by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .503504505506507508509»

what happened here?
Come on guys, we gotta be better.

I don't even wanna think about the answer to your question
I just wanna go to Mass, man

Hi

Decembria wrote:I don't even wanna think about the answer to your question
I just wanna go to Mass, man

I love Mass!

Reginum wrote:so we have to be cool with idolitry that even cardinals arent cool with, and the changing of prayers, and the many other things that the pope is doing that go against the Church to be Catholic? Well then im not Catholic.


Otto: “You could’ve raised concerns without throwing around accusations as if they’re given.”
You: *Throws around accusations as if they’re given, Again*
Bruh…
There was no idolatry. The Pope hasn’t done anything contrary to the Church or the faith. Conflating what may not be a prudential decision at one given point in time with idolatry, heresy, etc., isn’t just incorrect, it’s uncharitable. And what your flexing right now, rather than wit, is an obstinate ignorance rooted in evil suspicion. Check your hermeneutics. Check your premises. You’ll find them to be wrong.
https://youtu.be/yT2i-Vkerms

Tiridatesia wrote:Hi

Howdy

Sancti Sepulcri wrote:Otto: “You could’ve raised concerns without throwing around accusations as if they’re given.”
You: *Throws around accusations as if they’re given, Again*
Bruh…
There was no idolatry. The Pope hasn’t done anything contrary to the Church or the faith. Conflating what may not be a prudential decision at one given point in time with idolatry, heresy, etc., isn’t just incorrect, it’s uncharitable. And what your flexing right now, rather than wit, is an obstinate ignorance rooted in evil suspicion. Check your hermeneutics. Check your premises. You’ll find them to be wrong.
https://youtu.be/yT2i-Vkerms

My man Michael Lofton always on point

Ottovanus wrote:My man Michael Lofton always on point

the problem with that is he provided links. And he left the server, its unchristian to go after someone when they arent here to defend themselves. Common, be better than this, dont stup to a level lower than what you should be at.

This is just toxic,and if thats how you guys are, then its gonna drive people away.

Tiridatesia wrote:the problem with that is he provided links. And he left the server, its unchristian to go after someone when they arent here to defend themselves. Common, be better than this, dont stup to a level lower than what you should be at.

My guy, if you're just okay with someone claiming to be Catholic, and then publicly slander the Church on our message board, then I don't know what to tell you. I never had any ill intent, and I never wanted him to get upset. I wanted him to stop sinning. Just because he dropped a couple links (which we also did) doesn't mean anything. He acted uncharitable and ignorant.

To be fair, our region is not most concerned with getting the most people. Authenticity of Catholic belief is much higher on the list of priorities for those claiming to be Catholic. Now, there is something to be said for knowing when it’s time to take it to DMs, but an important rule of thumb is to discuss disagreements at an impersonal level where such conflicts are a matter of the ideas and not an attack on the person.

However, it’s hard to do that with the subgroup who think the current Church establishment is going to hell in a handbasket with no hope or reason of change. Fideism can’t be reasoned with which means there is no way to bridge the division and scandal such serious accusations bring.

For the record, if I came across as uncharitable or I didn't live up to the standard that we as Catholics should hold ourselves to, then I'm open to correction. That being said, I don't know anyway to attempt to work with someone publicly professing such erroneous beliefs, and leveling slanderous accusations against the Holy Father on a Catholic board other than being upfront with the facts.

I understand that we want our region to grow, and that non-Catholics are absolutely welcome here as part of our duty to all be evangelists, but people attacking our religion is a whole different thing. I don't see any reason to want someone who is obstinately opposed to Catholicism to hang around.

Reginum wrote:And your not southern, are you, son? Around here that means to f-word yourself.

Southern what? Southern USA? Why am I, a Brazilian, supposed to know what that means?

I do know, however, know of a heresy called Americanism, which is taking the USA's traditional values as truth, in opposition to the Truth which is Christ; all that talk about vaccines or China, for instance, to which 99% of us Brazilians would laugh at you, or believing that praying for someone is an insult to then, or treating the Pope as you would your stupid President, sounds to me very suspicious of Americanism. Beware!

Off-topic, I've heard many Usonians say 'gosh' instead of 'God', which is outrageous; the Lord's name should be pronounced correctly, and saying 'gosh' risks blaspheming agains His holy name. I mention that as an example of how Usonian Protestants have no idea of anything they're doing.

I'm praying for you, as it is my Christian duty and this conversation has brought you to the forefront of my thought. I ask that you also pray for my conversion.

Pray for me if you want to.

God bless you all.

Attike wrote:Southern what? Southern USA? Why am I, a Brazilian, supposed to know what that means?

I do know, however, know of a heresy called Americanism, which is taking the USA's traditional values as truth, in opposition to the Truth which is Christ; all that talk about vaccines or China, for instance, to which 99% of us Brazilians would laugh at you, or believing that praying for someone is an insult to then, or treating the Pope as you would your stupid President, sounds to me very suspicious of Americanism. Beware!
southern as in the south of the US. We follow eachother on instagram, and I asked him
He is from Louisiana

Off-topic, I've heard many Usonians say 'gosh' instead of 'God', which is outrageous; the Lord's name should be pronounced correctly, and saying 'gosh' risks blaspheming agains His holy name. I mention that as an example of how Usonian Protestants have no idea of anything they're doing.

I'm praying for you, as it is my Christian duty and this conversation has brought you to the forefront of my thought. I ask that you also pray for my conversion.

Ottovanus wrote:My guy, if you're just okay with someone claiming to be Catholic, and then publicly slander the Church on our message board, then I don't know what to tell you. I never had any ill intent, and I never wanted him to get upset. I wanted him to stop sinning. Just because he dropped a couple links (which we also did) doesn't mean anything. He acted uncharitable and ignorant.

you are acting just as bad, because he left, and you still continue to fight with his idea. That is backbitting friends, and it is rude to do. Do you think that is a Catholic thing to do. If someone isnt there to defend themselves, dont fight them. Let him go, he left, and according to him, is never coming back.
its not a membership thing, its an honor thing.
have some, it is Catholic duty to treat others with respect, and this is disrespectful.

hey im sorry for the war i started
But lets not go after someone who is gone
anyway lets please change the topic

The United Dutchies wrote:you are acting just as bad, because he left, and you still continue to fight with his idea. That is backbitting friends, and it is rude to do. Do you think that is a Catholic thing to do. If someone isnt there to defend themselves, dont fight them. Let him go, he left, and according to him, is never coming back.
its not a membership thing, its an honor thing.
have some, it is Catholic duty to treat others with respect, and this is disrespectful.

Please elaborate. I never went after anyone off of this region. Every time I mentioned him he was still part of Catholic. I was never disrespectful to him either. I criticized his claims, and I asked him to apologize for slandering the Pope. Please explain how I was in anyway acting inappropriate.

Tiridatesia wrote:hey im sorry for the war i started
But lets not go after someone who is gone
anyway lets please change the topic

You didn't start anything man, and I'm on board with moving on too.

Ottovanus wrote:Please elaborate. I never went after anyone off of this region. Every time I mentioned him he was still part of Catholic. I was never disrespectful to him either. I criticized his claims, and I asked him to apologize for slandering the Pope. Please explain how I was in anyway acting inappropriate.

I will move on with you, but this is the explanation
It is just rude to continue to fight after someone leaves
i get it and im not saying he is right
but if hes gone he is gone. The conversation needed to end, otherwise it is just dishonarble, which is what he was as well. Right or wrong, you have to treat our enemies with honor, because thats what Christ did. Its not just you, its the whole chat continuing the conversation to go after him,without him being able to defend himself

Ottovanus wrote:You didn't start anything man, and I'm on board with moving on too.

me too

The United Dutchies wrote:I will move on with you, but this is the explanation
It is just rude to continue to fight after someone leaves
i get it and im not saying he is right
but if hes gone he is gone. The conversation needed to end, otherwise it is just dishonarble, which is what he was as well. Right or wrong, you have to treat our enemies with honor, because thats what Christ did. Its not just you, its the whole chat continuing the conversation to go after him,without him being able to defend himself

Again, I never said anything to him after he left. So why are you specifically tagging me?

The United Dutchies wrote:

Whatever you meant to tell me above, it's empty on my side, dear brother.

Ottovanus wrote:Again, I never said anything to him after he left. So why are you specifically tagging me?

In truth it was the whole of the server, and yours was just the one that I saw first. I am sorry for causing you any distress
he apologizes as well
lets move on please
we all want to, so let us

The United Dutchies wrote:In truth it was the whole of the server, and yours was just the one that I saw first. I am sorry for causing you any distress
he apologizes as well
lets move on please
we all want to, so let us

Fair enough. I'd like to apologize for any wrongdoing on my part. I don't want to antagonize anyone. I just want to make sure that if we're talking about the faith, we do so with charity and respect for the Church.

«12. . .503504505506507508509»

Advertisement