WA Delegate: None.
Founder: The Community of Elrond Half-Elven
Rivendell contains 4 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Highest Crime Rates in Rivendell
World Census interns were dispatched to seedy back alleys in order to determine which nations have the highest crime rates.
As a region, Rivendell is ranked 7,554th in the world for Highest Crime Rates.
|1.||The Virgin Queendom of Liesbeth||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Carpe Diem”|
|2.||The People's Republic of Nhartomonnol||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Surely some revelation is at hand”|
|3.||The Principality of Lindir||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“To sheep other sheep no doubt appear different”|
|4.||The Community of Elrond Half-Elven||Corrupt Dictatorship||“Welcome to Imladris”|
- : The Republic of Slippery Slope departed this region for Tropic of Capricorn.
- : The Empire of Tri10 departed this region for Tropic of Capricorn.
- : The Republic of Slippery Slope arrived from Spear Danes.
- : The Empire of Tri10 arrived from Violet Irises.
- : The People's Republic of Nhartomonnol arrived from The South Pacific.
- : The Community of Elrond Half-Elven arrived from Balder.
- : The Virgin Queendom of Liesbeth arrived from Medieval eurasia.
- : Embassy cancelled between The island of numenor and Rivendell.
- : Regional Founder The Community of Elrond Half-Elven ceased to exist.
- : The Democratic States of Cooperutopia of the region The United Nationstates proposed constructing embassies.
Rivendell Regional Message Board
May I wish the Valley of Rivendell a pleasant holiday season.
Elvish Holiday Card
Artist: Petitpotato on Deviantart.
Greetings, Lord Elrond! I've brought my harp and my songbook.
Excellent! Let the dramatic poetry readings and the singing begin!
Before you ascend Misty Mountains
seek us for good food and wise council.
We'll let you carouse
in the last homely house
but please do not bathe in the fountains.
Middle Earth poll: Which original movie character is your favourite? page=poll/p=22022
Lindir/Figwit is a hybrid of sorts. Was introduced as a nameless original hanger-on in LOTR, and because of positive fan response to Figwit, reappeared in The Hobbit. He was then retroactively named Lindir, the character in LOTR who talks shop about poetry with Bilbo.
That means he's only partially an original character then?
It's too bad this scene is only included in the extended version. You get lots of time on screen in it.
I think we could say that Figwit was made into an only partially original character retroactively. I can't really recall anything which the Lindir in the Hobbit film has in common with the Lindir from the LOTR book except the name and that he lives in Rivendell. Maybe there's something extra I didn't notice.
Hence the limerick reference to fountains. :) Apparently it was really hard for Bret Mckenzie to learn all those Elvish lines at short notice, but they were really patient and good humoured, so they got the scenes completed.
Rivendell behind the scenes: