by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Oatland Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .208209210211212213214. . .231232»

Post self-deleted by Keyyn.

Great Sothos wrote:I don't think having a single currency for the entirety of the region is a good idea. Not all economies are at the same level of development, and adopting a single currency for the whole of Oatland could remove monetary instruments that nation-states use to address financial or monetary issues. This could result in even more uneven development within the region, which can lead to mounting public debt (as developing nations may take advantage of the monetary credibility of Oatland as a whole).

Maybe it could be used as the go-to currency (as another currency) for in-region trading?

As I explained before, the currency will be used if the nation requested OatByte presence in the nation. As it is consumer-aimed, the Senate can propose different measure to keep local currency in value.

Keyyn wrote:As I explained before, the currency will be used if the nation requested OatByte presence in the nation. As it is consumer-aimed, the Senate can propose different measure to keep local currency in value.

The deployment of OatByte is to be in small stores, so for big purchases you need to use local currency.

This is beginning to sound less like a viable option. Like Dopecoin or Potcoin.

Ultorieth wrote:This is beginning to sound less like a viable option. Like Dopecoin or Potcoin.

As I said, it this configurable by the nation itself, but value will not change

Keyyn wrote:As I said, it this configurable by the nation itself, but value will not change

You should come up with a detailed proposal if you want this to work. Right now it's just confusing.

Ultorieth wrote:The next person that says the words, "Regional Currency" is getting beaten with the back of a rifle.

This is a civil discourse. Peaceful by all accounts. Why escalate?

Ok

So, how're we feeling about the worker's rights bill? I voted against it, as it is basically a given that the protections would be abused.

Great Sothos wrote:This is a civil discourse. Peaceful by all accounts. Why escalate?

Because this is a civil discourse that we've had enough times to drive me to the point of wanting to beat you all with the Sorry Stick.
>Let's repaint the house vomit green
No.
>Okay.. Hey, can we repaint the house VOMIT GREEN?
No, stop asking.
>Alright but what if the house got repainted, but it was VOMIT GREEN?

Ultorieth wrote:Because this is a civil discourse that we've had enough times to drive me to the point of wanting to beat you all with the Sorry Stick.
>Let's repaint the house vomit green
No.
>Okay.. Hey, can we repaint the house VOMIT GREEN?
No, stop asking.
>Alright but what if the house got repainted, but it was VOMIT GREEN?

That's a little excessive and the comparison is a little insulting. Our nation may not want such a currency but to belittle a nation for bringing it up as well as the concerns of implementing it seems unnecessary.

I don't think he's trying to be insulting. He just really doesn't want to be tethered to other nations like that.

Ultorieth wrote:Because this is a civil discourse that we've had enough times to drive me to the point of wanting to beat you all with the Sorry Stick.
>Let's repaint the house vomit green
No.
>Okay.. Hey, can we repaint the house VOMIT GREEN?
No, stop asking.
>Alright but what if the house got repainted, but it was VOMIT GREEN?

Lennia wrote:I don't think he's trying to be insulting. He just really doesn't want to be tethered to other nations like that.

This is insulting. It’s a proposal from a nation that just wants to implement a little thing into the region and they are calling it “Vomit”, it’s wrong. Plus there are many ways to voice their concern without publicly denouncing the idea. For one you can just vote against it if it ever even got proposed to the senate and for another it’s clearly going to be optional because you can’t force a country to change their currency.

These United Socialists wrote:This is insulting. It’s a proposal from a nation that just wants to implement a little thing into the region and they are calling it “Vomit”, it’s wrong. Plus there are many ways to voice their concern without publicly denouncing the idea. For one you can just vote against it if it ever even got proposed to the senate and for another it’s clearly going to be optional because you can’t force a country to change their currency.

Calling it vomit? Have you ever seen an analogy before? Ultorieth's comparing the conversation to a conversation that happens to include the word "vomit" 3 times. That's not calling the proposal vomit.

Antibuda wrote:So, how're we feeling about the worker's rights bill? I voted against it, as it is basically a given that the protections would be abused.

The poll I held said we as a region were in favour of it 8-1

These United Socialists wrote:This is insulting. It’s a proposal from a nation that just wants to implement a little thing into the region and they are calling it “Vomit”, it’s wrong. Plus there are many ways to voice their concern without publicly denouncing the idea. For one you can just vote against it if it ever even got proposed to the senate and for another it’s clearly going to be optional because you can’t force a country to change their currency.

He wasn't calling the proposal vomit, he was making an analogy about someone repeatedly offering something undesirable. I'm certain Ultorieth was merely trying to make it a humorous comparison.

Just gonna put this out here: I think y'all need to stop viciously defending nations that are fully capable of defending themselves.

The Peoples Place of Living wrote:Just gonna put this out here: I think y'all need to stop viciously defending nations that are fully capable of defending themselves.

Isn't that what friends do? Let it be, it's entertaining and it shows nations have a vested, emotional interest in Oatland.

A Lady, about 5'5, walks up to the senate members, She has burgundy hair, fair skin, ice blue eyes, and medium build. She is wearing a beige pantsuit.

Hello, Id like to introduce myself. I Am Ambassador to Octonovem, Liz Graham.

Octonovem wrote:A Lady, about 5'5, walks up to the senate members, She has burgundy hair, fair skin, ice blue eyes, and medium build. She is wearing
a beige pantsuit.

Hello, Id like to introduce myself. I Am Ambassador to Octonovem, Liz Graham.

Darril Kenderson whispers to the other senate representatives, "do we shoot her? "

Ultorieth wrote:The next person that says the words, "Regional Currency" is getting beaten with the back of a rifle.

Ultorieth wrote:Because this is a civil discourse that we've had enough times to drive me to the point of wanting to beat you all with the Sorry Stick.
>Let's repaint the house vomit green
No.
>Okay.. Hey, can we repaint the house VOMIT GREEN?
No, stop asking.
>Alright but what if the house got repainted, but it was VOMIT GREEN?

Lennia wrote:He wasn't calling the proposal vomit, he was making an analogy about someone repeatedly offering something undesirable. I'm certain Ultorieth was merely trying to make it a humorous comparison.

How about, rather than belittling ideas composed by a respected member of Oatland (Keyyn) give an actual argument. I’m tired of Ultorieth shutting up ideas brought into the board and silencing people just because he/she doesn’t agree with them. Then Lennia comes in to defend Ultorieth instead of getting them to explain. Saying it was not an insult and saying it was only an analogy is like me saying, “Listening to the words come out of your mouth is like listening to the sounds someone makes on a toilet.” Is not an insult. It’s absurd. Rather than using a “humorous” analogy, speak rationally. Ultorieth is a high ranking member of Oatland and should compose their thoughts respectfully as to not discourage ideas brought up on the board. If we just silence every idea, then no one will speak. That sounds like a boring nation to me.
If you have a real concern, please explain yourself and why you disagree rather than just calling it stupid or “vomit”.

Procrasta Nation wrote:How about, rather than belittling ideas composed by a respected member of Oatland (Keyyn) give an actual argument. I’m tired of Ultorieth shutting up ideas brought into the board and silencing people just because he/she doesn’t agree with them. Then Lennia comes in to defend Ultorieth instead of getting them to explain. Saying it was not an insult and saying it was only an analogy is like me saying, “Listening to the words come out of your mouth is like listening to the sounds someone makes on a toilet.” Is not an insult. It’s absurd. Rather than using a “humorous” analogy, speak rationally. Ultorieth is a high ranking member of Oatland and should compose their thoughts respectfully as to not discourage ideas brought up on the board. If we just silence every idea, then no one will speak. That sounds like a boring nation to me.
If you have a real concern, please explain yourself and why you disagree rather than just calling it stupid or “vomit”.

I understand your frustration, but this is Ultorieth's schtick. They're not a nation of talkers, blunt and brutal is their whole thing. That's why they're in the position they are in. If it offends you, I'll advise you to ignore them and go about discussing the topic with others who want to. Keyyn can defend their own ideas.

Lennia wrote:I understand your frustration, but this is Ultorieth's schtick. They're not a nation of talkers, blunt and brutal is their whole thing. That's why they're in the position they are in. If it offends you, I'll advise you to ignore them and go about discussing the topic with others who want to. Keyyn can defend their own ideas.

Alright then. I will defend Keyyn because I would like to be defended. If they tell me not to I won’t.

Post self-deleted by Mondlicht States.

Antibuda wrote:Darril Kenderson whispers to the other senate representatives, "do we shoot her? "

Please, sir. Liz Says Worried I'm just here to represent my country. Isn't that ok?

«12. . .208209210211212213214. . .231232»

Advertisement