by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Wintreath Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

«12. . .990991992993

Who's willing to do a face reveal? I'll do it if you do it.
Thalasus
Greater Balticia
Cote Azure
Casmaru
French Albania
Symboli
and of course Feminamia can't leave you out.

3rd Regiment IG's theme (with their X-02 suits): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stZco6yI5zo
Cote Azure

I apparently have AI Citizens....huh.

Could someone tell me what's with the numbers alongside dispatches in the Factbook?

Allouxia wrote:Who's willing to do a face reveal? I'll do it if you do it.
Thalasus
Greater Balticia
Cote Azure
Casmaru
French Albania
Symboli
and of course Feminamia can't leave you out.

Why do you want a face reveal bro

Allouxia wrote:Who's willing to do a face reveal? I'll do it if you do it.
Thalasus
Greater Balticia
Cote Azure
Casmaru
French Albania
Symboli
and of course Feminamia can't leave you out.

What made you decide to do that?

I am here to terrorize nations. I will be in the middle East of this world.

My country is planning terrorist attacks on Allouxia and Cote Azure

Wintreath Terroism wrote:I am here to terrorize nations. I will be in the middle East of this world.

My country is planning terrorist attacks on Allouxia and Cote Azure

Can i send you money and weapons in exchange for you not bothering my people or doing any terror acts in my nation

Wintreath Terroism wrote:I am here to terrorize nations. I will be in the middle East of this world.

My country is planning terrorist attacks on Allouxia and Cote Azure

To what end? Just for the craic?

How’s my favorite embassy?

Torranta wrote:How’s my favorite embassy?

In the middle of a rp geopolitical nightmare

Hello, I am new but I am already enjoying my time in Wintreath. It has already been a pleasure to call this place home and sit back and collaborate with others like me who play this game. I thank Wintreath for your time and effort that you put towards your nation.

Thanks,
United Bronx Colonies

Concept: an Africanized/Arabized Roman Empire surviving to the modern day.

When barbarians began to come in from the north and as her borders shrunk during the crises of the third and fourth centuries, the Romans didn't move to secure themselves in the east. Instead, they moved south along the Nile and into Nubia and beyond. The riches from their conquests in the Horn of Africa and later their naval victories in Arabia gave them the wealth needed to fund the armies that would keep their foothold in North Africa and Italy, even as the East fell to the Persians and Iberia, Gaul, and Brittania fell to Celtic and German barbarians. Expanding ever southward, into the jungles, Rome was able to survive under constant military expansion. The people of Africa became known as Romans.

Thalasus wrote:Concept: an Africanized/Arabized Roman Empire surviving to the modern day.

When barbarians began to come in from the north and as her borders shrunk during the crises of the third and fourth centuries, the Romans didn't move to secure themselves in the east. Instead, they moved south along the Nile and into Nubia and beyond. The riches from their conquests in the Horn of Africa and later their naval victories in Arabia gave them the wealth needed to fund the armies that would keep their foothold in North Africa and Italy, even as the East fell to the Persians and Iberia, Gaul, and Brittania fell to Celtic and German barbarians. Expanding ever southward, into the jungles, Rome was able to survive under constant military expansion. The people of Africa became known as Romans.

Unlikely, especially because Egypt was already a crucial province for the Empire - Alexandria was the second most populous city, not to mention Egypt being the 'bread basket' of the Empire. It was precisely in order to protect it that Rome focused as much of its energies as it did on the East.
I could see it if the elites effectively abandoned Rome in favor of a Second Rome centered on Alexandria (instead of Constantinopolis), or perhaps even centered on Palmyra (Zenobia - oh, sorry, Vaballathus, can't officially have a woman in power in the good ol' pagan Roman empire - winning out over Aurelian during the Crisis), and gradually shifted southwards due to barbarian pressure and westwards due to Sassanid/Arab pressure, but I just think it's unlikely that they'd be able to hold Italy in addition to those other holdings.
Wouldn't even be necessary, really, considering the whole 'guys we call Byzantines only really being called that because of the One Steve Limit applying even in history because people are easily confused' thing.

French Albania wrote:Unlikely, especially because Egypt was already a crucial province for the Empire - Alexandria was the second most populous city, not to mention Egypt being the 'bread basket' of the Empire. It was precisely in order to protect it that Rome focused as much of its energies as it did on the East.
I could see it if the elites effectively abandoned Rome in favor of a Second Rome centered on Alexandria (instead of Constantinopolis), or perhaps even centered on Palmyra (Zenobia - oh, sorry, Vaballathus, can't officially have a woman in power in the good ol' pagan Roman empire - winning out over Aurelian during the Crisis), and gradually shifted southwards due to barbarian pressure and westwards due to Sassanid/Arab pressure, but I just think it's unlikely that they'd be able to hold Italy in addition to those other holdings.
Wouldn't even be necessary, really, considering the whole 'guys we call Byzantines only really being called that because of the One Steve Limit applying even in history because people are easily confused' thing.

They re-conquer Italy in the early modern era. And Constantinople only became as big as it did because Constantine put his full force behind it. If Constantine had chosen to secure Alexandria instead, dividing Rome into north/south instead of east/west, the Byzantines never would have been a factor. The POD for this is after the third century crisis.

Thalasus wrote:They re-conquer Italy in the early modern era. And Constantinople only became as big as it did because Constantine put his full force behind it. If Constantine had chosen to secure Alexandria instead, dividing Rome into north/south instead of east/west, the Byzantines never would have been a factor. The POD for this is after the third century crisis.

Oh, I wasn't saying it involved the ERE at all - I was merely using them as an example of how people could very easily consider themselves Roman despite having nothing to do with Rome whatsoever apart from some distant ancestral heritage, if that ('oh, my great-great-great grandfather was of the line of Valens, and his great-grandfather was a consul in Rome itself!' stuff like that).
And I was aware of the POD - hence why I suggested a Zenobia victory rather than a Aurelian victory as a good point to start off from. Alternatively, you could have Galerius simply deciding he could actually take on Constantine upon Constantius' death - which would work out for a pivot east, since he was initially Caesar over Illyria, then Augustus of the Eastern half. Which might well have led to Christianity never achieving state religion status, since that was really Constantine's deal, and Galerius was IIRC quite strongly in favor of continuing with paganism.

Wintreath Terroism wrote:I am here to terrorize nations. I will be in the middle East of this world.

My country is planning terrorist attacks on Allouxia and Cote Azure

heck

N O O N E C A N J U S T D E F L E C T T H E E M E R A L D S P L A S H

Greater Balticia wrote:Why do you want a face reveal bro

why not, that's the real question.

Heirophant Green wrote:N O O N E C A N J U S T D E F L E C T T H E E M E R A L D S P L A S H

ZA.....WARLDO!
SSSSHHHIINNNE KAKYOIN

KONO POWAH

Allouxia wrote:ZA.....WARLDO!
SSSSHHHIINNNE KAKYOIN

KONO POWAH

If you've ever played skyrim, that is what Allouxia's geography is like.

Why is it all the WA does is commend or condemn.

«12. . .990991992993