by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

1234»

Oumuamua accelerated out of the Solar System, confident that the primitive civilization on the third planet had been unable to detect the passage around the system's star.

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Greetings, I am The Controller of Planet X. On behalf of The Planet X, we are pleased to have established diplomatic relations.

We hope for fruitful diplomatic relations moving forward.

END TRANSMISSION

The Controller of Planet X wrote:INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Greetings, I am The Controller of Planet X. On behalf of The Planet X, we are pleased to have established diplomatic relations.

We hope for fruitful diplomatic relations moving forward.

END TRANSMISSION

*The ancient artificial intelligence slowly awakens from its shutdown state*
Sending: Message received and acknowledged. Your friendship is welcomed.
*Transmission ends and shutdown resumes*

In appreciation for opening our embassy, breakfast is on us:

**Sets up a table of muffins, butter, jam, pancakes, bacon, ham, scrambled eggs, strawberries, Hershey's kisses,coffee, tea, and hot chocolate**

A rather sizeable (and more warlike) fleet appears by the island

the ships then communicate an open message to all channels

Greetings!

I am Prime Minister Radd of The Planet X and I have arrived to inspect this island for Nullonium,

Please do not be afraid of my fleets, they are merely a precaution in the chance someone attempts to steal our Nullonium.

To be considerate of your planet we will not begin our survey until given a response, thank you for your time.

Signed

Prime Minister Radd

The message then abruptly closes

The United Radds wrote:A rather sizeable (and more warlike) fleet appears by the island

the ships then communicate an open message to all channels

Greetings!

I am Prime Minister Radd of The Planet X and I have arrived to inspect this island for Nullonium,

Please do not be afraid of my fleets, they are merely a precaution in the chance someone attempts to steal our Nullonium.

To be considerate of your planet we will not begin our survey until given a response, thank you for your time.

Signed

Prime Minister Radd

The message then abruptly closes

*The ancient artificial intelligence slowly awakens from its shutdown state*
Sending:

  • Message received and acknowledged.

  • Your sensors may search for Nullonium.

  • Although the Island is of artificial construction, many things have accumulated upon the surface in the eons since our voyage began.

  • You may remove any debris that you find there.

  • Make no attempt to breach the exterior or you will encounter hostility from our automatic defenses.

  • Over.

*Transmission ends and shutdown resumes*

Interstellar Generational Starship wrote:*The ancient artificial intelligence slowly awakens from its shutdown state*
Sending:
  • Message received and acknowledged.

  • Your sensors may search for Nullonium.

  • Although the Island is of artificial construction, many things have accumulated upon the surface in the eons since our voyage began.

  • You may remove any debris that you find there.

  • Make no attempt to breach the exterior or you will encounter hostility from our automatic defenses.

  • Over.

*Transmission ends and shutdown resumes*

The ships begin their survey, after a while they begin to land ground teams and search across the island for Nullonium

Their search bears fruit as they begin to takeoff, all but one ship depart.

This ship redeploys a team that seems its searching for something else, perhaps the islands center?

The United Radds wrote:The ships begin their survey, after a while they begin to land ground teams and search across the island for Nullonium

Their search bears fruit as they begin to takeoff, all but one ship depart.

This ship redeploys a team that seems its searching for something else, perhaps the islands center?

*Automatic systems spring to life*
There is a slight tremble in the surface as Titanium Punji spikes and fall-traps are armed. Concealed Claymore mines are targeted on the search team.
*The auto-defense systems observe the strangers as the other battle configurations are activated*

*A ship drops out of warp with all weapons charged and at full battle stations*
Begin Subspace Communication:
Attention: The United Radds fleet and The Planet X Landing Party. Make no attempt to breach the surface of The Island or we will engage. Be assured that The Island’s defenses are adequate to repel a fleet three times the size of yours, and you will find our own weapons to be quite formidable.
Subspace communication ends.
*The Zeta Ship Cloaks and goes into Stealth Attack Mode*

Begin Subspace Comms
Hello? Mike on? ok We are from planet Lyrali, its the year of 2113 here, we are one of 3 remnants of the human civilization. Please if anyone hears this, our galactic coordinates are, Outer Orion spur 2503 Light years from Kepler-168, well what we call it, we are the 4th rock from the jewel system... you may need to pass though a wormhole though, and beware of the Empire they are on the hunt for human's and others like us...
Ends subspace comms

The United Oceanian Isles wrote:Begin Subspace Comms
Hello? Mike on? ok We are from planet Lyrali, its the year of 2113 here, we are one of 3 remnants of the human civilization. Please if anyone hears this, our galactic coordinates are, Outer Orion spur 2503 Light years from Kepler-168, well what we call it, we are the 4th rock from the jewel system... you may need to pass though a wormhole though, and beware of the Empire they are on the hunt for human's and others like us...
Ends subspace comms

*Subspace Communication Channel Opens*

  • This is Zeta Reticuli Alpha battleship 12

  • Your signal is very faint

  • We are at battle stations at stand-off from The United Radds fleet and cannot currently assist

  • Please boost your signal and transmit your message again

  • Assistance may be possible when our current situation is resolved

  • Over and out

*The Subspace Channel Closes*

The United Oceanian Isles wrote:Begin Subspace Comms
Hello? Mike on? ok We are from planet Lyrali, its the year of 2113 here, we are one of 3 remnants of the human civilization. Please if anyone hears this, our galactic coordinates are, Outer Orion spur 2503 Light years from Kepler-168, well what we call it, we are the 4th rock from the jewel system... you may need to pass though a wormhole though, and beware of the Empire they are on the hunt for human's and others like us...
Ends subspace comms

This is the Control Center responding to your message. Sadly, our drive is not designed for wormhole navigation. Also, our database contains little information concerning the Empire. Please provide more data. Control Center out.

Interstellar Generational Starship wrote:This is the Control Center responding to your message. Sadly, our drive is not designed for wormhole navigation. Also, our database contains little information concerning the Empire. Please provide more data. Control Center out.

The empire, well known to us as Axiom-Dagrel (Derived from AXISMA-MARGEA) are a new empire (100-200 years old) that derive from a triple star system know to us as Alpane Centauri (NOT alpha Centauri), they have taken over what seems like 10 galactic nations, they are this powerful due to some ancient empires tech being on their planet, maybe the elusive First race tech that we found on our trip to Barnards star, thats all we know about them, we live on borrowed time as political instability plagues the new home world (1 of 3). please send more info on the other 2 settlements (If you encounter them), and if you ever encounter the empire, RUN.
*Closes transmission*

Interstellar Generational Starship wrote:*Automatic systems spring to life*
There is a slight tremble in the surface as Titanium Punji spikes and fall-traps are armed. Concealed Claymore mines are targeted on the search team.
*The auto-defense systems observe the strangers as the other battle configurations are activated*

The soldiers left on the surface seem almost entirely unfazed by the activation of traps as they continue their trek. Its almost miraculous how they dodge the fall traps and different detection systems as if they are almost fake.

Zeta Reticuli Alpha wrote:*A ship drops out of warp with all weapons charged and at full battle stations*
Begin Subspace Communication:
Attention: The United Radds fleet and The Planet X Landing Party. Make no attempt to breach the surface of The Island or we will engage. Be assured that The Island’s defenses are adequate to repel a fleet three times the size of yours, and you will find our own weapons to be quite formidable.
Subspace communication ends.
*The Zeta Ship Cloaks and goes into Stealth Attack Mode*

Begin live transmission

I do not know why you have engaged your weapons at us, I had previously mentioned my intention to search for Nullonium but if you pirates' wish to rob our supply and jeopardize the safety of our planet then I suppose you will get your fight.

And dont worry, a merchant always hides his cards up his sleeve instead of barring his fangs. You thought all I had were a few base destroyers and mining vessels with only light speed and live and junky ammunition? You'll be surprised to find that is not the case,

The man turns to the nearest officer

Engage weapons captain but do not fire just yet.

Also, if you think you've bested us with your cloaking tech I would like you to know there are many ways to track an invisible piece of metal, moving heat and energy signatures.

The man moves to sit in what appears to be the captains chair

We may discuss your surrender now.

Transmission ends

The United Radds wrote:The soldiers left on the surface seem almost entirely unfazed by the activation of traps as they continue their trek. Its almost miraculous how they dodge the fall traps and different detection systems as if they are almost fake.

Begin live transmission

I do not know why you have engaged your weapons at us, I had previously mentioned my intention to search for Nullonium but if you pirates' wish to rob our supply and jeopardize the safety of our planet then I suppose you will get your fight.

And dont worry, a merchant always hides his cards up his sleeve instead of barring his fangs. You thought all I had were a few base destroyers and mining vessels with only light speed and live and junky ammunition? You'll be surprised to find that is not the case,

The man turns to the nearest officer

Engage weapons captain but do not fire just yet.

Also, if you think you've bested us with your cloaking tech I would like you to know there are many ways to track an invisible piece of metal, moving heat and energy signatures.

The man moves to sit in what appears to be the captains chair

We may discuss your surrender now.

Transmission ends

*The Zeta ship continues in stealth mode while observing the landing party’s actions to insure no harm is done to the internal structure of An Island in Space*

Zeta Reticuli Alpha wrote:
*The Zeta ship continues in stealth mode while observing the landing party’s actions to insure no harm is done to the internal structure of An Island in Space*

The fleet doesn't engage on their own but a message is sent out from the fleet, its contents and destination are a mystery but at the moment the fleet seems to be waiting until an attack comes from their opponent.

The ground forces slowly move toward the center of the island and begin setting up what appears to be a strange drill, while they do this they seem to glitch around and dont stay in one place. Almost as if they are tampering the footage.

The United Radds wrote:The fleet doesn't engage on their own but a message is sent out from the fleet, its contents and destination are a mystery but at the moment the fleet seems to be waiting until an attack comes from their opponent.

The ground forces slowly move toward the center of the island and begin setting up what appears to be a strange drill, while they do this they seem to glitch around and dont stay in one place. Almost as if they are tampering the footage.

*The Island’s automatic defense systems continue to activate. The Internal Neutron Penetrating Beam Projectors, which destroy all living tissue while leaving the Island’s structure unharmed, lock onto the targets but hold their fire*

Interstellar Generational Starship wrote:*The Island’s automatic defense systems continue to activate. The Internal Neutron Penetrating Beam Projectors, which destroy all living tissue while leaving the Island’s structure unharmed, lock onto the targets but hold their fire*

The ground forces begin setting up the drill and as they do so the strange glitching only grows worse and worse, soon it becomes hard to tell where they are as their suits emit some strange substance causing electronics to falter around them. The last thing shown is the drill beginning to dig into the island.

The United Radds wrote:The ground forces begin setting up the drill and as they do so the strange glitching only grows worse and worse, soon it becomes hard to tell where they are as their suits emit some strange substance causing electronics to falter around them. The last thing shown is the drill beginning to dig into the island.

Alarms sound and there is a sudden detonation as the drill bit penetrates the Island”s hull. There is a blast of atmosphere into space, throwing the landing party away from the breach, as emergency bulkheads slam shut inside the Island to prevent total loss of internal pressure. The Artificial Intelligence speaks, “Hull breach!”

Interstellar Generational Starship wrote:Alarms sound and there is a sudden detonation as the drill bit penetrates the Island”s hull. There is a blast of atmosphere into space, throwing the landing party away from the breach, as emergency bulkheads slam shut inside the Island to prevent total loss of internal pressure. The Artificial Intelligence speaks, “Hull breach!”

Crr crr you there, NVM must of been a rouge signal.

The United Oceanian Isles wrote:Crr crr you there, NVM must of been a rouge signal.

*Subspace Communication Channel Opens*

  • This is Zeta Reticuli Alpha battleship 12

  • Your signal was received

  • We have witnessed an unwarranted attack by The United Radds fleet and cannot currently communicate any further

  • This may be the last communication you receive from us

  • Over and out

*The Subspace Channel Closes*
*The order is given to load all information recorded since the ship dropped out of warp into a courier pod and launch it at emergency warp back to the Home World*
*The Captain speaks:”A record of this attack on the Island must be preserved should our ship not survive. These barbaric vandals were asked not to harm the internal workings of the ancient AI, and deliberately ignored the requests. This probably will mean quarantine of The Planet X with a universal embargo by the civilized planets on all Nullonium shipments. We may lose this battle, but they will not survive without any Nullonium supplies. Prepare to engage our weapons systems*
*The officers monitor the Island in tears and sadness as its internal systems slowly fail and go offline*

*The ancient Artificial Intelligence goes silent, bulkheads constantly fail as pressure continues to escape through the ruptured hull, and the Island begins to tumble wildly through space as the navigation system fails*

Interstellar Generational Starship wrote:*The ancient Artificial Intelligence goes silent, bulkheads constantly fail as pressure continues to escape through the ruptured hull, and the Island begins to tumble wildly through space as the navigation system fails*

BEEP A reboot code is sent from jewels location, for a second the team thought that the island was hurdling back on track but no...

The United Oceanian Isles wrote:BEEP A reboot code is sent from jewels location, for a second the team thought that the island was hurdling back on track but no...

The reboot signal reaches a portion of the Island’s automatic defense systems. The Titanium Punji spikes are launched toward the surface area around the breach in an attempt to impale the attackers, the Claymore mines fire at the last recorded position of the drill crew, but the portion of the system controlling the Neutron flesh destroying projectors does not activate. The hull breach grows larger as internal components rip through the opening with the venting atmosphere. The ancient AI speaks slowly with fading reserve power, “Self destruct sequence activated.”

Interstellar Generational Starship wrote:The reboot signal reaches a portion of the Island’s automatic defense systems. The Titanium Punji spikes are launched toward the surface area around the breach in an attempt to impale the attackers, the Claymore mines fire at the last recorded position of the drill crew, but the portion of the system controlling the Neutron flesh destroying projectors does not activate. The hull breach grows larger as internal components rip through the opening with the venting atmosphere. The ancient AI speaks slowly with fading reserve power, “Self destruct sequence activated.”

Aboard the Zeta Ship, the Captain is subjected to shouted requests from several officers:

  • Tactical Officer: “Captain their fleet is still in formation! Fire the Plasma Beam weapon now and all of their ships will be vaporized and destroyed by an expanding cloud of superheated plasma.”

  • The Chief Engineer: Shouts, “Captain! When the Island self-destructs everything within two parsecs will be destroyed. You must jump to warp now!”

  • The Science Officer: “Captain, there is a chance that we can seal the breach of the Island’s hull by wedging our vessel into the opening and then polarizing our hull plating. Once the leak is stopped the AI may cancel the self-destruct, but we must act now!”

The Captain gives his orders: Tactical, observe The United Radds enemy fleet. Any attempt to flee, fire the plasma weapon. Navigation, wedge us into that hole and prepare to polarize the hull plating. Science Officer, deal with the AI. Engineering, lead a medical rescue squad out to that drill crew. They may have sustained casualties. Do it now!

1234»

Advertisement