by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Oatland RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Confederacy of Franche Comte (elected )

Founder: The Empire of Lennia

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

Most World Assembly Endorsements: 74th Most Nations: 442nd Most Cultured: 1,129th+26
Largest Retail Industry: 1,211th Most Inclusive: 1,350th Nicest Citizens: 1,549th Most Beautiful Environments: 1,658th Most Eco-Friendly Governments: 1,792nd Most Cheerful Citizens: 1,857th Rudest Citizens: 1,886th Smartest Citizens: 1,892nd Most Valuable International Artwork: 1,910th Most Extensive Public Healthcare: 1,925th Highest Poor Incomes: 1,928th Largest Black Market: 1,947th Most Advanced Public Education: 2,057th Largest Information Technology Sector: 2,084th Most Rebellious Youth: 2,084th Most Scientifically Advanced: 2,112th Most Developed: 2,134th Most Compassionate Citizens: 2,166th Largest Publishing Industry: 2,217th Most Influential: 2,276th Healthiest Citizens: 2,292nd Highest Average Incomes: 2,297th Best Weather: 2,394th Largest Welfare Programs: 2,422nd Most Popular Tourist Destinations: 2,427th Most Subsidized Industry: 2,500th
World Factbook Entry

In a peaceful corner of the world a gentle breeze plays upon vast fields of golden grain. This is Oatland, a free community of nations committed to the ideals of national and regional autonomy and democratic governance.


Regional Resources: 📜 Constitution | 🏛️ Government | 🏅Events | 💬 LinkDiscord Channel

🛠️ Useful tools: LinkFlag maker | LinkNSSuite | LibreNS++ | Guide to Wiki Style Factbooks | LinkNationstates Deconstructed

🎼Music of the month:LinkNeil Cicierega - Crocodile Chop



Embassies: Forest, Christmas, Japan, The Western Isles, Haiku, Realm of the Whispering Winds, The Bunny Fire, Equestria, Regionless, The Bar on the corner of every region, Bus Stop, The Illuminati, The Grand Imperial Alliance, The Democratic Commonwealth, nasunia, The Democratic Union, and 7 others.The Fallout Wasteland, India, Underworld, Official European Union, Prudentia, Liberty Democratic Alliance, and Republic of Conservative Nations.

Tags: Democratic, Eco-Friendly, Issues Player, Medium, National Sovereigntist, Offsite Chat, Regional Government, and Sports.

Regional Power: Moderate

Oatland contains 46 nations, the 442nd most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Largest Retail Industry in Oatland

The World Census estimated levels of employee ennui to determine which nations have the largest retail industries.

As a region, Oatland is ranked 1,211th in the world for Largest Retail Industry.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Federal Republic of AgorgonaAnarchy“Chwała Wielkiej Agorgonie!”
2.The Republic of SockmalerionAnarchy“Strength Through Freedom”
3.The Armed Republic of UltoriethAnarchy“Invade. Destroy. Repeat.”
4.The Matriarchy of Luna SuenaScandinavian Liberal Paradise“Moon Moon Moon”
5.The Second Republican Federation of Mondlicht StatesCivil Rights Lovefest“The playing card is the means by which all is revealed”
6.The Empire of LenniaCivil Rights Lovefest“Quasi Lapis”
7.The Theocracy of Pravy MytusInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Stop touching sticks!”
8.The Kingdom of HospeInoffensive Centrist Democracy“We stand united”
9.The Nomadic Peoples of SetimikaAnarchy“Nobis Astra”
10.The Federation of Kappa Lambda Epsilon MuLeft-Leaning College State“Free, when you're allowed to”
12345»

Regional Happenings

More...

Oatland Regional Message Board

Artimasia wrote:Greetings to all nations of Oatland!
Artimasia relocated to this pleasant region a few days ago, and I figured I should introduce myself here, so:
Hello!

Welcome to the party.

Warm Greetings from the Republic of Conservative.

Sending thanks for establishing an embassy with the RCN. We look forward to the next step which hopefully will be the exchange of ambassadors so we can share any upcoming events or important news with eachother. If you have discord drop us a message.

Otherwise an ambassador from the RCN will update you from time to time

BREAKING: Crown Prince, Princess Tsuguko expecting their first child

INADA- Crown Prince Ayahito and Princess Tsuguko have announced that they are expecting their first child, who is expected to be born sometime in September this year, after several years of silence on the matter.

The Crown Prince and his wife, who are both 34 years old and who married in 2017, had previously refused to speak to the media regarding matters of imperial succession, leading to speculation by tabloids that Princess Tsuguko, a commoner whom the Crown Prince first met in university, was infertile.

If the child is male, he will displace Prince Morihito as the second in line to the throne.

In recent years, there has been discussion about amending the Constitution to allow for females to be included in the line of succession. Although Nagakawa has had nineteen female emperors in the past, the current articles of the constitution regarding imperial succession, first implemented under Prime Minister Takehiko Ushio, do not allow for female succession. Efforts to amend the constitution have been bipartisan, with lawmakers from different major parties supporting such movements, but have yet to find sufficient traction to be discussed in Parliament.

——

The current line of succession:

-. Emperor Tomohito (智仁 今上天皇) - age 60

1. Ayahito, Prince Suzaku (朱雀宮綾仁親王) - first son of the Emperor, age 34
2. Morihito, Prince Gotō (梧桐宮盛仁親王) - second son of the Emperor, age 27
3. Yoshihito, Prince Asuka (飛鳥宮義仁親王) - third son of the Emperor, age 21
4. Munehito, Prince Hōyoku (鵬翼宮宗仁親王) - younger brother of the Emperor, age 57
5. Masahito, Prince Gen’ei (玄叡宮勝仁親王) - younger brother of the Emperor, age 54
6. Takahito, Prince Hōyoku (鵬翼宮高仁親王) - nephew of the Emperor, age 30
7. Kunihito, Prince Hōyoku (鵬翼宮邦仁親王) - grandnephew of the Emperor, age 2

Nagakawa wrote:BREAKING: Crown Prince, Princess Tsuguko expecting their first child

INADA- Crown Prince Ayahito and Princess Tsuguko have announced that they are expecting their first child, who is expected to be born sometime in September this year, after several years of silence on the matter.

The Crown Prince and his wife, who are both 34 years old and who married in 2017, had previously refused to speak to the media regarding matters of imperial succession, leading to speculation by tabloids that Princess Tsuguko, a commoner whom the Crown Prince first met in university, was infertile.

If the child is male, he will displace Prince Morihito as the second in line to the throne.

In recent years, there has been discussion about amending the Constitution to allow for females to be included in the line of succession. Although Nagakawa has had nineteen female emperors in the past, the current articles of the constitution regarding imperial succession, first implemented under Prime Minister Takehiko Ushio, do not allow for female succession. Efforts to amend the constitution have been bipartisan, with lawmakers from different major parties supporting such movements, but have yet to find sufficient traction to be discussed in Parliament.

——

The current line of succession:

-. Emperor Tomohito (智仁 今上天皇) - age 60

1. Ayahito, Prince Suzaku (朱雀宮綾仁親王) - first son of the Emperor, age 34
2. Morihito, Prince Gotō (梧桐宮盛仁親王) - second son of the Emperor, age 27
3. Yoshihito, Prince Asuka (飛鳥宮義仁親王) - third son of the Emperor, age 21
4. Munehito, Prince Hōyoku (鵬翼宮宗仁親王) - younger brother of the Emperor, age 57
5. Masahito, Prince Gen’ei (玄叡宮勝仁親王) - younger brother of the Emperor, age 54
6. Takahito, Prince Hōyoku (鵬翼宮高仁親王) - nephew of the Emperor, age 30
7. Kunihito, Prince Hōyoku (鵬翼宮邦仁親王) - grandnephew of the Emperor, age 2

President Herrera congrats to the couple on the child "I wish you, and the baby good health."

On the other hand.

Question Of The Day: Explain Your Country's Flag Design?

West Phoenicia wrote:Warm Greetings from the Republic of Conservative.

Sending thanks for establishing an embassy with the RCN. We look forward to the next step which hopefully will be the exchange of ambassadors so we can share any upcoming events or important news with eachother. If you have discord drop us a message.

Otherwise an ambassador from the RCN will update you from time to time

Thank you. We are looking forward to working with the Republic of Conservative Nations.

Nagakawa wrote:BREAKING: Crown Prince, Princess Tsuguko expecting their first child

INADA- Crown Prince Ayahito and Princess Tsuguko have announced that they are expecting their first child, who is expected to be born sometime in September this year, after several years of silence on the matter.

The Crown Prince and his wife, who are both 34 years old and who married in 2017, had previously refused to speak to the media regarding matters of imperial succession, leading to speculation by tabloids that Princess Tsuguko, a commoner whom the Crown Prince first met in university, was infertile.

If the child is male, he will displace Prince Morihito as the second in line to the throne.

In recent years, there has been discussion about amending the Constitution to allow for females to be included in the line of succession. Although Nagakawa has had nineteen female emperors in the past, the current articles of the constitution regarding imperial succession, first implemented under Prime Minister Takehiko Ushio, do not allow for female succession. Efforts to amend the constitution have been bipartisan, with lawmakers from different major parties supporting such movements, but have yet to find sufficient traction to be discussed in Parliament.

——

The current line of succession:

-. Emperor Tomohito (智仁 今上天皇) - age 60

1. Ayahito, Prince Suzaku (朱雀宮綾仁親王) - first son of the Emperor, age 34
2. Morihito, Prince Gotō (梧桐宮盛仁親王) - second son of the Emperor, age 27
3. Yoshihito, Prince Asuka (飛鳥宮義仁親王) - third son of the Emperor, age 21
4. Munehito, Prince Hōyoku (鵬翼宮宗仁親王) - younger brother of the Emperor, age 57
5. Masahito, Prince Gen’ei (玄叡宮勝仁親王) - younger brother of the Emperor, age 54
6. Takahito, Prince Hōyoku (鵬翼宮高仁親王) - nephew of the Emperor, age 30
7. Kunihito, Prince Hōyoku (鵬翼宮邦仁親王) - grandnephew of the Emperor, age 2

On behalf of the Kingdom and all external territories, Queen Elesha of Hospe congratulates the Imperial Family on the good news. " I can't imagine how hard it must have been for Princess Tsuguko, but I'm happy the Imperial family stood by her through everything. I wish Crown Prince Ayahito, Princess Tsuguko and their unborn child long and prosperous lives. Here, in Hospe we'll be waiting to celebrate."

Octonovem wrote:

Question Of The Day: Explain Your Country's Flag Design?

Blue represents our skies.
Green for the fertile earth.
And the white cross for the four rivers that flow through the land.

Octonovem wrote:

Question Of The Day: Explain Your Country's Flag Design?

As we are a peninsula, we have Green for our land, Blue for our water, and White is for the purity of the government. It is split into a tricolour because there are three colours, and it has the saltire to signify the binding of the three democratic states. The flag used to have a black sun in the middle to represent the noble family, but it has since been removed, because the royal family are basically celebrities at this point.

I have a factbook that goes into greater detail if you want to learn more.

Octonovem wrote:President Herrera congrats to the couple on the child "I wish you, and the baby good health."

On the other hand.

Question Of The Day: Explain Your Country's Flag Design?

Nagakawa’s flag is known as the kikubata, which means “chrysanthemum banner”. It has been used as a symbol of the imperial family for centuries, and was officially adopted as the State Flag in 1979 under the National Symbols Act.

Nagakawa wrote:Nagakawa’s flag is known as the kikubata, which means “chrysanthemum banner”.

Not even trying to poke fun, I think it is really cool to use a flower as a national symbol.

Forum View

Advertisement