WA Delegate: The Celestial Empire of Bathor (elected )
Embassies: Singapore Island, the Rejected Realms, Forest, The Socialist States of the Philippines, The Free Nations Region, Yggdrasil, Kappa Region, Solidarian Fleet, Mediterranean, Sweden, Cashnatchee, Kingdom Of Austria, New World Alliance, Holy Byzantine Eurasian Confederacy, Portugal, Supporters of Liverpool Football Club, and 20 others.International Union, Homelands, Dispatchia, Oceania, The Illuminati, Indopacific, International Debating Area, India, Polls Center with drinks, Serendipity, The Sanctuary of Blue Diamond, The Loravian Archipelago, Regionless, Japan, AEGIS Alliance, The Affiliation of Allied States, Lazarus, Kingdoms of Abisa, The NewsStand, and Tanah Melayu.
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Healthiest Citizens in Singapore
A measure of the general physical health of citizens in each nation.
As a region, Singapore is ranked 3,006th in the world for Healthiest Citizens.
|1.||The UM Parliamentary Republic of Singapore no2||Democratic Socialists||“Progress can only be achieved with a firm hand.”|
|2.||The Joyful Steampunk Queendom of Alanis Star||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“Sunshine, Rainbows, Happiness all around, Hooray !!! :D”|
|3.||The Imperium of Byritannia||New York Times Democracy||“强国富民”|
|4.||The Celestial Empire of Bathor||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“黑暗逃避，光依然存在”|
|5.||The အံ့ဘွယ်စရာ ကြောင် ကမ္ဘာ of Valentine Z||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Cheers, love ! The cavalry's here !”|
|6.||The Lost and Found General of Tinkburg||Left-Leaning College State||“Majulah Singapura”|
|7.||The Republic of Loch Coney||New York Times Democracy||“Strength Through Freedom”|
|8.||The Federal Republic of Hanbando||Iron Fist Consumerists||“The Shield of Singapore ”|
|9.||The Confederacy of Ocean Bees||Anarchy||“Peace and Justice”|
|10.||The Holy Empire of Harks||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Alea jacta est”|
Last poll: “What is your stance on CHEWING GUM?”
- : The Celestial Empire of Bathor deleted a regional poll.
- : The Celestial Empire of Bathor created a new regional poll: "Which country would America fare better in a war against now?".
- : The UM Parliamentary Republic of Singapore no2 rejected The Turtle Isles's request for regional embassies.
- : Embassy established between Singapore and Tanah Melayu.
- : The People's Republic of Mitch01 of the region The Turtle Isles proposed constructing embassies.
- : Embassy cancelled between Redditmalaysia and Singapore.
- : The UM Parliamentary Republic of Singapore no2 created a new regional poll: "What is your stance on CHEWING GUM?".
- : The UM Parliamentary Republic of Singapore no2 agreed to construct embassies with Tanah Melayu.
- : Embassy established between Singapore and The NewsStand.
- : The Federal Republic of Priangan of the region Tanah Melayu proposed constructing embassies.
Singapore Regional Message Board
Issue: Too few cooks in the kitchen.
I chose Option 3.
The Talking Point
The nation's latest batch of politicians include internet comedians, an alleged serial killer, and a highly trained Cat.
Alanis Star was reclassified from a Left-wing Utopia to a Scandinavian Liberal Paradise.
Alanis Star's Political Freedoms fell from Superb to Below Average.
NOOOO, A STREAK OF BAD CHOICES! * Cries in Spanish *
So the only reason why you don't wanna see the ban lifted is because it would cut back your extra pocket money. ; )
The resistance against a ban of guns is partially symbolic but I think it would also have a huge real impact on the society and industry.
In contrast to that, Singaporeans don't care if chewing gum is banned since they can chew anyway, and/or for many (young) Singaporeans chewing never became a habit/desire anyway. (Not sure how the people reacted to the ban back then?).
So, looking as an outsider at Singapore, the chewing gum ban gives the impression of a super authoritarian government that can do what ever it likes to do, banning stupid, harmless things overnight for almost no reason, taking away the freedom of the people. (When you live here it doesn't feel like that though).
Lifting the ban would give a signal to the people in Singapore like 'hey, actually you Singaporean people can also have chewing gum like all other people on this planet because you are civilized enough now. We trust you.'
I'm surprised that gums aren't biodegradable yet?
O.o I thought that they were.
Most depressing reddit topic I've been on
Why can't gamblers just invest in the stock market? There's plenty of risk-taking too.
Indeed, the standard gum isn't degradable. While strangely in some rare cases some chewing standard gums suddenly 'powderized' in my mouth?! Pretty unexpected and disgusting.
Has it ever happened to any one?
I heard of people that really are addicted to gambling machines. At least when I was a kid. Quite hard to imagine for me though, never found it interesting.
Nope, but throughout my life, I have swallowed 2-3 gums, some toothpaste, and even some Listerine. I even managed to take 6 x Vitamin C 500 mg (I got 4998 % of Daily Requirement on that day) tablets at one point. And all of this happened WHEN I WAS A MERE 8-10 YEARS OLD. How am I still alive is a mystery.
Hmm, for the gambling machines? Actually, to be honest, I don't mind spending a hundred or less on a jackpot machine (or blackjack); I can't play poker. Like one comment I saw on Cracked.com (6 realities of casinos; they're more disgusting than you think*), if I started working, I might set aside $50 per month as a gambling fund.
- If I got more than $50 from the winnings, I'll keep the extra for my own usage.
- If I lost the $50, well, it's pleasure, and I didn't bet large, so all is well. For the future me, DO NOT TOP UP once you lose the $50. You get $50/mth to play, that's it.
Yep. That's my plan, anyway. Small doses are fine, but it isn't healthy if one keeps spending hundreds or thousands and losing them.
* Not sure about MBS, but the casinos in, say, Las Vegas, are disgusting. Let's just say that the customers lose track of time, and some don't bother to go to the toilet for... relief. And that the chairs need to be sent for deep-cleaning now and then.
On gambling...Horse Sense is that quality that horses have that keeps them from betting on what people will do. :P