WA Delegate: None.
Founder: The Community of Elrond Half-Elven
Rivendell contains 2 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Most Primitive in Rivendell
Nations were ranked by World Census officials based on the number of natural phenomena attributed to the unknowable will of animal-based spirit gods.
As a region, Rivendell is ranked 4,102nd in the world for Most Primitive.
|1.||The Principality of Lindir||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“To sheep other sheep no doubt appear different”|
|2.||The Community of Elrond Half-Elven||Corrupt Dictatorship||“Welcome to Imladris”|
- : The Republic of Elysium Puppy 20 departed this region for Bus Stop.
- : The Republic of Elysium Puppy 20 arrived from North emerica.
- : Embassy cancelled between The woodland realm and Rivendell.
- : The Allied Greenskin States of Dururg of the region Land of Orcs and Goblins proposed constructing embassies.
- : The People's Republic of WeareAllScrewedville of the region East of West proposed constructing embassies.
- : Embassy established between Rivendell and The woodland realm.
- : Elvenking thranduil of the region The woodland realm agreed to construct embassies.
- : The Community of Elrond Half-Elven proposed constructing embassies with The woodland realm.
- : Elvenking thranduil of the region The woodland realm proposed constructing embassies.
- : Old hampshireville of the region Orthanc at Isengard proposed constructing embassies.
Rivendell Regional Message Board
May I wish the Valley of Rivendell a pleasant holiday season.
Elvish Holiday Card
Artist: Petitpotato on Deviantart.
Greetings, Lord Elrond! I've brought my harp and my songbook.
Excellent! Let the dramatic poetry readings and the singing begin!
Before you ascend Misty Mountains
seek us for good food and wise council.
We'll let you carouse
in the last homely house
but please do not bathe in the fountains.
Middle Earth poll: Which original movie character is your favourite? page=poll/p=22022
Lindir/Figwit is a hybrid of sorts. Was introduced as a nameless original hanger-on in LOTR, and because of positive fan response to Figwit, reappeared in The Hobbit. He was then retroactively named Lindir, the character in LOTR who talks shop about poetry with Bilbo.
That means he's only partially an original character then?
It's too bad this scene is only included in the extended version. You get lots of time on screen in it.
I think we could say that Figwit was made into an only partially original character retroactively. I can't really recall anything which the Lindir in the Hobbit film has in common with the Lindir from the LOTR book except the name and that he lives in Rivendell. Maybe there's something extra I didn't notice.
Hence the limerick reference to fountains. :) Apparently it was really hard for Bret Mckenzie to learn all those Elvish lines at short notice, but they were really patient and good humoured, so they got the scenes completed.
Rivendell behind the scenes: