1. wrong, you can buy oxygen canisters
2. wrong, you purchase military vessels and enforce the claim that the ocean is yours
3. Wrong, https://lunarembassy.com/product/buy-lunar-land-on-the-moon-lunar-embassy/
4. Capitalism isn’t a physical object, emotion or something you can buy, so i guess you’re right, but it doesn’t count
5. Buy the title of president, buy the military, buy the transport sector etc etc and you have yourself a country
6. See above, buy enough countries and you own the world
7. Wrong, this is a pretty easy thing to buy if you’re a country and have the money, and a military. Could also buy a tiny replica one
Money may not buy happiness, but money can buy a dog, and the wag of its tail, well I’ll get that myself.
Money may not buy life, but it does buy food, and we can live on using it.
Money cannot buy abstract things, but it can buy material things that help the abstract things.
So I’d say that money can kinda buy everything.
Also “Leader or follower”
Its a mix. I’m a follower among familiars but a leader among strangers. I guess that’s because I’d be willing to listen to someone I trust, but I only trust my own judgement in a group of strangers.
Oh I get that. This is my fifth nation and I still sometimes get a desire to start anew, with a clean slate. But I'm fond of this one. Yours has an interesting name, looks like some alternative history Italian nation (which is actually what Sancta Romana Ecclesia is!).
We would greatly appreciate if you would put the other three nations in Icor though! It's Karman territory. You could still talk with these three nations on Karma's Regional Message Board, thanks to the embassy two regions share. The reason being, we want Karma to be the highest region in average WA endorsements received. This would help in achieving that goal :p
I feel more comfortable with following than leading. As a follower you need to care about doing your work well, another sets the goals. And as long as those goals are not manifestly stupid or wrong, it is not your responsibility if these goals lead somewhere productive or if they lead to nowhere. This is the leader's responsibility. You may of course give your boss ideas on what you should be doing and the best followers are not pure followers. The best followers come up with and suggest new goals for their leader. But it is he that makes the calls and has to accept their consequences.
However, I definitely won't be comfortable with following someone who, in my opinion, does not know what they're doing. In that case I will either seek to get in their position or replace them with someone else. And there's undeniably a certain satisfaction in having a leadership position, even though it brings also some extra cares into your life.
So to recap, follower is my default stance. But I won't shy away from being a leader if somebody gives me the opportunity to do so (and I believe that I can do it), but I won't actively seek it out, unless I think that the current leader is bad.
Hey you beautiful folks!! Fridate is over and the dust has settled. That means it’s time to get back to usual business. And usual business of course means... the question of the day baby yeahhhhh!!!
What is your favorite scent of candle?
For me, it’d have to be these candle squares I found a long time ago that inexplicably smell exactly like fruit loops and they are the best scent ever and I love them.
Welcome to Karma! Be sure to check out our newbie guide, lots of great info!
Karma's Newbie Guide
• Answering issues develops your nation into something unique!
• Up to four new issues appear every day.
• Don't be afraid to dismiss an issue you don't like.
► Be sure to check Require confirmation in Settings to prevent accidentally accepting the wrong issue answer!
Staying Alive & Growing
• You must log in at least once every 28 days or your nation will Cease To Exist (CTE).
• It takes 20 days for your population to reach 62 million, after which population increases by 5-7 million per day.
Time From Creation
An issue will allow you to name your capital.
Custom classification. For example: The "Something" of Bitty Kitty.
An issue will allow you to name your leader.
An issue will allow you to name your religion.
Getting Involved: Regional Message Board
• The easiest way to get involved in Karma is by getting active on our Regional Message Board (RMB).
• Please come introduce yourself on the RMB!
Getting Involved: Discord
• We're quite active on discord and it's the best way to get to know us and learn more about NationStates and Karma.
• Discord is a free chat program for gamers. More information about Discord can be found at discordapp.com.
• And here's the link to Karma's discord: KARMA'S DISCORD
Getting Involved: World Assembly
• The World Assembly (WA) is the world's governing body, much like the UN in the real world.
• Please show your support for Karma by joining the WA and Endorsing Our Delegate.
• We like strong endorsement numbers, so endorse as many people as you can, and we'll be sure to endorse you back!
Blocking Recruitment Telegrams
When you're ready to silence the storm of recruitment telegrams, do the following:
• Go to your Telegram Preferences.
• Click the Block All button for Recruitment.
• Click Update Filter.
Additional Guides & Info
• More information about Karma can be found in The Karma Hub.
• NationStates has it's own FAQ which can answer many basic questions.
• Here's a Super Awesome Guide that goes much deeper into everything NationStates.
• Don't be afraid to ask questions. We enjoy helping new players understand NationStates.
• If you want to see who's who in Karma, check out my dispatch, Collective Karma: Notable Nations.
Hey guys!! It's been a week, I'd like you to please welcome our new WA Members! Endorsements go a long way for the region, and it's a great way to say welcome!
The nepal himalayas
Drobeta Turnu Severin
Welcome to the WA yall, and everyone else please go and endorse them, spread the love!
have a great day everyone