WA Delegate: None.
Last WA Update:
Today's World Census Report
The Most Extensive Civil Rights in Mars
The citizens of nations ranked highly enjoy a great amount of civil rights, or freedoms to go about their personal business without interference or regulation from government.
As a region, Mars is ranked 9,501st in the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
|1.||The Allied States of The 5th Doctor||Civil Rights Lovefest||“At times like this I wish I still had my scarf.”|
|2.||The Independent Colonies of Aurorae Sinus||Anarchy||“Ad astra per alas fideles”|
|3.||The Colony of Feynland Mars||Civil Rights Lovefest||“We see the stars, and we want them. ”|
|4.||The Whimsical Republic of The Orion Nebula||Father Knows Best State||“They who give up comedy for maturity, deserve neither”|
|5.||The Armed Republic of Ares Lyricalia||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Ex pulve, vita”|
|6.||The Republic of Nitrogen||Democratic Socialists||“It's Elementary, My Dear.”|
|7.||The Isolation of Doctor Manhattan||Father Knows Best State||“The Morality of My Activities Escapes Me”|
|8.||The Dominion of Greater American Co-prosperity Sphere||Father Knows Best State||“Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit”|
|9.||The Skillful Sculptors of Fanatical Terraformers||Psychotic Dictatorship||“antagonistically altering skylines of unwilling planets”|
|10.||The Desperation of Mars Needs Women||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Please baby baby please!”|
- : The Whimsical Republic of The Orion Nebula arrived from Osiris.
- : The Grand Duchy of Munatopia departed this region for Forest.
- : The Grand Duchy of Munatopia arrived from The North Pacific.
- : The Holy Empire of Dominant Oppressors of the region United Christian Empires of the West proposed constructing embassies.
- : The red bears of mars ceased to exist.
- : Martian winterfell ceased to exist.
- : The USS Salmoneus of Starfleet Material Command departed this region for Firefly.
- : The USS Salmoneus of Starfleet Material Command arrived from The Dank Meme Alliance.
- : 63 ceased to exist.
- : Zkaza lost WA Delegate status.
Mars Regional Message Board
Yavolt mein herring bone!
Nations of Mars,
For too long have the soft, plump people of Earth subjected our beautiful red planet to their whims and fancies. Their surpluses of vegetation and breathable air have made them weak and wasteful, and their quibbling, sniveling demagogues have imposed their frivolous decisions of their World Assembly upon our own world with no representation from our own ranks.
I humbly beseech your endorsement as the World Assembly Delegate for Mars. With your support, I will ensure that the interests of Mars are represented, and that at long last the voice of our strong and stalwart planet is heard! It is time to stop the Earthers from ruling a planet that they do not know!
With personal humility and collective pride,
The Martian Territories of Zkaza
In the latest WA vote on the "Don't Kill The Poor Act," Zkaza has cast a vote of no. I would like to clarify that decision.
The resolution was poorly written, ill-researched, and ambiguously worded. The title of the resolution was sensationalist and didn't properly describe the actual resolution. The verbiage of the Act grossly misused the term "genocide," and was in several places syntactically ambiguous, especially in point 3.
Unfortunately, the motion will likely pass. I simply wanted to make it clear that, while Zkaza agrees with the underlying sentiment of the resolution, we cannot support an act whose verbiage could be misunderstood and misused on member nations.
With the highest regards,
The Martian Territories of Zkaza, Mars Delegate to the World Assembly
The photograph is in my hand. It is the photograph of a man and a woman. They are at an amusement park, in 1959. ... I'm tired of looking at the photograph now. I open my fingers. It falls to the sand at my feet. I am going to look at the stars. They are so far away, and their light takes so long to reach us... All we ever see of stars are their old photographs.
It is my sincere pleasure to welcome Doctor Manhattan to Mars! Also, Trienga has rejoined us after a brief hiatus from existing. The Red Planet is quiet, but welcoming, and we hope that you will enjoy peace and prosperity here, free from the gluttony and sensationalism of Earth.
The Martian Territories of Zkaza have recently enjoyed the honor of representing Mars in the World Assembly, and we are committed to representing the interests of all Martians in this important governing body. Our delegate's voting policy is to join the voting at the end of the allotted period, and to vote according to the majority Martian vote. Where our delegate does not vote according to the majority, the decision is explained in full. We encourage you to join the World Assembly and endorse the Martian Territories of Zkaza in order to strengthen our representation among the delicate and unsavory nations of Earth.
Please do not hesitate to contact our government offices by telegram if you have any questions or comments about Mars.
Prosperity through Sacrifice, fellow Martians.
Fellow Nations of Mars,
The Zkazai Representative and Martian Regional Delegate to the World Assembly has cast a vote of "No" in the resolution currently at vote, "Command Responsibility." Because the Zkazai delegate's vote stands in opposition to existing "Yes" votes from Martian WA member nations, this communique seeks to explain the decision. There are two major reasons that the Zkazai delegate opposes the resolution:
1) The resolution begins with an overly emotional appeal. Appeals in ethos have no place in resolutions which affect the entirety of the world assembly, and should instead be appeals in logos using data and definable metrics. The Zkazai delegate cannot support an emotionally driven resolution.
2) Article II of the resolution, "Subordinate Rights and Duties," places too much undue responsibility on the subordinates of the individuals under command of the "commanders" defined in Article I (which in itself is an unreasonably large demographic), requiring them to maintain complete knowledge of World Assembly laws and regulations. This article subsequently creates the potential for a loss of military cohesion which could be dangerous to member states.
As such, the Zkazai World Assembly Delegate for Mars urges member nations to reconsider their "Yes" vote and recommends casting a "No" vote in the matter of the resolution "Command Responsibility."
The Martian Territories of Zkaza
I mean, even an unexceptional soldier can realize that an order to (say) gun down a refugee convoy is something he should refuse. You don't have to be a lawyer to know what crimes are.
That said, the resolution passed and this is moot.