by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Western Isles Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .22,86422,86522,86622,86722,86822,86922,870. . .22,97022,971»

Wellsia wrote:Everyone in town is stocking up on food, water and firewood in preparation for the blizzard tonight. We could get as much as an eighth of an inch (3mm) of snow tonight.

Where is this happening?

Trigel wrote:Where is this happening?

Probably Northern Europe, Canada or Alaska

Hyukai wrote:Probably Northern Europe, Canada or Alaska

Definitely not Northern Europe as inches are used as the main measurement ^^

Trigel wrote:Where is this happening?

IIRC, southern US, where it rarely snows. That's also consistent with the national weather forecast.

There's a band across the US where snow is infrequent but not unknown, where 0.5"/~1cm to 2"/5cm of snow causes complete panic and huge numbers of traffic accidents. I live at the northern edge of that band, so the first snowfall of the year results in lots of people driving/skidding off the road and ending up in a ditch. Usually, it's drivers of SUVs, who believed their vehicles would make them immune to weather.

At the same time, there are places in the US where a 1'/30cm snowfall is a routine winter nuisance, and everybody's used to it. I much prefer that.

Ioudaia wrote:IIRC, southern US, where it rarely snows. That's also consistent with the national weather forecast.

There's a band across the US where snow is infrequent but not unknown, where 0.5"/~1cm to 2"/5cm of snow causes complete panic and huge numbers of traffic accidents. I live at the northern edge of that band, so the first snowfall of the year results in lots of people driving/skidding off the road and ending up in a ditch. Usually, it's drivers of SUVs, who believed their vehicles would make them immune to weather.

At the same time, there are places in the US where a 1'/30cm snowfall is a routine winter nuisance, and everybody's used to it. I much prefer that.

Ah good I thought it was maybe near Edmonton because I live there

Trigel wrote:Where is this happening?

Southwest Louisiana

Hyukai wrote:Ah good I thought it was maybe near Edmonton because I live there

Alberta?

Balnik wrote:Alberta?

Yeah around there

Hyukai wrote:Yeah around there

We live very close to each other.

Ioudaia wrote:IIRC, southern US, where it rarely snows. That's also consistent with the national weather forecast.

There's a band across the US where snow is infrequent but not unknown, where 0.5"/~1cm to 2"/5cm of snow causes complete panic and huge numbers of traffic accidents. I live at the northern edge of that band, so the first snowfall of the year results in lots of people driving/skidding off the road and ending up in a ditch. Usually, it's drivers of SUVs, who believed their vehicles would make them immune to weather.

At the same time, there are places in the US where a 1'/30cm snowfall is a routine winter nuisance, and everybody's used to it. I much prefer that.

Your lucky, in Georgia USA, it's probably not going to snow this year.

Ainslie wrote:on that note - mind if i steal your template with credit?

Yes, of course you may.

Trigel wrote:Your lucky, in Georgia USA, it's probably not going to snow this year.

Yeah I heard. But some people also hate the snow too

Hyukai wrote:Yeah I heard. But some people also hate the snow too

I love it.

2021 Trigel Olympics. Like if you want me to host it.

Trigel wrote:2021 Trigel Olympics. Like if you want me to host it.

Reminds me, Iím pretty sure there is a TWI Olympics or something I saw earlier

Almorea wrote:Yes, of course you may.

Thanks!

Trigel wrote:2021 Trigel Olympics. Like if you want me to host it.

Thereís a lot that needs working out if you are to do that.

Ainslie wrote:Thanks! Thereís a lot that needs working out if you are to do that.

Yeah I tried to host one in another region the last time. Itís absolutely hard

I think I can do it

Trigel wrote:I think I can do it

Alright then wish you luck

Hyukai wrote:Alright then which you luck

If you want it to happen then like, because I'm confident I can do it.

Oh and do correct me but a few hours ago I stumbled across some post that says hereís a TWI Olympic or something right? Sorry Trigel talking about olympics made me remember

Back from Osiris

Welcome back then!

Oh you again

Again?

«12. . .22,86422,86522,86622,86722,86822,86922,870. . .22,97022,971»

Advertisement