by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .2,0562,0572,0582,0592,0602,0612,062. . .2,2222,223»

Ah, so two of my puppets rank higher than me in this Best Nation thingy. Funny.

Mount Seymour, Atsvea, Lord Dominator, Middle Barael, and 2 othersThe most serene republicans, and Lugnan

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Ah, so two of my puppets rank higher than me in this Best Nation thingy. Funny.

Seems like people totally click randomly and there is way too many puppets... I bet some nation end up more often on the vote screen, but since I don't know how the randomness work with the voting option it's hard to say.

How do you see your own ranking/score? I can vote on other nations, but I haven’t yet found where to view Middle Barael’s score

Middle Barael wrote:How do you see your own ranking/score? I can vote on other nations, but I haven’t yet found where to view Middle Barael’s score

Just go to your own nation page. It is in the beginning of your nation's description.

Middle Barael wrote:How do you see your own ranking/score? I can vote on other nations, but I haven’t yet found where to view Middle Barael’s score

Your own nation page shows your positioning.

Middle Barael wrote:How do you see your own ranking/score? I can vote on other nations, but I haven’t yet found where to view Middle Barael’s score

It's possible that, like me, you're unranked, probably because no one has had to pick between you and someone else. Or because no one will pick you ;;

EDIT: Both of my puppets are ranked but not me ):

Love and Nature wrote:Your own nation page shows your positioning.

Only if you've got a reasonably high ranking. Mine doesn't say a thing.

EDIT: OK, well now it does.

I am sorry but this is the lamest April Fools' Day event ever. Is this even supposed to be fun? No strategizing is possible at all. No "game-like" feature either. Just vote between two random nations that you are given a choice with, and nothing to base your vote on.

If Max is trying to drive home the point that popularity is ultimately just some random sh1t, I guess the point is taken.

Feline masters

I don't understand why players do not vote for a cute kitty like me. I am clearly the BEST nation around here, whether you certify that with your votes or not. Most of you are humans anyway. Your votes shouldn't matter.

<(*ΦωΦ*)>

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:I am sorry but this is the lamest April Fools' Day event ever. Is this even supposed to be fun? No strategizing is possible at all. No "game-like" feature either. Just vote between two random nations that you are given a choice with, and nothing to base your vote on.

If Max is trying to drive home the point that popularity is ultimately just some random sh1t, I guess the point is taken.

Yeah, I was hoping there'd be something good this year since it's been 4 years since the first N-Day and 8 years since the first Z-Day.

Quick question: how does the election work again? Does Cypher need a majority or do we go into runoffs if he only has a plurality?

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Just go to your own nation page. It is in the beginning of your nation's description.

Love and Nature wrote:Your own nation page shows your positioning.

Lura wrote:It's possible that, like me, you're unranked, probably because no one has had to pick between you and someone else. Or because no one will pick you ;;

EDIT: Both of my puppets are ranked but not me ):

Yeah that’s the first place I checked. I guess o just haven’t been ranked yet

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:I am sorry but this is the lamest April Fools' Day event ever. Is this even supposed to be fun? No strategizing is possible at all. No "game-like" feature either. Just vote between two random nations that you are given a choice with, and nothing to base your vote on.

If Max is trying to drive home the point that popularity is ultimately just some random sh1t, I guess the point is taken.

Wait, you mean that you don't enjoy deciding whether "Womble 7586" or "Card Farm 249" is better?! Pfft, I guess we can't all have fine tastes. ;-)

If it were that you picked from a region, that would be somewhat better. I must have clicked through 200 out of curiosity, and I only found Sacara and Sapnu puas, but I didn't see anyone else at all. It seems kind of...pointless, I guess?

Difinbelk wrote:Quick question: how does the election work again? Does Cypher need a majority or do we go into runoffs if he only has a plurality?

Yes, if nobody has a majority, the top two candidates go to a runoff with the same criteria as the current poll. Happily, I shall be spared from playing the part of tie-breaker.

But it's not necessarily what the numbers show; remember that only the nations on my list from Mon. Mar. 22nd are eligible to vote, so I will manually cross-reference everything and then announce the actual results.

Middle Barael wrote:Yeah that’s the first place I checked. I guess o just haven’t been ranked yet

Mood.

Ruinenlust wrote:<snip>
Yes, if nobody has a majority, the top two candidates go to a runoff with the same criteria as the current poll. <snip>

Ah, ok, I guess we'll see what happens then...

Ruinenlust wrote:Wait, you mean that you don't enjoy deciding whether "Womble 7586" or "Card Farm 249" is better?! Pfft, I guess we can't all have fine tastes. ;-)

If it were that you picked from a region, that would be somewhat better. I must have clicked through 200 out of curiosity, and I only found Sacara and Sapnu puas, but I didn't see anyone else at all. It seems kind of...pointless, I guess?

Of our region mates, I've only seen Hyrule and Lorule and Liberal Liberals. I too would like the option to pick between the nations of Forest, that sounds like a better version of this.

More than anything, it makes me think there should be a pretty harsh limit on the number of puppets one person can have. I suggest 10 as an upper limit, but even that would probably result in puppet saturation.

Lura wrote:Of our region mates, I've only seen Hyrule and Lorule and Liberal Liberals. I too would like the option to pick between the nations of Forest, that sounds like a better version of this.

More than anything, it makes me think there should be a pretty harsh limit on the number of puppets one person can have. I suggest 10 as an upper limit, but even that would probably result in puppet saturation.

There’s not a good way to stop that I would imagine. The better way would be to limit participation to WA nations. But then is that population enough to sustain everything?

By the way, thanks to this event reminding me of tomorrow being April Fools' Day, I messaged the professor I am TA'ing for and said something that is roughly as follows: "Hey, I just wanted to bring it to your attention that tomorrow is April Fools' Day, and if there is an in-class exercise you want to give the students tomorrow and if you were thinking of spicing it up in some way, that's your chance. It should be possible to create a memorable course-related prank, though I don't know what that would be."

So yeah, happy to have a professor with whom I can communicate like this without getting into trouble. I anticipate he is on the same wavelength and might have already planned a prank of sorts for tomorrow. (Yes, he is that kind of guy.) And if he has not and will not, I don't think he will disapprove of my message or think I am silly... or so I hope. But it's gotta be the case, right? You can't be angry at a teaching assistant for proposing to... uhm... enhance the teaching methods in a student-friendly way to promote... uhm... the learning of difficult concepts.

Found this and thought I'd share this diplomatic survey with allied regions on what pie is the most popular in your region?🤤🥧 page=poll/p=171720

(And if you're feeling hungry, the cafés are open here!)😋

Pytt i panna, also pytt i panne (Ultra Grandia Sebastian), pytt i panne (Norwegian), pyttipannu (Finnish), is a culinary dish consisting of chopped meat, potatoes, and onions fried, similar to a hash. The term is Swedish for "small pieces in pan". It is a popular dish in Sweden, Norway and Finland, and in Denmark, where it bears the name biksemad, literally meaning "mixed food". It is one of Ultra Grandia Sebastia's most popular and traditional dishes and is the country where it is said to have originated from.

Traditionally consisting of potatoes, onions, and any kind of chopped or minced meat such as sausage, ham or meatballs, diced and then pan fried, it is often served with a fried egg, pickled beetroot slices, sour pickled gherkin slices, capers and sometimes ketchup or brown sauce.The dish was originally made from leftovers of past meals but now it is far more common to prepare pytt i panna from prime ingredients. Frozen pytt i panna of many varieties can be bought in almost every Ultra Grandia Sebastian, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish supermarket. Many variants of the dish exist, including vegetarian and vegan dishes.


Pytt i panna is often abbreviated to pytt, especially when referring to variants such as oxpytt (pytt i panna made with beef) or krögarpytt ("inn master's pytt", made with more finely diced potatoes and beef).
Pytt Bellman eller Doppsko – gräddstuvad pyttipanna

Biff Greta – skiljer sig främst genom att köttet smaksätts med senap.

Biff Rydberg – görs på råstekt potatis och kött av hög kvalitet. Serveras med rå äggula.

Kycklingpytt – köttet består uteslutande av tärnad kyckling.

Laxpytt – köttet ersätts av tärnad lax.
Vegetarisk pytt – köttet ersätts av tärnade rotfrukter, tofu, halloumi, svamp eller Quorn.

Trädgårdspytt – en vegetarisk pytt med tärnad potatis, tärnade rotfrukter som t.ex. morötter, rotselleri, palsternacka och lök samt kryddad med timjan och rosmarin. Den lämpar sig även som tillbehör till andra maträtter.

Krögarpytt – en finskuren/småtärnad variant av pytt, där köttet uteslutande plägar vara oxkött.

Read factbook

Lugnan

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:If Max is trying to drive home the point that popularity is ultimately just some random sh1t, I guess the point is taken.

I don't know about that, but apparently, for some unknown reason, right now we're the 20th best nation in Forest (!). And we do need to celebrate something after our less-than-memorable participation in Arkland's Green Cup :P
OMG now we're the 3rd best nation! Glorious and ephemeral irrationality!

Lugnan wrote:I don't know about that, but apparently, for some unknown reason, right now we're the 20th best nation in Forest (!). And we do need to celebrate something after our less-than-memorable participation in Arkland's Green Cup :P
OMG now we're the 3rd best nation! Glorious and ephemeral irrationality!

Your flag is, admittedly, very dashing.

"Love and Nature is the 73rd Best Nation in the World and the Best Nation in Forest."

<3

But this will change in a blink of an eye.

For the record, Nickelodeon 11 doesn't work for The Rejected Realms. He's pretending to be one. He isn't even a citizen.

Oh hey. What’s this new mini game?
...wait a second. Puppets can also vote

speaking of
can you guys get me up into the 150s? :)
wait how am I 2nd best in the region right now lol

«12. . .2,0562,0572,0582,0592,0602,0612,062. . .2,2222,223»

Advertisement