by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .1,9681,9691,9701,9711,9721,9731,974. . .2,2222,223»

If you want to see how crazy it actually got inside the capitol building in Washington D.C. check this out. I guess Trump is waiting possible impeachment now and FBI is tracking down people who stormed in. Some might face up to 10 years in prison, thanks to Trump's new law :D Oh the irony! Lots of sh!t to sort out. And also that one police officer died, so that makes 5 dead totally. 1 35 years old woman shot by the security forces, one police basically beat to death by the mop and I believe 3 died from different medical reasons (maybe tear gas + weak heart or asthma etc.). China's pants are wet and Putin is smiling - so all that went really well! This is so F'd up in so many ways that I'm actually smiling to this - so much repercussion.

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1346952339886923786

The most serene republicans

Ambassador Bele Levy Epies wrote:Yes, we do. You just keep forgetting everything. Like adding me to the list, for example.

Oh snap, sorry for accidentally trying to steal your job!

Sylh Alanor wrote:I'm really happy you like the travel runes, by the way! Refuge Isle makes them, but the entire FA team is able to make suggestions as to the design idea. I believe her thoughts when designing yours were to incorporate the idea of the three trees from your regional flag, but to put them in a cascading order so the line could be continuous.

I was about to comment that they resembled the trees from our flag, that's pretty clever. Are the other runes also based on symbols from their respective region?

Northern Wood wrote:For some reason, come Winter, I find myself drawn to indie rock, the majority of which is from late-90s and early-2000s. Probably just nostalgia for that period of my life, but also there's something in that music that meshes well with a season that encourages introspection and wistfulness and thoughtfulness.

This was a factbook I put together over in Christmas, just a list of such music. Linked for your convenience.

Radiohead, Interpol, Fleet Foxes, Nick Drake... You have a good taste in music

Ambassador Bele Levy Epies wrote:Yes, we do. You just keep forgetting everything. Like adding me to the list, for example.

Iím sorry then, you are the correct ambassador.

Sylh Alanor wrote:(Refugia Foreign Affairs Councillor here!)
We had a nation move into our region and discord server some time ago, Ambassador Bele Levy Epies, who claimed to be the ambassador from Forest and said they had cleared it. I joined Forest's discord to confirm, but was told to telegram you. I never got a reply to that telegram, but Bele said that happened sometimes. Is this person not an official representative of your region?

I'm really happy you like the travel runes, by the way! Refuge Isle makes them, but the entire FA team is able to make suggestions as to the design idea. I believe her thoughts when designing yours were to incorporate the idea of the three trees from your regional flag, but to put them in a cascading order so the line could be continuous.

Iím sorry if I didnít receive your telegram, due to the 20 TG inbox limit and the amount of other telegrams I receive, I occasionally miss a telegram, but this goes to all of you: if ever I donít respond, simply send it again, and if you notice that you are an ambassador but youíre not on the list, again telegram me.

So Bele Levy Epies, you are the correct Refugian Ambassador, but MSR, if youíd still like an ambassadorship, simply find an open one and Iíll introduce Gura and Matos to the region.

Nattily dressed anarchists on bicycles

Love and Nature wrote:1 35 years old woman shot by the security forces,

You know, the media keep reporting about the "veteran" who was killed or "lost her life." I have no direct link to the military, but this has seriously troubled me; in all my discussions with friends and family, I've gone out of my way to avoid "veteran" and use "insurrectionist" instead. Especially now that the media are finally writing about veterans who lent aid and comfort to their own, instead of the insurrectionist enemy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2021/01/07/i-thought-id-have-fight-my-way-out-combat-veteran-lawmakers-took-action-after-capitol-stormed/

I feel like I've been obsessive about military opinions concerning Wednesday's events. I guess its finally dawning on me that I live in a country where the military had to step in over the head of the legal Commander in Chief to restore order, no matter in how limited a capacity. National Guard are still, strictly speaking, Federal troops. At least when activated in DC.

I have questions.

Nattily dressed anarchists on bicycles wrote: I guess its finally dawning on me that I live in a country where the military had to step in over the head of the legal Commander in Chief to restore order, no matter in how limited a capacity.

There is a class of country where the important question is not what the law says but what, when the chips are down, the military will do. At one time the USA used to say stern things to such countries concerning the importance of democracy.

Nattily dressed anarchists on bicycles

Uan aa Boa wrote:There is a class of country where the important question is not what the law says but what, when the chips are down, the military will do. At one time the USA used to say stern things to such countries concerning the importance of democracy.

The debate over "American exceptionalism" (at least in the Untied States; I suspect the rest of the world democracies arrived at a conclusion long ago) is certainly over.

To be fair, though, Wednesday's events are so shocking precisely because this is not supposed to happen here. It's expressly codified in law and military tradition -- the Posse Comitatus Act, DoD policy which extends that law in principle and effect to the Navy and Marine Corps as well. George W. Bush's successful attempt to loosen the Insurrection Act was almost immediately reversed.

One things I've noticed in the last week are civilians asking why they didn't send in the Marines, and veterans explaining why that would be both illegal and Really Bad (TM). At least in areas of the Internet I'm wililng to tread, so there might be some selection bias involved here. Still seems like deeply ingrained stuff.

At least until the seditious conspiracy is spearheaded by the actual President of the United States. In 1812 and (arguably, at least to one side) the Civil War, it was foreign powers. The attack coming from the inside upsets things a little bit. So we have at least one veteran (and probably more) with the seditious mob, and at least one veteran (and probably more) defending the Constitution as sworn.

It's a Schrodinger's cat kind of situation. The head conspirator's stacking of loyalists inside the DoD basically right before he sprung the insurrection is hard to ignore too.

edit: although Trump's manipulation of the DoD post-election might just be more of his stupid. One probably doesn't need to stack Defense in order to prevent the military moving against your insurrection. If the veterans I know (including family) are correct, you could fill the chambers of Congress with all the DoD's grandmothers and they would have still resisted any movement of uniformed forces into the People's House, the norms here are supposed to be that strong.

Yo I just got a vtuber Worms Armageddon and that's what I've been aiming to do this entire 12 months let's gooo

Sapnu puas wrote:Yo I just got a vtuber Worms Armageddon and that's what I've been aiming to do this entire 12 months let's gooo

I don't really know what this means but if you're happy, I'm happy.

I dislike all this idolization of military service. It's funny how countries which don't have a long history of invading countries left, right and centre don't have this issue with soldiers thinking they're great just because they signed up to get shot at by natives on the far side of world or to sit in barracks polishing their shoes all day.

Frieden-und Freudenland, Atsvea, Lord Dominator, Uan aa Boa, and 7 othersOuter Bele Levy Epies, Terrabod, Cat-Herders United, Nattily dressed anarchists on bicycles, Middle Barael, Nation of Ecologists, and The most serene republicans

The most serene republicans

Bananaistan wrote:I dislike all this idolization of military service. It's funny how countries which don't have a long history of invading countries left, right and centre

Or of invading their own country, too, multiple times

Middle Barael wrote:So Bele Levy Epies, you are the correct Refugian Ambassador, but MSR, if youíd still like an ambassadorship, simply find an open one and Iíll introduce Gura and Matos to the region.

I don't have any other region in mind right now, but hopefully in the future

Nattily dressed anarchists on bicycles

Bananaistan wrote:I dislike all this idolization of military service. It's funny how countries which don't have a long history of invading countries left, right and centre don't have this issue with soldiers thinking they're great just because they signed up to get shot at by natives on the far side of world or to sit in barracks polishing their shoes all day.

In defense of at least some, there are active duty and veterans out there who wish more than anything that the whole "thank you for your service" culture would go away. "It's just a job," etc.

Some of them don't even like Trump. o_o

Some crazy market manipulation is happening here, for those interested in card-trading on NS.

page=deck/card=3365413/season=2

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Some crazy market manipulation is happening here, for those interested in card-trading on NS.

page=deck/card=3365413/season=2

Genuinely baffled. What is going on here and why?

Uan aa Boa wrote:Genuinely baffled. What is going on here and why?

Not sure.

In my case, I got involved because one of my puppets happened to find this Uncommon card, with a market value of 7.50 or something like that, but someone has put a bid of 1,400 on it and there was an ongoing auction for it. (While a card is being auctioned, it is more likely to appear in newly-discovered decks, so no surprise there.) So I transferred the card to my main nation and put it on sale.

Of course, there are multiple card-finders interested in it, constantly underbidding each other to get the big jackpot (currently this is the 1,400 bid, which will result in a transaction worth 700+ if it is resolved like this). The auction has dragged on for too long, however, because some players keep bidding in 0.01 increments to wind up the clock. I don't know why exactly they are doing that. I mean, it seems like they want to earn more time, but for what? I have no idea. I could speculate, but I am not very familiar with card-trading machinations, so I won't hazard a guess. My only goal is to sell this card for a price that is substantially higher than its junk value. I am not trying to pocket 700 virtual bucks.

But it is really interesting. It seems like someone is trying to artificially increase the market value of this card (presumably the person who first bid 1,400 on it). But why? No one nation seems to own a great quantity of this card (so buying it will not necessarily increase their deck value), and it is not the card of any nation involved in the trade (because I could understand that a nation might want their own card to be very valuable). No idea. I am open to explanations from more experienced players. It is so strange that this has been going on for hours.

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Not sure.

In my case, I got involved because one of my puppets happened to find this Uncommon card, with a market value of 7.50 or something like that, but someone has put a bid of 1,400 on it and there was an ongoing auction for it. (While a card is being auctioned, it is more likely to appear in newly-discovered decks, so no surprise there.) So I transferred the card to my main nation and put it on sale.

Of course, there are multiple card-finders interested in it, constantly underbidding each other to get the big jackpot (currently this is the 1,400 bid, which will result in a transaction worth 700+ if it is resolved like this). The auction has dragged on for too long, however, because some players keep bidding in 0.01 increments to wind up the clock. I don't know why exactly they are doing that. I mean, it seems like they want to earn more time, but for what? I have no idea. I could speculate, but I am not very familiar with card-trading machinations, so I won't hazard a guess. My only goal is to sell this card for a price that is substantially higher than its junk value. I am not trying to pocket 700 virtual bucks.

But it is really interesting. It seems like someone is trying to artificially increase the market value of this card (presumably the person who first bid 1,400 on it). But why? No one nation seems to own a great quantity of this card (so buying it will not necessarily increase their deck value), and it is not the card of any nation involved in the trade (because I could understand that a nation might want their own card to be very valuable). No idea. I am open to explanations from more experienced players. It is so strange that this has been going on for hours.

The nation who's card is being bid upon is CTE. What is going on is a "pull-event", whereby so long as an auction of said card is taking place the chances for the card appearing in card packs from answering issues is guaranteed by TCALS (Trading card anti-laundering system). That's why the bids are so high, and that's why they're continually increasing the bids. TCALS has been modified recently so only newly generated card packs from recently answered issues potentially contain copies of the card; before, so long as you had a decent number of card packs saved up (say, 5000 across many, many nations), you were always guaranteed to generate copies of that card. Incidentally, this is why Feu de Glace has so many Pergamon cards, 58 to be exact, despite that nation being CTE for two years now.

Darths and Droids wrote:The nation who's card is being bid upon is CTE. What is going on is a "pull-event", whereby so long as an auction of said card is taking place the chances for the card appearing in card packs from answering issues is guaranteed by TCALS (Trading card anti-laundering system). That's why the bids are so high, and that's why they're continually increasing the bids. TCALS has been modified recently so only newly generated card packs from recently answered issues potentially contain copies of the card; before, so long as you had a decent number of card packs saved up (say, 5000 across many, many nations), you were always guaranteed to generate copies of that card. Incidentally, this is why Feu de Glace has so many Pergamon cards, 58 to be exact, despite that nation being CTE for two years now.

Thanks for the clarification. Do you have an idea when this might end?

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Thanks for the clarification. Do you have an idea when this might end?

No, I don't participate in such pull events, I'm unavailable for them most of the time, and also I'm not really involved in the cards community thingy.

Darths and Droids wrote:The nation who's card is being bid upon is CTE. What is going on is a "pull-event", whereby so long as an auction of said card is taking place the chances for the card appearing in card packs from answering issues is guaranteed by TCALS (Trading card anti-laundering system). That's why the bids are so high, and that's why they're continually increasing the bids. TCALS has been modified recently so only newly generated card packs from recently answered issues potentially contain copies of the card; before, so long as you had a decent number of card packs saved up (say, 5000 across many, many nations), you were always guaranteed to generate copies of that card. Incidentally, this is why Feu de Glace has so many Pergamon cards, 58 to be exact, despite that nation being CTE for two years now.

It's not a pull event, it's chaos. It started when one person tried to transfer bank and another person decided to heist.

Nova patris

Good evening, fellow nations. It's an honour for Nova Patris to be part of your region!

Love and Nature wrote:If you want to see how crazy it actually got inside the capitol building in Washington D.C. check this out. I guess Trump is waiting possible impeachment now and FBI is tracking down people who stormed in. Some might face up to 10 years in prison, thanks to Trump's new law :D Oh the irony! Lots of sh!t to sort out. And also that one police officer died, so that makes 5 dead totally. 1 35 years old woman shot by the security forces, one police basically beat to death by the mop and I believe 3 died from different medical reasons (maybe tear gas + weak heart or asthma etc.). China's pants are wet and Putin is smiling - so all that went really well! This is so F'd up in so many ways that I'm actually smiling to this - so much repercussion.

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1346952339886923786

This is simply horrible.

Nova patris wrote:Good evening, fellow nations. It's an honour for Nova Patris to be part of your region!

It's a pleasure to have a new tree in our Forest ;)

Outer Bele Levy Epies wrote:It's not a pull event, it's chaos. It started when one person tried to transfer bank and another person decided to heist.

And that's the other reason why heavy bidding goes on, I forgot about that aspect on it.

The most serene republicans

Nova patris wrote:Good evening, fellow nations. It's an honour for Nova Patris to be part of your region!

Welcome to forest! We have a bunch of trees and also a very interesting rmb

The most serene republicans wrote:Welcome to forest! We have a bunch of trees and also a very interesting rmb

You forgot the cichlid lake

Nova patris

Hey guys, I'm a new here, and I'm discovering the game now. Do you have any advice I could use?

«12. . .1,9681,9691,9701,9711,9721,9731,974. . .2,2222,223»

Advertisement