by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem RMB

WA Delegate: None.

Founder: The Native Peoples of Yellowstone Valley

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

Most Cheerful Citizens: 695th Nicest Citizens: 1,080th Most Compassionate Citizens: 1,088th+9
Most Rebellious Youth: 1,130th Highest Foreign Aid Spending: 1,179th Largest Welfare Programs: 1,222nd Most Influential: 1,425th Largest Populations: 1,682nd Most Stationary: 1,684th Most Advanced Public Transport: 1,777th Most Eco-Friendly Governments: 1,930th Best Weather: 2,162nd
World Factbook Entry

The Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem (GYE), at 28,000 square miles, is one of the largest intact temperate-zone ecosystems on Earth today, encompassing Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. It is one of the world's foremost natural laboratories in landscape ecology and geology and is a world-renowned recreational site.

Greater Yellowstone’s natural diversity is essentially intact, retaining or restoring its full historic complement of wildlife species—unique in the wildlands of the contiguous 48 states. Habitats range from high alpine areas to sagebrush, hydrothermal, forests, meadows, and other habitat types. All of these are connected, including linkages provided by streams and rivers that course through changing elevations.

LinkMAP


Embassies: The Illuminati, Taijitu, Cascadia, The Pacific Northwest, Regionless, Bus Stop, SECFanatics, The Great Universe, Nature Republic, The Embassy, Fredonia, Union of Conservative Nations s, Nuovoiork, United States of Femdom, and Codex Ylvus.

Tags: Casual, Eco-Friendly, Map, Minuscule, and Neutral.

Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem contains 2 nations.

Today's World Census Report

The Largest Mining Sector in Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem

World Census experts measured the volume of stuff removed from the ground to determine which nations have the largest mining industries.

As a region, Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem is ranked 20,989th in the world for Largest Mining Sector.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Protectorate of Friendly Park RangersFather Knows Best State“Welcome. Please stay on the trail. Don't feed the bears”
2.The Native Peoples of Yellowstone ValleyScandinavian Liberal Paradise“Indigenous and Grateful”

Regional Happenings

More...

Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem Regional Message Board

Normally, we don't keep people out of Yellowstone. But Raymond Reinke, age 55, from Pendleton, Oregon is a Grade A @$$/-/@+ who taunts our bison, drives drunk & reckless, and gets into fights constantly with our guests. By the power vested in me, we sentence him to stand in front of a herd of bison bulls in a cow costume. Which is also filled with fire ants.

I've heard of ears getting cleaned, but to have Ear Spring erupt and spew out trash thrown in from several decades ago...that's amazing! They used to do it a lot. Morning Glory got clogged that way. But let's not see that happen again...the trash, that is.

In response to the killing of our beloved and famous park wolves, we officially declare it open season on trophy hunters. Yes, we support the right to arm bears, too.

A reminder, folks, the bison can and will charge you. And they are faster than you are.

Friendly Park Rangers wrote:A reminder, folks, the bison can and will charge you. And they are faster than you are.

When my family and I were in Medora, we had to wait a whole hour just so a couple bison could cross the road.

Nuovoiork wrote: When my family and I were in Medora, we had to wait a whole hour just so a couple bison could cross the road.

Welcome back, Nuovoiork. My apologies for my lack of correspondence. It's been a challenging time these last few years.

Yep. Nothing like a couple of bison to make you remember to slow down, be aware of your surroundings, and be grateful for life.

I personally don't mind if they are slow; it's when they are fast that you gotta watch out. I was in Yellowstone at Mud Volcano when the males came up while the females and calves stayed down in the Hayden Valley. Being boys, they'd challenge each other and sometimes get into fights. My wife and I came down one boardwalk, and there was this bull coming up. It stopped and snorted. Now, with boiling mud around us, weren't anywhere else to go. So we froze. I turned my head to took a look behind me, and there in my peripheral was another bull, lying in the mud. I realized that we puny humans were directly in between, so I carefully coaxed my wife and a couple of other folks along so they could do their bison thing. Really gets the adrenaline going, I tell you what. Powerful experience.

Yellowstone Valley wrote:Welcome back, Nuovoiork. My apologies for my lack of correspondence. It's been a challenging time these last few years.

Yep. Nothing like a couple of bison to make you remember to slow down, be aware of your surroundings, and be grateful for life.

I personally don't mind if they are slow; it's when they are fast that you gotta watch out. I was in Yellowstone at Mud Volcano when the males came up while the females and calves stayed down in the Hayden Valley. Being boys, they'd challenge each other and sometimes get into fights. My wife and I came down one boardwalk, and there was this bull coming up. It stopped and snorted. Now, with boiling mud around us, weren't anywhere else to go. So we froze. I turned my head to took a look behind me, and there in my peripheral was another bull, lying in the mud. I realized that we puny humans were directly in between, so I carefully coaxed my wife and a couple of other folks along so they could do their bison thing. Really gets the adrenaline going, I tell you what. Powerful experience.

Would you consider yourself an animal person?

Nuovoiork wrote:Would you consider yourself an animal person?

I like and respect animals. My family includes pets.
How about you? Do you consider yourself an animal person?

Yellowstone Valley wrote:I like and respect animals. My family includes pets.
How about you? Do you consider yourself an animal person?

I eat them sometimes, but not often. I prefer the tame wilderness of a city's park.

Hibernation. Gotta love it.
Also, there's a new thermal area popping up. Tern, I believe it's called.

Forum View

Advertisement