WA Delegate (non-executive): The Republic of The People Of New Thebes (elected )
Last WA Update:
Embassies: Christmas, Ireland, Brasil, United States of America, Australia, Portugal, Japan, Cyland, Empire of Great Britain, The New Mappers Union, Singapore, Union of Christian Nations, The Okchi Union, Bloco Liberal, Philippines, Mediterranean, and 27 others.Hiyamashu, Monarchist and Democratic Alliance, Paraguay, Zombie Research Institute, Libertatem, Atlantis, The Metaxist Front, Corfu, Africa, Bharat, American Jewish Committee, Jervis Bay Territory, South Pacific, The New Meritocracy, Nasicournia, United States of Femdom, The New European League, The Great Universe, Europe but better, United of Loush Lands, Anti Fairy Pact, Hellenic League, Aillada, The Acropolis, Great Basin, Aissurian Union, and Nordic Territories.
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Basket Weaving Sector in Greece
World Census agents infiltrated a variety of out-of-the-way towns and festivals in order to determine which nations have the most developed Basket Weaving industries.
As a region, Greece is ranked 10,431st in the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
|1.||The Republic of Graikos||Anarchy||“Ίσχύς μου ή άγάπη του λαού”|
|2.||The Pageant Representative of Amphipolis||Anarchy||“Εδώ είναι ... Μις Αμφίπολη”|
|3.||The Queendom of The Seven Ionian Islands||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Αιέν αριστεύειν και υπείροχον έμμεναι άλλων”|
|4.||The Republic of Region of Epirus||Anarchy||“Progress with Humanity”|
|5.||The Principality of Southern Sporades||Moralistic Democracy||“The Twelve Islands”|
|6.||The Republic of Ementhets||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Twirling Toward Freedom”|
|7.||The City-States of Nikopolis of Nikolaos The Great||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Knowledge, Wisdom, Prosperity”|
|8.||The Republic of Phocenion||Tyranny by Majority||“Απαγορεύστε το άδικο.”|
|9.||The Free Land of Pirates Territory||Anarchy||“Keep to the code”|
|10.||The Republic of Anandagar||Democratic Socialists||“You Can't Stop Progress”|
- : The Republic of Phocenion arrived from Grecian league.
- : The Republic of Phocenion departed this region for Grecian league.
- : The Republic of Phocenion arrived from The East Pacific.
- : Hmhs brittanic ceased to exist.
- : The Free Land of Pirates Territory arrived from The East Pacific.
- : The Republic of Graikos arrived from The East Pacific.
- : The Empire of Empire of coolguy of the region THE NEWS proposed constructing embassies.
- : Embassy established between Greece and Nordic Territories.
- : The Protecting Breeze of Grecian Winds agreed to construct embassies with Nordic Territories.
- : The Weeb heaven of Dollystana of the region Nordic Territories proposed constructing embassies.
Greece Regional Message Board
Hi everyone, Sorry to disrupt the conversation...I'd really appreciate your vote for me as the World Assembly Secretary-General. I do not have the $$$ or alliances of the top 5 but I believe that us in GCRs can build a grassroots movement to elect a strong and sensible candidate and I ask for your kind support. page=election
I am running as a Moderate, Centrist candidate and was really hoping you could turn out to show NationStates that candidates that aim to bring people together have a strong voice and promote sensible policy, multilateralism & peace. If the Regional Leadership are behind me, I'd really appreciate a regional boost and endorsement :)
- THE CANDIDATE OF THE SENSIBLE CENTRE -
■ Dominant Oppressors - Founder - United Christian Empire of the West
■ The Democratic Nation of Unovia - Minister of Foreign Affairs - New World Union
■ Nikoland Piczi - 2nd Deputy Secretary-General - United League of Nations
■ Sanpine - Attorney-General - League of Christian Nations
The Democratic Nation of Unovia: "In a sea of extremes, it is refreshing to see such a moderate who is willing to listen to others. Regions who are in the moderate camp, such as New World Union, appreciate a grassroots campaign, like Ecclestia."
-The Democratic Nation of Unovia Minister of Foreign Affairs in New World Union
Please telegram Ecclestia if your Region would like to support the campaign
Union of Christian Nations
- Founder & WA Delegate:Union of Christian Nations
- Chair: Court of International Law and Justice
- Foreign Secretary:Europe
Centrism, Multilateralism, Social Liberalism, Green Liberalism,
Christian Democracy, Pacifism.
Thank you for considering my candidacy for Secretary-General of the World Assembly.
Having had a range of experience in a multitude of Regions & positions, I stand, asking for your vote to this prestigious chair. I have 3 guiding ideological principles which I will always employ in every regional & interregional decision-making.
1. Liberalism - Liberalism advocates for the liberty and equal rights of all individuals. This manifests for me as Social Liberalism which endorses the expansion of civil and political rights and calls for a regulated free market economy and international sphere which promotes the liberty and rights of all individuals. I also also aim to advance Green Liberalism which recognises that environmental degradation has adverse effects on people livelihoods and advocates for sustainable practices to be embedded within liberal economic and social spheres.
2. Multilateralism - Multilateralism is a foreign policy stance which aims to work with a broad set of actors to achieve common goals. I am Pro-WA and encourage participation in the World Assembly (WA) as well as actively support and promote interregional organisations and treaties. Informed by my christian faith, I am also a pacifist and strongly advocate for the peaceful, non-violent settlement of disputes and actively promote peace and co-operation.
3. Christian Democracy - Christian Democracy advocates for strong, robust and independent democratic institutions alongside a commitment to the welfare of people, believing this to be the most important factor in making economic and social policy decisions. This places us economically in the centre where a green social market-economy with free trade, private ownership & fair competition are mixed with a welfare state, social policy & environmental regulation.
We are going to hold elections for Premier.
Anyone who wants to participate, feel free to join the discord server. (State your nation name once you join, so we know who is who obviously so votes can be verified).
Also, people can create their own 'political party' and have some policies.
We have two at the moment, EOXME (The National Organization of Xites and Militarists of Greece), and URoG (United Region of Greece).
It is not necessary however to have a party to run for Premier (WA Delegate).
Read the constitution as you will be bound by it.
Members of the region, 'citizens' take part in the Senate, where things are discussed. That all happens on the Discord server.
We are looking at a cut off date of May 14th for nominations.
ps, only one nation/vote per person, puppets can't be used.
╭━━━━╮ This is meme dog. Help
╰┃ ┣▇━▇ meme dog take over nation-states
┃ ┃ ╰━▅╮ by pasting
╰┳╯ ╰━━┳╯ him in 10 other
╰╮ ┳━━╯ regions or he
▕▔▋ ╰╮╭━╮ will never be a meme
▏ ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ O O┃
Hello people. Καλησπέρα
World reacts to Turkey reconverting Hagia Sophia into a mosque
UNESCO, Greece, Cyprus and church leaders among others express concern about changing status of the sixth-century site.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan declared Istanbul's iconic Hagia Sophia open to Muslim worship on Friday after a top court ruled the building's conversion to a museum by modern Turkey's founding statesman was illegal.
Erdogan made his announcement, just an hour after the court ruling was revealed, despite international warnings not to change the status of the nearly 1,500-year-old monument, revered by Christians and Muslims alike.
"The decision was taken to hand over the management of the Ayasofya Mosque ... to the Religious Affairs Directorate and open it for worship," the decision signed by Erdogan said.
The UNESCO World Heritage Site in Istanbul, a magnet for tourists worldwide, was first constructed as a cathedral in the Christian Byzantine Empire but was converted into a mosque after the Ottoman conquest of Constantinople in 1453.
The court decision was followed quickly by Erdogan saying that the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Istanbul would be reopened for Muslim worship.
The Council of State, Turkey's highest administrative court, unanimously cancelled a 1934 cabinet decision and said Hagia Sophia was registered as a mosque in its property deeds.
The United States, Greece and church leaders were among those to express concern about changing the status of the huge sixth-century building, converted into a museum in the early days of the modern secular Turkish state under Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.
Below is a round-up of international reaction to Friday's decisions.
- The Russian Orthodox Church expressed dismay at Turkey's decision to revoke the museum status of Hagia Sophia, accusing it of ignoring voices of millions of Christians.
"The concern of millions of Christians has not been heard," Russian Orthodox Church spokesman Vladimir Legoida said in comments carried by the Russian news agency Interfax.
"Today's court ruling shows that all calls for the need for extreme delicacy in this matter were ignored," Legoida said.
The Russian Orthodox Church previously urged caution over calls to alter the status of the historic former cathedral, and Russian Patriarch Kirill said he was "deeply concerned" about such a potential move and called it a "threat to the whole of Christian civilisation".
Previously, Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, the spiritual head of some 300 million Orthodox Christians worldwide and based in Istanbul, said converting it into a mosque would disappoint Christians and would "fracture" East and West.
- UNESCO said its World Heritage Committee would review Hagia Sophia's status, saying it was "regrettable that the Turkish decision was not the subject of dialog nor notification beforehand".
"UNESCO calls on the Turkish authorities to open a dialog without delay in order to avoid a step back from the universal value of this exceptional heritage whose preservation will be reviewed by the World Heritage Committee in its next session," the United Nation's cultural body said in a statement.
The European Union
- The European Union's foreign policy chief Josep Borrell called the decision "regrettable".
"The ruling by the Turkish Council of State to overturn one of modern Turkey's landmark decisions and President Erdogan's decision to place the monument under the management of the Religious Affairs Presidency is regrettable," he said in a statement.
- Cypriot Foreign Minister Nikos Christodoulides, a Greek Cypriot, posted on his official Twitter account that Cyprus "strongly condemns Turkey's actions on Hagia Sophia in its effort to distract domestic opinion and calls on Turkey to respect its international obligations".
United States of America
- "We are disappointed by the decision by the government of Turkey to change the status of the Hagia Sophia," Morgan Ortagus, State Department spokesperson, said in a statement.
We understand the Turkish Government remains committed to maintaining access to the Hagia Sophia for all visitors, and look forward to hearing its plans for continued stewardship of the Hagia Sophia to ensure it remains accessible without impediment for all."
- Greece branded Turkey's move an "open provocation to the civilised world".
"The nationalism displayed by Erdogan ... takes his country back six centuries," Culture Minister Lina Mendoni said in a statement.
Mendoni further said the court ruling "absolutely confirms that there is no independent justice" in Turkey.
- Vladimir Dzhabarov, deputy head of the foreign affairs committee in the Russian upper house of parliament, called the action "a mistake".
"Turning it into a mosque will not do anything for the Muslim world. It does not bring nations together, but on the contrary brings them into collision," he said.