by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Texas Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

«12. . .543544545546547548549. . .574575»

***** Texas Saturday Breakfast *****

Yahootie! Saturday breakfast time! We are going to keep it simple, very simple today. Today is Plain Ol' Texas Breakfast! This is a low key affair with just standard ol' breakfast grub. We will be serving bacon, eggs, and toast. Nothing more, nothing less. We will let you choose between fried or scrambled on the eggs and white or wheat on the toast. No Juice Bar today, just Orange Juice in a ridiculously small glass. And milk, ice cold milk. It doesn't get much better than this, well, maybe it does... Start your day off the right way, munch out and go back to sleep. Of course, The Never Ending Urn of Coffee is full and ready to help you wash it all down. Come on down and start your day right Texas. You know you want to!

***** Texas Election Reminder *****

In Texas Election News, the Second Trimester 2017 Texas Elections Speech & Campaign Week is winding down. It is looking like it going to be a peaceful race. There has been very little mudslinging this Election. No Confidence is the sleeper candidate and is running in every Cabinet race. A couple of Cabinet candidates have made speeches, a couple of candidates have not. We are sure that will change soon (* dings Head Speech Writer *). This is just the kind of foothold No Confidence likes. The same goes for the Texas Representative Council nominees.

Election Week starts Sunday, August 13, 2017, at High Noon Texas Time (GMT -6). So you only have about 1 days if you have any more speeches to make before voting starts for your Texas Cabinet and Texas Representative Council positions. We always enjoy speeches and there is plenty of room for more. Candidates can take it right down to the wire when the polls close but sooner is definitely better than later.

If you would like to make some Constitutional Amendments, Repeals to offer and or would like to propose new Articles, then you also only have until August 13th - Tomorrow! Or, if you just have questions on how this works, there is a link to the forum at the top of this page and a link to more information at the top of the page on the offsite forum! Just to be clear:

http://z1.invisionfree.com/Texas/index.php?showforum=269

Let's go Texas! Election Week begins TOMORROW!, shortly after noon. Get out there and make your Speeches candidates or make changes to the Constitution. Threads are up and waiting! Let's go Texas!

***** Texas Birthday Reminder *****

Happy Birthday to the esteemed Wysterian Ambassador to Texas, Abigail Augusta Dowling of Picos elissa de los tres valles! Please join us on the offsite forum wishing her a big ol' Happy Birthday! There is a card posted, we hope you all get to sign it! Or, wish her a happy one here! Congratulations Ambassador D!

***** Texas Chat Reminder *****

The Texas Weekly Chat Session will be Saturday (TODAY) at High Noon Texas Time (CDT) ***Saturday***. And, if you can't be there right at Noon, that is Ok, Texas Chat usually runs 3, 4, 5 hours with some Chats running as high as 7 or 8 hours. The current record is a marathon fifteen hours forty-nine minutes starting on April 1, 2017, and ending on April 2, 2017.

The Texas Chat Site is here: http://texasregion.net/blab70/login.php

Please register with your nation name. This is a great opportunity for nations old and new to Texas to find out what is going on! We chat, we debate, we talk about the weather, we talk about stuff we like, stuff we hate, random stuff and more stuff. But, it is never stuffy. Usually, it is about meeting your fellow Texans and talking about the latest and most interesting stuff in NationStates at the moment. But then again, sometimes NationStates does not even come up. It is wide-open chatting with peeps from around The World both IRL and NS. It is Texans, EuroTexans, WannabeTexans, ex-Texans, and plenty of Friends of Texans. We have it all and all are welcome. Texas Chat, 652 weeks and running! For the math-challenged, that is over 13 years! Check it out! Good stuff!

Indian Empire

My office has been a bit quiet this quarter. All I can say is win or lose, I'm proud to have served and will (hopefully) continue to do so, whether it is in this position, or as your Secretary of Defense.

I, this time around, am serving as the Texas Representative for the Cross-Regional games. Just one more thing for the resume. I have also been on the TDF missions this term. Hopefully I can continue to do so. Also on the resume, general activity with voting on WA Proposals.

Long live Texas! And I hope y'all vote for me!

Well, well well, here we are... I certainly didn't expect to be nominated for this position. Let me just outline my resume:

I've served on both the TRC and as a cabinet member more recently. I've also been a defender past and present, in the past with UDL and in the present with TDF. I also have participated in TDF missions this term.

Regardless of whether you vote me for this or Secretary of WA Affairs, I hope I can continue to serve this region well and hopefully either get re-elected to my current spot or a win here.

Long Live Texas! And hopefully your vote is for me on voting week!

#1 in Texas for most advanced defense forces........Cheif Justice gets up on stage......this requires a speech I shall in the words of the Queen

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRykRZSTj9hYujW3QtrhrMr_4x-pFfrHoRN_o8YbmeLfGvPipMa

And I wont forget my true idol

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/ce/ce89a73817ed25b81aef597d64771a63a30151c6e37b65b1deca47238e36a6b5.jpg

Studly Penguins and South Aztlan

nucular

Greetings Y'all!!!!!!!

It's almost been five years since we first got up here and gave a speech asking for your faith and vote as your Lieutenant Governor for this great region. Now once again I am here humbly seeking your vote once again. Being your Lt. Governor has been and still is one of the best honors and privileges of our time in NS.

In the last trimester we seen the Texas recruitment initiative go into full swing. We had good success as the population soared over 200 nations for a while. In the next go around we are seeking new ideas for not only recruiting, but to get these nations to want to stay here/or stay active once they do arrive here. Also it's been great to see the TRC continue to become more and more active and we hope to see that continue into the future.

Thanks again for all of your help and cooperation over the years and look forward to continuing to serve you all!!!

Indian Empire

***** State of The Region Address *****

August 13, 2017

Greetings Citizens of Texas!

It is our great pleasure to announce that the nomination process is over and so are the speeches for the 2017 Second Trimester Texas Elections. This is going to be an interesting Election. As usual, every Cabinet-level position will be taking on No Confidence. And, three of the four Cabinet-level positions have numerous contenders. We will have a new Secretary of State as Pharaoh Richard takes a long-deserved rest this Trimester. We do not know if having so many candidates is a subtle no confidence thing against the incumbents or if the ones who nominated all were just beefing up the races. It will be a tough fight out there peeps! Both Trecdom2 and Indian Empire are running for two positions! We hope that all sorts out to everyone's satisfaction. And then there is always No Confidence representing "None of the Above". They can be a fierce competitor. We wish them all luck.

The Texas Representative Council race is going to be good too. Not only are all 7 Cabinet contenders on the ballot (in case No Confidence wins), but so are 4 others made up of a mix of incumbents and new-to-Texas-Government contenders. Both Issues Test Bed and Shemiki are new to Texas this Trimester and both are ready to help mold Texas in their image! God get 'em "new dudes"! That makes 11 running for the 5 positions open. Of course, if a Cabinet Member wins their race, the votes for them for TRC are tossed out.

In Constitutional actions, we got nothing. That is ok. That simply means we have a stable, quality Constitution.

The following is the slate the new Texas Government. This next week will be a time for each Texan, as of July 30, 2017, to vote on the offsite forum. Voting is open to both those who are registered and those who are not, however, if you are not registered, you will have to post an "Add Reply" to the message to register your vote. There are instructions pinned to the top of the forum (Please read them before voting!). The Polls will close Sunday, August 20, 2017, at 11:59 am (High Noon Texas Time). Shortly after that, we will announce the winners in the 2017 Second Trimester Texas Elections!

We encourage Texans to participate in the voting process on the offsite forum:

http://z1.invisionfree.com/Texas/index.php?showforum=269

Or, it can be navigated to by starting at the NationStates Texas Forum->Texas Election Commission->Current Elections.

Congratulations to all the Candidates!

Governor (non-elected)
NewTexas

Lieutenant Governor
Studly Penguins

Secretary of State
Safj
Trecdom2

Secretary of Defense
Indian Empire
Trecdom2
United States of Woodward

Secretary of WA Affairs
Gig em Aggies
Indian Empire
Issues Test Bed

Texas Representative Council (5 to be elected)
Clear creek
Dennisov
Gig em Aggies
Indian Empire
Issues Test Bed
Lewisville Texas
Safj
Shemiki
Studly Penguins
Trecdom2
United States of Woodward

Constitutional Issues
-- None --

Long Live The Great Region of Texas!

Big Tex
Governor of Texas

Trecdom2, South Aztlan, and Indian Empire

Cough syrup and toothpaste actually isn't that bad of a combo. Both are strong flavors, so the second one overpowers the first. Not like toothpaste and OJ which is nasty

Trecdom2 wrote:Cough syrup and toothpaste actually isn't that bad of a combo. Both are strong flavors, so the second one overpowers the first. Not like toothpaste and OJ which is nasty

Bet your pardon? Is that what the kids are doing these days cough syrup and toothpaste?

Gig em Aggies wrote:Bet your pardon? Is that what the kids are doing these days cough syrup and toothpaste?

Nah... http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/middle-schoolers-snorting-smarties-candy-droves-article-1.1585876

Looks like kids are snorting smarties...

Indian Empire wrote:Nah... http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/middle-schoolers-snorting-smarties-candy-droves-article-1.1585876

Looks like kids are snorting smarties...

And I thought the kids at school in my day were dumb for playing "The Choking Game".

No, it's what happens when you have a cold and take medicine before bed. I don't place much stock in the smarties stories, likely just a myth someone reported as news.

Gig em Aggies wrote:#1 in Texas for most advanced defense forces........Cheif Justice gets up on stage......this requires a speech I shall in the words of the Queen

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRykRZSTj9hYujW3QtrhrMr_4x-pFfrHoRN_o8YbmeLfGvPipMa

And I wont forget my true idol

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/ce/ce89a73817ed25b81aef597d64771a63a30151c6e37b65b1deca47238e36a6b5.jpg

I've got the Most Advanced Law Enforcement in the sector

Studly Penguins

South Aztlan wrote:I've got the Most Advanced Law Enforcement in the sector

Okay Mr smarty pants if you shall not kneel before Zod then we shall see who is better #1 advanced defense forces or #1 advanced law enforcement. Lol

Gig em Aggies wrote:Okay Mr smarty pants if you shall not kneel before Zod then we shall see who is better #1 advanced defense forces or #1 advanced law enforcement. Lol

First of all, Im not a Mister, I'm not even a man. Second of all I don't know who or what Zod is, and I won't bow down to it, but how about you meet ODIN And DS-3??

Gig em Aggies and Issues Test Bed

South Aztlan wrote:First of all, Im not a Mister, I'm not even a man. Second of all I don't know who or what Zod is, and I won't bow down to it, but how about you meet ODIN And DS-3??

sorry you've been gone so long I forgot. anyway General Zod appears in Superman: The Movie (1978) and Superman II (1980), portrayed by actor Terence Stamp. which is where the popular meme kneel before Zod comes from. back to IC...... fine then they to shall feel the wrath of my mighty forces

South Aztlan and Indian Empire

Kryptonite! Get your Kryptonite! Nice and fresh, still glowing bright! Get it while it is hot!

NewTexas

**** New WA Resolution Notification *****

There is currently a new Security Council Resolution at vote. When expressing your opinion, please note which Resolution it is for. And remember Texans, your individual vote does count!

The new Resolution is called:
"Condemn Reventus Koth
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation Nominee: Reventus Koth Proposed by: The Sygian

The Security Council,

Observing that The Reborn and Reloaded of Reventus Koth, otherwise referred to as Koth, is"...

<see the Security Council for full text and to vote>

Ugh! A new Condemnation of the invader du jour. Reventus Koth, a nation born a mere 16 months ago in April 2016 is the target this time. Like most invader Condemnations, their exploits detailed above reads like chapter synopses from "How To Be A Dick And Be Proud Of It". They probably should be condemned. They seem to be responsible for much grief if the author is to be believed. We would give them the condemnation, but they would probably like that. We think invaders want Condemnations to wear as a shiny badge of badassness. We think most will agree that no one wants to reward a douchebag for being a douchebag. We don't. Invaders suck. Let's send these authors a big STFU! NewTexas will go on record as AGAINST on this Resolution. This is only the opinion of NewTexas. We look forward to other Texans' opinions and comments on this Resolution. If good arguments to the contrary are made, we will reconsider our position.

The Texas response was up on the last SC vote -- Commend Christian Democrats -- which was defeated after gaining only 27.2% of the vote. As a reminder, all we are looking for is a simple 10% of Texans to say one way or another. We are a force for change in the WA. Every vote counts! There were 7 publicly-expressed opinions on the last Resolution with the final Texas tally running 6 FOR and 1 AGAINST and 0 ABSTAIN and 0 UNDECIDED. Texans were almost unanimous.

NewTexas has already voted on this Resolution in advance of publicly expressed opinions. We did this at the urging of many leaders in the World Assembly. As we have been saying for years, Texas is a force in the WA. Many feel that Texas can influence the overall vote if it votes first. There is an observed "lemming effect" that occurs during voting. Apparently, a large number of votes are cast based on whichever side of the issue is leading when voters vote. Therefore, to get the most impact from our vote, we are now voting first. We will re-evaluate our original vote at midnight prior to the current vote. As always, we are open to suggestions on how we should vote on this Resolution to most accurately reflect the opinion of the populace. Comments are welcome from all nations, both WA Members as well as those who are not. Please make your voice heard on the current issue either on this message board or on our offsite message board. But, by all means, please vote on the WA Page!

If you would like to take part in shaping the world you live in, please vote. Voting is a right and a privilege, please consider using it. And, if you are not a member of the World Assembly, we strongly encourage you to join.

All WA Member nations please vote. Please make your opinions known in Texas by 11:00 PM Thursday and in the World Assembly voting booth by 11:00 PM Texas Time on Friday the 18th. Current voting in The World is running - Votes FOR: 7268 Votes AGAINST: 1115

Big Tex

PS: Remember, be sure to vote at the World Assembly too!

Indian Empire and The atheist community of austin

Well, thank you very much for the flowery insults. I'd like to address a particular point that you cherry picked for your little rant, though. Yes, my nation of Reventus Koth isn't very old. But it's the main nation I post on the forum with nowadays. I've been playing NationStates since 2007, so painting me as a complete noob is disingenuous. But so is calling me all of those nice names.

The most fun day of my NationStates career was the day I knocked you out of your seat for a hot minute. I guess because of my organization, you've only been delegate of Texas for two and a half years by your own logic?

-Koth

The atheist community of austin

Valtarre wrote:Well, thank you very much for the flowery insults. I'd like to address a particular point that you cherry picked for your little rant, though. Yes, my nation of Reventus Koth isn't very old. But it's the main nation I post on the forum with nowadays. I've been playing NationStates since 2007, so painting me as a complete noob is disingenuous. But so is calling me all of those nice names.

The most fun day of my NationStates career was the day I knocked you out of your seat for a hot minute. I guess because of my organization, you've only been delegate of Texas for two and a half years by your own logic?

-Koth

Fun Fact: You may have restarted the WA Delegate counter, but Texas will always remember the Alamo!

Even if your exploits impress your invader buddies, they mean nothing to the good citizens of Texas. I don't care if you've invaded dozens of regions or just talk a big game, you are all just low-life thugs.

Keep slinging your ad hominem attacks at me all you want, but just remember that you will never see a raider returning the favor like this. We use our region's strength do the talking, we don't have to rely on insults and personal attacks to get our job done. If our accomplishments truly did mean so little to you, and you truly cared as little as you say you do, you wouldn't feel the need to come at me as strongly as you have. Food for thought.

Valtarre wrote:Well, thank you very much for the flowery insults. I'd like to address a particular point that you cherry picked for your little rant, though. Yes, my nation of Reventus Koth isn't very old. But it's the main nation I post on the forum with nowadays. I've been playing NationStates since 2007, so painting me as a complete noob is disingenuous. But so is calling me all of those nice names.

The most fun day of my NationStates career was the day I knocked you out of your seat for a hot minute. I guess because of my organization, you've only been delegate of Texas for two and a half years by your own logic?

-Koth

"I am offended that you've called me names! Now let me completely validate the reasons you had to insult me in the first place!"

Think what you'd like, but it's not some high level debate theory at work here: the ones slinging insults instead of engaging in civil discourse regarding a Security Council proposal are the ones whom the international community should be looking down upon, not me. Dislike the completely legal and, god forbid, actually interesting activities I've engaged in that have earned me a condemnation all you want, but you don't know me. To insinuate all of these nasty things about me as a person because of some in-game actions I've taken make the people of Texas look bad.

Valtarre wrote:Think what you'd like, but it's not some high level debate theory at work here: the ones slinging insults instead of engaging in civil discourse regarding a Security Council proposal are the ones whom the international community should be looking down upon, not me. Dislike the completely legal and, god forbid, actually interesting activities I've engaged in that have earned me a condemnation all you want, but you don't know me. To insinuate all of these nasty things about me as a person because of some in-game actions I've taken make the people of Texas look bad.

"I can't refute your points, and we vehemently disagree on my chosen activities with NS, but I'm having fun and you can't stop me!"

No one here has insinuated that you are a bad person, only that your activities within NS are what the citizens of Texas deem to be reprehensible. If you feel that you have to defend yourself from such opinions, and that those opinions are a reflection on you as a person outside of NS, perhaps you secretly feel that you have something to be ashamed of? Or, if you cannot handle people stating their opinions of your activities without taking it personally, might I suggest alternative behavior in NS that does not attract such vitriol and ire? Maybe play a game where you might get along better with others? I'd recommend Duck, Duck, Goose for starters.

You are perfectly within your right to be an invader, no one here would argue against that. However, it is perfectly within our rights to speak out against you and your kind, to defend invaded regions, and fight against any sort of commendation that you might receive for your activities.

What "civil discourse" did you expect to be had here? You come into a region of known defenders, as a known invader, and expect civility? What possible argument could you give to sway the people here from their staunch rejection of your behavior? You are either exceptionally naive, or intentionally malicious, and I have serious doubts that you are at all naive.

Goddess Relief Office

Safj wrote:"I can't refute your points, and we vehemently disagree on my chosen activities with NS, but I'm having fun and you can't stop me!"

No one here has insinuated that you are a bad person, only that your activities within NS are what the citizens of Texas deem to be reprehensible. If you feel that you have to defend yourself from such opinions, and that those opinions are a reflection on you as a person outside of NS, perhaps you secretly feel that you have something to be ashamed of? Or, if you cannot handle people stating their opinions of your activities without taking it personally, might I suggest alternative behavior in NS that does not attract such vitriol and ire? Maybe play a game where you might get along better with others? I'd recommend Duck, Duck, Goose for starters.

You are perfectly within your right to be an invader, no one here would argue against that. However, it is perfectly within our rights to speak out against you and your kind, to defend invaded regions, and fight against any sort of commendation that you might receive for your activities.

What "civil discourse" did you expect to be had here? You come into a region of known defenders, as a known invader, and expect civility? What possible argument could you give to sway the people here from their staunch rejection of your behavior? You are either exceptionally naive, or intentionally malicious, and I have serious doubts that you are at all naive.

"No one here has insinuated that you are a bad person"? Your founder called me a dick and a douchebag right out of the gate, and another native called me a low-life thug. If you're trying to justify all that as in-character, try a bit harder, because I'm not convinced.

Don't try to psychoanalyze me. I have nothing to be ashamed of. I also struggle to see how I "can't handle" the personal attacks directed towards me. Do you see me crying and running to the mods because some defenders called me names? No, I'm here in your territory, sticking my neck out, because I like to argue and I'm interested in seeing peoples' reactions to my condemnation across the game and interacting with them. Which is why I was disappointed that the best Texas could come up with to argue against the proposal was a bunch of name calling and inaccuracies. That reflects badly on your region, not me.

Speak out against me all you'd like, I'm interested in hearing some new thoughts that haven't been hashed out over and over again for 15 years until all that's left is tactless ad hominem. Fight against this proposal all you want, my first post on this RMB was only to point out some issues I had with NewTexas' reasoning. I'm not gonna throw a s*** fit because people aren't unanimously on my side -- I'd just rather the ones that aren't be worth engaging at all.

And yeah, god forbid I expect civility from a region that's so gung ho about the righteous defender cause. If nothing else, this little visit shows who the real classy ones are on NS. At least you've been willing to argue with me without stooping to the level of your regionmates, for the most part.

By the way, malice is kinda my thing. Read the proposal sometime, I even couped Osiris in the name of Malice.

Valtarre wrote:"No one here has insinuated that you are a bad person"? Your founder called me a dick and a douchebag right out of the gate, and another native called me a low-life thug. If you're trying to justify all that as in-character, try a bit harder, because I'm not convinced.

Don't try to psychoanalyze me. I have nothing to be ashamed of. I also struggle to see how I "can't handle" the personal attacks directed towards me. Do you see me crying and running to the mods because some defenders called me names? No, I'm here in your territory, sticking my neck out, because I like to argue and I'm interested in seeing peoples' reactions to my condemnation across the game and interacting with them. Which is why I was disappointed that the best Texas could come up with to argue against the proposal was a bunch of name calling and inaccuracies. That reflects badly on your region, not me.

Speak out against me all you'd like, I'm interested in hearing some new thoughts that haven't been hashed out over and over again for 15 years until all that's left is tactless ad hominem. Fight against this proposal all you want, my first post on this RMB was only to point out some issues I had with NewTexas' reasoning. I'm not gonna throw a s*** fit because people aren't unanimously on my side -- I'd just rather the ones that aren't be worth engaging at all.

And yeah, god forbid I expect civility from a region that's so gung ho about the righteous defender cause. If nothing else, this little visit shows who the real classy ones are on NS. At least you've been willing to argue with me without stooping to the level of your regionmates, for the most part.

By the way, malice is kinda my thing. Read the proposal sometime, I even couped Osiris in the name of Malice.

I have no interest in engaging in dialogue any further. I have no interest in hearing the rationale for your actions. It does not interest me in the slightest, and only gives you the attention you are clearly desperately seeking. Why else would one intrude unprovoked where they aren't wanted? Defending yourself from disparagement and logical fallacies is a poor argument for your motives here, and only serves as a paper-thin veil to the reality of your egocentric behavior. After all, you clearly don't feel bad for what you have done, so what difference does it make what we think of what you are doing?

Any arguments that could be had will not change my mind on my opinion of your actions, nor will you convince me of whatever redeeming value you find in them. Arguing for arguing's sake is a fool's game, and I certainly wouldn't want to come down to your level. Any kind of discourse with you only feeds into your overpowering ego. I have far better things to do with my time.

«12. . .543544545546547548549. . .574575»