by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Empire of Andrew RMB

WA Delegate: The EPCOT and Conch Republic of Timmy City (elected )

Founder: Imperospheric reclaimation

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

Most World Assembly Endorsements: 192nd Most Cultured: 275th Most Influential: 288th+37
Most Rebellious Youth: 295th Largest Black Market: 306th Largest Publishing Industry: 404th Highest Economic Output: 469th Most Subsidized Industry: 470th Highest Poor Incomes: 546th Most Scientifically Advanced: 598th Smartest Citizens: 600th Healthiest Citizens: 646th Largest Information Technology Sector: 652nd Highest Average Incomes: 667th Most Inclusive: 705th Most Advanced Public Transport: 713th Largest Governments: 727th Lowest Crime Rates: 739th Nicest Citizens: 758th Most Developed: 807th Most Beautiful Environments: 839th Most Advanced Public Education: 868th Most Popular Tourist Destinations: 957th Most Compassionate Citizens: 967th Largest Manufacturing Sector: 1,009th Most Advanced Law Enforcement: 1,052nd Most Corrupt Governments: 1,057th Most Nations: 1,083rd Most Eco-Friendly Governments: 1,105th Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector: 1,132nd Most Advanced Defense Forces: 1,149th Most Extensive Public Healthcare: 1,192nd Longest Average Lifespans: 1,253rd Largest Welfare Programs: 1,367th Highest Foreign Aid Spending: 1,419th Most Valuable International Artwork: 1,455th Most Devout: 1,676th Largest Furniture Restoration Industry: 1,859th Most Efficient Economies: 1,933rd Highest Wealthy Incomes: 2,157th
World Factbook Entry

Head Administrator and Marshal of the Empire of Andrew: Socialist Republic of Andrew
Enforcer: The Orson Empire
WAD: Timmy City
Minister of Territorial Affairs and Homeland: Novo Wagondia
PLEASE BE SURE TO ENDORSE THE WA DELEGATE IF YOU ARE A WA NATION!
If you want to join the EOA, please telegram Socialist Republic of Andrew or WAD.
LinkOur map
Link(without borders)
Newcomers: make sure to tg Novo Wagondia for information about free land through the New Nation Fund
LinkUCP Secondary HQ Location Map
UCP Agencies and Core Programs


Embassies: Sunalaya, Strategos Prime, Atlas, United Federation of Planets, United Empire of Islam, Hellenic Civilization, Eastern Roman Empire, The Republic Nations, Nintendo, Astyria, Greater Dienstad, Alliance Of Armed Nations, The Illuminati, Nationalist Commonwealth of Free Regions, Eladen, Nelborne Union, and 19 others.League of Christian Nations, U R N, The Species Alliance, The Dirt Alliance, The Embassy, The Meme Must Go On, The Bar on the corner of every region, Asiana, Avadam Inn, Dauiland, International Debating Area, Regionless, The United Islands of the Atlantic, Salutations, Lardyland, Kingdom of Adonai, Barbaria, Montrandecs Neighbours, and Northern Ocean.

Tags: Capitalist, Casual, Democratic, FT: FTL, Founderless, Future Tech, Medium, Modern Tech, Password, Post-Modern Tech, Regional Government, Role Player, and 2 others.Social, and Socialist.

Regional Power: Moderate

Empire of Andrew contains 13 nations, the 1,083rd most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector in Empire of Andrew

World Census analysts extensively tested concept muscle cars in empty parking lots in order to estimate which nations have the largest auto industries.

As a region, Empire of Andrew is ranked 3,159th in the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Empire of Socialist Republic of AndrewFather Knows Best State“Strength through iron, victory through brotherhood”
2.The State of The Orson EmpireLeft-wing Utopia“Victory for Orson”
3.The Empire of Santa LucijaNew York Times Democracy“Qua Patet Orbis”
4.The Protectorate of The Raven TechnocracyNew York Times Democracy“For Science And Society!”
5.The Democratic Union of Felucian Planetary RepublicCivil Rights Lovefest“Da pacem Domine sperantibus.”
6.The Democratic Republic of The Unified Nations of FeluciaCivil Rights Lovefest“Primogénitus ex cineribus bellum ex luce mundi.”
7.The EPCOT and Conch Republic of Timmy CityNew York Times Democracy“It started with a windbird”
8.The Constitutional Principality of OcearaInoffensive Centrist Democracy“People, Country, Wealth.”
9.The Neo-Dominion of SterkistanInoffensive Centrist Democracy“The endless waltz of war, peace and revolution”
10.The Infinite Empire of Cybus1Father Knows Best State“Nos autem vitam et mortem.”
12»

Regional Happenings

More...

Empire of Andrew Regional Message Board

The Orson Empire wrote:Cybus1
As the Federation continues to make their own plans for war, Orsonian diplomats on Arcadia are clandestinely requesting possible assistance from the Cybusian government in the coming struggle.

Meanwhile, a force of 30 civilian vessels has departed from Saturn, Earth, and Venus, and has arrived out of the warp near Neptune (OOC: and just outside the bounds of any nearby FTL inhibition). The vessels have hailed the Malian naval forces in the region, stating that they have thousands of refugees onboard who are attempting to seek asylum from the Federation. They claim to be mostly political dissidents, as they heavily opposed a potential war with the Confederation and also campaigned for an end to Cytherian dominance over the federal government. The Cytherians apparently tried to silence them on charges of sedition, but they managed to band together and escape into space before the FASC could stop them, seemingly supporting the Malian narrative that Orson is controlled by a genocidal regime. These refugees are begging the Confederation to allow them to dock on the nearby stations and for any assistance possible, before they are hunted down and destroyed by the Federal Military. They also claim that dozens of more vessels filled with refugees like them will soon be making their escape into Confederation space.

Cybus1

CSF Chief of Staff Eric Pedro has ordered for the 4th Fleet to protect the civilian fleet onto another jump to the Miria System with very clear instructions for them to not be allowed to land on any confederate worlds or dock with any ships or stations until the SSO gives the green light on a ship-by-ship basis.. But for them to be granted protection behind planetary shields in orbit of Miria III. (Which is the gas giant where the SSO has built their moon base)

Prime Minister Alexia has secretly raised the possibility with Torchwood that the third party that instigated the Miria War could potentially be the Federation since they'd have motive to strain the Sterki-Cybusian alliance by distracting the Cybusians from the Sterki-Orsonian war with causing a war with the Confederation and simultaneously giving the Federation the ability to claim common cause with the Cybusians against the Confederation to secure a Cybusian Alliance and collapse the Sterki-Cybusian Alliance from the Sterki outrage over such a turn of events so that they can pick apart the Sterks over time. They'd also be one of the few with a high enough level of technology to avoid a traceback if they tried hard enough. ((If Torchwood also is lead astray by this theory like Alexia, it would provide a good way to pull heat off of the Ascendancy which was the more immediately obvious prime suspect. Giving more room for the Ascendancy to act with less need to lie quite as low as they did with both SSO and Torchwood holding them under a microscope.))

An interesting, if rather bizarre, dream I just had (probably inspired by Orson’s recent post):

I was a sort of commando deep within Orsonian Australia, in a dense urban area which looked like London. I had been contracted out by Cybusian and Ocearan interests to steal some extremely rare organic material (wood, I think) with powerful psychogenic properties, with the understanding it would be disguised as a handicraft and sold for a significant profit once it had been smuggled out of the country. I had two other co-conspirators with me, all disguised as Cybusian military attachés with false papers so we wouldn’t be searched. The uniforms were something you’d see in Nazi Germany, mainly consisting of a long black trench coat, peaked cap, and red-on-black emblem on the shoulder designating what department we were in. We had plans to rendezvous with a vehicle to take us out of the country, but almost immediately our plans were thrown into disarray. Just after leaving our apartment, an altercation started down the street between a couple of policemen and Federalist rebels, which ended with shots being fired. Perhaps they had been there to serve as a sort of perimeter guard for our mission, until they had been questioned and events spiraled out of control. My two co-conspirators sprinted in the direction of our rendezvous point, in a building which was still several hundred meters away, all while police began swarming the area. I hesitated for a brief moment and ended up running the other way, with no real plan as to where I was going. With police beginning to take notice and chase me, I ran into a busy metro station and attempted to fire at my pursuers, but was unsuccessful. I thought I had lost them deep in the station, but ended up getting cornered in a restroom and taking a suicide pill to avoid almost certain torture and execution by the Inquisition. The fiasco would probably have resulted in a major international incident, especially given that it occurred within the Orsonian heartland.

Damn Novo, sounds more like a nightmare then a dream. Strangely enough, I don't think I've ever dreamed about Orson before, let alone anything as vivid as you described.

Altercation like these are indeed common in Orson. I haven't really gone into detail about it yet, but the Federalist's guerilla war against the Empire was quite brutal. Both the Imperials and Federalists portrayed themselves in a good light during the conflict; the Imperials were just trying to maintain order and prevent another civil war, while the Federalists were noble freedom fighters, at least according to all the propaganda. In reality, the conflict was a horrifying mess that resulted in many thousands dead, innocent civilians caught in the crossfire, appalling atrocities and mass murders, entire families shattered and divided, and the destruction of numerous towns and cities.

The Unified Nations of Felucia wrote:On that topic, should I just post a new factbook with what I have so far and add more to it as time goes on?

I'm going through with this idea. Here's what I have so far:

Striker Class Torpedo Boat


The FNS Ermine, a Type-103B Striker.

General Information

Manufacturer(s): Solstice Enterprises
Shielding: Light Particle Shielding Generators
Armor: Reinforced Armored Hull Plating
Subsystems: Sublight Thrusters (24-35) • Slipspace Drive • Backup FTL Drive • Sensor Arrays • Communications Arrays

The Striker Class Torpedo Boat, also known as the Formosan Fast Attack Craft, is a class of small warship within the Formosan Star Corps that is typically used for Hit-and-Run operations. Having first entered service during the turn of the 22nd Century, the Striker was introduced as the Formosan Republic's first dedicated space-faring warship by Solstice Enterprises following their work on various interstellar colony ships for the nation years prior. Two variants of the Striker class exist within the Formosan Military: the standard Type-103B and the heavier Type-113 (first introduced following the start of the Formosan-Orsonian War). Depending on the variant, the vessel is built with anywhere between one and two large primary thrusters for propulsion and twenty-two to thirty-four smaller maneuvering thrusters scattered across the hull of the ship. These maneuvering thrusters vary in size, but are notably smaller than the primary thruster(s) located at the rear end of the vessel and generate various amounts of thrust depending on their size and location. Its speed and maneuverability are unparalleled within the Formosan military, however it began being phased out of active service during the early 23rd Century, with most of the retired ships being used as training vessels for the future generations of soldiers.

In terms of their size and the various facilities contained within their hulls, there are some differences between the two variants of the Striker. At a length of 30.48 meters, the Type-103B is roughly 12.47 meters wide and 14.55 meters tall, making them the smallest vessels to be considered proper warships within the Star Corps. Within this relatively small frame were the ship's various subsystems (such as the engines, reactor, and FTL Drive), as well as a small dedicated cargo bay, mess hall, and sleeping quarters that could fit most of the crew on board if needed. Along the sides of each vessel are a total of sixteen hatches that contain the ships escape pods, each of which can carry up to four people at a time and are capable of operating for up to three days before its supply of consumables (food, water, fuel and oxygen) can be fully depleted. Meanwhile, the ships of the Type-113 design are approximately 45.72 meters in length, 18.7 meters wide and 21.83 meters tall. With this increase in size, the Type-113 was allowed to have more maneuvering thrusters, weapon emplacements and interior space (which would be partially taken up by a somewhat cramped medical bay). Similarly to its predecessor, the Type-113 is equipped with escape pods that are located behind various hatches along the sides of the ship, however it contains only nine pods that are larger in size (capable of carrying up to nine people at a time) and can operate for up to four and a half days before running out of consumables. Due to the ships of the class being semi-automated, the number of crew members for the Striker variants are considerably low and can all be evacuated from the ship within a short period of time.

For defensive and offensive purposes, both the Type-103B and Type-113 are equipped with anywhere between two and four Ordnance Delivery Systems, specialized pods containing either multiple torpedoes for Anti-Starfighter combat or missiles for use against warships in Hit-and-Run operations. Each pod is equipped with built-in sensors and maneuvering thrusters to allow for greater operating range and to ensure that its payload would hit their targets. In terms of other weapon emplacements on the Strikers, the Type-103B Striker was equipped with a pair of Dual Pulse Laser Turrets for protection against smaller strikecraft and bombers, while the heavier Type-113 was instead equipped with three Dual Light Shock Cannons and twenty-four VLS cells (with a total of forty-eight missiles) for use in combat against larger targets. Due to the energy weapons being powered by the Wave Motion Engine within the vessels, they can become more powerful or weaker depending on where the energy produced is being directed in combat situations.

In the months before the first Striker was constructed, Solstice Enterprises enlisted Hyuuga Manufacturing to create Artificial Intelligence units to help control the vessels in order to reduce the number of sentient crew members aboard the warships. Upon entering service in 2100, the Type-103B Strikers operated with a crew of sixty, most of which were engineers and technicians, though they could also operate on a skeleton crew of ten in certain conditions. The Type-113, on the other hand, operates with a crew of seventy members. Regardless of the variant, each Striker has an estimated cargo capacity of five hundred tons of cargo (excluding the missile payload of the Type-113) and is stocked with enough consumables to last the entire crew for up to one and a half years before needing to restock on supplies. As of the present, the most notable ships of the class are the Ermine and Hermelin, a Type-103B and Type-113 Striker respectively.


Masyu Class Fast Combat Support Ship


The FNS Masyu, formerly the FCS Saratoga, was the first ship of the class.

General Information

Manufacturer(s): Solstice Enterprises
Shielding: Light Particle Shielding Generators
Armor: Reinforced Armored Hull Plating
Subsystems: Sublight Thrusters (17) • Slipspace Drive • Backup FTL Drive • Sensor Arrays • Communications Arrays

The Masyu Class Fast Combat Support Ship, also known as the Masyu Class Light Frigate and Formosan Supply Ship, is a class of Supply Ship within the Formosan Star Corps that is typically used to replenish warships of their consumables (i.e. food, fuel, munitions, etc.) on and off of the battlefield. First entering military service in 2105, the Masyu Class originated as refitted Saratoga Class Cargo Transports purchased from the Coreway Navigation Company during the final years of the 21st Century. Although they were given shielding generators, military grade sensors, and even a hangar system, they did not receive any weapon emplacements until the 2130s. By this point in time, the Masyu began taking on the secondary role of picket ship within the Formosan Star Corps, however some ships of the class would eventually serve as Medical Frigates due to their state-of-the-art on-board medical facilities. Each ship is built with one primary thruster surrounded by four smaller secondary thrusters for propulsion, with twelve smaller maneuvering thrusters being scattered across the hull of the ship. Ships of the Masyu class are fairly nimble for their role as supply ships, which works well in their favor due to their lack of heavy armament to protect themselves in prolonged combat situations.

In terms of their size and various facilities contained within their hulls, the Masyu class was designed to be built at a length of 250 meters, a width of 60 meters, and a height of 70 meters. The dedicated cargo bays of the Saratoga Class Cargo Transports have remained an integral part of the Masyu class since the production rights of the vessel were transferred over to Solstice Enterprises by the government, though some of this interior space was changed in order for each ship to have a medical bay for sick and injured troops. Ships that serve as Medical Frigates within the Star Corps replace most of the space within the cargo bay with rooms containing medical supplies and beds for patients while also increasing the size of the hangar bay (thus increasing the amount of shuttles for the passengers and crew to board and disembark from). Unlike most other vessels of the Formosan Star Corps, the Masyu lacks escape pods for the evacuation of its crew members, a direct result of the belief that the vessels were too fast and maneuverable to be in enough danger to require their crew to abandon ship. Because of this, the crew relies on the shuttle complement of five medical transports to evacuate as many crew members and passengers as possible. These shuttles are lightly shielded and relatively unarmed, so they could be at risk of destruction if the vessel is engaged in a combat situation.

For defensive and offensive purposes, the Masyu class is equipped with four Dual Light Shock Cannons located along the sides of the ship and two Quad Pulse Laser Turrets guarding the bridge. Because of the ingenuity of the designers of the Shock Cannon, the light cannon emplacements of the Masyu class are capable of altering their firing rate and power output to serve as unconventional Point Defense weapon emplacements. This function is what helped give the class its secondary role of picket ship within the Star Corps. In addition to its weapon emplacements, the Masyu class carries a small fighter complement of five SFA-110 Starvixen Fighters and ten SF-52F Cosmofire Mk. IX Interceptors within their internal hangar bays. These strikecraft are nimble enough to evade fire from larger capital ships and can hold their own against other strikecraft. They are also known for carrying five medical transports/shuttles in place of escape pods, however Masyu class ships that have been refitted to serve as Medical Frigates often replace its complement of Starvixens to carry an additional four shuttles.

Similarly to other vessels of the Formosan Star Corps, ships of the Masyu class are partly automated due the usage of AI units provided by Hyuuga Manufacturing. Upon entering service, the Masyu class operated with a crew of eighty (consisting mostly of engineers, technicians and medical staff), though they can operate on a skeleton crew of thirty in certain conditions. In regards of Masyu Class Medical Frigates, they have been known to operate with a crew of one hundred members or more in order to take care of the passengers on board. On average, the standard Masyu Class Support Ship carries roughly one hundred to two hundred troops and over eight hundred tons of cargo (mostly consumables for other warships), though Masyu Class Medical Frigates are capable of carrying over four hundred sick or injured troops/civilians at a time. Regardless of their role within the Formosan Star Corps, each ship of the Masyu class are stocked with enough consumables to last the entire crew and all passengers on board for up to three years before needing to restock on supplies, and roughly enough consumables in supply to last four Battleships for up to five months. As of the present, the most notable ships of the class are the Masyu, Hagiwara, Takashima, and Takemoto.

Read factbook

Also, if there are any inconsistencies down the line, I'd appreciate being notified of it so that I can fix them.

On an OOC note, recently I've been coming up with fictional names to refer to the landmasses in Oceania in the Orsonian language. For years now, I've realized that it wouldn't actually make sense for these regions to be called "Australia" or "New Zealand" for example, since those are names coined by European explorers and not by the native population, though I've stuck with the names mainly for convenience. For the first time however, I've decided to delve into it, and these are the names I have come up with:

Adsahul- Refers to the modern definition of Oceania, plus the Indonesian isles, the Philippines and parts of Southeast Asia. The word is a composite of three separate Orsonian words- Ad "large", Sa "circle", and Hul "south". The name basically refers to the large, circular shape of the Oceania region, and the fact that the region is south of the Eurasian mainland. The word is typically used to describe the traditional Orsonian world, and where the vast majority of Orsonians live even in modern times. Orsonians may abbreviate the word as "adsa" in casual conversation, and if speaking English, may refer to it as simply "the circle".

Tericarad- Refers to the Australian continent. In the modern usage of the word, it means "homeland", but it actually derived from two Orsonian words: Ter "arid" or "dry", and the suffix -rad, which means "land" or "land of" (similar to how -stan is used in the Persian language for "country of"; it, of course, references the fact that Australia was largely a barren desert in ancient times. Often abbreviated as "Teric" by Orsonians.

Korinrad- Refers to Tasmania. The first part of the word, Kor, means "wind". Refers to the fact that the island is located in the Roaring Forties, strong westerly winds in the southern hemisphere between 40 and 50 degrees in latitude; as such, the island has a very windy climate.

Elterradis- Refers to New Zealand. The word essentially means "the lands east of Australia" (El translates to "east). "-radis" is an extension of -rad, meaning "multiple lands" instead of a single land (referring to New Zealand's two islands).

Fudoarad- Refers to New Guinea. Fudoa translates to "jungle" or "forest"; the word itself is an extension of the word Fud, meaning "tree". It references the large amount of jungles that cover the island.

Riviyarad- By its technical definition, the word refers to the islands of Java and Sumatra in Indonesia, plus much of modern Indochina, Malaysia, and Thailand. Riviya is an Orsonian corruption of the Sanskrit-derived "Srivijaya". The Srivijaya Empire was a Buddhist thalassocratic nation that controlled either all or portions of the region previously described, until its conquest by the Orsonian Crocodilians in the 9th century AD, and its subsequent settlement by Orsonian colonists. Despite its specific definition, the name is also commonly used to refer to all of the Indonesian islands.

Andurad- A general term referring to all of the Indian subcontinent. Andu is an Orsonian corruption of "Hindu", derived from the Persian name for India and Hinduism.

Halsuradis- Refers to the Phillippines. Hal means "north", and "su" means isle; thus, the name means "northern isles", referring to the Philippines position as the northernmost lands in Adsahul. The Philippines has had a large Orsonian population for centuries, to the point that many Orsonians consider the islands to be a nominal part of the Empire. This has been a major point of contention between the Orsonians and Wagains for a long time.

Novo Wagondia wrote:I've been researching the Kennedy family today, and it made me think about the legacy of political dynasties in America. Many dynastic families are household names (Roosevelt, Clinton, Bush, etc), with numerous members serving as Senators, Governors, or even Presidents. Many, like New York's Rockefeller family, were titans of industry and had amassed considerable wealth before they became political figures.

Whether in politics or commerce, does your nation have dynastic families of its own? Has their influence in society remained strong through multiple generations? Are they associated with a particular geographic region or industry?

The Hartman family was a noble dynasty which was afforded significant power and prestige, and a large degree of autonomy due to their incredible loyalty to Alex, and their most infamous member, Yvonne Hartman, was the first Torchwood Director. However, while she was skilled at seduction, manipulation, and poisoning, she floundered when trying to deal with large-scale operations or political movements: one of the reasons The Rebellion was so successful was her incompetence and the fact that anyone competent and skilled enough to replace her was discreetly “dealt with” to prevent any competition for her job from arising. Following Yvonnes flight from Arcadia and subsequent death at the hands of John Forge, the remaining Hartmans were either killed in battle, assassinated by vengeful Orsonians, or murdered by nobles who sought revenge for being framed, executed, or otherwise punished by the manipulative Hartmans.
The House of Usher is famed for being master weapon-artisans, explorers, and artists. Nathanial Usher was a famed explorer, however, he encountered something late in his career. Whatever it was, he was driven mad, and the Usher Malady began; a slow wasting away of the biomass and a hypersensitivity of the senses, passed down to almost every Usher. Many later Ushers believed their bloodline cursed, and chose not to reproduce, preferring to let the taint end with them; but there are still surviving Ushers, both afflicted and unaffiliated. Roderick Usher is a famed playwright, painter, poet, and weapon smith, occasionally sending out his work from his ancestral home on Carcassia, where he lives with his sister, Madeline. Both are afflicted by the Malady and both are slowly going mad. Violet Usher is a painter, creating somber but beautiful works of art from another estate on Carcassia. And of course, Natalia Usher is one of the few unaffected by the Usher Malady: famously flighty and fond of exploration and collecting artifacts, she has engaged in romantic affairs with both Wagain-Cybusian tycoon Francisco D’Anconia, and Emperor Mercer himself.
The House of Vostrov is a famed economic dynasty, having earned their fame by developing the Stimpack, and the fabricator. Nikolai Vostrov is the head of the family and Vostrov Industries, which creates the majority of the Empires small craft, small arms, fabricators, Stimpacks, and the missile system used by the Imperial military.
The Atlas family is another economic dynasty, responsible for the shipyards of Colossus Defense Engineering; the creators of warships for the Empire since the Rebellion, and relatively recently branching out into ground vehicles. Brad Atlas is the current head of the family; descended from Pyotr Atlas, the founder of the company, he is less of a public figure than other executives, but is still quite famous.
The Taggart family is another, relatively newer economic dynasty; responsible for Taggart Trans-Imperial in the aftermath of the Rebellion, the family is a long line of Objectivists and perfectionists. Dagney Taggart is the head of the family, and is a noted and outspoken Objectivist, and has achieved much notoriety for her willingness to bluntly speak her mind. Nevertheless, under her leadership, Taggart Trans-Imperial continues to be the Empires predominant transportation provider.

(I thought about including D’Anconia, but he’s primarily Wagain)

The Orson Empire wrote:Cybus1
As the Federation continues to make their own plans for war, Orsonian diplomats on Arcadia are clandestinely requesting possible assistance from the Cybusian government in the coming struggle.

Meanwhile, a force of 30 civilian vessels has departed from Saturn, Earth, and Venus, and has arrived out of the warp near Neptune (OOC: and just outside the bounds of any nearby FTL inhibition). The vessels have hailed the Malian naval forces in the region, stating that they have thousands of refugees onboard who are attempting to seek asylum from the Federation. They claim to be mostly political dissidents, as they heavily opposed a potential war with the Confederation and also campaigned for an end to Cytherian dominance over the federal government. The Cytherians apparently tried to silence them on charges of sedition, but they managed to band together and escape into space before the FASC could stop them, seemingly supporting the Malian narrative that Orson is controlled by a genocidal regime. These refugees are begging the Confederation to allow them to dock on the nearby stations and for any assistance possible, before they are hunted down and destroyed by the Federal Military. They also claim that dozens of more vessels filled with refugees like them will soon be making their escape into Confederation space.

Imperial diplomats on Arcadia have been unable to make any assurances, simply stating that they will be watching any developments with a close eye, and any decisions regarding Imperial intervention will be made later. However, refugees are welcome to apply for asylum in the Empire, where they will be welcomed with open arms.

Oceara wrote:Cybus1

CSF Chief of Staff Eric Pedro has ordered for the 4th Fleet to protect the civilian fleet onto another jump to the Miria System with very clear instructions for them to not be allowed to land on any confederate worlds or dock with any ships or stations until the SSO gives the green light on a ship-by-ship basis.. But for them to be granted protection behind planetary shields in orbit of Miria III. (Which is the gas giant where the SSO has built their moon base)

Prime Minister Alexia has secretly raised the possibility with Torchwood that the third party that instigated the Miria War could potentially be the Federation since they'd have motive to strain the Sterki-Cybusian alliance by distracting the Cybusians from the Sterki-Orsonian war with causing a war with the Confederation and simultaneously giving the Federation the ability to claim common cause with the Cybusians against the Confederation to secure a Cybusian Alliance and collapse the Sterki-Cybusian Alliance from the Sterki outrage over such a turn of events so that they can pick apart the Sterks over time. They'd also be one of the few with a high enough level of technology to avoid a traceback if they tried hard enough. ((If Torchwood also is lead astray by this theory like Alexia, it would provide a good way to pull heat off of the Ascendancy which was the more immediately obvious prime suspect. Giving more room for the Ascendancy to act with less need to lie quite as low as they did with both SSO and Torchwood holding them under a microscope.))

Torchwood has thanked the SSO for this possible lead, and an investigation will be launched.

Novo Wagondia wrote:An interesting, if rather bizarre, dream I just had (probably inspired by Orson’s recent post):

I was a sort of commando deep within Orsonian Australia, in a dense urban area which looked like London. I had been contracted out by Cybusian and Ocearan interests to steal some extremely rare organic material (wood, I think) with powerful psychogenic properties, with the understanding it would be disguised as a handicraft and sold for a significant profit once it had been smuggled out of the country. I had two other co-conspirators with me, all disguised as Cybusian military attachés with false papers so we wouldn’t be searched. The uniforms were something you’d see in Nazi Germany, mainly consisting of a long black trench coat, peaked cap, and red-on-black emblem on the shoulder designating what department we were in. We had plans to rendezvous with a vehicle to take us out of the country, but almost immediately our plans were thrown into disarray. Just after leaving our apartment, an altercation started down the street between a couple of policemen and Federalist rebels, which ended with shots being fired. Perhaps they had been there to serve as a sort of perimeter guard for our mission, until they had been questioned and events spiraled out of control. My two co-conspirators sprinted in the direction of our rendezvous point, in a building which was still several hundred meters away, all while police began swarming the area. I hesitated for a brief moment and ended up running the other way, with no real plan as to where I was going. With police beginning to take notice and chase me, I ran into a busy metro station and attempted to fire at my pursuers, but was unsuccessful. I thought I had lost them deep in the station, but ended up getting cornered in a restroom and taking a suicide pill to avoid almost certain torture and execution by the Inquisition. The fiasco would probably have resulted in a major international incident, especially given that it occurred within the Orsonian heartland.

Fascinating. I’ve never dreamt about the Empire, or the EOA. Torchwood tends to go with the classic fedora, but I can see Navy or Army officers having a sort of peaked cap and longcoat, through trenchcoats are typically associated with Torchwood, along with nice suits.

The Unified Nations of Felucia wrote:I'm going through with this idea. Here's what I have so far:

Striker Class Torpedo Boat


The FNS Ermine, a Type-103B Striker.

General Information

Manufacturer(s): Solstice Enterprises
Shielding: Light Particle Shielding Generators
Armor: Reinforced Armored Hull Plating
Subsystems: Sublight Thrusters (24-35) • Slipspace Drive • Backup FTL Drive • Sensor Arrays • Communications Arrays

The Striker Class Torpedo Boat, also known as the Formosan Fast Attack Craft, is a class of small warship within the Formosan Star Corps that is typically used for Hit-and-Run operations. Having first entered service during the turn of the 22nd Century, the Striker was introduced as the Formosan Republic's first dedicated space-faring warship by Solstice Enterprises following their work on various interstellar colony ships for the nation years prior. Two variants of the Striker class exist within the Formosan Military: the standard Type-103B and the heavier Type-113 (first introduced following the start of the Formosan-Orsonian War). Depending on the variant, the vessel is built with anywhere between one and two large primary thrusters for propulsion and twenty-two to thirty-four smaller maneuvering thrusters scattered across the hull of the ship. These maneuvering thrusters vary in size, but are notably smaller than the primary thruster(s) located at the rear end of the vessel and generate various amounts of thrust depending on their size and location. Its speed and maneuverability are unparalleled within the Formosan military, however it began being phased out of active service during the early 23rd Century, with most of the retired ships being used as training vessels for the future generations of soldiers.

In terms of their size and the various facilities contained within their hulls, there are some differences between the two variants of the Striker. At a length of 30.48 meters, the Type-103B is roughly 12.47 meters wide and 14.55 meters tall, making them the smallest vessels to be considered proper warships within the Star Corps. Within this relatively small frame were the ship's various subsystems (such as the engines, reactor, and FTL Drive), as well as a small dedicated cargo bay, mess hall, and sleeping quarters that could fit most of the crew on board if needed. Along the sides of each vessel are a total of sixteen hatches that contain the ships escape pods, each of which can carry up to four people at a time and are capable of operating for up to three days before its supply of consumables (food, water, fuel and oxygen) can be fully depleted. Meanwhile, the ships of the Type-113 design are approximately 45.72 meters in length, 18.7 meters wide and 21.83 meters tall. With this increase in size, the Type-113 was allowed to have more maneuvering thrusters, weapon emplacements and interior space (which would be partially taken up by a somewhat cramped medical bay). Similarly to its predecessor, the Type-113 is equipped with escape pods that are located behind various hatches along the sides of the ship, however it contains only nine pods that are larger in size (capable of carrying up to nine people at a time) and can operate for up to four and a half days before running out of consumables. Due to the ships of the class being semi-automated, the number of crew members for the Striker variants are considerably low and can all be evacuated from the ship within a short period of time.

For defensive and offensive purposes, both the Type-103B and Type-113 are equipped with anywhere between two and four Ordnance Delivery Systems, specialized pods containing either multiple torpedoes for Anti-Starfighter combat or missiles for use against warships in Hit-and-Run operations. Each pod is equipped with built-in sensors and maneuvering thrusters to allow for greater operating range and to ensure that its payload would hit their targets. In terms of other weapon emplacements on the Strikers, the Type-103B Striker was equipped with a pair of Dual Pulse Laser Turrets for protection against smaller strikecraft and bombers, while the heavier Type-113 was instead equipped with three Dual Light Shock Cannons and twenty-four VLS cells (with a total of forty-eight missiles) for use in combat against larger targets. Due to the energy weapons being powered by the Wave Motion Engine within the vessels, they can become more powerful or weaker depending on where the energy produced is being directed in combat situations.

In the months before the first Striker was constructed, Solstice Enterprises enlisted Hyuuga Manufacturing to create Artificial Intelligence units to help control the vessels in order to reduce the number of sentient crew members aboard the warships. Upon entering service in 2100, the Type-103B Strikers operated with a crew of sixty, most of which were engineers and technicians, though they could also operate on a skeleton crew of ten in certain conditions. The Type-113, on the other hand, operates with a crew of seventy members. Regardless of the variant, each Striker has an estimated cargo capacity of five hundred tons of cargo (excluding the missile payload of the Type-113) and is stocked with enough consumables to last the entire crew for up to one and a half years before needing to restock on supplies. As of the present, the most notable ships of the class are the Ermine and Hermelin, a Type-103B and Type-113 Striker respectively.


Masyu Class Fast Combat Support Ship


The FNS Masyu, formerly the FCS Saratoga, was the first ship of the class.

General Information

Manufacturer(s): Solstice Enterprises
Shielding: Light Particle Shielding Generators
Armor: Reinforced Armored Hull Plating
Subsystems: Sublight Thrusters (17) • Slipspace Drive • Backup FTL Drive • Sensor Arrays • Communications Arrays

The Masyu Class Fast Combat Support Ship, also known as the Masyu Class Light Frigate and Formosan Supply Ship, is a class of Supply Ship within the Formosan Star Corps that is typically used to replenish warships of their consumables (i.e. food, fuel, munitions, etc.) on and off of the battlefield. First entering military service in 2105, the Masyu Class originated as refitted Saratoga Class Cargo Transports purchased from the Coreway Navigation Company during the final years of the 21st Century. Although they were given shielding generators, military grade sensors, and even a hangar system, they did not receive any weapon emplacements until the 2130s. By this point in time, the Masyu began taking on the secondary role of picket ship within the Formosan Star Corps, however some ships of the class would eventually serve as Medical Frigates due to their state-of-the-art on-board medical facilities. Each ship is built with one primary thruster surrounded by four smaller secondary thrusters for propulsion, with twelve smaller maneuvering thrusters being scattered across the hull of the ship. Ships of the Masyu class are fairly nimble for their role as supply ships, which works well in their favor due to their lack of heavy armament to protect themselves in prolonged combat situations.

In terms of their size and various facilities contained within their hulls, the Masyu class was designed to be built at a length of 250 meters, a width of 60 meters, and a height of 70 meters. The dedicated cargo bays of the Saratoga Class Cargo Transports have remained an integral part of the Masyu class since the production rights of the vessel were transferred over to Solstice Enterprises by the government, though some of this interior space was changed in order for each ship to have a medical bay for sick and injured troops. Ships that serve as Medical Frigates within the Star Corps replace most of the space within the cargo bay with rooms containing medical supplies and beds for patients while also increasing the size of the hangar bay (thus increasing the amount of shuttles for the passengers and crew to board and disembark from). Unlike most other vessels of the Formosan Star Corps, the Masyu lacks escape pods for the evacuation of its crew members, a direct result of the belief that the vessels were too fast and maneuverable to be in enough danger to require their crew to abandon ship. Because of this, the crew relies on the shuttle complement of five medical transports to evacuate as many crew members and passengers as possible. These shuttles are lightly shielded and relatively unarmed, so they could be at risk of destruction if the vessel is engaged in a combat situation.

For defensive and offensive purposes, the Masyu class is equipped with four Dual Light Shock Cannons located along the sides of the ship and two Quad Pulse Laser Turrets guarding the bridge. Because of the ingenuity of the designers of the Shock Cannon, the light cannon emplacements of the Masyu class are capable of altering their firing rate and power output to serve as unconventional Point Defense weapon emplacements. This function is what helped give the class its secondary role of picket ship within the Star Corps. In addition to its weapon emplacements, the Masyu class carries a small fighter complement of five SFA-110 Starvixen Fighters and ten SF-52F Cosmofire Mk. IX Interceptors within their internal hangar bays. These strikecraft are nimble enough to evade fire from larger capital ships and can hold their own against other strikecraft. They are also known for carrying five medical transports/shuttles in place of escape pods, however Masyu class ships that have been refitted to serve as Medical Frigates often replace its complement of Starvixens to carry an additional four shuttles.

Similarly to other vessels of the Formosan Star Corps, ships of the Masyu class are partly automated due the usage of AI units provided by Hyuuga Manufacturing. Upon entering service, the Masyu class operated with a crew of eighty (consisting mostly of engineers, technicians and medical staff), though they can operate on a skeleton crew of thirty in certain conditions. In regards of Masyu Class Medical Frigates, they have been known to operate with a crew of one hundred members or more in order to take care of the passengers on board. On average, the standard Masyu Class Support Ship carries roughly one hundred to two hundred troops and over eight hundred tons of cargo (mostly consumables for other warships), though Masyu Class Medical Frigates are capable of carrying over four hundred sick or injured troops/civilians at a time. Regardless of their role within the Formosan Star Corps, each ship of the Masyu class are stocked with enough consumables to last the entire crew and all passengers on board for up to three years before needing to restock on supplies, and roughly enough consumables in supply to last four Battleships for up to five months. As of the present, the most notable ships of the class are the Masyu, Hagiwara, Takashima, and Takemoto.

Read factbook

Also, if there are any inconsistencies down the line, I'd appreciate being notified of it so that I can fix them.

Great work!!

Forum View

Advertisement