by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Refugia RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Eco-Socialist Republic of Sylh Alanor (elected )

Founder: The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle

Last WA Update:

Board Poll Activity History Admin Rank

Most Valuable International Artwork: 24th Most World Assembly Endorsements: 27th Most Nations: 126th+4
Most Compassionate Citizens: 1,400th Nicest Citizens: 1,577th Most Inclusive: 1,810th Best Weather: 1,883rd
World Factbook Entry

Refugia is a jarringly stable, wholesome, democratic group of left-leaning nations in support of governmental integrity, human rights and unabashed environmentalism.

Welcome to our autumn treehouse!


Refugia Revised StatutesLinkRegional DiscordRegional MapHow Do I Play?Past RRS Referendums

Current Events: Vote now on whether we should close our embassy with Taiwan. Read more about it here.

Join the World Assembly and endorse Sylh Alanor. Every endorsement places a happy thought in a nearby cloud!



Embassies: Forest, The Leftist Assembly, New West Indies, Yggdrasil, Meihua, Canada, India, Taiwan, and Australialia.

The embassy with Australialia is being withdrawn. Closure expected .

Tags: Anti-Fascist, Casual, Democratic, Eco-Friendly, Enormous, Fantasy Tech, Featured, Issues Player, LGBT, Liberal, Map, Neutral, and 4 others.Pacifist, Regional Government, Social, and Trading Cards.

Regional Power: Moderate

Refugia contains 151 nations, the 126th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Most Valuable International Artwork in Refugia

Some nations attempt to collect signature artworks of other nations, developing collections known as "decks." The World Census has estimated their value.

As a region, Refugia is ranked 24th in the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Fanciful Tales of Refuge IsleLeft-wing Utopia“The Voice of Reason”
2.The Queen Of the Waltz of Feu de GlaceLiberal Democratic Socialists“Don't be afraid to dazzle us with your fire”
3.The Eco-Socialist Republic of Sylh AlanorLeft-wing Utopia“Var'el rosir Se'lah”
4.The Islands of SamuderaLiberal Democratic Socialists“Jalesveva Jayamahe”
5.The Most Serene Republic of IndimuIron Fist Consumerists“Ubuzima bukuzanire ituze”
6.The Flawless Locks of Karen MathesonCivil Rights Lovefest“Fhad's a mhaireas luaidh is fudar”
7.The Dominion of ChacapoyaCorrupt Dictatorship“Earth before our Health, Health before our Safety”
8.The Rather Inhospitable Interior of An Actual HurricaneAnarchy“No one appreciates how nutritious millibars are.”
9.The Community of Junitaki-choLiberal Democratic Socialists“Bountiful humanity in bountiful nature.”
10.The Federal Republic of MichellandCivil Rights Lovefest“Regarde autour et marche”
1234. . .1516»

Regional Poll • Shall Refugia close its embassy with Taiwan?

Poll called by The Eco-Socialist Republic of Sylh Alanor

Voting opened 4 hours ago and will close . Open to WA member residents. You cannot vote as you are not logged in.

Recent polls: “Shall Refugia close its embassy with Australialia?”“Shall Refugia establish embassies with Yggdrasil?”

Regional Happenings

More...

Refugia Regional Message Board

Some Random Interviewer wrote:Good day everyone,

it's a bit late to talk about Z-day, the annual zombie event. I am doing a survey for an article for a regional newspaper on what well-performing regions had in common. So lets get to the questions:

How would you rate your region's Z-day performance, on a scale of 1 to 5?

Did you have something like central nuclear command, and did people follow it a lot?

How populous was your region last Z-day?

Any Additional Answers are welcome and needed ^-^

Goodbye and have a nice day!

-Somebody.

It went so well that despite being absent almost all of Z-Day I had my entire population cured for me before I even made my own Cure missiles! (Forgot to add my rating lol 5/5)

Yeah Z-day wise, I didn’t participate, never been my thing, but I did watch the region work their butts off to get us to the spectacular finish we made it to, truly a spectacular effort :D

Welcome Island of Euphoria, Classroom 2B, The School management, and Threnodie to Refugia! If you have any questions about how Refugia or Nationstates works, please feel free to ask either here on the RMB (regional message board) or in our discord server, which is linked at the top of the page. Everyone here is super nice and helpful and we'd love to be able to say hello ^-^

If you haven't already, please consider signing up for the World Assembly on the left sidebar. By becoming a World Assembly member, you qualify to become a Refugia Member State. Member States can submit applications to get on our regional map, vote on embassies and referenda, and run for office. But the most important thing is that you just do as much as you want to; don't feel obligated to join in all the extra things that we do. We want to help you find things you enjoy doing and get you set up to where you can have the most fun possible while you're here, and if that's just chatting while answering issues, that's entirely cool.

Welcome again <3

Welcome!

*distribute free cookies to new members*

I'm getting a bit self-conscious that all of my GA takes are becoming too similar, but here we go anyway lol.

Protected Working Leave

Proposal: (page=UN_view_proposal/id=cretox_state_1606540208)
Thread: (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=489404)

I mean, I guess the most positive thing I can say about this is that it's a good subject to protect? But, like pretty much everything I've read from Cretox lately (and a few other GA authors who have been spamming proposals), it's weak and highly exploitable. I'm getting a bit frustrated by what I see to be a decline in quality of GA resolutions over the past six or eight months, especially since they keep getting away with it due to an overwhelming number of voters who are happy to rubber stamp things.

So let me stop complaining and show what I'm talking about, I guess:

wrote:(1,b,iii) the guaranteed ability to return to the same or a comparable job after the conclusion of paid leave, should their employer reasonably be able to provide such;

wrote:(2) Declares that member nations must provide workers who request such with a reasonable duration of paid leave to the extent necessary to adequately service any of the following conditions:

wrote:(4,a) give their employer reasonable notice in the event of a foreseeable birth or adoption; and

Reasonable seems to be the new watchword for the GA, as it's the most acceptable stand-in for actually providing any figures or solid ideas. The word is never defined and no limits are placed on this. It's so easily exploitable by the company to just say certain amounts of time aren't reasonable, and the text of the proposal supports that. The fact that people in the forum seem to focus all their negative attention on things they IC don't care for and let dozens of proposals with massive, glaring loopholes through mostly uncontested is grating.

Sylh Alanor wrote:-snip-

Perhaps a new theme is that leaving glaring loopholes will increase the chance of getting passed?

Sylh Alanor wrote:I'm getting a bit self-conscious that all of my GA takes are becoming too similar, but here we go anyway lol.

Protected Working Leave

Proposal: (page=UN_view_proposal/id=cretox_state_1606540208)
Thread: (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=489404)

I mean, I guess the most positive thing I can say about this is that it's a good subject to protect? But, like pretty much everything I've read from Cretox lately (and a few other GA authors who have been spamming proposals), it's weak and highly exploitable. I'm getting a bit frustrated by what I see to be a decline in quality of GA resolutions over the past six or eight months, especially since they keep getting away with it due to an overwhelming number of voters who are happy to rubber stamp things.

So let me stop complaining and show what I'm talking about, I guess:

Reasonable seems to be the new watchword for the GA, as it's the most acceptable stand-in for actually providing any figures or solid ideas. The word is never defined and no limits are placed on this. It's so easily exploitable by the company to just say certain amounts of time aren't reasonable, and the text of the proposal supports that. The fact that people in the forum seem to focus all their negative attention on things they IC don't care for and let dozens of proposals with massive, glaring loopholes through mostly uncontested is grating.

I don't have a crazy lot to say about the GA proposal, but I think that clause 2 is adequately written to provide paid time off. IMO it would have been better off if it was worded slightly more broadly, but I also know that it's on a subject that people are a little less interested on legislating on because of the (arguably dying) concept of national sovereignty in GA resolution votes.

I also think that, for whatever the rest of the problems the resolution has, clause 3 is pretty substantially positive and I was surprised to see that it hasn't been covered previously. So basically, although I do agree that Cretox should be banned from using the word "reasonable", it doesn't create as many problems as it solves, and it's unlikely anything else would have the motivation to be written on the subject. So I've lodged a vote of For.

Hey everyone, though I very much regret doing so, I'm calling for the closure of our embassy with Taiwan. Read more about my opinion below and give a vote above. If you have any thoughts or feelings on this, please feel free to discuss it in the RMB or the server.




Statement on Taiwan



An’eth’ara,

The Refugi embassy with Taiwan was opened shortly after the beginning of my first term as Councillor of Foreign Affairs. The region was small, but its founder, Kuan Yin, was motivated and energetic, pumping out news to her region and working hard to establish embassies with older, more established regions. Possibly due to my inexperience in the role, I assumed that they would grow and flourish based off my greatest wishes for the founder.

While the region has the same amount of nations it did when our embassy was founded (10), it hasn’t grown or shown much activity since that time. The oldest visible message on the RMB is from 138 days ago, and the last message from Kuan Yin was 66 days ago (the fourth most recent post on the RMB). They don’t have any off-site communication spaces I can see, so it seems that the region has completely died. The final nail seems, quite unfortunately, to be that Kuan Yin will likely CTE before this poll has concluded.

I am hereby invoking RRS 6b to call a referendum on the closure of our embassy with Taiwan.

Dar'eth Shiral,
Sylh Alanor
Foreign Affairs Councillor, Refugia



Read dispatch

Refuge Isle wrote:-snip-

These are good points. I can see the logic in giving some leeway due to Cretox being the only person who would be interested in writing this. I'm not sure if it's enough to overcome my great fatigue at the fact Cretox is writing everything, however :P

Certainly I'm feeling less against now that I've seen some arguments for the proposal. I just wish he'd never use the word reasonable again.

Sylh Alanor wrote:Hey everyone, though I very much regret doing so, I'm calling for the closure of our embassy with Taiwan. Read more about my opinion below and give a vote above. If you have any thoughts or feelings on this, please feel free to discuss it in the RMB or the server.

I fully support this closure. The facts presented in your argument are accurate and the embassy is unnecessary when there is no activity to speak of.

Forum View

Advertisement