by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Alternate New World Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

12»

Post by Kinsanawa suppressed by Oceania1.

Alternate History Scenarios will be periodically discussed on the board! Tune in to weigh in, because unless you live in Viinland, you have a voice! 😅

Viinland

Post by Kinsanawa suppressed by Oceania1.

First alternate history scenario.

The Malian government of northwestern Africa has a navy the strength of Spanish in the last 15th century and fund voyages to the new world that land in Brazil. Does the Malian government, or any following kingdom in Africa keep their new Colonialife holdings? The Malian''s lack of muskets in their military will make the pacification of native tribes harder but the tribes of Brazil are far less organized than their kin on the other side of South America.

Do the Europeans cut off Africa from Malian Brazil until it withers and suffocates?
Or does this new African Islamic Brazil become an economic powerhouse like in our timeline?

Post by Viinland suppressed by Oceania1.

Kinsanawa wrote:Alternate History Scenarios will be periodically discussed on the board! Tune in to weigh in, because unless you live in Viinland, you have a voice! 😅

I resent that.

Post by Viinland suppressed by Oceania1.

Kinsanawa wrote:First alternate history scenario.
The Malian government of northwestern Africa has a navy the strength of Spanish in the last 15th century and fund voyages to the new world that land in Brazil. Does the Malian government, or any following kingdom in Africa keep their new Colonialife holdings? The Malian''s lack of muskets in their military will make the pacification of native tribes harder but the tribes of Brazil are far less organized than their kin on the other side of South America.
Do the Europeans cut off Africa from Malian Brazil until it withers and suffocates?
Or does this new African Islamic Brazil become an economic powerhouse like in our timeline?

If us Vikings are having a hard time with Skælings then the west Africa's wouldn't have a chance. Without a new type of projectile weaponry conquering warlike tribes in northern Brazil like the Tupí would be extremely difficult, not to mention that many Malian are used to arid climates, and would have to overcome malaria and the Brazilian tropical environment.

They could have a colony that survives in Barbados or the lower carribean islands, but ultimately I feel that tropical disease, hostile tribes, and lack of infrastructure would eventually lead to a collapse of they colony. They didn't need any gold or slaves in contrast with europe. They really had no need to even be in Brazil other than straight out imperialism. And let's face it- Sufistic Islam wouldn't work on the natives unless they made it extremely syncretic.

Kinsanawa

Post by Kinsanawa suppressed by Oceania1.

Viinland wrote:If us Vikings are having a hard time with Skælings then the west Africa's wouldn't have a chance. Without a new type of projectile weaponry conquering warlike tribes in northern Brazil like the Tupí would be extremely difficult, not to mention that many Malian are used to arid climates, and would have to overcome malaria and the Brazilian tropical environment.
They could have a colony that survives in Barbados or the lower carribean islands, but ultimately I feel that tropical disease, hostile tribes, and lack of infrastructure would eventually lead to a collapse of they colony. They didn't need any gold or slaves in contrast with europe. They really had no need to even be in Brazil other than straight out imperialism. And let's face it- Sufistic Islam wouldn't work on the natives unless they made it extremely syncretic.

I guess, but African disease would wreak havoc across S.A. Don't you think that the short distance from Western Africa to Brazil would make it easier to control?

Post by Viinland suppressed by Oceania1.

Kinsanawa wrote:I guess, but African disease would wreak havoc across S.A. Don't you think that the short distance from Western Africa to Brazil would make it easier to control?

In short no because of simple factor- Mali doesn't have a sign gigantic enough technology gap to actually pacify all the native people on Brazil and surrounding regions. The only way they could maintain control is to be extremely peaceful to all natives as possible until their colony''s population is large enough to start thinking about military action. The only thing that could save them is that unlike mesoamericans, most Brazilian tribes had a lack of large political unity and so organized large scale warfare by them would be rare. But Mali''s calvary would be absolutely unable to traverse Brazil''s rainforest, and would be attacked by indigenous parasites and pest from the new world, making fast land travel even harder.

In short I think their lack of many rifles and their reluctance to use some of the heavier armor that the Portuguese used in our real time line would make colonizing a very hard effort. Not to mention as I said before, Mali literally was one of the most self sufficient empires anywhere in the entire world. They didn't need new world gold, rubber, or other valuable commodities.

Kinsanawa

Post by Tacony suppressed by Oceania1.

Hi, everyone! I'm just stopping in as I make my way through the regions of the world!

Kinsanawa

Post by Eckero suppressed by Kinsanawa.

NOBODY CARES

Post by Eckero suppressed by Kinsanawa.

HAHAHAHAHA

Post by Lou monte suppressed by Kinsanawa.

Eckero, ytho

Post by Eckero suppressed by Kinsanawa.

To clear everything up you have been taking over by Aland!

I have been absent for some time but couldn't help but notice that some people had severely over steeped their bounds here. We promote an interactive and intellectual conversation base for our board. We expect cordial, respectful, and insightful discussion, not childish banter.

Viinland

U SUX BRUH I HAVE AN ARMY YOU WILL FEAR ME

BAHAHAHAHA

Kinsanawa wrote:I have been absent for some time but couldn't help but notice that some people had severely over steeped their bounds here. We promote an interactive and intellectual conversation base for our board. We expect cordial, respectful, and insightful discussion, not childish banter.

I don't know who these people are, but they're extremely annoying. I'm glad you have more control now. Otherwise It would have been the end of both our great nations.

Let us come together a cease our rivalry and supply a generous fried ship in its place neh?

Viinland wrote:I don't know who these people are, but they're extremely annoying. I'm glad you have more control now. Otherwise It would have been the end of both our great nations.
Let us come together a cease our rivalry and supply a generous fried ship in its place neh?

You offer an interesting gambit.. We'll take you on as allies, but only if you reach a peace agreement with the Iroquoi Confederacy first. We are concerned for the well being of all Redman before Europeans and will not forsake our brothers of the north for you're alliance, howe've profitable it may be.

Viinland

We have brokered an uneasy truce with the Iroquois. Hover this "peace" will not last long. These savages are cunning and decieving, unlike you red men to the south. They have Learned some of our smelting techniques by kidnapping blacksmiths and stealing weapons.

Soon I fear they will be a technologically equal threat. Make no mistake. Vineland will exterminate these skrælings should their government choose to enact war again!

As for the Algonquin natives of Northland and surrounding areas of Lake Odin, they have refused to broker contact between us, as they believe the white man is a bad omen. Fortunately they have very little besides beaver and fox pelts they can offer us. We will not encroach on their lands.

Furthermore, I do believe it is time you allow the word of Valhalla be spread amongst your people, or at least the warriors. Let us set up Nordic altars for our glorious gods in your capital as a show of true comradeship. We will allow you to set up an equal number Temples in any areas you see fit as well.

Kinsanawa

Viinland wrote:We have brokered an uneasy truce with the Iroquois. Hover this "peace" will not last long. These savages are cunning and decieving, unlike you red men to the south. They have Learned some of our smelting techniques by kidnapping blacksmiths and stealing weapons.
Soon I fear they will be a technologically equal threat. Make no mistake. Vineland will exterminate these skrælings should their government choose to enact war again!
As for the Algonquin natives of Northland and surrounding areas of Lake Odin, they have refused to broker contact between us, as they believe the white man is a bad omen. Fortunately they have very little besides beaver and fox pelts they can offer us. We will not encroach on their lands.
Furthermore, I do believe it is time you allow the word of Valhalla be spread amongst your people, or at least the warriors. Let us set up Nordic altars for our glorious gods in your capital as a show of true comradeship. We will allow you to set up an equal number Temples in any areas you see fit as well.

We will allow these temples to your gods amount our citizens as our religion is nor hostile to the presence of other Pantheons. However, our official religion will remain Enki-Nahua.

Viinland

Post self-deleted by Oceania1.

Beep beep! Congrats on being the featured trophy region of the day! Anyone for some cake?

Happyland featured

You're the featured region! YAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!

Who cares bro 2

Raider scum tried to destroy this region, we say no! If anyone has the old WFE and flag it would be appreciated!

Daxtastic09, Defender On Behalf of Aussandries, and Id 3

A Giant Meteor blazes through the sky overhead; leaving a trail of sparks in the sky above your region; those sparks seem to fall in a particular pattern, spelling out the words:

CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING FEATURED

before the meteor vanishes over the horizon; leaving the sky dark and empty as it passes through.

Congratulations On Being Featured, Happyland featured, and Who cares bro 2

Congratulations on the defend, and the refound.

12»

Advertisement