by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Sonindia Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .299300301302303304305. . .311312»

YoungGunners As the Prime Minister I think you should be the one to show other nations how to obey the laws 😂
I wanna remind you that up to two posts in the row are allowed.

Europaterre wrote:YoungGunners As the Prime Minister I think you should be the one to show other nations how to obey the laws 😂
I wanna remind you that up to two posts in the row are allowed.

Shhhhh it's okay cause I'm replying to people ;), and the middle one doesn't count :P

Hallo everyone! I'm new to this region, what's it like here?

YoungGunners wrote:Also to further on Kobanie's reply here... do you believe capital punishment to be the best way to deal with murderers?

I don't agree with this because of 2 reasons:
1) Innocent people can be convicted wrongfully
2) This constitues cruel and unusual punishment

When combined, consider that an innocent person convicted of rape has been forcibly sterilised. This procedure cannot be undone, the trauma of a procedure like this when done foribly cannot be taken away. If that doesn't change your mind, imagine the person wrongfully convicted was you. It's easy to say rapists deserve to be sterilised, but these are much larger and more complicated issues

I do understand your point but i believe it is a risk we must take. Maybe I have another look at it then you becouse we live in different countries but I am going to try to let you also understand my vision.
- Canada (that's your country?) has a much smaller criminal number then western Europe.
- Mureders get free after 15 years here and rapers after 5 years of prison. Much rapers just start over again after that, sometimes with deathly ending.
- The chances to get someone wrong declared guilty are minimal (the law says that you must be absolutely sure).
-The prisons are full and it is difficult to build new ones (nobody wants one in his neighborhood)
- chemical castration is temporary. So it can be undone

Kobanie wrote:I agree, sterilization is the best way to stop rapists and should be an available punishment for sexual crimes.

I donít have any personal experience with rape, but sterilisation... I hardly think that the motive behind the majority of rapings is to impregnate a person.

Correct me if Iím wrong, but a sterilised person can still rape or commit sexual crimes, just not get the victim pregnant - something that could also be achieved through an abortion if it came to that.

The Divine Emperor, His Divine Grace AV Selvapandian Announces the 6 billionth Nagathar is born!

On this momentous time in history the 6 billionth Nagathar has been born. The Imperial Census has concluded it is most likely that the child who was the six billionth of us was Vijaykumar Lakshman, followed by his twin sister: Meena Lakshman. The family will be brought to the Capital to celebrate the great number with The Divine Emperor himself at a feast and perform a ritual of thanksgiving at the Heavenly Temple Grounds in Pudukottai. Both children will be honoured by the Divine Emperor at both venues. The family was a Shudra family in the Theni district, who's names will be forever enshrined on Imperial Tapestries!

HAIL TO THE EMPIRE!
HAIL SONINDIA!
Rule Republica!

Leaterternland wrote:Hallo everyone! I'm new to this region, what's it like here?

Ahoy! You can expect just about anything here all the way from senseless memes to RP to political debate to helping defend other region if you join the SAAF. The community is fairly kind and helpful as well as passionate. Be warned some people get a bit too passionate at times and make things a little intense, but this doesnít happen too often and the good passion easily outweighs it. Hope you have a wonderful time in this great republic!

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar wrote:The Divine Emperor, His Divine Grace AV Selvapandian Announces the 6 billionth Nagathar is born!

On this momentous time in history the 6 billionth Nagathar has been born. The Imperial Census has concluded it is most likely that the child who was the six billionth of us was Vijaykumar Lakshman, followed by his twin sister: Meena Lakshman. The family will be brought to the Capital to celebrate the great number with The Divine Emperor himself at a feast and perform a ritual of thanksgiving at the Heavenly Temple Grounds in Pudukottai. Both children will be honoured by the Divine Emperor at both venues. The family was a Shudra family in the Theni district, who's names will be forever enshrined on Imperial Tapestries!

HAIL TO THE EMPIRE!
HAIL SONINDIA!
Rule Republica!

Congratulations! You went through much more trouble to celebrate that family then we did with our one billionth; gave them a pick and told them to get back to work. Argh kargh kargh kargh kargh 😂

Gardred wrote:I donít have any personal experience with rape, but sterilisation... I hardly think that the motive behind the majority of rapings is to impregnate a person.

Correct me if Iím wrong, but a sterilised person can still rape or commit sexual crimes, just not get the victim pregnant - something that could also be achieved through an abortion if it came to that.

If stops their testosteron production which makes them less to almost not sexual active anymore.

For vooperia wrote:First line: This argument is about sterilization, so if your suggesting something different but out until your suggestion comes a long.
Second line: I am beginning to question if you know the meaning of common sense. Meaning: "good sense and sound judgment in practical matters." You are not having a "sound judgement" nor are you having a "good sense". This is also not a practical matter. So please do not tell us we do not have common sense.

I am very sorry for writing post that was misunderstood.
I meant that no laws are needed for trivial cases. The things that are all people understand anyway should not go into laws, the common sense must be allowed to be used by society, by judges etc. (I was not in any way referring to common sense of people here). I am against laws that achieves very marginal things. I am against them because while no single law alone can make things worse.. But when you have 2000 such laws - then you have situation when no individual can know all the laws. And then crooks start arguing: they are allowed to abuse society since their specific abuse case is not written specifically in the law. That is happening in real world right now.

I also meant I am not aware that this sterilization is a problem anywhere. It is not abused in the world.

I also did not argue that sterilization must be used for population control. However I simply noted that I agree with Nagatar that it must not be viewed as inherently bad think. As for human rights and punishment argument I would argue that from my point of view, just maybe, sterilization is more human punishment than say death sentence. And just maybe, there is crimes and situations that deserve it. Especially situations! Please note, this law is meant for future hypothetical scenario, because right now no country abuses it (I believe). And hypothetically speaking you can have hundreds of examples when sterilization would be good. Like lets suppose disease breaks out that makes babies of ill people born deformed.. what should we do?

Hello Everyone, What Is There To Do In This Region?

Morogrand wrote:Hello Everyone, What Is There To Do In This Region?

A lot!
Regional politics to improve the region and where everyone has a voice:
https://discord.gg/FHGRVRQ
Our regional military which fights against the invading regions:
https://discord.gg/fPNzdjE
And our RP server:
https://discord.gg/2EMSU4m

Hello everyone! I'm new here! (Well, old to the site but then had to take a 2-year hiatus). Anyway, hiya! How is everyone?

Okay so I just looked at the map. It looks good. It looks fairly a lot like the real world except a few pieces are merged here and there. And I looked at the policies of this region and it seems that this is going to be a classical type of region.

So is this more like Bronze Age, Iron Age? Classical Greece? Eritrea? Ancient Egypt? What year does this takes place because I am now interested! I really love history so applying early ships into my nation would be very nice. Crafting sword, shields, archers? That would be cool. :)

Ozian Republics wrote:Okay so I just looked at the map. It looks good. It looks fairly a lot like the real world except a few pieces are merged here and there. And I looked at the policies of this region and it seems that this is going to be a classical type of region.

So is this more like Bronze Age, Iron Age? Classical Greece? Eritrea? Ancient Egypt? What year does this takes place because I am now interested! I really love history so applying early ships into my nation would be very nice. Crafting sword, shields, archers? That would be cool. :)

I don't know or that rp is still alive, I didn't participate in it so idk. Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar can probably tell you.
But if you want to rp, you are welcome anyways in our more modern rp. Here is the link:
https://discord.gg/2EMSU4m

I just sent the map link to where I want to be placed. Hopefully its at a reasonable size lol.

Leaterternland wrote:Hallo everyone! I'm new to this region, what's it like here?

You can start by embracing socialism, comrade.

Norrlands wrote:O hey, I'm back.

Welcome back! Itís been a while.

You missed a lot.....

Ultior wrote:Welcome back! Itís been a while.

You missed a lot.....

Probably for the better... Was dealing with some issues IRL =P Nothing uber-serious, but I needed a tiny surgery XD

Ozian Republics wrote:NORLAND

OZIN!

Norrlands wrote:Probably for the better... Was dealing with some issues IRL =P Nothing uber-serious, but I needed a tiny surgery XD

I see.

Well, I'm glad that you are back now.

Edit: According to the RMB, you left Sonindia right before Isla Elsaa became PM. I'm sure you can figure out how that ended from reading the RMB.

Ultior wrote:I see.

Well, I'm glad that you are back now.

Edit: According to the RMB, you left Sonindia right before Isla Elsaa became PM. I'm sure you can figure out how that ended from reading the RMB.

Is there a TL;DR? From what I remember from Isla Elsaa, I assume it all went to f***all.

morning :) it's been a while since I had lodged anything.

Gomark wrote:morning :) it's been a while since I had lodged anything.

Good morning to you!

Norrlands wrote:Is there a TL;DR? From what I remember from Isla Elsaa, I assume it all went to f***all.

Welcome back, Norr. They tried to coup the region, and was ejected and banned, but not before harassing everyone.

Now they are CTE.

EDIT:

I would like to offer a sincere send-away to our recently CTE member: Democraticrepublicofaaron. He has been with us in Sonindia since the very beginning, and to see him go is saddening beyond belief. Goodbye, Aaron.

«12. . .299300301302303304305. . .311312»

Advertisement