by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

New Coalition of Nations Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .147148149150

Athretvari wrote:I think there is an unofficial acceptance of what you’d consider “normal diplomatic protocols and immunities” when it comes to ambassadors, official envoys, diplomats, and similar officers. No treaties or conventions though. I suppose it’s a case by case issue with regards to each nation. Your diplomats have standard diplomatic immunities in Athretvari. :)

As far as who you can relations with, anyone you like including NPCs or unrecognized “tribes”.

I find it weird that I think I'm one of the few with relations with NPC nation's.

46566 wrote:I find it weird that I think I'm one of the few with relations with NPC nation's.

Athretvari has relations with a few, but I’ve been bad at rping about them. Besides Hi’why’yea and Fri Athka, we also have relatively good relations with the leadership of Rei’tro Sahveg tribe up north of us. We sell them tech, and we buy their “jungle treasures”. Although the regular Rei’tro tribesfolk tend to think we’re a bunch of “blue witches”. Not for any good reason though.... ;)

46566 wrote:I find it weird that I think I'm one of the few with relations with NPC nation's.

I constantly forget there is an NPC just north of me.

Looks like the first priority of Croxoconian foreign policy will be to standardize and codify the rules regarding diplomatic relations.

Do you all have treaty titles by the way? For instance, the Sovereign of the United Kingdom is, for the purposes of diplomatic relations, referred to as Her Britannic Majesty, and treaties concluded by the British Government with say, the United States for example, are not treaties between the United Kingdom and the United States, but rather, treaties between Her Britannic Majesty and the United States. Like wise, it is not the "Embassy/Ambassador of the United Kingdom to the United States", but rather, "Her Britannic Majesty's Embassy/Ambassador to the United States". Conversely, it is not the "Embassy/Ambassador of the United States to the United Kingdom", but rather, the "Embassy/Ambassador of the United States to the Court of St James's".... indicating it is not a diplomatic mission to the Government as a whole, but rather, to the Sovereign herself, whose royal court is called the Court of St James's (St James's Palace has been the senior Palace of the British Monarchy since Whitehall burned down in 1698... even though the Monarch resides in and holds court at Buckingham Palace, St James's Palace remains the seat of the Monarchy). So, the way I see it, Croxoco can be boring by:
- Sending Ambassadors of Croxoco to Foreign Nations
- Receiving Ambassadors of Foreign Nations to Croxoco

Or, Croxoco can be unnecessarily pompous, self-important, and, so to speak, "up its own a*se" by:
- Sending His Croxoconian Majesty's Ambassadors to Foreign Nations
- Receiving Ambassadors of Foreign Nations to the Court of St Charlesburg

Croxoco wrote:Looks like the first priority of Croxoconian foreign policy will be to standardize and codify the rules regarding diplomatic relations.

Do you all have treaty titles by the way? For instance, the Sovereign of the United Kingdom is, for the purposes of diplomatic relations, referred to as Her Britannic Majesty, and treaties concluded by the British Government with say, the United States for example, are not treaties between the United Kingdom and the United States, but rather, treaties between Her Britannic Majesty and the United States. Like wise, it is not the "Embassy/Ambassador of the United Kingdom to the United States", but rather, "Her Britannic Majesty's Embassy/Ambassador to the United States". Conversely, it is not the "Embassy/Ambassador of the United States to the United Kingdom", but rather, the "Embassy/Ambassador of the United States to the Court of St James's".... indicating it is not a diplomatic mission to the Government as a whole, but rather, to the Sovereign herself, whose royal court is called the Court of St James's (St James's Palace has been the senior Palace of the British Monarchy since Whitehall burned down in 1698... even though the Monarch resides in and holds court at Buckingham Palace, St James's Palace remains the seat of the Monarchy). So, the way I see it, Croxoco can be boring by:
- Sending Ambassadors of Croxoco to Foreign Nations
- Receiving Ambassadors of Foreign Nations to Croxoco

Or, Croxoco can be unnecessarily pompous, self-important, and, so to speak, "up its own a*se" by:
- Sending His Croxoconian Majesty's Ambassadors to Foreign Nations
- Receiving Ambassadors of Foreign Nations to the Court of St Charlesburg

I vote “Pompous!” all the way.

Croxoco wrote:Looks like the first priority of Croxoconian foreign policy will be to standardize and codify the rules regarding diplomatic relations.

Do you all have treaty titles by the way? For instance, the Sovereign of the United Kingdom is, for the purposes of diplomatic relations, referred to as Her Britannic Majesty, and treaties concluded by the British Government with say, the United States for example, are not treaties between the United Kingdom and the United States, but rather, treaties between Her Britannic Majesty and the United States. Like wise, it is not the "Embassy/Ambassador of the United Kingdom to the United States", but rather, "Her Britannic Majesty's Embassy/Ambassador to the United States". Conversely, it is not the "Embassy/Ambassador of the United States to the United Kingdom", but rather, the "Embassy/Ambassador of the United States to the Court of St James's".... indicating it is not a diplomatic mission to the Government as a whole, but rather, to the Sovereign herself, whose royal court is called the Court of St James's (St James's Palace has been the senior Palace of the British Monarchy since Whitehall burned down in 1698... even though the Monarch resides in and holds court at Buckingham Palace, St James's Palace remains the seat of the Monarchy). So, the way I see it, Croxoco can be boring by:
- Sending Ambassadors of Croxoco to Foreign Nations
- Receiving Ambassadors of Foreign Nations to Croxoco

Or, Croxoco can be unnecessarily pompous, self-important, and, so to speak, "up its own a*se" by:
- Sending His Croxoconian Majesty's Ambassadors to Foreign Nations
- Receiving Ambassadors of Foreign Nations to the Court of St Charlesburg

My Grand Duke is probably the Grand Duke of both/either of Midgar and 46566. The proper name of my country could be the Grand Duchy of 46566 or Midgar. The formal name of my country is 46566 while Midgar is used more often as our native population is called Midgari.

I wouldn't mind formalising things like a Delta international court or even sports organizations. Maybe expand or create a trade organization and IMF to allow our nation's to send complaints and give rulings. It could give us more branches to rp then war.

While there is no enforcement branch for the outcomes it could get people to work together to find ways to encourage follow through. Mass agreement to divert trade for example and selected embargo.

My first reaction to the diplo title thing was "hah, silly imperials with their silly pompous titles." Then I remembered my nations diplo protocol is to sign contracts with nations and exchange liaisons... So, welp.

An international sports organization would be amazing, personally I'm more interested in RPing sports than war

Republic of Guadalajara

We're game, but only if the programme includes the following sports:

- Chess
- Azad
- Coding Game Jam
- Terraforming Mars (The Board Game)
- Terraforming Mars (For Real)
- Magic: The Gathering (Any non-casual format will do)
- Competitive Bake-Off

and of course

- Endurance Minecraft

Republic of Guadalajara wrote:An international sports organization would be amazing, personally I'm more interested in RPing sports than war

Chat with St Saratoga — our resident sports-RP guru.

I’m all in if there’s a type speedcar/hypercraft racing.

The Copper States

I wouldn't mind some magic the gathering. Probably my favorite game

Republic of Guadalajara wrote:An international sports organization would be amazing, personally I'm more interested in RPing sports than war

Most of our RPs are diplomatic in nature I think. It's mostly redrawing the balance of power and protecting the nation's trade interests. You could always find someone to do something with.

Athretvari wrote:Chat with St Saratoga — our resident sports-RP guru.

I’m all in if there’s a type speedcar/hypercraft racing.

Republic of Guadalajara wrote:An international sports organization would be amazing, personally I'm more interested in RPing sports than war

Ya know this got me thinking about my corps. Rather than having a national sports team for myself, I could use my various companies to sponsor different teams. Like Deguchi Logistics could sponsor my car racing team and Harmony could sponsor my hockey/mma fighters. Interesting stuff here.

Nedea wrote:Ya know this got me thinking about my corps. Rather than having a national sports team for myself, I could use my various companies to sponsor different teams. Like Deguchi Logistics could sponsor my car racing team and Harmony could sponsor my hockey/mma fighters. Interesting stuff here.

Why not have each corporation run a soccer league and the like. Each corporate department could have a team like harmony janitorial vs harmony human resources. It's not Harmony's fault they recently hired 4 professional players as consultants in their janitorial department. Maybe have a "independent" league of minor businesses. Your major league cup is the champions of each corporate leagues and runners up plus the sole independent league winner playing for the corporate cup or something. Imagine seeing Harmony playing another corporate team and imagine the gambling possibilities.

How was everyone’s weekend?

Athretvari wrote:How was everyone’s weekend?

Super busy. Can’t wait for some days off after a couple weeks straight of work.

Athretvari wrote:How was everyone’s weekend?

Pretty decent. Worked Saturday. Got into a new game on Sunday. Overall, cool but now I got TGs to answer.

Athretvari wrote:How was everyone’s weekend?

Fairly productive, drafted various foundation treaty proposals aiming to establish diplomatic relations in Delta. Also wrote a hell of alot of a work of constitutional theory and debate I've been working on for a while, in what is shaping out to be a thoroughly extensive analysis and evaluation of the British Constitution (yes, it may not be codified, but us brits still have a Constitution). Presently just hammering out the organization of the executive branch of my nation's government.

Croxoco wrote:Fairly productive, drafted various foundation treaty proposals aiming to establish diplomatic relations in Delta. Also wrote a hell of alot of a work of constitutional theory and debate I've been working on for a while, in what is shaping out to be a thoroughly extensive analysis and evaluation of the British Constitution (yes, it may not be codified, but us brits still have a Constitution). Presently just hammering out the organization of the executive branch of my nation's government.

That’s something I’d enjoy reading. I find the UK’s government fascinating. I love how much of its complexity is a reflection of the country’s history and evolution. I’ve styled Athretvari’s complex system along the same idea—complex as a direct reflection of its evolution.

«12. . .147148149150

Advertisement