by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Seycelles RMB

WA Delegate: The Empire of The Strongest Fairy and the True Queen (elected )

Founder: The Armed Republic of Inner Mer Themsstan

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

World Factbook Entry

A currently unstable Region, followed with many diffrent princibles of running a nation.



  1. 1

    Our Code

    FactbookLegislation by Naknek . 13 reads.

  2. 1

    Our Constitution

    FactbookLegislation by Naknek . 10 reads.

Tags: Cyberpunk, Password, and Small.

Seycelles contains 10 nations, the 1,631st most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Most Scientifically Advanced in Seycelles

World Census researchers quantified national scientific advancement by quizzing random citizens about quantum chromodynamics, space-time curvature and stem cell rejuvenation therapies. Responses based on Star Trek were discarded.

As a region, Seycelles is ranked 3,053rd in the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Based Commonwealth of Peoples Republic of XabiaInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Call me Kurt Angle.”
2.The Incorporated States of 1337istanLeft-wing Utopia“We did it for the lulz”
3.The Empire of The Strongest Fairy and the True QueenIron Fist Socialists“I am the strongest fairy!”
4.The Holy Empire of The Swedish CorporationsCorporate Police State“Pride and Industry”
5.The Commonwealth of Principia NaturalisLeft-Leaning College State“All things through Science”
6.The Republic of NaknekNew York Times Democracy“Agriculture, Industry, Commerce, Mining, and Tourism”
7.The Republic of AteliCorporate Police State“Pride and Industry”
8.The Federal Republic of SchibbolethFather Knows Best State“Service guarantees citizenship”
9.The Armed Republic of Inner Mer ThemsstanIron Fist Consumerists“Might Makes Right”
10.The Free Land of TxaCorrupt Dictatorship“Loli is love, loli is life”

Last poll: “Resolved, that the Code Act be approved.”

Regional Happenings

More...

Seycelles Regional Message Board

I apologize for my tardiness, I had a rather emotional night. As compensation I've put extra thought into my contributions for today's convention. I've bolded the current propositions and underlined my votes and propositions for readability.

1. Only nations which are maintained by persons who are registered members of the TSUKI Project and notify the founder or the delegate on its chat system of their nation, may join Seycelles. From then on, remaining within Seycelles is a matter of right, as long as the person maintaining the nation is not unregistered or transgressed, and then only for as long as the unregistration or the transgression persists.

Aye

"Resolved, that paragraph 1 is approved in its entirety."

Aye

2. The delegate of Seycelles is the nation determined by the internal processes of NationStates and can exercise the powers of one under this constitution so long as it is a legal member of Seycelles. No legal member may be removed from Seycelles or placed in danger thereof solely because of whom it endorses or does not endorse. References herein to the founder of Seycelles shall be stricken if he is absent from NationStates for a period of fourteen days or more without reasonable excuse or notification.

Aye

"Resolved, that paragraph 2 is approved in its entirety."

Aye

3. The legislature of Seycelles consists of all nations who are its members. It may make laws to clarify and interpret this constitution, but it may not make laws to guarantee civil and political rights to individual citizens of its members—these matters are reserved to the members themselves.

Aye

4. No person may claim to hold or exercise the powers of an office or position within Seycelles, but upon election by the legislature and appointment by the delegate and the founder (not necessarily in that order).

Aye

However, I'm concerned that in the absence of either the delegate or the founder that this law will restrict the ability to appoint someone to office.

I propose an alternative condition of supermajority for elections to office.

"Resolved, that Amendment 4 include an alternative condition of a 5/6 supermajority for elections to office in the absence of either the delegate or the founder"

"Resolved, that "3" shall be substituted for "X" , wherever occurring, in paragraph 5".

I believe that considering we may have more members in the future it would make more sense to require 1/3 (rounded up) of legislature to be present for a session to be valid (as opposed to 1/4, that's only 2 people right now), and for a 3/4 vote of all present members to be the condition upon which legislation gains effect. I noticed you talked about this with Mack, that's why I added the "present members" bit, it only applies to the members present at any given session.

Therefore I vote nay, and counter-propose:

"Resolved, that paragraph 5 be changed to require 1/3 (rounded up) of legislature to be present for a session to be valid, and for a 3/4 vote of all present members to be the condition upon which legislation gains effect"

5. No session of the legislature is valid unless at least X number of members participate in it. No act passed by the legislature has effect unless at least X votes are cast in it (excluding abstentions), and unless it is passed by a majority of the voters. Nonetheless, to avoid doubt this constitution explicitly states that every member of the legislature has the right to attend, speak, and propose bills in it, including the president, except as punishment for a crime created of an offender convicted by the legislature.

Aye

6. Amendments to bills shall be dealt with and proposed as if they were bills, but Y votes only shall be sufficient to pass an amendment. Nevertheless, amendments that substitute the full text of a bill for another are not to be processed as amendments under the first sentence of this paragraph, and bills electing officers shall not be amended.

Aye

"Resolved, that the following be added to the end of paragraph 6: 'The value of Y shall be determined by the legislature as its first order of business. The bill for that purpose may not be amended, but Y must be less than 3.'"

Aye

However in keeping with my initial proposition, I also propose that:

"Resolved, that Y in paragraph 6 be changed to 3/4 of present members"

7. The legislature of Seycelles shall be presided over by either the delegate or the founder, and no session of the legislature shall begin without both being present and available. The legislature may elect a president, either as their deputy or to replace their position, and paragraph 3 applies to that election as it applies to any other position.

Aye

8. If Seycelles is invaded or otherwise affected by an in-game calamity, all its members are expected to contribute to repel the invasion or to defeat the calamity and reestablish peace and security. A nation which intentionally refuses to render such contribution forfeits its membership in Seycelles.

Aye

9. This constitution is amendable only by unanimous expressed consent of every member. Before being voted on, the amendment must be discussed for a sufficient amount of time for all arguments for and against it to be presented and replied to. The consent of members who have been completely inactive within NationStates for one week or more, need not be obtained. When the number of nations in Seycelles exceeds twelve, this constitution shall be amendable by a five-sixths majority, rather than by unanimous consent, but the remainder of this paragraph shall continue to have effect.

Aye

10. A colony of a nation located within Seycelles that is also located within Seycelles, is, for the purposes of this constitution, considered to be one with the controlling nation. A nation that attempts to use a colony to increase its voting power or dilute that of other nations, shall be expelled along with its colony if it is discovered by the legislature. Until there are twenty-four unique nations in Seycelles, every nation may maintain as many colonies as it desires, provided it is marked as such by having a flag identical to that of the maintainer, for use in defense against occupiers attempting to install an illegal delegate.

Aye

11. No nation shall be expelled from Seycelles under the second sentences of paragraphs 8 and 10, without it having had an opportunity to explain or defend itself, whereas expulsion under and for violating paragraph 1 may be done summarily. Failure to provide such an opportunity is grounds for removal from office, while knowingly fabricating any evidence to obtain expulsion is itself grounds for expulsion. Proceedings under the previous sentence shall be initiated upon an objection by any member of the legislature.

Aye

I think that paragraph 11 should also include its protections to itself for the purposes of the second sentence, so:

"Resolved, that paragraph 11 should also include its protections to itself for the purposes of the second sentence"

12. Until there are Z nations in Seycelles, this constitution shall not have effect. Offices may be appointed by the founder alone, and laws may be made by the president of the legislature alone, (who shall be appointed by the founder). The founder may, with the concurrence of the president of the legislature, take this constitution into effect sooner.

"Resolved, that in the motion setting Z to 10"

Aye

Wew. Anything that I missed or that you would like clarification on?

Principia Naturalis wrote:I apologize for my tardiness, I had a rather emotional night. As compensation I've put extra thought into my contributions for today's convention. I've bolded the current propositions and underlined my votes and propositions for readability.

1. Only nations which are maintained by persons who are registered members of the TSUKI Project and notify the founder or the delegate on its chat system of their nation, may join Seycelles. From then on, remaining within Seycelles is a matter of right, as long as the person maintaining the nation is not unregistered or transgressed, and then only for as long as the unregistration or the transgression persists.

Aye

"Resolved, that paragraph 1 is approved in its entirety."

Aye

2. The delegate of Seycelles is the nation determined by the internal processes of NationStates and can exercise the powers of one under this constitution so long as it is a legal member of Seycelles. No legal member may be removed from Seycelles or placed in danger thereof solely because of whom it endorses or does not endorse. References herein to the founder of Seycelles shall be stricken if he is absent from NationStates for a period of fourteen days or more without reasonable excuse or notification.

Aye

"Resolved, that paragraph 2 is approved in its entirety."

Aye

3. The legislature of Seycelles consists of all nations who are its members. It may make laws to clarify and interpret this constitution, but it may not make laws to guarantee civil and political rights to individual citizens of its members—these matters are reserved to the members themselves.

Aye

4. No person may claim to hold or exercise the powers of an office or position within Seycelles, but upon election by the legislature and appointment by the delegate and the founder (not necessarily in that order).

Aye

However, I'm concerned that in the absence of either the delegate or the founder that this law will restrict the ability to appoint someone to office.

I propose an alternative condition of supermajority for elections to office.

"Resolved, that Amendment 4 include an alternative condition of a 5/6 supermajority for elections to office in the absence of either the delegate or the founder"

"Resolved, that "3" shall be substituted for "X" , wherever occurring, in paragraph 5".

I believe that considering we may have more members in the future it would make more sense to require 1/3 (rounded up) of legislature to be present for a session to be valid (as opposed to 1/4, that's only 2 people right now), and for a 3/4 vote of all present members to be the condition upon which legislation gains effect. I noticed you talked about this with Mack, that's why I added the "present members" bit, it only applies to the members present at any given session.

Therefore I vote nay, and counter-propose:

"Resolved, that paragraph 5 be changed to require 1/3 (rounded up) of legislature to be present for a session to be valid, and for a 3/4 vote of all present members to be the condition upon which legislation gains effect"

5. No session of the legislature is valid unless at least X number of members participate in it. No act passed by the legislature has effect unless at least X votes are cast in it (excluding abstentions), and unless it is passed by a majority of the voters. Nonetheless, to avoid doubt this constitution explicitly states that every member of the legislature has the right to attend, speak, and propose bills in it, including the president, except as punishment for a crime created of an offender convicted by the legislature.

Aye

6. Amendments to bills shall be dealt with and proposed as if they were bills, but Y votes only shall be sufficient to pass an amendment. Nevertheless, amendments that substitute the full text of a bill for another are not to be processed as amendments under the first sentence of this paragraph, and bills electing officers shall not be amended.

Aye

"Resolved, that the following be added to the end of paragraph 6: 'The value of Y shall be determined by the legislature as its first order of business. The bill for that purpose may not be amended, but Y must be less than 3.'"

Aye

However in keeping with my initial proposition, I also propose that:

"Resolved, that Y in paragraph 6 be changed to 3/4 of present members"

7. The legislature of Seycelles shall be presided over by either the delegate or the founder, and no session of the legislature shall begin without both being present and available. The legislature may elect a president, either as their deputy or to replace their position, and paragraph 3 applies to that election as it applies to any other position.

Aye

8. If Seycelles is invaded or otherwise affected by an in-game calamity, all its members are expected to contribute to repel the invasion or to defeat the calamity and reestablish peace and security. A nation which intentionally refuses to render such contribution forfeits its membership in Seycelles.

Aye

9. This constitution is amendable only by unanimous expressed consent of every member. Before being voted on, the amendment must be discussed for a sufficient amount of time for all arguments for and against it to be presented and replied to. The consent of members who have been completely inactive within NationStates for one week or more, need not be obtained. When the number of nations in Seycelles exceeds twelve, this constitution shall be amendable by a five-sixths majority, rather than by unanimous consent, but the remainder of this paragraph shall continue to have effect.

Aye

10. A colony of a nation located within Seycelles that is also located within Seycelles, is, for the purposes of this constitution, considered to be one with the controlling nation. A nation that attempts to use a colony to increase its voting power or dilute that of other nations, shall be expelled along with its colony if it is discovered by the legislature. Until there are twenty-four unique nations in Seycelles, every nation may maintain as many colonies as it desires, provided it is marked as such by having a flag identical to that of the maintainer, for use in defense against occupiers attempting to install an illegal delegate.

Aye

11. No nation shall be expelled from Seycelles under the second sentences of paragraphs 8 and 10, without it having had an opportunity to explain or defend itself, whereas expulsion under and for violating paragraph 1 may be done summarily. Failure to provide such an opportunity is grounds for removal from office, while knowingly fabricating any evidence to obtain expulsion is itself grounds for expulsion. Proceedings under the previous sentence shall be initiated upon an objection by any member of the legislature.

Aye

I think that paragraph 11 should also include its protections to itself for the purposes of the second sentence, so:

"Resolved, that paragraph 11 should also include its protections to itself for the purposes of the second sentence"

12. Until there are Z nations in Seycelles, this constitution shall not have effect. Offices may be appointed by the founder alone, and laws may be made by the president of the legislature alone, (who shall be appointed by the founder). The founder may, with the concurrence of the president of the legislature, take this constitution into effect sooner.

"Resolved, that in the motion setting Z to 10"

Aye

Wew. Anything that I missed or that you would like clarification on?

Thank you for your effort. I apologize for my tardiness as well, but I was sleeping.

5/6 supermajority: The second sentence of paragraph 2 already covers situations where the founder is absent. If the delegate is absent, we could just endorse another person as there are no limitations on endorsement. Therefore I vote nay.
X should be 1/3, 3/4 vote required to pass laws: We changed it to 1/4. I think as we grow bigger it will be impracticable to have a 1/3 quorum. Therefore I vote nay on the first part, but aye on the second.
Y should be 3/4: You can't vote yes on both, as they are contradictory. But I wanted amendments to have a lower majority than full bills, precisely because of what we have seen tonight. We'd waste too much time trying to get a 3/4 majority.
Paragraph 11: It says "to obtain an expulsion" in general, so it covers all expulsions, not just those specific penal provisions.

Naknek wrote:Thank you for your effort. I apologize for my tardiness as well, but I was sleeping.

5/6 supermajority: The second sentence of paragraph 2 already covers situations where the founder is absent. If the delegate is absent, we could just endorse another person as there are no limitations on endorsement. Therefore I vote nay.
X should be 1/3, 3/4 vote required to pass laws: We changed it to 1/4. I think as we grow bigger it will be impracticable to have a 1/3 quorum. Therefore I vote nay on the first part, but aye on the second.
Y should be 3/4: You can't vote yes on both, as they are contradictory. But I wanted amendments to have a lower majority than full bills, precisely because of what we have seen tonight. We'd waste too much time trying to get a 3/4 majority.
Paragraph 11: It says "to obtain an expulsion" in general, so it covers all expulsions, not just those specific penal provisions.

In light of that I rescind my proposals for a 5/6 supermajority and for paragraph 11.

I think setting the vote to 1/4 makes it dangerously easy to pass laws, but I respect your decision.

I'm not sure I understand exactly how paragraph 6 and its supplementary are worded. Is it saying that amendments may be passed as long as they are greater than Y? If that's the case, then it makes even less sense to set Y to less than 3, as in a session with 4 or more members it would take less than a simple majority to pass laws. Assuming that is the meaning, I rescind my proposal to set Y to 3/4, and make a new proposal:

Resolved, that Y in paragraph 6 may be any number as long as it constitutes a simple majority of present members

I've Offically appointed the leader of The Republic of Naknek to the positional office of President of Legislature, This should make future law passings alot less hard to maintain.

If anyone has any objections, or complaints, quote this with an appropriate explanation why, and it will be taken into consideration.

Principia Naturalis wrote:In light of that I rescind my proposals for a 5/6 supermajority and for paragraph 11.

I think setting the vote to 1/4 makes it dangerously easy to pass laws, but I respect your decision.

I'm not sure I understand exactly how paragraph 6 and its supplementary are worded. Is it saying that amendments may be passed as long as they are greater than Y? If that's the case, then it makes even less sense to set Y to less than 3, as in a session with 4 or more members it would take less than a simple majority to pass laws. Assuming that is the meaning, I rescind my proposal to set Y to 3/4, and make a new proposal:

Resolved, that Y in paragraph 6 may be any number as long as it constitutes a simple majority of present members

I meant if Y votes are cast, than it will be enough. Oh, and, it says "amendments shall be dealt with as if they were bills", so the simple majority part in para 5 also applies to 6.

Naknek wrote:I meant if Y votes are cast, than it will be enough. Oh, and, it says "amendments shall be dealt with as if they were bills", so the simple majority part in para 5 also applies to 6.

Ok, that makes a lot more sense now, I rescind my last proposal.

My only concern is the 1/4 thing, but I think it's relatively minor in these early stages, and will be easy enough to fix later.

I have no further objections.

As for the last remaining votes, I vote Aye on the 1/4 session requirement, and Aye on the 3/4 quorum requirement for legislation.

Are we ready to attempt ratification?

I've notified two more nations about these proceedings so as to get their votes and opinions, let's get this rolling.

Naknek wrote:*bangs gavel*
*bangs gavel*
*bangs gavel*
I call this convention to order. The clerk will read paragraph 1.
1. Only nations which are maintained by persons who are registered members of the TSUKI Project and notify the founder or the delegate on its chat system of their nation, may join Seycelles. From then on, remaining within Seycelles is a matter of right, as long as the person maintaining the nation is not unregistered or transgressed, and then only for as long as the unregistration or the transgression persists.
To propose an amendment say "Resolved that '...' be replaced with '...'", or "that '...' be added to the end" or "after '...'" or "that '...' be deleted".

Aye.

Naknek wrote:The motion has passed with 3 ayes and 0 noes. The clerk will read paragraph 2.
2. The delegate of Seycelles is the nation determined by the internal processes of NationStates and can exercise the powers of one under this constitution so long as it is a legal member of Seycelles. No legal member may be removed from Seycelles or placed in danger thereof solely because of whom it endorses or does not endorse. References herein to the founder of Seycelles shall be stricken if he is absent from NationStates for a period of fourteen days or more without reasonable excuse or notification.

Aye.

Naknek wrote:The motion has passed with 2 ayes and 0 nays. (If you're a latecomer you can still vote on these! Just quote the particular paragraph). The clerk will read paragraph 3.
3. The legislature of Seycelles consists of all nations who are its members. It may make laws to clarify and interpret this constitution, but it may not make laws to guarantee civil and political rights to individual citizens of its members—these matters are reserved to the members themselves.

Aye.

Naknek wrote:The motion has passed 3-0.
4. No person may claim to hold or exercise the powers of an office or position within Seycelles, but upon election by the legislature and appointment by the delegate and the founder (not necessarily in that order).

Aye. Although voting doesn't matter so much to me.

Naknek wrote:Now here comes the fun part, because we need to determine how much X is.
I originally planned for X to be six, but since only 3 of us are here today this would effectively immobilize the legislature. So,
"Resolved, that "3" shall be substituted for "X" , wherever occurring, in paragraph 5".
5. No session of the legislature is valid unless at least X number of members participate in it. No act passed by the legislature has effect unless at least X votes are cast in it (excluding abstentions), and unless it is passed by a majority of the voters. Nonetheless, to avoid doubt this constitution explicitly states that every member of the legislature has the right to attend, speak, and propose bills in it, including the president, except as punishment for a crime created of an offender convicted by the legislature.

Aye.

Naknek wrote:Well then, we've been at it for a half hour and counting now, so let's wrap this up.
Reminder that if you miss this, you can still vote. If you want to discuss anything, we can go back and talk about it.
6. Amendments to bills shall be dealt with and proposed as if they were bills, but Y votes only shall be sufficient to pass an amendment. Nevertheless, amendments that substitute the full text of a bill for another are not to be processed as amendments under the first sentence of this paragraph, and bills electing officers shall not be amended.

Blank.

Naknek wrote: 7. The legislature of Seycelles shall be presided over by either the delegate or the founder, and no session of the legislature shall begin without both being present and available. The legislature may elect a president, either as their deputy or to replace their position, and paragraph 3 applies to that election as it applies to any other position.

Aye. Why not.

Naknek wrote:8. If Seycelles is invaded or otherwise affected by an in-game calamity, all its members are expected to contribute to repel the invasion or to defeat the calamity and reestablish peace and security. A nation which intentionally refuses to render such contribution forfeits its membership in Seycelles.

Aye. Wünderbart.

Naknek wrote:I'll just post the rest of the constitution on here, vote on it, and adjourn.
How's that?
9. This constitution is amendable only by unanimous expressed consent of every member. Before being voted on, the amendment must be discussed for a sufficient amount of time for all arguments for and against it to be presented and replied to. The consent of members who have been completely inactive within NationStates for one week or more, need not be obtained. When the number of nations in Seycelles exceeds twelve, this constitution shall be amendable by a five-sixths majority, rather than by unanimous consent, but the remainder of this paragraph shall continue to have effect.
10. A colony of a nation located within Seycelles that is also located within Seycelles, is, for the purposes of this constitution, considered to be one with the controlling nation. A nation that attempts to use a colony to increase its voting power or dilute that of other nations, shall be expelled along with its colony if it is discovered by the legislature. Until there are twenty-four unique nations in Seycelles, every nation may maintain as many colonies as it desires, provided it is marked as such by having a flag identical to that of the maintainer, for use in defense against occupiers attempting to install an illegal delegate.
11. No nation shall be expelled from Seycelles under the second sentences of paragraphs 8 and 10, without it having had an opportunity to explain or defend itself, whereas expulsion under and for violating paragraph 1 may be done summarily. Failure to provide such an opportunity is grounds for removal from office, while knowingly fabricating any evidence to obtain expulsion is itself grounds for expulsion. Proceedings under the previous sentence shall be initiated upon an objection by any member of the legislature.
12. Until there are Z nations in Seycelles, this constitution shall not have effect. Offices may be appointed by the founder alone, and laws may be made by the president of the legislature alone, (who shall be appointed by the founder). The founder may, with the concurrence of the president of the legislature, take this constitution into effect sooner.

9) Nay.
10) Aye.
11) Aye.

Regards, Mr. Björnson, foreign minister of the THESC

Principia Naturalis wrote:Ok, that makes a lot more sense now, I rescind my last proposal.

My only concern is the 1/4 thing, but I think it's relatively minor in these early stages, and will be easy enough to fix later.

I have no further objections.

As for the last remaining votes, I vote Aye on the 1/4 session requirement, and Aye on the 3/4 quorum requirement for legislation.

Are we ready to attempt ratification?

I think I can agree with changing the 1/4 to 1/3, and everything else looks good to me now.

Naknek wrote:*bangs gavel*
*bangs gavel*
*bangs gavel*
I call this convention to order. The clerk will read paragraph 1.
1. Only nations which are maintained by persons who are registered members of the TSUKI Project and notify the founder or the delegate on its chat system of their nation, may join Seycelles. From then on, remaining within Seycelles is a matter of right, as long as the person maintaining the nation is not unregistered or transgressed, and then only for as long as the unregistration or the transgression persists.
To propose an amendment say "Resolved that '...' be replaced with '...'", or "that '...' be added to the end" or "after '...'" or "that '...' be deleted".

Aye.

Naknek wrote:The motion has passed with 3 ayes and 0 noes. The clerk will read paragraph 2.
2. The delegate of Seycelles is the nation determined by the internal processes of NationStates and can exercise the powers of one under this constitution so long as it is a legal member of Seycelles. No legal member may be removed from Seycelles or placed in danger thereof solely because of whom it endorses or does not endorse. References herein to the founder of Seycelles shall be stricken if he is absent from NationStates for a period of fourteen days or more without reasonable excuse or notification.

Aye.

Naknek wrote:The motion has passed with 2 ayes and 0 nays. (If you're a latecomer you can still vote on these! Just quote the particular paragraph). The clerk will read paragraph 3.
3. The legislature of Seycelles consists of all nations who are its members. It may make laws to clarify and interpret this constitution, but it may not make laws to guarantee civil and political rights to individual citizens of its members—these matters are reserved to the members themselves.

Aye.

Naknek wrote:Now here comes the fun part, because we need to determine how much X is.
I originally planned for X to be six, but since only 3 of us are here today this would effectively immobilize the legislature. So,
"Resolved, that "3" shall be substituted for "X" , wherever occurring, in paragraph 5".
5. No session of the legislature is valid unless at least X number of members participate in it. No act passed by the legislature has effect unless at least X votes are cast in it (excluding abstentions), and unless it is passed by a majority of the voters. Nonetheless, to avoid doubt this constitution explicitly states that every member of the legislature has the right to attend, speak, and propose bills in it, including the president, except as punishment for a crime created of an offender convicted by the legislature.

Aye, aye.

Naknek wrote:Well then, we've been at it for a half hour and counting now, so let's wrap this up.
Reminder that if you miss this, you can still vote. If you want to discuss anything, we can go back and talk about it.
6. Amendments to bills shall be dealt with and proposed as if they were bills, but Y votes only shall be sufficient to pass an amendment. Nevertheless, amendments that substitute the full text of a bill for another are not to be processed as amendments under the first sentence of this paragraph, and bills electing officers shall not be amended.

Aye.

Naknek wrote:I'll just post the rest of the constitution on here, vote on it, and adjourn.
How's that?
9. This constitution is amendable only by unanimous expressed consent of every member. Before being voted on, the amendment must be discussed for a sufficient amount of time for all arguments for and against it to be presented and replied to. The consent of members who have been completely inactive within NationStates for one week or more, need not be obtained. When the number of nations in Seycelles exceeds twelve, this constitution shall be amendable by a five-sixths majority, rather than by unanimous consent, but the remainder of this paragraph shall continue to have effect.
10. A colony of a nation located within Seycelles that is also located within Seycelles, is, for the purposes of this constitution, considered to be one with the controlling nation. A nation that attempts to use a colony to increase its voting power or dilute that of other nations, shall be expelled along with its colony if it is discovered by the legislature. Until there are twenty-four unique nations in Seycelles, every nation may maintain as many colonies as it desires, provided it is marked as such by having a flag identical to that of the maintainer, for use in defense against occupiers attempting to install an illegal delegate.
11. No nation shall be expelled from Seycelles under the second sentences of paragraphs 8 and 10, without it having had an opportunity to explain or defend itself, whereas expulsion under and for violating paragraph 1 may be done summarily. Failure to provide such an opportunity is grounds for removal from office, while knowingly fabricating any evidence to obtain expulsion is itself grounds for expulsion. Proceedings under the previous sentence shall be initiated upon an objection by any member of the legislature.
12. Until there are Z nations in Seycelles, this constitution shall not have effect. Offices may be appointed by the founder alone, and laws may be made by the president of the legislature alone, (who shall be appointed by the founder). The founder may, with the concurrence of the president of the legislature, take this constitution into effect sooner.

9) Abstain.
10) Aye.
11) Aye.
12) Aye.

Forum View