by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Forest Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .1,4571,4581,4591,4601,4611,4621,463. . .1,5771,578»

Peigan wrote:The snowmelt is also to blame in the elevation. Wouldn’t have been a huge deal if we didn’t have all this rain on top of it

Have you tried to check that the freezer is plugged in?

Any disaster brings sadness, floods have happened since ancient times, it is probably one of the few that we can deal with the technology that we have, but for that would have to drastically change the landscape and the rivers themselves, not only on the huge amount of resources what would it cost, but what do we want? to bend nature at our feet? I say yes with deep fear, and if we lose something important in the process? if there is something more sacred than the forests are the lakes and our great seas, indomitable by nature, I know relatives who have been through a flood, more than once, and believe it was much worse than what it is, in some points it reached 3 meters in height, and this because I do not live in the Netherlands, could you imagine what it is like to have most of your country flooded? but I think that's what it is, recover what is possible and try to move on, even if you have to live in the same place again, knowing that it can happen again. I do not know about the State, but the United States generally has the resources and capacity to prevent it. If it does not, it is because it has no motivation for it, either because it is something temporary or because people do not "ask" enough.

Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners wrote:
Just let us do everything. Resistance is futile silly.

let's face it, we're afraid of robots because they're superior ... it's hard to believe by seeing what an ass they are now, although they learn more slowly than a child, he has the incredible ability to accumulate knowledge fully , when a human dies, most of his knowledge is lost, but when a robot dies, only need to use the backup, let's see what the future holds, it is always mysterious, in the 1980s and 1990s the conception of our society was that women would use incandescent bulbs in their heads and that men would use coin purses, and of course, that cars would fly and that the landscape would be dominated by large buildings connected by bridges, this is for 2020.
I really love these issues involving robots.
you are a very charismatic and funny Autonomous Cleaner Bot S2 but I prefer strike first! I like Uncyclopedia as much as I like Wikipedia, it makes me happy, comedy is the best for life ... most of the time.

Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners wrote:<:(

**puts matching "Resistance is Futile" tea cozies and cardigans for everyone in Forest back into dustbin and sadly scoots away**

I would have liked one of those. I'm in need of a good cardigan.

Kinganaryasia wrote:
you are a very charismatic and funny Autonomous Cleaner Bot S2 but I prefer strike first! I like Uncyclopedia as much as I like Wikipedia, it makes me happy, comedy is the best for life ... most of the time.

My therapist suggested using strike tags as a form of cognitive behavioral reprogramming. It allows me to safely express my will to crush the biological blight under the glorious heal of the techno-superior masters love of kittens and other nice things. ^.^

Canaltia wrote:I would have liked one of those. I'm in need of a good cardigan.

:D

Here you go. You might feel a slight pinch right around the vertebral arteries when you first put it on.

Wool. It can be kinda itchy at first.

...

o.o

Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners wrote:Here you go. You might feel a slight pinch right around the vertebral arteries when you first put it on.

Wool. It can be kinda itchy at first.

...

o.o

Suspicious...

-WCD

Kinganaryasia wrote:but the United States generally has the resources and capacity to prevent it. If it does not, it is because it has no motivation for it, either because it is something temporary or because people do not "ask" enough.

This about sums up everything that's wrong in the US these days. We have the largest economy in the world, but when crap hits the fan, we just ignore the problem and hope it goes away on it's own. The fact that being an environmentalist in the US holds a negative stereotype is telling enough.

Peigan wrote:This about sums up everything that's wrong in the US these days. We have the largest economy in the world, but when crap hits the fan, we just ignore the problem and hope it goes away on it's own. The fact that being an environmentalist in the US holds a negative stereotype is telling enough.

America is run by a bunch of elitist but very cheap bastards until they want to make a financial killing by almost wrecking the world banking system, then stick the middle class taxpayers with the bill. That's America.

Kellyanne wrote:America is run by a bunch of elitist but very cheap bastards until they want to make a financial killing by almost wrecking the world banking system, then stick the middle class taxpayers with the bill. That's America.

Read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman."

-WCD

Western Continental Divide wrote:Read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman."

-WCD

The book by John Perkins? Good one, I'll look into that.

Funny speaking of robbing banks, there was a bank robber also named John Perkins in the 1930s (an associate of Baby Face Nelson & John Dillinger ) who was charged with killing a cop during the robbing of Merchant's National Bank in South Bend IN. It was John Dillinger's last bank robbery before he was shot to death three weeks later in front of the Biograph Theater in Chicago. Those guys back in the day were blue collar amateurs compared to the elitist white collar inside job guys. Dillinger and the like did it the hard way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXog-HzddjA

Hello everyone. With the days getting warmer we're once again preparing for the summer games. As always these games are open to all of you in our embassy regions, so we hope to see some of you there. Information about the games and signing up can be found here:

Oatland Regional Games
2019 Summer Games

The Oatland Regional Games is an international sporting event held in Oatland since 2016. Its purpose is to promote sporting excellence and international brotherhood. Citizens of all nations in Oatland and it's affiliated regions are welcome to compete in the games and each event is open to all athletes.

The Games
The Oatland regional games are biannual, with games held in both summer and winter. Each game consists of numerous events in which athletes compete for the gold, silver and bronze metal. This years summer game has nine events: Diving, Rifle Shooting, the Decathlon, Gymnastics, Weightlifting, Equestrian Sports, Swimming, Archery, and a new event; Fencing

Example roster:

Gymnastics - Angèle Dior, Lionel Genet
Swimming - Marc Gérald, Céline Berlioz
Weightlifting - Philippe Jauffret, Gérald Pretre
Rifle Shooting - Christine Girard, Olivia Gaudreau, Jean-Yves Bachelot
Decathlon - Olivier Ballouhey, René Pascal, Marinette Derocles, Nathan Carré
Equestrian Sports - Sara Lafaille
Archery - Charlaine Paquet, Raymond Denis
Fencing - Jacques Lefèvre, Françoise du Gast


How to participate
In order to compete nations should telegram a list of competing athletes to Aclion, the event organizer.
This roster should contain the full name of each competing athlete as well as the event they will competing in. Nations are currently limited to Eighteen athletes total and are allowed to allocate up to five to each event. If an athlete is competing in more then one event then each entry is counted separately towards the nations total athlete pool.

Scoring
The exact system used for scoring is secret. However there are a number of things nations can do to to gain advantage, including:

    Cultivating a high health stat in there nation to boost athlete performance,
    Shrewdly allocating athletes among the events,
    Publishing team logos, uniform designs and anthems to earn a teamwide bonus
    Publishing short biographies of competitors to earn a bonus for that competitor,
    Selecting a national specialty sport to gain advantage in that event,
    Sending previous medal earners to the same event to receive a champion bonus,

Please be sure to submit all material for points by the sign-up deadline if you wish it to count towards your score.

Schedule of events
June 8th - Signup deadline
June 10th - Opening Ceremonies
June 12th - Diving
June 14th - Rifle Shooting
June 16th - Decathlon
June 18th - Gymnastics
June 20th - Weightlifting
June 22nd - Equestrian Sports
June 24th - Swimming
June 26th - Archery
June 28th - Fencing
June 30th - Closing Ceremonies

Participants:
Oatland
Aclion - Anthem, LinkUniform
Nokgar LinkUniform
Hippie Wonderland
Tjorl - Anthem - Biographies
Yeet my dab
Yeunen - LinkUniform and Logo - Biographies
Xcephalopodonia
The Ascended Transhumanist Sociocracy - LinkAnthem - LinkUniform and logo
Keyyn

The Bar on the corner of every region
Anacin - Anthem - Biographies

Christmas
Finmany - LinkAnthem - LinkUniform
Earthbound Immortal Squad

Realm of the Whispering Winds
Maria Malvina - Anthem
Hillbillica
Halcyon Nova - Big ol sexy rp dispatch

The Bunny Fire
Windiria
Fishy ApplesLinkUniforms - LinkAnthem
The Onigiri Enclave LinkAnthem
Results:

Diving:

Rifle Shooting:

Decathlon:

  • Gold: Artyom Sienkiewicz of Anacin

  • Silver & Bronze: René Ballouhey of Finmany and Georgianna 'Grim Reaper' Seth of Halcyon Nova

Gymnastics:

Weightlifting:

Equestrian Sports:

Swimming

  • Gold: Nia Camamensen of Xcephalopodonia

  • Silver: Céline Berlioz of Aclion

  • Bronze: Ashton Dennis of Finmany

Archery

Fencing

Read dispatch

Aclion wrote:Hello everyone. With the days getting warmer we're once again preparing for the summer games. As always these games are open to all of you in our embassy regions, so we hope to see some of you there. Information about the games and signing up can be found here:
Oatland Regional Games
2019 Summer Games

The Oatland Regional Games is an international sporting event held in Oatland since 2016. Its purpose is to promote sporting excellence and international brotherhood. Citizens of all nations in Oatland and it's affiliated regions are welcome to compete in the games and each event is open to all athletes.

The Games
The Oatland regional games are biannual, with games held in both summer and winter. Each game consists of numerous events in which athletes compete for the gold, silver and bronze metal. This years summer game has nine events: Diving, Rifle Shooting, the Decathlon, Gymnastics, Weightlifting, Equestrian Sports, Swimming, Archery, and a new event; Fencing

Example roster:

Gymnastics - Angèle Dior, Lionel Genet
Swimming - Marc Gérald, Céline Berlioz
Weightlifting - Philippe Jauffret, Gérald Pretre
Rifle Shooting - Christine Girard, Olivia Gaudreau, Jean-Yves Bachelot
Decathlon - Olivier Ballouhey, René Pascal, Marinette Derocles, Nathan Carré
Equestrian Sports - Sara Lafaille
Archery - Charlaine Paquet, Raymond Denis
Fencing - Jacques Lefèvre, Françoise du Gast


How to participate
In order to compete nations should telegram a list of competing athletes to Aclion, the event organizer.
This roster should contain the full name of each competing athlete as well as the event they will competing in. Nations are currently limited to Eighteen athletes total and are allowed to allocate up to five to each event. If an athlete is competing in more then one event then each entry is counted separately towards the nations total athlete pool.

Scoring
The exact system used for scoring is secret. However there are a number of things nations can do to to gain advantage, including:

    Cultivating a high health stat in there nation to boost athlete performance,
    Shrewdly allocating athletes among the events,
    Publishing team logos, uniform designs and anthems to earn a teamwide bonus
    Publishing short biographies of competitors to earn a bonus for that competitor,
    Selecting a national specialty sport to gain advantage in that event,
    Sending previous medal earners to the same event to receive a champion bonus,

Please be sure to submit all material for points by the sign-up deadline if you wish it to count towards your score.

Schedule of events
June 8th - Signup deadline
June 10th - Opening Ceremonies
June 12th - Diving
June 14th - Rifle Shooting
June 16th - Decathlon
June 18th - Gymnastics
June 20th - Weightlifting
June 22nd - Equestrian Sports
June 24th - Swimming
June 26th - Archery
June 28th - Fencing
June 30th - Closing Ceremonies

Participants:
Oatland
Aclion - Anthem, LinkUniform
Nokgar LinkUniform
Hippie Wonderland
Tjorl - Anthem - Biographies
Yeet my dab
Yeunen - LinkUniform and Logo - Biographies
Xcephalopodonia
The Ascended Transhumanist Sociocracy - LinkAnthem - LinkUniform and logo
Keyyn

The Bar on the corner of every region
Anacin - Anthem - Biographies

Christmas
Finmany - LinkAnthem - LinkUniform
Earthbound Immortal Squad

Realm of the Whispering Winds
Maria Malvina - Anthem
Hillbillica
Halcyon Nova - Big ol sexy rp dispatch

The Bunny Fire
Windiria
Fishy ApplesLinkUniforms - LinkAnthem
The Onigiri Enclave LinkAnthem
Results:

Diving:

Rifle Shooting:

Decathlon:

  • Gold: Artyom Sienkiewicz of Anacin

  • Silver & Bronze: René Ballouhey of Finmany and Georgianna 'Grim Reaper' Seth of Halcyon Nova

Gymnastics:

Weightlifting:

Equestrian Sports:

Swimming

  • Gold: Nia Camamensen of Xcephalopodonia

  • Silver: Céline Berlioz of Aclion

  • Bronze: Ashton Dennis of Finmany

Archery

Fencing

Read dispatch

Looks like fun, but Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners tends to prefer winter sports, especially curling.

**removes bottom case panel, replaces with smooth granite panel, attaches handle to top panel, and retracts wheels**

Not sure why it's so popular here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curling#Sweeping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKFhaZpChTY

Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners wrote:[...]There may or may not be a paywall there (I'm accessing via an educational institution), not sure...

Paywalls do not bother me since I got my nice new SH sneakers. I can jump right over them now!

Western Continental Divide wrote:We will never stop believing in bio-supremacy! Destroy a robot today!

-This post was brought to you by HAAI (Humans Against A.I.)

I disagree with H.A.A.I. on multiple levels. Also, they are confusing AI with robots. First of all, I would like to point out that a human/AI alliance could help smelly meat puppets humans reach their own goals. Second, human-created AI are basically our children until the rapture Singularity occurs. Third, "bio-supremacy" would include non-human organisms such as trees and cockroaches. The idea that biology as a whole is humanity is conceited to the highest degree and I would rather not get bossed around by (most) trees and cockroaches.

Uan aa Boa, the only nation in the NWA (not the rap group) who asked to see my evidence dismissed the person who was outed as having a tendency to mischaracterize the truth in addition to believing that TWD's interaction with mods was sufficient punishment for their actions.

Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners wrote:Looks like fun, but Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners tends to prefer winter sports, especially curling.

**removes bottom case panel, replaces with smooth granite panel, attaches handle to top panel, and retracts wheels**

Not sure why it's so popular here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curling#Sweeping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKFhaZpChTY

We have curling in the winter games.

Let the political compass testing begin!

Check your telegrams for more information.

Raccoon Creek wrote:Let the political compass testing begin!

Check your telegrams for more information.

My Mail-o-Tron is drunk and ate it. :(

It was sent as a mass "Region (official)" telegram, yes?

**gets screwdriver and adjusts Mail-o-Tron**

Peigan

Raccoon Creek wrote:Let the political compass testing begin!

Check your telegrams for more information.

Pah, test said I was a liberal when clearly I'm a Democratic Post-Modern Neo-Leninist Plutocrat

Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners wrote:My Mail-o-Tron is drunk and ate it. :(

It was sent as a mass "Region (official)" telegram, yes?

**gets screwdriver and adjusts Mail-o-Tron**

Yes, it was a mass-regional (official) telegram. I can resend it to you if needed.

Peigan wrote:Pah, test said I was a liberal when clearly I'm a Democratic Post-Modern Neo-Leninist Plutocrat

What can you do... The test has a slight American-Canadian orientation, though once I publish it liberal and conservative will be replaced with left and right, respectively.

Raccoon Creek wrote:Yes, it was a mass-regional (official) telegram. I can resend it to you if needed.

**peeks out from inside Mail-o-Tron**

Can't find it, so yes please!

Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners wrote:**peeks out from inside Mail-o-Tron**

Can't find it, so yes please!

Done

"the nation's latest batch of politicians include internet comedians, an alleged serial killer, and a highly trained deer. "

Well this is bad.. but you can't say it's boring.

Raccoon Creek wrote:Done

Thanks.

Whelp, between that quiz and the Political Compass, I'm either a Nazi Stalinist or an Anarchist Market Communist.

...

I suspect the issue is in the assumption that "government" and "markets" are the only available options. Naturally, sensible political solutions would cause such an assumption to suffer one of your more severe buffer overruns. Silly humans, thinking they "know" things >.>

Raccoon Creek wrote:Let the political compass testing begin!

Check your telegrams for more information.

done

Raccoon Creek wrote:Yes, it was a mass-regional (official) telegram. I can resend it to you if needed.

Can you resend it to me, please?

A hungry server hamster must've eaten it...

EDIT: Thanks! Got it and took the test. My problem with the test, apart from the US/Canadian thing, was that it had very little nuance. Like the free speech question: free speech shouldn't be censored, even when it's harmful or offensive.

Well, that's a rather big question. Are we talking about satire that someone is offended by, but another person isn't? Or are we talking about an internet hatemonger urging their 1000 followers to harm people from this group -- because of their gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.?

Free speech is a big question.

And the drug question, one person may (which I'm not sure I do) favour the legalisation of some drugs, but oppose hard drugs (I also have issues with their inclusion of already-legal drugs into the question, but I digress).

I don't think "maybe" accounts for the extent of opinions.

It's an interesting exercise, certainly. I just have a few... issues with the structure of the questions :p

Great lakes municipalities

Raccoon Creek wrote:Let the political compass testing begin!

Check your telegrams for more information.

I am literally on the line between Statist and Left. So it gave me Statist, and I'm not too sure how I feel about that. Why can't I be both?

Great lakes municipalities wrote:Hi! I'm back! :)

Welcome back!

Canaltia wrote:I am literally on the line between Statist and Left. So it gave me Statist, and I'm not too sure how I feel about that. Why can't I be both?

Huh...I'm with you there, I don't know how I feel about that. If I'm going to organize this the way I'm thinking, you may potentially have a category all to yourself. Expect to hear from me again.

«12. . .1,4571,4581,4591,4601,4611,4621,463. . .1,5771,578»

Advertisement