WA Delegate (non-executive): The Confederacy of Franche Comte (elected )
Founder: The Empire of Lennia
Last WA Update:
Embassies: Forest, Christmas, Japan, The Western Isles, Haiku, Realm of the Whispering Winds, The Bunny Fire, Equestria, Regionless, The Bar on the corner of every region, Bus Stop, The Illuminati, The Grand Imperial Alliance, The Democratic Commonwealth, nasunia, The Democratic Union, and 7 others.The Fallout Wasteland, India, Underworld, Official European Union, Prudentia, Liberty Democratic Alliance, and Republic of Conservative Nations.
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Retail Industry in Oatland
The World Census estimated levels of employee ennui to determine which nations have the largest retail industries.
As a region, Oatland is ranked 1,211th in the world for Largest Retail Industry.
|1.||The Federal Republic of Agorgona||Anarchy||“Chwała Wielkiej Agorgonie!”|
|2.||The Republic of Sockmalerion||Anarchy||“Strength Through Freedom”|
|3.||The Armed Republic of Ultorieth||Anarchy||“Invade. Destroy. Repeat.”|
|4.||The Matriarchy of Luna Suena||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“Moon Moon Moon”|
|5.||The Second Republican Federation of Mondlicht States||Civil Rights Lovefest||“The playing card is the means by which all is revealed”|
|6.||The Empire of Lennia||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Quasi Lapis”|
|7.||The Theocracy of Pravy Mytus||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Stop touching sticks!”|
|8.||The Kingdom of Hospe||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“We stand united”|
|9.||The Nomadic Peoples of Setimika||Anarchy||“Nobis Astra”|
|10.||The Federation of Kappa Lambda Epsilon Mu||Left-Leaning College State||“Free, when you're allowed to”|
- : Embassy established between Oatland and Republic of Conservative Nations.
- : The Republic of Artimasia arrived from Balder.
- : The Empire of West Phoenicia of the region Republic of Conservative Nations agreed to construct embassies.
- : The Empire of Lennia proposed constructing embassies with Republic of Conservative Nations.
- : The Armed Republic of Ultorieth arrived from Balder.
- : The Democratic States of Gobani ceased to exist.
- : Aclion ceased to exist.
- : The Protectorate of Orf puppet of the region Free land proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Kingdom of Saarz departed this region for The DankLeft Commune.
- : Yakilan ceased to exist.
Oatland Regional Message Board
Warm Greetings from the Republic of Conservative.
Sending thanks for establishing an embassy with the RCN. We look forward to the next step which hopefully will be the exchange of ambassadors so we can share any upcoming events or important news with eachother. If you have discord drop us a message.
Otherwise an ambassador from the RCN will update you from time to time
BREAKING: Crown Prince, Princess Tsuguko expecting their first child
INADA- Crown Prince Ayahito and Princess Tsuguko have announced that they are expecting their first child, who is expected to be born sometime in September this year, after several years of silence on the matter.
The Crown Prince and his wife, who are both 34 years old and who married in 2017, had previously refused to speak to the media regarding matters of imperial succession, leading to speculation by tabloids that Princess Tsuguko, a commoner whom the Crown Prince first met in university, was infertile.
If the child is male, he will displace Prince Morihito as the second in line to the throne.
In recent years, there has been discussion about amending the Constitution to allow for females to be included in the line of succession. Although Nagakawa has had nineteen female emperors in the past, the current articles of the constitution regarding imperial succession, first implemented under Prime Minister Takehiko Ushio, do not allow for female succession. Efforts to amend the constitution have been bipartisan, with lawmakers from different major parties supporting such movements, but have yet to find sufficient traction to be discussed in Parliament.
The current line of succession:
-. Emperor Tomohito (智仁 今上天皇) - age 60
1. Ayahito, Prince Suzaku (朱雀宮綾仁親王) - first son of the Emperor, age 34
2. Morihito, Prince Gotō (梧桐宮盛仁親王) - second son of the Emperor, age 27
3. Yoshihito, Prince Asuka (飛鳥宮義仁親王) - third son of the Emperor, age 21
4. Munehito, Prince Hōyoku (鵬翼宮宗仁親王) - younger brother of the Emperor, age 57
5. Masahito, Prince Gen’ei (玄叡宮勝仁親王) - younger brother of the Emperor, age 54
6. Takahito, Prince Hōyoku (鵬翼宮高仁親王) - nephew of the Emperor, age 30
7. Kunihito, Prince Hōyoku (鵬翼宮邦仁親王) - grandnephew of the Emperor, age 2
On behalf of the Kingdom and all external territories, Queen Elesha of Hospe congratulates the Imperial Family on the good news. " I can't imagine how hard it must have been for Princess Tsuguko, but I'm happy the Imperial family stood by her through everything. I wish Crown Prince Ayahito, Princess Tsuguko and their unborn child long and prosperous lives. Here, in Hospe we'll be waiting to celebrate."
As we are a peninsula, we have Green for our land, Blue for our water, and White is for the purity of the government. It is split into a tricolour because there are three colours, and it has the saltire to signify the binding of the three democratic states. The flag used to have a black sun in the middle to represent the noble family, but it has since been removed, because the royal family are basically celebrities at this point.
I have a factbook that goes into greater detail if you want to learn more.
Nagakawa’s flag is known as the kikubata, which means “chrysanthemum banner”. It has been used as a symbol of the imperial family for centuries, and was officially adopted as the State Flag in 1979 under the National Symbols Act.