by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Republic of Conservative Nations Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .266267268269270271272. . .344345»

I'm going to agree with both sides here.

Immigration does provide a net benefit economically, but it is completely valid to acknowledge the culture clashes that occur from immigration. That being said, I have no issue with Latino immigration as immigrants from Central and South America and their children are much more likely to get married, attend church, and not get divorced.

Strong family values? A good work ethic? Perfectly fine to me!

Baathist Quebecshire wrote:Define patriotic, what do you mean by it?

if they are going to be proud and supportive of the country they are immigrating to then I'm all for it

I think qualified immigrants should be allowed into the country, not whoever wants to.

You can't have a large welfare state and mass immigration. You can only have one or the other.

Furbish Islands wrote:I joined this region(well, its predecessor) years ago when I was conservative, but like all things I changed and moved to the left when I learned how the world works. I stick around because this is still a good community even if I don't see everyone eye to eye in politics.

And when you actually learn how the world works, you'll move back at least to center. ;)

Just saying, if your taxes were lower, they'd be giving less of your money to people in states you hate...:happycrowder:

Logon wrote:I'm going to agree with both sides here.

Immigration does provide a net benefit economically, but it is completely valid to acknowledge the culture clashes that occur from immigration. That being said, I have no issue with Latino immigration as immigrants from Central and South America and their children are much more likely to get married, attend church, and not get divorced.

Strong family values? A good work ethic? Perfectly fine to me!

Pretty much where I'm at tbh

Libervalley wrote:You can't have a large welfare state and mass immigration. You can only have one or the other.

Au contraire, immigrants provide a larger tax base necessary for a large welfare state.

Progressives always like to explain how great Scandinavian countries are yet ignore the fact they are some of the least diverse countries in the developed world.

Libervalley wrote:Progressive always like to explain how great Scandinavian countries are yet ignore the fact they are some of the least diverse countries in the developed world.

And that's relevant... how?

"Sorry guys, we have too many black people. Cancel the healthcare."

Logon wrote:And that's relevant... how?

"Sorry guys, we have too many black people. Cancel the healthcare."

The whole unity versus federal thing is more relevant. That just tends to correlate with diversity, and isn't as good of a dogwhistile.

RCN at the XV Olympic Winter Games Update
To date...

The nations of Fluvannia, New Waldensia, Npc West Florida, and West Phoenicia are representing the Republic of Conservative Nations at the Winter Olympic Games.

West Phoenicia added two silver medals today, in Luge - Women's Individual and Speed skating - Women's 1,000m.

Medal Tally through Day 4:

New Waldensia: 1 gold, 1 silver (2 total medals)
Figure Skating - Team 🥇
Alpine skiing - Men's Downhill 🥈

West Phoenicia: 3 silver, 1 bronze (4 total medals)
Freestyle skiing - Men's Moguls 🥈
Luge - Women's Individual 🥈
Speed skating - Women's 1,000m 🥈
Cross-Country - Men's Individual Sprint 🥉

Logon wrote:And that's relevant... how?

"Sorry guys, we have too many black people. Cancel the healthcare."

How countries function effectively and how progressives think they function effectively are two different realities.

Libervalley wrote:How countries function effectively and how progressives think they function effectively are two different realities.

Once again: How is diversity relevant?

Libervalley wrote:How countries function effectively and how progressives think they function effectively are two different realities.

Question, would you describe Chargemasters and way higher than other countries' per capita spending on healthcare as effective?

Logon wrote:I'm going to agree with both sides here.

Immigration does provide a net benefit economically, but it is completely valid to acknowledge the culture clashes that occur from immigration. That being said, I have no issue with Latino immigration as immigrants from Central and South America and their children are much more likely to get married, attend church, and not get divorced.

Strong family values? A good work ethic? Perfectly fine to me!

Immigration will bring benefit if it's properly regulated and immigrants themselves are not segregated from the national community. Ethnic clashes might as well undo effects of economic benefit, and if they do not, their consequences might be as well not worth it.

Fluvannia wrote:And when you actually learn how the world works, you'll move back at least to center. ;)

And when you learn how the world actually works, you would become a Posadist.

Dunferm wrote:

And when you learn how the world actually works, you would become a Posadist.

What on earth did I just look up

Seriously, the present party system in America is a piece of guano. Crowds of supposed "moderate" parties hate each other, and it seems politics in America is too political, when even on the basic issues families are divided into two camps on a dinner table, which is terrible.

You better continue hanging out with me or Im gonna beat you up. (I actually heard that before though she was being facetious I think)

Could I get signatures on this petition please https://www.change.org/p/bmc-for-a-toy-company-to-start-making-recast-of-lucky-products-inc-comic-book-flats?redirect=false

Imperial Grussia wrote:I'm sure this will sound typical to you, but anyways, Ben Shapiro, Tucker Carlson, Andrew Klavan, Matt Walsh, Jordan Peterson, etc.

I agree that Peterson is smart, but he's not a conservative. If you actually listened to him or read his works, he has explained on numerous different occasions he is not a conservative. In fact, he describes the very notion of identifying with an ideology as foolish -- which, to an extent, it is. If you identify with an ideology you can wrongly be mixed in or generalised in a detrimental fashion. He prefers to explain his "ideology" by listing out his policies, as opposed to saying "Yeah, hi, I'm right wing". Not everyone can handle it, but it's a significant improvement over the alternative. Furthermore, it avoids getting tripped up with the regional definitions of ideologies. For instance, this may be surprising, but a British conservative has very different values to an American conservative -- bar basic economic policy, of course.

Attancia wrote:I agree that Peterson is smart, but he's not a conservative. If you actually listened to him or read his works, he has explained on numerous different occasions he is not a conservative. In fact, he describes the very notion of identifying with an ideology as foolish -- which, to an extent, it is. If you identify with an ideology you can wrongly be mixed in or generalised in a detrimental fashion. He prefers to explain his "ideology" by listing out his policies, as opposed to saying "Yeah, hi, I'm right wing". Not everyone can handle it, but it's a significant improvement over the alternative. Furthermore, it avoids getting tripped up with the regional definitions of ideologies. For instance, this may be surprising, but a British conservative has very different values to an American conservative -- bar basic economic policy, of course.

Folks here would be surprised by Boris Johnson's economic policies, and even more by MacMillan. Or of German conservatism.

Npc West Florida wrote:What on earth did I just look up

What they want to happen, could if McNukes become an actual thing.

What.

The.

Hell.

Did I miss.

«12. . .266267268269270271272. . .344345»

Advertisement