It's not easy, being well-known for April Fool's Day pranks. In the hours and days beforehand, many players were speculating what we might do. Is it even possible to prank people when they're prepared for a pranking?
Generally yes, I think we found. Although I am sorry to those of you who suffered minor heart attacks during the course of the "haxxing." It sounded funny in theory, but when you saw it on the screen, man, that really was terrifying. I know this because I forgot for a minute and scared myself.
April Fools aside, it's probably a good time to think about the passwords you use in your online life. Because many people do use easy-to-guess passwords, and do lose their accounts. If it's your NationStates nation, that's probably not the end of the world, but you'd hate it to happen to your email or Facebook.
P.S. For the record, this is what happened:
- When you logged on, you were notified of 337 bad login attempts.
- There was also a line saying you'd posted too many times on your Regional Message Board.
- Your nation's motto seemed to have been changed to "HAXX0RED!" (To everyone else, it looked the same as usual.)
- The last post on the RMB seemed to be from you, saying something inane. (No-one else could see this.)
- When you clicked the "Delete" button beside the fake post, it said, "April Fools."