WA Delegate: None.
Last WA Update:
Commonwealth of Geopolitics contains 3 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Rudest Citizens in Commonwealth of Geopolitics
World Census experts telephoned citizens from all nations at just before dinner time, in a study to determine which populations were most brash, rude, or brusque.
As a region, Commonwealth of Geopolitics is ranked 20,603rd in the world for Rudest Citizens.
|1.||The United States of Armaros 1||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world”|
|2.||The Fiefdom of Ewhiyae||Corrupt Dictatorship||“Lux Amat Fortis”|
|3.||The Republic of Primitive Caretaker Device||Psychotic Dictatorship||“God, Homeland, Liberty”|
- : Everyones favorite fleet admiral 2 ceased to exist.
- : Crying at midnight ceased to exist.
- : Otiords ceased to exist.
- : The Republic of Aasnerereu ceased to exist.
- : The Kingdom of Charlie T Wilbury Jr of the region Traveling Wilburys proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Grand Duchy of Sixist departed this region for Crystal Falls.
- : The Protectorate of Foril-Zeta departed this region for Crystal Falls.
- : The Grand Duchy of Sixist established the region's flag.
- : The Grand Duchy of Sixist updated the World Factbook entry.
- : The Grand Duchy of Sixist lost WA Delegate status.
Commonwealth of Geopolitics Regional Message Board
- East Coast High Speed Rail (ECHSR)
Melbourne to Sydney in less than 3 hours? Yes please!
January 5th, 1990
Minister for Transport and Communications Ralph Willis has announced that a high speed rail will be built between Melbourne and Sydney, and will be ready to use by 1995. The rail comes after two decades of research into a high-speed rail in Australia. The trip, which currently takes over 11 hours, will take just under 3 hours.
Willis announced that it will cost $25 billion, and is predominately based off the 'Very Fast Train Joint Venture' and 'CSIRO Recommendation' from 1984. The train, which will travel at 115km/h, will require not only a new track, but will also require new stations. Ending at Southern Cross Station (Melbourne) and Central Station (Sydney), new stations in Wagga Wagga and Albury will be built over the course of the next 5 years.
It is also proposed that the rail will, in the new century, reach Brisbane also.
Zelenyirus, Organstead, These american states united, and -meluhha
January 20, 1990
Capitol Hill, Washington D.C., USA
THE ELECTION OF 41st PRESIDENT JIM DEMINT
- The election of 1990 proved as a shocker not just to the Democrats but the Reagan Republicans as Jim DeMint originates from the nascent Neoconservative branch of the Republican Party; however, nonetheless, the Republican victory of 1990 continues the now 10 year reign of the Republican Party. Jim DeMint, only 39 years of age, demonstrated to the Republican Party and the American People as a whole that you do not need to be part of the central establishment of American politics. Jim DeMint has made history becoming the first individual winning the Presidency from the House of Representatives directly rather than the Senate or private interests. Running on the campaign of American primacy in all sectors and industry, domestic economic populism and protection of small businesses, political accountability and responsibility, judicial conservatism, competition among American farmers and industrialists, and reconstruction of American infrastructure: The True American Dream. With the youthful, charming appearance of James DeMint, President-elect DeMint carried the woman vote and actually turned Republican states even more Red as solid strongholds and has gained grounds in swing states such as Pennsylvania, primarily Western Pennsylvania.
- It has been estimated that approximately 1.75 million people was in attendance to watch the inauguration of the youngest President in history. To counterbalance the noticeable youth of President-elect Jim DeMint, Jim DeMint's running mate is the notorious old school Republican-Neo-conservative acolyte Mitch McConnell in order to allow for the new President to garner the trust of the Republican Party in the advent of a new decade. The ceremonial swearing in of Jim DeMint was as celebratory as ever since the days of JFK as Republican, Independent, and center-right Libertarians cheered for their President while Democratic protests occurred on Massachusetts Avenue yet blocked off by DC Metropolitan Police and the Secret Service. All eyes were on DeMint and he knew this. With his wife Debbie DeMint side by side and Vice-President Mitch McConnell standing next to former President Ronald Reagan and Vice-President George H.W. Bush, the Republican Party appeared to be stronger and more solidified than ever. With the closing of the ceremony and the arrival to the White House after the showcase of the Presidential motorcade on Pennsylvania Avenue and the military parade, President James DeMint did not want to wait to get started on his Presidential duties. Tasking McConnell with the construction of DeMint's Cabinet, President-Elect DeMint spoke with Ronald Reagan in an extensive conversation in the Situation Room discussing the current geopolitical events occurring around the world and the state of the United States domestically.
The Year 1990 and Beyond
- The DeMint Presidency is highly important and strategically vital for the positioning of the United States for the next decade despite being President for the next four or eight years. The policies and actions of DeMint will determine if the United States can achieve global primacy or crumble to its own weight. As it currently stands, the United States of America possesses a GDP of $5.98 trillion and with the impending collapse of the Soviet Union, the most powerful military in the world. With the recent independence of Zelenyirus, the DeMint Administration views this as a grand opening into the Iron Curtain and a great benefit to the United States. The continual Westernization of Secular iran as a viable strategic partner in the Middle East as also demonstrated an opportunity for the United States to garner a larger presence in a highly strategic geographical region of the world. As it is the obligation of the United States to ensure all international maritime trading lanes are open and free without hindrance of an opposing foe, the DeMint Administration firmly believes that the backbone of American primacy for the future will be within a fully modern, advanced Air Force and sustained Navy of over 400 ships. Economically, the intention of DeMint is to continue the policies of Ronald Reagan's economic but with a blend of advice from George H.W. Bush and the nascent Third Way Politics movement within neoliberalism economic school and political philosophy. DeMint saw himself and his administration as revolutionary and visionary...the new fresh breath of air the country needed in order to continue moving in the right direction.
- As an advocate for pursuing advanced technology in all things, the DeMint Administration has promised heightened importance on direct federal investments into education, expanding social and human capital, and advanced technologies to keep the American advantage and clear supremacy. With public opinion of DeMint at an average 69% of the population, it is vital for DeMint to demonstrate his capabilities within the first 100 years of his administration. With Congress finishing up recess, the time has come for the young Republican to push America further into glory or destruction.
- महान चुनाव || mahaan chunaav
The Great Election
January 25th, 1990
"A LANDSLIDE ELECTION VICTORY FOR THIRUMALARAJU AND THE INDIAN NATIONAL CONGRESS AS THE KANNADIGA TAKES OVER THE PRIME MINISTERSHIP FROM SINGH 195 (INC) TO 142 (JD). ATHERA THIRUMALARAJU IS THE EIGHTH PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA, THE SECOND FEMALE PRIME MINISTER AFTER THE LATE INDIRA GANDHI, AND THE FIRST PRIME MINISTER FROM KARNATAKA. AND, AT ONLY FORTY-EIGHT YEARS OF AGE, PRIME MINISTER THIRUMALARAJU IS THE YOUNGEST IN INDIAN HISTORY."
Halasuru Jafar Athera Thirumalaraju wasn't really paying that much attention to her radio as she ate her breakfast. A 48-year-old woman from Bangalore has never been, and probably never will be, the Prime Minister of the world's largest democracy. It was a dream, sure, but a reality? Fat chance. Then again, other than thwarting the idea of a war with Pakistan, Singh hadn't done a lot.
"Athera, Athera!" She hadn't exactly been listening to the radio, more focusing on her breakfast. Her train of thought was interrupted by her husband, Yashwant, who burst into the room. He wrapped his arms around her as he lifted her off the chair and spun around. "Congratulations, Prime Minister!" Athera stood shocked, before going back and checking the radio.
"THIRUMALARAJU IS EXPECTED TO BE SWORN IN THIS AFTERNOON. IT IS NOT YET KNOWN IF SHE IS AWARE OF HER WIN, HOWEVER, AS SHE IS REPORTEDLY NOT PRESENT AT THE INDIAN NATIONAL CONGRESS OFFICES IN KOLKATA"
"I... won?" Athera was, to say the least, shocked. Not in a bad way, no. She was excited, as one would be. Change was coming to India. Big changes, too. The only question was, is India ready?
Aichd, Organstead, and Secular iran
SINO-INDIAN BORDER AGREEMENT
India stands as the other great Asian power capable of pursuing her own independent policy, other than the People's Republic, and friendship with New Delhi became highly sought after in the wake of the events of 1989. However, multiple issues stand in the way of a united Sino-Indian front against common threats; principally the border disputes between the two giants. After a year's debate on how to proceed with the issue, Jiang Zemin, China's new paramount leader, paid a diplomatic visit to the Indian capital and settled a deal with the Indians, the terms of which are such; firstly, China will relinquish all claims to the region of Arunachal Pradesh, and will cede parts of Aksai Chin up to the Foreign Office Line of 1873. In exchange, India will support diplomatically China's claims in the South China Sea, over Taiwan, and other disputes to the East. Secondly, India and China, both rapidly growing economies with immense markets, will conclude a free trade deal to be discussed at a later date. Having been relieved the burden of fully garrisoning the Tibetan frontier, Beijing hopes that this will open up a new chapter in Sino-Indian relations, and that this partnership will develop further.
DIPLOMATIC MISSION TO UKRAINE
Seeking to further modernize China's armed forces, the Central People's Congress has authorized a diplomatic mission to Ukraine for the primary purpose of sourcing relevant military equipment and technologies for use by the PLA. Of particular interest are the Main Battle Tanks Ukraine is capable of producing, the carrier Varyag, and the Antonov company's planes. China has officially bestowed diplomatic recognition to the Ukrainian state, in preparation for the visit, and will also seek an exchange of embassies. The secondary purpose of the visit will be to forge economic ties with Kiev, and perhaps secure a free-trade deal.
Sorry about that, had to get a new monitor. Now then...let us begin
Mexico City to undergo major urban renewal
In an effort to combat the many issues that Mexico City faces, Emperor Pedro and the Prime Minister have broken ground on what will be the first of several new metro subways and businesses that will create hopefully create tens of thousands of new jobs for the city's poor and raise income earning for the city's population. New housing will also be built so as to give people affordable homes to live in and take care of their families. If the new renewal program is successful here in the capital, it will be expanded to every city in Mexico until the nation, which has long suffered from poverty, can take its rightful place among the nations of the world. total cost for the program is unknown at this time but rumored to be in the billions of pesos but will entice foreign companies to invest more into the Mexican economy.
Secular iran and Dominican Republicania
L A R D