by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .22,87422,87522,87622,87722,87822,87922,880. . .23,17323,174»

Corindia wrote:uhhhhh are they?

like I don't think it's against the rules it's just no different from any P2TM rp as far as the region is concerned I think

Ioudaia wrote:The NS Olympics are a bit of an exception to that.

No they are not. there's no stopping anyone from participating in that RP, but it's non-canon to TWI

Trigel wrote:Where is like the actual roleplaying like news, government organizations and other events?

You should get your factbooks in order more before you get involved in the threads - right now you’d just be flying in blind

Dormill and Stiura wrote:Do you not read the WFE? There's a big ol link that says NEWS for crying out loud.

GOSH MAN.

Corindia wrote:uhhhhh are they?

Well, this is my second or third NS Olympics while in TWI, I've announced them all, and nobody has complained.

In practical terms, I don't see any harm, and it's a fine opportunity to softly recruit nations to TWI.

Trigel wrote:GOSH MAN.

Yeah what he’s said is pretty rude. Don’t let it get to you too much.

Corindia wrote:added two new glimpos based on Athara Magarat, Khaski and Packhang


What is Glimpusmen:
Glimpusmen is a media franchise created by video game developer LoadLord Interactive that has become the top selling game franchise in Corindia and many other nations in the isles. The games place the player in the world of Glimpusmen, where they can collect, trade, and battle a wide variety of monsters known as "Glimpos". These Glimpos come in many forms, some of which transform into other Glimpos in a process known as "Reglimpifying" after the Glimpo has won enough battles, been traded to a friend, or other conditions that can be met. Both children and adults alike are obsessed with adding every Glimpo to their Glimpfolio, and the capture and reglimpification of many rare Glimpos has become the subject of extreme speculation.

How the game is played:
The core Glimpusmen games revolve around a basic single-player experience where the Glimpos are caught, NPCs are battled, and items are found, as well as a more complex and elaborate multiplayer trading and battling aspect. New Glimpos are regularly added to the game, both in the single-player overworld and as secret reglimpifications. These additions frequently come in the form of seasons of weekly content drops which coincide with the seasons of the multiplayer battle league, or the Glimpusmen Battle League. As well as new Glimpos, new variants of existing Glimpos are added during these releases, usually with far higher rarities, making them very desirable to avid players and collectors. Some players prefer to simply collect Glimpos and fill out their Glimpfolio, while others attempt to climb the ranks of GBL, but both feed into each other and require significant amounts of battling, trading, and exploring to be successful.

Other media and tie-ins:
LoadLord Interactive has carried out a marketing and advertising blitz to catapult Glimpusmen to the forefront of the Corindi gaming scene. A tie-in TV show, merchandise, and even a branded plane are just aspects of the campaign, which has also involved recruiting Corindi game streamers and influencers as cogs in the Glimpusmen marketing machine.


The Glimpusmen branded APEX Longfly NC60 has been rumored by fans to give an increased chance of catching rare Glimpos while on it or even an exclusive variant, and it has become popular for fans to book attempt to book tickets on flights it may operate for a chance at seeing for themselves. Non-fans have simply found it to be garish.

Glimpusmen outside of Corindia:
Glimpusmen made its first major strides outside of the Corindi market in New Jacobland in mid January of 2021.

List of known Glimpo species:



Gailden, the gaidu Glimpo



Khaski, the yak Glimpo



Packhang, the Magarati Glimpo
Reglimpifies from Khaski after losing enough battles



Egglin, the egg Glimpo



Torkey, the screeching bird Glimpo
Reglimpifies from Egglin after winning battles



Sadfish, the sad Glimpo



Madfish, the vengeful Glimpo
Reglimpifies from Sadfish after emotional turmoil



Gladfish, the peaceful Glimpo
Reglimpifies from Madfish after emotional fulfillment



Armee, the weight-lifting Glimpo



Enarmous, the jacked Glimpo
Reglimpifies from Armee after several hours of intense weightlifting



Seeyagator, the alligator Glimpo



Marleen, the slippery Glimpo



Shellaby, the pinchy Glimpo



Molehusk, the digging snail Glimpo



Katnap, the sleepy Glimpo



Jellbone, the bone Glimpo



Anteefa, the riot Glimpo



Antarky, the revolution Glimpo
Reglimpifies from Anteefa after being traded



Bannaleef, the unripe Glimpo



Nanafroot, the delicious Glimpo
Reglimpifies from Bannaleef after three weeks



Overrot, the compost Glimpo
Reglimpifies from Nanafroot after one day



Nosteppy, the snake Glimpo



Magadder, the boot Glimpo
Reglimpifies from Nosteppy after being given a boot



Monarchisst, the royal Glimpo
Reglimpifies from Nosteppy after being given a crown



Basker, the basking Glimpo



Starbird, the Doman Crow Glimpo



Shrump, the shrimp Glimpo



Shrimperor, the fancy shrimp Glimpo
Reglimpifies from Shrump after winning a battle particularly easily



Noctopus, the cryptic Glimpo

Read factbook

Wow, I am really touched.

Do you need more animals or perhaps even dispatches on specific Glimpo?

BTW, Khaski sounds a lot like Kaski; the district that I am living in.

Athara Magarat wrote:Wow, I am really touched.

Do you need more animals or perhaps even dispatches on specific Glimpo?

I've been trawling through your fauna dispatches for animals, already a few more planned. And idk about whole dispatches on individual glimpos, but maybe glimpfolio blurbs like they have in pokedex entries would be a good thing for me to add.

Lower kyrat wrote:How did you hear about The Western Isles?
Telegram

What's some information about yourself (hobbies, interests, country, etc.)?
I like video games and im from the US

What kind of nation are you trying to make?
An oppressive and poor nation

Dang, you already left :(

Remodio and Eurania

Corindia wrote:I've been trawling through your fauna dispatches for animals, already a few more planned. And idk about whole dispatches on individual glimpos, but maybe glimpfolio blurbs like they have in pokedex entries would be a good thing for me to add.

I do hope you’re adding a stylised firewasp then

Shidei wrote:Shidei exports a significant amount of hentai :nod:

Woot

Aizcona wrote:Woot

hmm

Dormill and Stiura wrote:Do you not read the WFE? There's a big ol link that says NEWS for crying out loud.

Papa Dorm tired of the illiterates 🤔😂

Ainslie wrote:You should get your factbooks in order more before you get involved in the threads - right now you’d just be flying in blind

More fodder for my Bofor Lore autocannons.

dagadagadagadagaboomneeeeeoooooooooooowCRASH

If anyone is wondering about the events in Roendavar and the posts on the TWItter and News threads, check out and read the posts in Oh Night Unholy! Links are below and the RP is still open for those interested.

IC: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=495123
OOC: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=495122&sid=127bc0baaceff3d258e7f50445c20c83

Shidei how long before I accidentally name a Glimpo the same thing as a real pokemon do you think?

Corindia wrote:Shidei how long before I accidentally name a Glimpo the same thing as a real pokemon do you think?

Well there's almost 900 of them to worry about, but yours seem more pun based so it's less likely (Anteefa? Really?)

Shidei wrote:Well there's almost 900 of them to worry about, but yours seem more pun based so it's less likely (Anteefa? Really?)

I did almost name one serperior though, that could be the name being subliminally planted in my head

Shidei wrote:(Anteefa? Really?)

also don't act like the anteefa-antarky line isn't better than about 30% of all pokemon

And there goes qualifying for World Cup 87. Two heavy losses and one tie. :(

Corindia wrote:also don't act like the anteefa-antarky line isn't better than about 30% of all pokemon

Making names based on topical events never ages well.

That being said, calling your seahorse pokemon horsea and your seal pokemon seel isn't exactly the highlight of creative names either

My bus was supposed to turn left when entering my street, as per usual, but being on the top of the hill and the road being steep and covered in snow, the bus just slid downhill, past my house (which would have been convenient if the bus had been able to stop) onto the main road. It obviously needs better wanterpneuen. It's a miracle that it managed to avoid parked cars...

Nhoor wrote:My bus was supposed to turn left when entering my street, as per usual, but being on the top of the hill and the road being steep and covered in snow, the bus just slid downhill, past my house (which would have been convenient if the bus had been able to stop) onto the main road. It obviously needs better wanterpneuen. It's a miracle that it managed to avoid parked cars...

Why your roads aren't thoroughly sanded/salted at this point is probably a larger concern as opposed to why your busses need better winter tires.

(then again, between sanding the everliving crap out of your roads would probably be less environmentally conscious than just making sure the tires on your vehicles are sufficiently winterized)

Dormill and Stiura wrote:Why your roads aren't thoroughly sanded/salted at this point is probably a larger concern as opposed to why your busses need better winter tires.

(then again, between sanding the everliving crap out of your roads would probably be less environmentally conscious than just making sure the tires on your vehicles are sufficiently winterized)

I always think that our roads are over-salted all the time but it has been snowing without interruption all day so far, which is sadly increasingly unusual in this part of the world.

C h ina

Yeah, I moved back. Anteria discriminates people who don't have Discord unless they only do RP in the RMB.

«12. . .22,87422,87522,87622,87722,87822,87922,880. . .23,17323,174»

Advertisement