I wouldn't ask of you or anyone to do that. But if you do find something interesting, you can always share! I definitely am curious to watch / read interesting themed items. Perhaps sometimes I'll share some myself. And obviously if there's someone that wants to dedicate time to do this on a continuous basis we can accomodate that
Tolkien was influenced by many origins, although most of them were part of his childhood times around the UK (and he was especially familiar with the old english language), the world war stages he participated in and then some nordic and greek mythologies from whatever books he read. And Russian lore may as well have been part of his repertoire!
earlier i was also trying to connect rohan to cossacks :D
Greetings and salutations!
As a separate matter, Middle Earth lacks a regional welcome message. At one point in the past there was one in the working, but there was a conflict regarding the text and I felt uneasy using it. So we are open to ideas or text examples about what to add in a welcome message!
1 SHIP wreck *wink*
2 *Dies of laughter*
Yeah, but worth it to troll our newbies
Also if you want a combo of both and some blursed fringe on top, Reddit is the place to go.
BTW I'll be on only on weekends
1. link it directly then please
2. *dies of cringe*
3. D: im not a newbie im frodobaggins. And i know some laws and customs o fthe eldar especially concerning marraige myself
4. reddit is for dank mīms of the silmarillion and lore of middle earth
1. Lol it's about a fan-fic ship doing bad stuff to maedhros and fingon, also i saw a FF where the made it that fingon could change his gender and .....
Maedhros is Gil-galad(version1)'s father, I know it's a utter stupidity.
3.I know, but youre still considered a newbie,
wait no youre actually not anymore since last month.
Oops my mistake.
4.OHOHOHOHOHO FEANOR DID EVERYTHING WRONG
1. ok no im not reading this shi*t
3. i think my first nation is older than yours but it has never been in midd erth
in return of beleriand rp, where i play at my nation frodobaggins as Isil-Galad, i have changed Isil-Galad's story a bit, not in the RP but generally in my mind. Since i recognise that Gil Galad is Son of Fingon(whether you like it or not this is the most logic version), and isil is supposed to be the nephew of fingon, instead of adding a character as brother of fingon i have decided to make Isil-Galad way older(born in Valinor) and son of Turgon. This is only an idea i made in my head and i yet wont make any changements to the current Ithil/Isil-Galad.
aye, it does
Greetings, Men, Dwarves, Elves, Humans, hobbits, and other races of Middle Earth!
The fact that our Primary RP, the return of the almighty Beleriand is really inactive, gets concering. It is our primary RP and should be our most active RP. I therefore encourage you to post in it, and join it if possible! If it will continue like that i will cancel th CoH RP.
Have a Good Day,
Saeros of Doriath, or FrodoBaggins
I agree, there is a lot of inactivity as of recently, more so than the one we are accustomed to.
I always try to be around in case there's need of some decisionmaking regarding Middle Earth, even if I am not an active poster. But I've solved quite a few of my RL things and I have a bit more free time; I'll try to spend a fraction of that here and in that chill RP at Hobbiton. But most likely starting on Monday
FURTHER BUIDLING OF MY CHARACTER ITHIL GALAD
ive just had a crazy idea...... what if Ithil Galad(the character i invented for return of beleriand rp) is Gil-Galad somehow not dying during the war of the last alliance and living in secret in rivendell/ Gil Galad reborn and sent to middle earth to act as another messenger? why would he have Aeglos then? I dont think the whole Idea of Ithil Galad not being Gil and owning Aeglos was quite logic.
Share your thoughts! which do you like better!
-Ithil Galad Nephew of Gil(born in 508 FA)
-Ithil Galad Cousin of Gil(son of Turgon born in Valinor in 1488 YT)
-Ithil Galad as Gil(if yes, say which one you like better:
- messenger of the Valar
- survived, lives in disguise)
Note: i myself am puzzled about a character i created myself which is kinda ridiculous. wow. While creating him i never thought id end up a few months later having 2 side theories for him.
edit: this is exactly how i imagine Gil-Galad now that i found this drawing on tumblr(yes, i do look through the site occasionally looking for good art, and im kinda ashamed of it seeing pictures of well......yeah, things i dont like): https://postimg.cc/gLLWMxcK
does anyone look forward to season 1 of lotr on prime? if yes, what are you looking forward to?
as for me, im looking ofrward to GIL-GALAD!
Gil Galad reborn does fit with the lore of Tolkien, as he proved himself to be quite worthy to be reincarnated. However, I am unsure how soon elves can be reborn, and I say this because I thought the Return of Beleriand RP events were happening around the 2nd Age, and the death of Gil Galad marked the end of the second age and the beginning of the 3rd age. As a survivor in disguise, this can be interesting from a roleplaying point of view, although I find it hard to imagine cowardice as a trait of his character (or any other reason why he wanted to be in disguise?)
All of the above can fit with the theme of the RP, as a roleplay is an act of the mind and whatever fits your story(line). I am interested to see where it leads you!
I am very much looking forward to, although I was a bit saddened that they decided to push the premiere date to late 2022.
1. the return of beleriand rp happens when Bilbo returns from his quest in Erebor to Rivendell, in 2941 TA, if im right, so being reborn and sent to middle earth for Gil-Galad would be a normal thing to do. glorfindel was sent back 1677 years after his death in gondolin, so why couldnt gil galad be sent, lets say, 2500 years after his own death, for it was heroic, and he was powerful indeed. The disguise thing is that he was seriously wounded in battle with Sauron and was dropped on the floor but after the battle was rescued by some Elves. They healed him, but he decided not to return...........yet. I myself prefer the 1st version though.
2. Yeah, that was quite sad. i was exepecting january or feruary 2022, but they said september 2 2022. Well, we all must wait now, hope the trailer will be bigger now that the season 1 was moved. They finished filming just a week ago, so idk why they need so much time