by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Barbaria RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Duel Monarchy of Highland-Orkney Union (elected )

Founder: The Hyperborean Empire of Vostag

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

World Factbook Entry

EXECUTIVE:
Chief Executive:
Thor Odinson Vostag

REGIONAL DELEGATE:
Chancellor: Ulgrid Marx of Highland-Orkney Union Elect: Dec. 5

BARBARIAN MINISTRIES:
Foreign Affairs Minister: Karkov Mikov of Istnaulia Elect: Jan. 28
Domestic Affairs Minister: Kesha Boogle of Rekua Elect: Jan. 23
Defense Minister: Charles Biscuit of Holy Barbarian Empire Elect: Jan. 12
Communications Minister: Vladmir Astasoky of Inner Vestil Elect: Jan. 17



Embassies: The Illuminati, United Governments of NationStates, Coalition of Sovereign Nations, The Dirt Alliance, REGION OF HONOR, Eladen, Scandinavia, Wyndia, Imperial Russian Empire, The Bar on the corner of every region, Grand Central, Solar Alliance, Yarnia, Avadam Inn, Arconian Empire, Hollow Point, and 146 others.Official European Union, Regionless, The Arab League Congress, United States of America, Sikh Empire, Ozzy, The Republic Nations, International Debating Area, The Great Universe, Gypsy Lands, The Vast, The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples, The Milky Way Galaxy, Trump, East Asian Dominion, Region of Heroes, The Association of The United Continents, Union of Nationalists, Altmora, The Confederacy of Free Lands, Austro Hungarian Empire, Shrayan Bose, The Coalition of Fascist Nations, Novo Brasil, Despotic Europe, The Alliance of Dictators, Imperial Fatherland, The Alterran Republic, The Fallout Wasteland, Coin Collecting Club, Azerupt, United Imperial Union, Free Market Federation, Eastern Roman Empire, The New Mappers Union, Brasil, The Rose Garden, Zentari, The Empire of Friendship, Japan, Conservative League, Kylden, Haiku, Capitalist Libertarian Freedom Region, The Glorious Nations of Iwaku, Groland, Farkasfalka, The Reunited Resistance Against Liberals, Arctic, Golden Dragons, Lardyland, Australia, The Sands, United Fascist Workers Association, Region Name, Fredonia, Imperium of Earth, League Of Allied Powers, The Holy Reich of Greater Germania, Lands End, Corporate Allies United, Turkic Union, Pax Britannia, Emirates of Futurnia, Atonement of Harmony, The Commonwealth of Crowns, nasunia, Sunalaya, The Dank Meme Alliance, Commonwealth States, Prince Edward Island, The Persian Empire, Empire of Andrew, The Savage Garden, The Parliamentary Union of Nations, Sarnor, The Moderate Alliance, Imperial Catholic Alliance, Crystal Empire, Pontbridge Islands, The Sea Of Love, Portugal, Union of Allied States, Die Schwarze Sonne, HoH SiS, Jakarta, J o J, Happy Utopia, The Confederacy Of Kishkhat, International sovereignty pact, Capitalist Paradise, Ozymandium, Monarchist and Democratic Alliance, Northern Africa, ACA, The United Coalition of Nation States, Non Aligned Movement, Australialia, United Christian Empires of the West, ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ, France, Chicken overlords, The Cormorant Pact, fluffy squishfish, The Interdimensional Community, The Flying Fishes Bait Shop, HALO UNIVERSE, The Reich, Glass Gallows, Union of Justice, The Assembly of Sovereign Nations, Steam Islands, Mad Land of the Mad Madmen, Slavers Bay, Oneid, Commonwealth of Mankind, Krasnaya, Albosiac, The Seventh Reich, The Imperial Union, Sivella, Jeffreys Pocket Multiverse, Deeds of Men, Click Here, National Socialist Ministries, New Reich of Bunicken, The great german lands, Organization of United Sovereign States, International Society of Julius Evola, Reddit, Dispatchia, Traveling Wilburys, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, South Dakota, Nebraska, Pecan Sandies, 1st Epitome United, Genua, Lusosphera, No OoOOos Region, Yet Another Region, The Cult of PCHS, and BCHS.

Tags: Anarchist, Anti-Communist, Anti-General Assembly, Anti-Security Council, Anti-World Assembly, Capitalist, Casual, Communist, Conservative, Democratic, Enormous, Fascist, and 25 others.Featured, Free Trade, Imperialist, Independent, Industrial, Isolationist, Liberal, Libertarian, Map, Modern Tech, Monarchist, National Sovereigntist, Neutral, Pacifist, Password, Past Tech, Post-Modern Tech, Regional Government, Role Player, Serious, Social, Socialist, Surreal, Theocratic, and Totalitarian.

Regional Power: Moderate

Barbaria contains 121 nations, the 163rd most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Highest Workforce Participation Rate in Barbaria

World Census experts studied the ratings of daytime television chat shows to estimate the percentage of citizens who are employed.

As a region, Barbaria is ranked 16,019th in the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Armed Republic of InnaveDemocratic Socialists“El conocimiento es poder”
2.The Kingdom of Greater HussariaIron Fist Consumerists“Soar on your steeds into battle!”
3.The Queen's State of RekuaInoffensive Centrist Democracy“An Oasis hidden in the Infernal.”
4.The Peoples' Communes of HushmeraFather Knows Best State“We adopted communism because he can't count money.”
5.The Kingdom of EdliborDemocratic Socialists“Order must be kept at the expense of the weak.”
6.The Dictatorship of Burgundische OrdensstaatIron Fist Consumerists“Meine Ehre heit Treue.”
7.The People's Republic of Socialist BelvindereAuthoritarian Democracy“All united for the collective effort.”
8.The Constitutional Monarchy of Egyptian PharocracyInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Audere est Facere”
9.The Republic of South CarambeCorporate Bordello“Al'Rise Under Warring State!”
10.The Borderlands of BortaviaLiberal Democratic Socialists“One for all. All for one.”
1234. . .1213»

Last poll: “Foreign Affairs Minister Election”

Regional Happenings

More...

Barbaria Regional Message Board

IC: A Grand Speech

President Alduin makes a speech to the whole world, broadcasted from his personal residence, somewhere in the Sovern wilderness.

"Good evening, my fellow Soverns. I ask for you to lend me your ear for this dire subject. The importance of this message is untouchable - urgent enough to buy a minute of your time. Thank you.

As you may know, we are at war. In these uncertain times, we can not be comforted with peace. Instead, we are facing a threat of unimaginable strength. With one enemy falling after the other, we are getting that much closer to claiming victory, and asserting our place in the world. However, with every battle comes the death of thousands of Soverns who have sacrificed themselves for the preservation of our Federation, and the outcome of the future. No Sovern life should be lost, but we are faced with what is now, and all we can do is accept what will happen. So, I thank you for your sacrifice. I've experienced the horrors of war, and by the end of it all, the only think I can taste is blood, the only thing I can hear are the endless screams, all I can feel is the shaking of the Earth, all I can smell is the gunpowder, and all I can see are the eyes of my comrades who have fallen.

Thank you." President Alduin pauses for a moment, and takes in a shaky inhale.

"Although, we can't show weakness. Soverns were molded in this world by war, and nations around the world forget that Soverns are deeply centered around our warrior culture. A Sovern soldier knows the truth that they will most likely die, but they will die for a cause and a nation they are proud to call their own. We are preparing for what can't be held back, the untouchable wrath of the Sovern people. Our weapons are powerful, our soldiers are fierce, and our cause is even grander. We will liberate the world from these imposters of gratitude, and unleash Hell on Earth. If I had to say something to the Lemurians, is that I'd bless them with luck, because a Sovern soldier doesn't show mercy!"

"Get mad my fellow Soverns, and use that rage against the enemy and hit them hard enough so they can't get back up!"

OOC: I've been thinking for some time about all these bits of lore I've gathered over the years and a lot of them are things that probably wont ever really be fully told and maybe only be referenced once in passing. So with that in mind and the occaisional episode of boredom I've come up with my Tales from the Archives posts which I will use to tell stories and bits of lore and whatnot from Hyperborea's past. Most will probably single episodes that don't really connect to anything IC that is ongoing but there may be some multi-part episodes once in a while. So enough of me yammering on. Enjoy.

Tales from the Archives, TM.

IC: Tales from the Archives: How Uthgardt got its name
"In around 95 HE a Ruathym thane by the name of Uthgar Gardolfsson sacked the coastal city-state of Illusk, now the site of the city of Luskan. Despite the raiders' success in plundering the city and overthrowing the ruling magocracy, the inhabitants of Illusk managed to destroy Uthgar's fleet of longships and drive the Northmen into the interior, it was not really by choice that Uthgar became so land locked as it were, despite what some sages now attest. You see the city dwellers hoped savage beasts would finish Uthgar and his island raiders off. Instead, Uthgar and his men survived, raiding towns across the North for years thereafter, it may be that Uthgar became something of a master of beasts, surely given the barbarian tribes reverence for certain totemic beast spirits in Uthgars name, it is logical yes? By the time of Uthgar's death in the Year of the Icy Axe 123 HE, the ranks of his followers had grown to include most of barbarian tribesmen descended from the Runlathan refugees, they have that name thanks to them being the people of the Bey of Runlatha, a powerful Netherese warrior who led his fellow Runlathans west to the dwarven port of Ascore and across the surface lands of Delzoun, after Netheril fell due to Karsus's folly. Uthgar's death was due to a heroic battle with Gurt, Lord of the Pale Giants, on the site now known as Morgur's Mound. By defeating the great giant king, Uthgar broke the power of the frost giants and claimed the lands between the Spine of the World and the Evermoors for his people, who began to call themselves the Uthgardt in his honor. In the centuries that followed, a tradition of ancestor worship among the Uthgardt led to Uthgar beginning to be revered as a god who had tamed a dozen beast spirits. As Uthgar's father was named Gardolf Beorunna and as Bey of Runlatha was known as "Berun" in the tongue of the Northmen, it was only a matter of time before legends of the two men were mingled into a single figure named Beorunna. Uthgar's brother, Morgred Gardolfsson, became a legendary figure as well, and Morgur's Mound, based on a common variant of his name, contains the remains of both Gardolfsson brothers. Berun's hill has no relation to that mythic figure though, rather it is named after a dwarven hero, and later, a famed ranger who all bear that same name."

Vostag wrote:OOC: I've been thinking for some time about all these bits of lore I've gathered over the years and a lot of them are things that probably wont ever really be fully told and maybe only be referenced once in passing. So with that in mind and the occaisional episode of boredom I've come up with my Tales from the Archives posts which I will use to tell stories and bits of lore and whatnot from Hyperborea's past. Most will probably single episodes that don't really connect to anything IC that is ongoing but there may be some multi-part episodes once in a while. So enough of me yammering on. Enjoy.

Tales from the Archives, TM.

IC: Tales from the Archives: How Uthgardt got its name
"In around 95 HE a Ruathym thane by the name of Uthgar Gardolfsson sacked the coastal city-state of Illusk, now the site of the city of Luskan. Despite the raiders' success in plundering the city and overthrowing the ruling magocracy, the inhabitants of Illusk managed to destroy Uthgar's fleet of longships and drive the Northmen into the interior, it was not really by choice that Uthgar became so land locked as it were, despite what some sages now attest. You see the city dwellers hoped savage beasts would finish Uthgar and his island raiders off. Instead, Uthgar and his men survived, raiding towns across the North for years thereafter, it may be that Uthgar became something of a master of beasts, surely given the barbarian tribes reverence for certain totemic beast spirits in Uthgars name, it is logical yes? By the time of Uthgar's death in the Year of the Icy Axe 123 HE, the ranks of his followers had grown to include most of barbarian tribesmen descended from the Runlathan refugees, they have that name thanks to them being the people of the Bey of Runlatha, a powerful Netherese warrior who led his fellow Runlathans west to the dwarven port of Ascore and across the surface lands of Delzoun, after Netheril fell due to Karsus's folly. Uthgar's death was due to a heroic battle with Gurt, Lord of the Pale Giants, on the site now known as Morgur's Mound. By defeating the great giant king, Uthgar broke the power of the frost giants and claimed the lands between the Spine of the World and the Evermoors for his people, who began to call themselves the Uthgardt in his honor. In the centuries that followed, a tradition of ancestor worship among the Uthgardt led to Uthgar beginning to be revered as a god who had tamed a dozen beast spirits. As Uthgar's father was named Gardolf Beorunna and as Bey of Runlatha was known as "Berun" in the tongue of the Northmen, it was only a matter of time before legends of the two men were mingled into a single figure named Beorunna. Uthgar's brother, Morgred Gardolfsson, became a legendary figure as well, and Morgur's Mound, based on a common variant of his name, contains the remains of both Gardolfsson brothers. Berun's hill has no relation to that mythic figure though, rather it is named after a dwarven hero, and later, a famed ranger who all bear that same name."

OCC: Yes! Bring forth more so I may enjoy more Hyperborean lore please!!!!

IC: Breaking news!

Polygamy is now illegal in Tritra. Neither was it legal in the first place, however that didn't deter reactionaries in Parliament from banning the practice for the sake of morality. Critics claim that this is an example of Church and State co-existing. The more liberal members of Parliament have been overwhelmed by the more right-leaning and reactionary political parties, giving way for a more conservative Tritra. Recent liberal growth has been haulted thanks to the Presidents recent policy changes. It is well known that President Ion is a die-hard reactionary and part of the Alternative Tritran Party - a notorious reactionary political party that has been grabbing seats in power very quickly since last election season.

Out of the 335 seats, the "Alt Party" possesses 198 seats. While the "Free Tritran Party" the liberal bloc of Parliament, only has 30 seats, and is gradually losing seats every election season.

And the votes are in. After one of the tightest elections for Foreign Affairs Minister in the history of Barbaria the candidate from Istnaulia wins it by ONE. SINGLE. VOTE. Winning by not even a nose but by a hair. If only all the elections were this riveting. Congrats to our new Foreign Affairs Minister!

Next up is the election for Chancellor (regional delegate). You must be a member of the WA in order to run. If you are interested in running for this position then let me know ASAP. Election is Dec. 5th.

Hi All! I meant to reach out to the OEUs partner regions earlier and wish any American players a Happy Thanksgiving, so my apologies for missing that!

If we dont speak sooner, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, a happy New Year, and a safe holiday season! 😊🙌🏼🎄☃️🎅

Dorianopolis wrote:Hi All! I meant to reach out to the OEUs partner regions earlier and wish any American players a Happy Thanksgiving, so my apologies for missing that!

If we dont speak sooner, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, a happy New Year, and a safe holiday season! 😊🙌🏼🎄☃️🎅

We reach out to you in good hopes for your future, happy holidays and stay safe!

Vostag wrote:OOC: I've been thinking for some time about all these bits of lore I've gathered over the years and a lot of them are things that probably wont ever really be fully told and maybe only be referenced once in passing. So with that in mind and the occaisional episode of boredom I've come up with my Tales from the Archives posts which I will use to tell stories and bits of lore and whatnot from Hyperborea's past. Most will probably single episodes that don't really connect to anything IC that is ongoing but there may be some multi-part episodes once in a while. So enough of me yammering on. Enjoy.

Tales from the Archives, TM.

IC: Tales from the Archives: How Uthgardt got its name
"In around 95 HE a Ruathym thane by the name of Uthgar Gardolfsson sacked the coastal city-state of Illusk, now the site of the city of Luskan. Despite the raiders' success in plundering the city and overthrowing the ruling magocracy, the inhabitants of Illusk managed to destroy Uthgar's fleet of longships and drive the Northmen into the interior, it was not really by choice that Uthgar became so land locked as it were, despite what some sages now attest. You see the city dwellers hoped savage beasts would finish Uthgar and his island raiders off. Instead, Uthgar and his men survived, raiding towns across the North for years thereafter, it may be that Uthgar became something of a master of beasts, surely given the barbarian tribes reverence for certain totemic beast spirits in Uthgars name, it is logical yes? By the time of Uthgar's death in the Year of the Icy Axe 123 HE, the ranks of his followers had grown to include most of barbarian tribesmen descended from the Runlathan refugees, they have that name thanks to them being the people of the Bey of Runlatha, a powerful Netherese warrior who led his fellow Runlathans west to the dwarven port of Ascore and across the surface lands of Delzoun, after Netheril fell due to Karsus's folly. Uthgar's death was due to a heroic battle with Gurt, Lord of the Pale Giants, on the site now known as Morgur's Mound. By defeating the great giant king, Uthgar broke the power of the frost giants and claimed the lands between the Spine of the World and the Evermoors for his people, who began to call themselves the Uthgardt in his honor. In the centuries that followed, a tradition of ancestor worship among the Uthgardt led to Uthgar beginning to be revered as a god who had tamed a dozen beast spirits. As Uthgar's father was named Gardolf Beorunna and as Bey of Runlatha was known as "Berun" in the tongue of the Northmen, it was only a matter of time before legends of the two men were mingled into a single figure named Beorunna. Uthgar's brother, Morgred Gardolfsson, became a legendary figure as well, and Morgur's Mound, based on a common variant of his name, contains the remains of both Gardolfsson brothers. Berun's hill has no relation to that mythic figure though, rather it is named after a dwarven hero, and later, a famed ranger who all bear that same name."

Ooc: Hey can I do something like this too? Id love to explore a few ideas I had

Union Day

Today marks the 40th anniversary of the foundation and creation of the Highland-Orkney Union. On this day, the Jarl of the Highlands and the King of Orkney sit together and enjoy a feast with their peers and guests, and watch the Union Festival commence. 40 years ago, the Crimson War ceased with the Treaty of Two Realms.

Garnel wrote:Ooc: Hey can I do something like this too? Id love to explore a few ideas I had

Should I take the likes as a yes? :V

Forum View

Advertisement