a stable, quality Constitution.

The following is the slate the new Texas Government. This next week will be a time for each Texan, as of March 25, 2018, to vote on the offsite forum. Voting is open to both those who are registered and those who are not, however, if you are not registered, you will have to post an "Add Reply" to the message to register your vote. There are instructions pinned to the top of the forum (Please read them before voting!). The Polls will close Sunday, April 15, 2018, at 11:59 am (High Noon Texas Time). Shortly after that, we will announce the winners of the 2018 First Trimester Texas Elections!

We encourage Texans to participate in the voting process on the offsite forum:

http://s2.zetaboards.com/Texas/forum/3000040/

Or, it can be navigated to by starting at the NationStates Texas Forum->Texas Election Commission->Current Elections.

Congratulations to all the Candidates!

Governor (non-elected)
The Incorporated NationStates of NewTexas

Lieutenant Governor
The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins
The City of Lewisville Texas

Secretary of Defense
The Galactic Muppets of Darth Kermit
The Federation of Trecdom2
The Social Republic of Indian Empire

Secretary of State
The Federation of Trecdom2
The Liberal Democracy of Seeker Alpha
The Serene Compassionate Utopia of Safj
The City of Lewisville Texas

Secretary of WA Affairs
The Social Republic of Indian Empire
The Liberal Democracy of Seeker Alpha

Texas Representative Council (5 to be elected)
The Galactic Muppets of Darth Kermit
The Barnes-Free Conglomerate of Ewing Oil Co
The Galactic Empire of Gig em Aggies
The Concordium of Independent Planets
The Social Republic of Indian Empire
The Oppressed Peoples of Issues Test Bed
The City of Lewisville Texas
The Serene Compassionate Utopia of Safj
The Liberal Democracy of Seeker Alpha
The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins
The Federation of Trecdom2
The Southeast Texan Republic of United States of Woodward

Constitutional Issues
-- None --

Long Live The Great Region of Texas!

Big Tex
Governor of Texas

I really don't understand why people are so caught up in the fact that raider regions treat condemnations as awards. I don't think they're meant to make them change, but rather to tell people that many countries don't approve of their behavior.

Hello everyone,

This is Emmett wishing all election candidates the best of luck and may the best candidates win the election. :)

Who kidnapped Spring? This 2nd Winter stuff is getting old.

Trecdom2 wrote:Who kidnapped Spring? This 2nd Winter stuff is getting old.

The white walkers are to blame.

Good luck to all of the candidates in the upcoming election!

Pointe Rose wrote:Good luck to all of the candidates in the upcoming election!

I would like to take my name out of the running since i might not be able to do come on due to IRL job stuff

**** New WA Resolution Notification *****

There is currently a new General Assembly Resolution at vote. When expressing your opinion, please note which Resolution it is for. And remember Texans, your individual vote does count!

The new Resolution is called:
"Ban On Statutory Limitations For Heinous Crimes
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights Strength: Mild Proposed by: Auralia

Recognizing the moral depravity of war crimes, crimes against humanity, and crimes against peace"...

<see the General Assembly for full text and to vote>

Synopsis: The General Assembly wants to be able to prosecute war criminals regardless of when the crime was committed. How nice of them. Two Stars. NewTexas will go on record as FOR on this Resolution. This is only the opinion of NewTexas. We look forward to other Texans' opinions and comments on this Resolution. If good arguments to the contrary are made, we will reconsider our position.

The Texas response was flat on the last GA vote -- Convention On Foreign Political Corruption -- which was passed after gaining 77.1% of the vote. As a reminder, all we are looking for is a simple 10% of Texans to say one way or another. We are a force for change in the WA. Every vote counts! There were 3 publicly-expressed opinions on the last Resolution with the final Texas tally running 0 FOR and 3 AGAINST and 0 ABSTAIN and 0 UNDECIDED. Texans were unanimous! Yay!

If you would like to take part in shaping the world you live in, please vote. Voting is a right and a privilege, please consider using it. And, if you are not a member of the World Assembly, we strongly encourage you to join.

All Texas WA Member nations please vote. Please make your Texan opinions known in Texas by 11:00 PM Friday and in the World Assembly voting booth by 11:00 AM Texas Time on Saturday the 14th. Current voting in The World is running - Votes FOR: 8525 Votes AGAINST: 2684

Big Tex

PS: Remember, be sure to vote at the World Assembly too!

Edit: Mistakenly had the wrong opinion expressed - thank you, Mr. Secretary of WA Affairs for pointing that out.

Longhornsfanmarshall

Too bad I missed the April Fools NS trading thing. I was busy with my WA Nation in TITO. *sighs*

**** New WA Resolution Notification *****

There is currently a new Security Council Resolution at vote. When expressing your opinion, please note which Resolution it is for. And remember Texans, your individual vote does count!

The new Resolution is called:
"Repeal: "Liberate Femdom Empire"
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal Resolution: SC#248 Proposed by: Tinhampton

Security Council Resolution #248 "Liberate Femdom Empire" shall be struck out"...

<see the Security Council for full text and to vote>

Synopsis: The Security Council attempts to undo a wrong it made in the first place. Three Stars. NewTexas will go on record as FOR on this Resolution. This is only the opinion of NewTexas. We look forward to other Texans' opinions and comments on this Resolution. If good arguments to the contrary are made, we will reconsider our position.

The Texas response was flat on the last SC vote -- Condemn Union Of Confederate Regions -- which was defeated after gaining only 34.9% of the vote. As a reminder, all we are looking for is a simple 10% of Texans to say one way or another. We are a force for change in the WA. Every vote counts! There were 3 publicly-expressed opinions on the last Resolution with the final Texas tally running 0 FOR and 3 AGAINST and 0 ABSTAIN and 0 UNDECIDED. Texans were unanimous! Yay!

If you would like to take part in shaping the world you live in, please vote. Voting is a right and a privilege, please consider using it. And, if you are not a member of the World Assembly, we strongly encourage you to join.

All Texas WA Member nations please vote. Please make your Texan opinions known in Texas by 11:00 PM Sunday and in the World Assembly voting booth by 11:00 AM Texas Time on Monday the 16th. Current voting in The World is running - Votes FOR: 8789 Votes AGAINST: 1193

Big Tex

PS: Remember, be sure to vote at the World Assembly too!

Gig em Aggies wrote:I would like to take my name out of the running since i might not be able to do come on due to IRL job stuff

But, but, but...

Issues Test Bed wrote:But, but, but...

No buts Mr..... do I have to get out the belt cause I will.

«12. . .594595596597598599600. . .610611»